Post your cards here, see what others think

Comments

• @Spliefer, I don't have enough time to read all of the cards, so I can only cover a couple.

Unyielding Vigilance creates an infinite combo with a sacrifice outlet.

Ravaging Whirlwinds's flavor text confuses me. Why don't the biggest trees catch the most wind?

Okami looks cool, but I would suggest turning the border gold/green/white. Just for aesthetics.

Thoughts?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/soulforged-knight
  • @Gelectrode Yeah Unyielding Vigilance should probably only trigger on nontoken Elves.

The flavor text hints at the card's usefulness at tapping down tokens and low-cost permanents.

And yes, the golden borders are a bit meh. Thanks for the feedback!

I like the Soulforged Knight. Zombies are my favorite tribe, and this would go nicely in my EDH deck. Great art too.
  • Pirate planeswalkers:

imageimage
  • edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017
    Hey, @everyone is this still overpowered?

Edit: ok already fixed it a lot.
  • @sanjaya666 It isn't too broken but it screams "Unfair Shenanigans". It's cost seems just right, the abilities really work for it, and it's pretty fair to use because it returns to hand.
  • ^note that you don't get an ETB trigger for the creature you kill with the current wording, so most of the Unfair Shenanigans I could think of doesn't work.
  • edited July 2017
    @SnoopDePoop: I know this is super late but OMG your Hex lady is so cool. That's such a clever thing to build around. Dopeness, I love it.

@everyone: I made another Commander card.

If people have any thoughts on improvements I'm definitely open to hearing them, but I actually think it turned out pretty cool so I mostly wanted to share her lol. Also, obviously I took some liberties with lore.

Made her pretty much entirely because I wanted to play a Rosheen Meanderer deck with Villainous Wealth and Lavalanche. (Vial Smasher and Kydele is my backup)
  • @sanjaya666: I would say the thing that makes it broken is the "return to hand" aspect. I think it's okay with "if it would die", but probably having it every turn might be a bit strong. (This is also coming from an EDH player, definitely not too strong for something like standard or limited)

@TenebrisNemo: what does Explore do? Is that something from the Ixalan leaks, or is it something you made up? (Or is that a tournament entry and one of the requirements were a made up thing called Explore). I LOVE the flavor of Captain Sang, that is such a cool card. I am a bit confused if the Majestic Sabre is the name of the ship though? If not, perhaps it should be an equipment instead?
  • edited July 2017
    @Rednose47 - Explore is from Ixalan. (Reveal the top card of your library. Put that card into your hand if it's a land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature, then put the card back on top or into your graveyard.)

And the Majestic Sabre is the ship's name. Blade of Seas is also a ship's name.
  • edited July 2017
    Opinions?
  • @SpiritDragon: seems like an awesome idea, I really love that and might steal the Mask concept (it's so cool!). A few suggestions:

- perhaps Mask should be an equipment subtype. So like, if it were on a card, might look like: "Artifact - Mask Equipment" or something. Otherwise, the "equipped with a mask" line technically wouldn't do much. Either that or perhaps you could put on the card text "this counts as a mask", sort of like an older card might say.

- usually the wording for the second part would go like "When Hunaphu Shaman enters the battlefield". Nitpicky, I know, but if ya wanna make it look super realistic.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bruugar-high-chieftain-1?list=user
    Could anyone help me find the full image for this guy. I had it. Now I can't backtrack. Not real good at that stuff.
  • @Rednose47
    It was actually a trial card for a set I have been thinking about for a while. I don't know if I should make a thread for it or not, I don't want to post the whole idea on this thread though. PM me if you want to know more.
  • edited July 2017
    Another hunaphu card:
    Cards for the masks coming shotly
  • Excellent card idea, with very cool implementation.
  • @SpiritDragon: gosh that's so cool, that set sounds really awesome. Are there other tribes with other synergies with another type of artifact? like an "evil" and "good" tribe sort of thing (zombies aren't necessarily evil and and humans aren't necessarilly good, that kind of thing)? I.e., are there "Those who hate masks"
  • edited July 2017
    @Rednose47
    Can we not have this conversation on this thread. Please go to my thread in card sets titled New Plane Idea and we can have this conversation there
  • @modnation675
    Thanks for the input!
  • edited July 2017
    I'm currently thinking about some new keyword called Bloodrage.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/valkenheim-warlord-3
    tell me if you think is cool
  • @cleriyou
    You need to work on the wording as it's hard to understand.
  • edited July 2017
    @cleriyou
    Did you mean the following? or was the buff supposed to be permanent like a counter?
    -----
    Bloodrage (This creature gets +X/+0, where X is the amount of damage it has.)
    -----
    and/or
    -----
    Bloodrage 2 (This creature gets +X/+0, where X is twice the amount of damage it has.)
    -----
  • edited July 2017
    @modnation675
    yes it was suppose to be permanent, I forgot to put counter on it... my bad
  • @cleriyou
    It's an MTG rule to not have counters that are variations of +1/+1 and -1/-1. I was actually asking so I could help you with the wording.
This discussion has been closed.