Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @Shadaar
    I commented on both of your cards (I'm sorry, but I have no idea what Darksiders is).

Next Up:
    It was a request submitted here and added to The Menu.
    Place your own order today!

Leave a fave or comment on at least one of these cards then post up to two of your own!
  • edited March 2019
    :delet:
  • @Tbeast430
    Have you read this thread's rules?
  • edited March 2019
    @Faiths_Guide
    No idea which comment to reply to, so I'm replying to both to be on the safe side.

First off, your card, I suppose.

Not much to say. Pretty solid and can't be abused. Also... squirrels.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

@Tbeast430
    I suppose aside from the first page, the rules have been reposted several times, so here is a copy/paste of the rule from the top of the first page for your convenience since they are mostly scattered about and buried (the exception being the one at the top of the first page, of course) :

Same as the other "Post your cards" discussion except you must comment or favorite the card above yours to post your own.

Now, onto feedback :

This should definitely cost more, or you need to dial down the number of Clowns this makes. Just by casting this, you get 9 power and toughness worth of creatures, and unimpeded it makes more, getting larger in the process. At the bare minimum, this should probably cost at least 8 mana if you don't want to change the number of tokens it makes. As an additional note, you should probably make the activated ability cost more.

Next Up

Copy/paste from comment section :
    Not concerned about the second ability. What I am looking for help with is the first ability, since card text rarely mentions the inner workings of Magic's rules, this one being state-based actions. Primarily, I am looking for the proper wording in the context that he is impervious to deathtouch and you actually have to either cast a kill spell a la Murder or Hex, or brute force it in combat - AKA deal at least 3 damage to him - to kill him.

Leave a favorite or comment, then post up to two of your own!
  • edited March 2019
    @Damnation Maybe just, "Whenever a creature would deal damage to Lifeblood, it loses deathtouch until end of turn" or something like that? I'm not sure what to do if you want the deathtouch to stay, though.

Nothing much to say here. Couldn't find any original art, so I just used the art for Vona, Butcher of Magan.

There's something I could do with Crusade to make it look better, but I just can't figure it out.
    P.S. Yes, I know the reminder text should be italicized.
  • edited March 2019
    imageimage

So yea Im on break so not a lot of time with my four college visits last one tomorrow!!!!:)
    I found a night to make a card and put up a recent one. Thoughts on my cards?!

@ouser94501 Crusade is an interesting thought I look the idea I just think it is underpowered...Let me put it this way. I don't want to pay seven mana for the ability...seems like too much. Yes the crusade is 5, but to activate the other 2 it is 7. Idk...I think you could up the cost of the card by 1 and drop the total cost down to 4...2 for the crusade and 1 for each as u have it already. I think the 3/3 is a really good stat for this card...with the mana buff if u decide to do so even a 4/3 or 4/4 if ur feeling greedy would work. I really like the idea though sounds solid as a concept.
  • edited March 2019

apotheosize - /əˈpɒθɪəsʌɪz/
    verb
    elevate to, or as if to, the rank of a god; idolize.
  • edited March 2019
    @ElMagici
    I commented on your cool card!

Next Up:

I liked the card so much a made the rest of the colors:
    imageimageimageimage
    The closest thing WotC did to this was the Magus Staff Cycle, and I don't know why similar designs weren't made.

Leave a fave or comment on Bountiful Seas then post up to two cards of your own.
  • *Buuouump!* Excuse me.
  • @Faiths_Guide
    I think this cycle seems interesting and probably approptiately powered (for an uncommon you might be able to add a little more). My only criticism is that because none of the tokens have abilities they come off as a little bland. Maybe give each color a different keyword to spice it up (white could be lifelink, blue could be flying, red could be haste etc. I don't know if those specific ones are appropriately powered but I'm sure you could find some that are balanced).

I'm new to the site, how do you link cards? If you want to look them up yourself, my two cards are Eowyn, Witch Slayer and Monastery Chamion
  • edited April 2019
    @jboss1642

I'll post them for you. You can check how to in the FaQ megapost. I'm new too and it helped me a lot.

Okay so starting with Eowyn. I like the concept. I like that it's fairly hard to remove and how it can snowball into to losing the game pretty quick if you don't get rid of it. I'd remove the red from its casting cost and make it CMC 4, since it will be making you draw a card or two as well.

Monastery champion seems a tad underpowered. Unless there's some huge synergy for unify in your set ... Really a 2/3 for 4 doesn't make me go crazy. And the tokens with exalted are nice but leaving behind a 3/3 (only when attacking behind) eeeh. I could totally see it the monastery champion being a 4/4 (maybe 4/3 since exalted can get pretty crazy) like the recent Conclave Cavalier from the recent Guilds Of Ravnica! I'm just scared I'll play against Orzhov or Esper and I don't want to see my 2/3 exiled with nothing in return....

Ok here go my two cards:

• edited April 2019
    @ArmisJoe
    Thank you for helping out!

@jboss1642
    I appreciate your feedback!

Here's the discussion that should help you out:
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/2584/brief-guide-to-uploading-linked-pictures-images-in-comments-w-visual-aid/p1

• Faved the cards! @ArmisJoe

Btw Is Illara the name?
  • edited April 2019
    @mlg20555 Definitely on the strong side, basically being a preexisting good card but now without surveil, you lose three life, and get a 1/4 flying with hexproof. Blue, black, and red will be common in decks now, bolas and all, and a 1/4 flying is great when Spectacle is an option. Maybe needs a bit of tweaking, but not game breaking or anything. 8.5/10 I don't really have a favorite card to show off, and even if I did this wouldn't be it, but this is one of my first, so anything I can get on this in the future will be helpful.
  • @Netherin5, I actually think The End is underpowered. Even if you manage to cheat it in, you won't be able to do anything with it unless you have lots of life to spend or counters to move onto it. Also, watch the bleeding of the text. When that happens, I just press return.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/delonos-demigod-of-horizons
  • @Temurzoa
    I think the card is strong but fair given the limitations of the colorless mana usage for the card draw, contrasted by the devotion. The only issue is a minor typo, but I won't judge that at all. It happens all the time.
    ---
    Whenever colorless mana empties from your mana pool, if your devotion to blue is four or greater, draw that many cards.
    ---

Next Up: I'd like your impression on this transform card I made.

Left = front; Right = transform.
    imageimage

Mechanics on the card's faces are listed below.

Split (You may cast either face of this card for that face's casting cost.)

Split mind (As long as this {Card type} didn't enter the battlefield, transform into itself, attack or use an activated ability this turn, you may transform this planeswalker as a sorcery.)

Companion to a Demon. (You may can have a second commander, if it's a Demon.)

Deviate {Specific card} (Exile that card face down. For as long as it remains in exile, you may look at it and/or play it. As long as you don't own it, you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that card.)

Transmute {card} (Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal three cards of the transmuted card's card type, then you may exchange one of those cards that share a card type with it. Put each of the other cards on the top or bottom of your library in a random order.)
  • @murkletins

I don’t think Companion to a Demon is needed at all flavorfully, but I really like the concept of it.
    The second ability should be a -2, it could get out of hand otherwise.

On the third ability of Mercy, Angel of Principles it should read the following: As a card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, exile it. At the beginning of your next upkeep, if Mercy is still on the battlefield, return it to your hand.

You don’t need transmute either.

A few mechanic suggestions:

Split mind (As long as this {Card type} didn't enter the battlefield transform, attack, or use an activated ability this turn, you may transform this {Card Type} as a sorcery.)

Overall, it’s a neat concept with a little bit of tweaking needed! Keep up the good work!

- - - - - - - - - -

Any thoughts on this?

• edited April 2019
    @shadow123 The card is perfect, exept for one thing. That draw card effect is way too good for only 3 mana. for the same cmc, you get Divination. I would either increase the cmc or make the draw effect a loot or rummage effect instead.

Next up...

I haven't come up with a good name for him yet.
  • @ouser94501, nice design. I love the concept of creating tokens and then an emblem. My only suggestion would be to switch the White and Red mana symbols around, and also to bump the mana cost up a bit.

Thoughts on my custom Advisor mechanic?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-advisor-1

imageimage
    imageimage
  • edited April 2019
    @Temurzoa
    I never really played Conspiracy, but I do like the Monarch mechanic; I think you may be going a little too "all-in" on it, but it's definitely intriguing. You've done a very good job from a flavor standpoint in any case *ThumbsUp*

Next Up:

-BLURB-
    Land destruction! *Johnny begins to drool* That's right, you get value for blowing up your opponents lands. With a little help, I've tweaked the wording so that it also hoses fetches and any other lands with sacrifice effects. I hope the flavor is clear here: your opponents lands are tired of being used for outpost sites and decide to rise up, join your cause, and and fight back as powerful elementals! Their whole-hearted defection makes them even more terrifying in battle.

Leave a fave or comment on this card, then post up to two of your own!
  • edited May 2019
    @Faiths_Guide
    Commented.

Up Next

Comment or favorite on this card, then post up to two of your own!
  • edited May 2019
    @Damnation cool card, commented and favorited!

imageimage

Give me some feedback or favorite the cards <3
  • @ArmisJoe, Bloodforged Hammer seems clunky with so many abilities. I would first suggest cutting the hybrid mana, then choosing smaller text.

Phiona is well designed. I would make the last ability -3.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jiago-the-moonkissed
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/luju-arcane-cutpurse
  • What do you think about this card: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/kiko-the-wise-1
  • edited May 2019
    @haffy
    You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. We're trying to keep this discussion as clear as possible so that people have the simplest time knowing what to comment/fave when they post their own card for critique. I will try and swing by to comment on your linked card though ;)

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post one or two cards for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on at least one of the cards preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, almost every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

@Temurzoa
    You got a bunch of good feedback on Luju already!
    I think Jiago is brilliantly insane, sweet Legend. Peter Mohrbacher's artwork, as always, was the correct choice.

Next up:

• Three mana legendary clone... I LOVE THIS CARD SO MUCH AND I THINK THAT @Faiths_Guide SHOULD GET MORE CREDIT THAN DESERVED!!!!!!!

now, https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/everlasting-doubts and https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jaces-control-spell

Thanks!
  • @Dom_Rocks commented on Everlasting Doubts

• edited May 2019
    @TheCenterOfTheUniverse, dropped a like on that!

Okay, Here are my cards, feedback GREATLY appreciated!

The Link: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/trainee-usheszawei

The Link: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sikoshi-dark-sun

• @bigbadbooknerd - Trainee Usheszawei's 1st ability is basically a bit stronger version of deprecated keyword intimidate, which I'm not a fan of. Other than that, the card is neat.

Nitpick: On Sikoshi, Dark Sun, there are some letters in the abilities which should and should not be capitalized. Here's how I believe they should be typed:

Vigilance, intimidate

At the beginning of your upkeep, put a ki counter on Sikoshi, Dark Sun.

{w}{b}, {t}: Remove a ki counter from Sikoshi: Creatures you control get +1/+2 until end of turn.

Alright, here's what I got:

image image

Leave a fave or comment on either card, then post up to two of your own!
  • @TenebrisNemo, Quest for the Holy Grail oozes with flavor. My only suggestion is to remove the legendary restrictions for granting protection. Sirkonda seems easy to exploit with Leylines, but other than that, it looks fine. Is there a story behind it that I don't understand?

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/yikrika-anima-arcanist