Sorinjace's Shout Outs - an mtgcardsmith devoted song

edited November 2018 in Off-topic Chat
I made my 1st recording in a long time in the studio today, it's god awful lol but fun and sarcastic and funny and utterly me. So I did it and it's an extra track so to speak, but it's all about mtgcardsmith! I basically just name several cardsmiths throughout the song, and yes I couldn't get everyone in the track. It was not easy to create, and we almost lost the track! I had a lot of fun, so did my buddy Chad and Jay (who recorded Chad and I. Mad props to Jay!) @Corwinnn, I was especially thinking of you and your off kilted humor, I'm hoping I did you proud and least get you to laugh. I think we share the same brand of twisted humor.

@OmnipresentAnonymous I didn't see your post until now, otherwise I'd have put you in the song definitely. Your username would've been great for the track. I didn't like this track too much in terms of breaking grounds personally, but it IS original and it is fun and funny. Least to me, and Chad, and @Ranshi922 heard it and laughed through the track, so at least 1 person likes it lol. I'll post it to YouTube asap when I can convert it to mp4 video, and put a picture up with it. For now, here is some studio pics for you guys to check out. If your following me, there's a greater chance you got named, but again, there's too many people to name @Lujikul I thought of you as well, among many others... Maybe I'll do another joke one in a different style if people want it done. Anyone with ideas please let me know, I don't get to record until December after Christmas. I want to do some serious tracks too later on, Chad and I form my 2 piece band named Saurog it was a 2 piece project I was going to do doom metal with it with my friend Devin Who passed away in 2016 (see my cards I made a card for him). This is to honor all of my friends and families alive and dead, and have fun in the process, because life's too short to be miserable all the time.

imageimageimageimage

For now, here's a clip Chad caught me unaware lol:

Comments

• Just another, just another, whoa oh
    Just another, just another, whoa oh
    Just another, just another, whoa oh
    Just another CS Devotee
  • I'm hype to hear it dude! You're god tier for making this.
  • edited November 2018
    I am going to help out my buddy @sorinjace with making a music video for him to put on YouTube of the song.

Plus I thought the song was cool. It had me laughing. Can't believe I'm first.
  • edited November 2018
    Dechujoh64 just informed me that Stan Lee died... :( I loved Stan Lee! I'm going to create a card for him in his honor.

@East2West you are so awesome, I'm no God Tier but thank you so much for the compliment!

So after the recording apparently Chad and Jay had a bad argument and part of which Jay had made fun of me, and Chad wasn't having it, so Idk if I'll record with him again. Chad says I did nothing wrong, just Jay was probably upset he didn't get time to record his own music, idk. It was my 1st time going over there. I'm not mad at him, hey I'm a goof troop, can't let that stop me. If I'm good at making silly recordings, than why stray from who I am? But I'm still metal, so goofy and metal. Not something you come across often. I like that I am who I am, and I love my mtgcardsmith. (Man that sounded like a advertisement. lol)

So having more time to listen to the track, it grows on you the more you listen to it, that is weird. The track may not be professional, but it took a lot of guts to do, especially in a new studio, and only having a half hour to record (we ended up using an hour and a half to edit the recording overall roughly.) @Dechujoh64 said he can help post it up on youtube as video clip that way you guys all can hear it. I will get one of my electronic songs I did and put that up there too sometime to go with it, so you can tell I try to be as creative as I can. :)

rip Stan Lee. :(
  • I am setting up a mini set of marvel themed cards. Most of the images I have found are vertical so I will probably use mtg design for them.
  • Im starting a contest in his favor. Stephen Hawking had one, Stan Lee deserves one too.
  • edited November 2018
    Thought you guys would get a kick out of this. @Dechujoh64 tipped me about Walgreens having a 40% off on things in their stores, and magic the gathering was one of those things. I investigated, and it turned out to be true! So I bought all 7 of the remaining booster packs at my local walgreens, and got me opening them on YouTube for you guys to check out. The clip for that is here:

• edited December 2018
    Announcement: the SORINJACE'S SHOUT OUTS song is officially up on youtube to listen to now for your guys's ears to bleed! lmao! here is the link, sorry it took so long to post! I had left it up to @Dechujoh64 to do it, but he never got real time to work on it, and @Jfoster90 tried but it cut the song in half on his program, so I had to get to work on it finally when I got a chance. We was going to have custom cards scroll with the song, but it wouldn't work long enough for the track, so i had to pick one picture, so i went with the one with chad and i. Im hoping you guys like it. Think Bob and Tom humor, @Corwinnn im looking at you! lol.

please leave me comments id be really curious to who of all of you took the time to go check this out, great chance your username may have shown up in the song, there wasn't room for everyone, but there was quite a few that did make it into the song!! sorry it took a month!
  • edited December 2018
    I guess in a weird way this is my christmas present to the community. merry christmas to everyone here!! (yes, EVERYONE here even if you don't follow me. thats ok. you get away with it THIS time. but NEXT time.... no, im just playin'.)

whenever i get to record with chad and jay again ill do an actual serious song, chad and i are trying to get back into the studio just after christmas, and ive been throwing the idea of a serious song this time around to him, and the song is about mourning the past and lost loved ones and having hopes for the future and not giving up. yes, thats all in one song. i will do clean vocals and chad will do growls, ill play guitar and he will do drums and keyboards, unless i do the drums as well, we haven't decided on that yet really. we do got the roughdraft to the lyrics down so far. its a deep subject, but my sillyness may make this hard to be a serious track, i sometimes feel like weird al in making songs, idk its just how they come out sometimes with humor i suppose... i like to laugh, leave me alone. lol. anyways, your fellow rocker/cardsmither loves all you guys, and Chad has said hello to you all as well!!
  • @sorinjace

I think my ears aren't the only ones that bleeding.

Merry fricking christmas to y'all too, bois!

One thumbs up from me.
  • I like it!
  • @Corwinnn, please close this discussion when you get a chance thanks!

Also, i am working on more songs to finish the cd both on my own and with Chad. Ok ttyl guys
This discussion has been closed.