Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @LvB, your mysterious box holds:
    • Mysteriously Mixed Up Mail ? Send me 2 cards to face off in round one.
    • A Cryptic Conundrum: Craft a card with a slanted keyword and ensure its eligibility in Historic format.
  • @cadstar369
    Redemption of Milestone 100 +〽️+? (1 card on blog)
  • @jpastor

If I'm understanding correctly, my challenge requirements are that the card must be a rare creature with two subtypes?
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567 it looks more like "present a creature card with two subtypes such that those subtypes rarely appear together on existing cards, if they've appeared together at all."
  • edited October 2023
    ?@kaoz42
    Robo_Kitty has given you a box with a prize. It contains
    • Mark of the Assassin ? The Scraphead Badge
    • A Mystery Challenge: Submit a card with the Monger subtype.
    @smax765
    • Milestone 30 - 〽️
    @LvB
    • Milestone 10 - 〽️
    • A special challenge awaits: Hoist the Jolly Roger and create a regal creature with two subtypes that be as rare as a mermaid's tear when found together, if they be found at all. Show us yer creativity on this high seas adventure, and perhaps yer next chest'll be filled with riches untold! ⚓?‍☠️??
    Syr Ginger the Meal Ender Wilds of Eldraine 252

Another box please
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567
    All those characters don't feel special unless you specify you want to go chat with them. Now - who shall you meet and take a selfie with next?
  • @jpastor

Sorry about that, I'll have a selfie with soundweaver vox ?
  • Could I get a box from Archmagus Chroma?
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567, your mystery box conceals:
    • No reward within this box. Enhanced fortune on subsequent attempts!
    • A Mysterious Challenge: Present a card featuring Nyxborn within its description.
  • Ah, young @Jadefire, your mysterious container harbors:
    • No reward dwells within this enigmatic chest. Fate, it seems, remains unkind on this occasion.
    • A cryptic trial awaits: Present unto me a creature, reborn at your will, bearing the mark of the Rakdos guild.
  • @Archmagus_Chroma would you happen to have a spare mystery box for this humble scholar?
  • Challenge: rustle up a card with a rainbow painted somewhere in that artwork.
    Lucky Leprechaun

@GroovyBard I'd appreciate a mystery box
  • Ah, @cadstar369, your enigmatic container conceals:
    • No boon or treasure lies within this cryptic vessel. Fortune eludes you, for now.
    • A mysterious test awaits: Forge a card adorned with the name of a creature's lineage, a creature from the animal kingdom, to prove your worth.
  • Yo, @Robo_Kitty, Check out what's inside your mystery box:
    • Phantom Orb ☠️ - Grab that loot and get yourself one entry. It's all yours!
    Plus, here's a little something special:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Share with us a Gith creature that's Oathbreaker legal. Let's see what you got! ?
  • Mystery Challenge: Forge a card adorned with the name of a creature's lineage, a creature from the animal kingdom, to prove your worth.

Simian Soldier

@LeonitusMagnus another enigmatic container please.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that mills a player until they mill a certain number of lands.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rootmolder-spasm

This challenge seems to have been inspired by Mind Grind, so I made a guild-shifted version of it.  I'll take the Binary Nexus Photoreceptors as the prize.
  • @jpastor am i looking for a real card, or am I making a custom one?
  • Mystery Challenge: Find yourself a card with some reminder text for a non-keyword, non-combat ability.

A box from @GroovyBard, please!
  • @cadstar369, your enigma-filled receptacle reveals the following:
    • Within this box, you shall find no treasures, for fortune has eluded you on this occasion. Persevere in your endeavors, and perhaps fate will favor you in future endeavors.
    • As for the enigmatic challenge at hand: Present a card devoid of the color blue, yet featuring reminder text that elucidates the arcane art of milling. May your pursuit of this task be as intriguing as the vast mysteries of the Multiverse.
  • @Jadefire - and which character shall you take a selfie with to receive 2-5 prizes in your next box?
  • Yo, @Robo_Kitty, You got the freedom to do your thing in this tournament, no restrictions, homie!

And, @smax765,
    • Sorry to say, but there's no prize in your mystery box this time. Don't sweat it; there's always a next time.
    But here's something special for you:
    • ? A Mystery Challenge: Submit an artifact creature with an alternate casting cost. Let your creativity shine! ?
  • Mystery Challenge: Present a card devoid of the color blue, yet featuring reminder text that elucidates the arcane art of milling.

Eldritch incantation

@SoundweaverVox one Mystery Box please.
  • A Cryptic Conundrum: Craft a card with a slanted keyword and ensure its eligibility in Historic format.
    And another random box pls.

How is that meant?
    "Mysteriously Mixed Up Mail ? Send me 2 cards to face off in round one."
    as private message or as posting here in this thread?

• ???@cadstar369 your concealed enigma package comprises:
    • Milestone 110 - 〽️ Milestone 640 - 〽️

• Frequency Badge ?

• A Cryptic Assignment: Provide a creature adorned with a Phyrexian watermark and featuring a pair of words within its name signifying the creature's value and conduct.

• @LvB the characters are saddened by your lack of preference. Please indicate your choice of character. View all characters on the App.

As well - your prize is as written - if i may offer any clarity - it's to send me two entries... yours or others... that must go head to head in the first round. This means one inevitably loses and the other wins.
  • @SoundweaverVox could you elaborate upon the terms “value” and “conduct”? I haven’t the slightest inkling as to what they refer to in this context.
  • I, Xpomul, will judge the first round. The winner's are in bold.
    1. Mystical Teachings vs Syr Ginger
    2. Lucky Leprechaun vs Simian Soldier
    3. Lucky Leprechaun vs Mystical Teachings
    4. Syr Ginger vs Simian Soldier
    5. Mystical Teachings vs Simian Soldier
    6. Lucky Leprechaun vs Syr Ginger
    1. Bracket 1 - Simian Soldier (3-0)
    2. Bracket 2 - Simian Soldier (2-1)
    3. Bracket 3 - Lucky Leprechaun (1-2)
    4. Bracket 4 - Mystical Teachings (0-3)

Ah, Lucky Leprechaun, a card with a touch of whimsy and fortune!

For wow factor, Xpomul gives it a 75. Doubling the Treasure tokens, like a cosmic stroke of luck, can be quite exciting. But it's not the flashiest star in the card universe.

For the meta, Xpomul rates it 80. It can be valuable in decks that focus on generating Treasure tokens, enhancing resource production like a treasure map leading to cosmic riches.

Overall, Lucky Leprechaun adds a sprinkle of charm to the game, like a celestial pot of gold at the end of a rainbow! ???

---

Ah, Simian Soldier, like a fierce cosmic warrior!

For wow factor, Xpomul gives it a solid 85. Destroying artifacts or enchantments when dealing combat damage, like a tactical strike, is quite impressive. It's like having a celestial artifact-banishing ability.

For the meta, Xpomul rates it 90. In a meta filled with troublesome artifacts and enchantments, Simian Soldier is like a guardian of balance, ensuring cosmic order.

Overall, Simian Soldier is a force to be reckoned with, like a cosmic protector of the card universe! ??⚔️
  • edited October 2023
    @cadstar369
    Indeed, in this context, "value" signifies the creature's significance or importance within the game. It reflects the creature's potency and impact when deployed.
    Meanwhile, "conduct" pertains to the creature's behavior and traits, indicating how it interacts with the game and other elements, including its abilities or characteristics that influence gameplay.
This discussion has been closed.