Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• I will just tell her to stop.
  • edited November 2019
    //Got it! I'm about to leave work, so I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
  • I've been waiting on more story line, our I'm the only one that has written message in our PM group.
  • @KorandAngels The angel begins to shake violently as she is overwhelmed by the extreme pain inflicted upon her by the wicked instrument. Even you can tell this is going too far, so your ask Altreya to stop.

"Even... your own... AH!" The angel is unable to speak.

"Back away, Ishka," Altreya recommends. "If you aren't going to help."

"Unlock the door!" The guard is trying to come inside. "This is cruelty!"

"Help me... help me..." The angels begins to bleed from her mouth as she slumps over, weak.

"Do something, dammit! She's going to die!"

"She's a scion of corruption," Altreya says to the guard. "One of many, anyways. Her death shall serve as an example of the fate that awaits the wretched."

"Make it... stop... someone... make it end..."

"If you would just say something. Anything. This could be so much easier."

"No... never..."

With one last moan, the angel faints from the pain.

"Dammit." Altreya throws the pain stick on the ground. "Looks like we'll need more direct methods-"

"I think it would be better if you stopped and left the questioning to the guards." You look to see Terra coming to the room, distraught.

"Excuse me?" Altreya turns to see her accusing glance.

"This is by no means an interrogation. This is torture!" Terra looks at you through the steel bars. "Are you going to let her do this?" No. You asked her to stop. But, for fear of retaliation, you don't comment. "You know all too well this has gone too far, Ishka. I saw the whole thing."

"Ishka..." Altreya looks at you. "I've noticed you've been far too passive about all of this... so I'd like you to show me you aren't in with these people. I'm well aware... you can use mind magic. And yet you have refused to do so. So, you will do as I say. You are to take this prisoner to the execution room. Strip her mind of anything useful, even if it results in mind-death. And if she's still alive... kill her."

"...very well," Terra mopes. "I won't interfere any more, Lord Arbiter..."

You will have to make a choice now; take the angel to the execution room, or refuse. Remember that this is open ended; just because you take the angel to the execution room doesn't mean you have to read her mind or kill her.
  • edited November 2019
    // I think we can all agree that the mass meetings did not go smoothly or work out well, let alone how I had planned them. I'll try to tie up the loose ends, and I'll try to avoid forcing these types of encounters in the future.
  • edited November 2019
    Monstrous beasts shamble towards Woewedt in search of allies willing and unwilling. Were-creatures tear towards Woewedt in a wretched hive-mind. Bloodwood elves fight to avenge their fallen clan. And in the midst of it all...

I told them my powers had a greater purpose. The shameful bloodline exiling us, using their powers for their personal gain. I'll show them they're wrong.

"Halt!" The general of a Bloodwood horde notices the vampire, and turns to face them. "State your business here, creature of the night!" The horde turns their weapons towards him, and are ready to kill.

"My business?" The vampire drops a waterskin to the ground. It once contained blood, but now it's empty. "For hundreds of years I've lived in peace, sourcing my blood from humane sources. But today I've realized that I needn't famish myself when I can use my powers for good. I could assemble an army for any purpose I wanted, and today, I'll devote my talent to saving the world. Any willing recruits?"

"The only ideal world is one ruled by the wilds," the general begins, "but given your inclination to bloodlust and ancient elven heritage, we think you would fit rather well in the Bloodwood. But we are the ones recruiting."

"I think you misunderstood." The vampire bares his teeth. "You're my first threat, and I was giving anyone willing to take it a chance at mercy."

The general cackles, and many of his allies join her, before they all suddenly stop and reassert their dominance. "The vampires were nearly hunted to extinction! What chance does a mere weakling like you stand against us?"

"Watch and learn..."

@TezzeretofCarmot21 // Skip your current challenge. This event takes precedence.

@ASubtleGhost

The ground tremors from the force of what must be an entire army charging towards Rootborn territory.

"Oh gods, they're coming!"

Brocara shivers as she takes cover behind the nearest object she can find.

"There's a great swell of movement coming towards us!" One of Zacarias's guards calls down from the top of the tree. "Werebeasts! Red eyes... what are we going to do?! There must be thousands!"

"We aren't ready for this, Zacarias! Our tree is completely open to the outside, and our numbers are scarce!"

Right... his forces aren't that powerful, let alone numerous enough to call an army. He's outnumbered and outmatched. Many among the conclave are minimally equipped, and only those who had silver weapons before they joined the conclave have them now.

"We need to flee while we can!"

"It's no use!" Brocara screams. "They're too fast!"

"I thought they were hunted to near extinction!?"

"In Delvad... but there were never this many in Racrion. Who knows how many Werebeasts there are that we never knew about..."

"1000 feet!"

Everyone in the Great Tree runs for high ground, when a shout causes them to stop in their tracks.

"Everyone to the center of the tree! Werebirds in the sky! The roof isn't safe!"

Moments pass as everyone rushes for safety. Those without weapons grab whatever they can to protect themselves. After the throne room is clear, Zacarias summons vines to block the entryways.

"N-no... what else!?..."

Zacarias rushes up to get a sight on the situation, tethering up the tree with vines, when he spots something else... coming from the south. A horde of zombies, led by demons.

"Is this it? The... end of the world?!"

The zombies are rushing in, but they curve to the east... towards the Werebeasts. A demon intercepts a werebird with his claws, bringing them to the ground, as forces down below begin to clash.

I have messaged @ASubtleGhost, the controller of the zombie army. He is preparing to speak to you. I hope it goes well.
  • Oh god, they’re gonna trample all of my plants... oh god, oh frick, I don’t know if I have enough plant-based boardwipes to get out of this one...
  • edited November 2019
    // Even the most secure prisons can be escaped...

\\
  • edited November 2019
    (I)90º - (3)180º = (771m)180º - (38)180º - [)v8]180ºk

• Anyways... @TezzeretofCarmot21 @Tommia

As the nightmarish army continues to tear through the werebeasts, a small detachment approaches the Rootforged Conclave's cover, led by a towering individual. He or she wears a black armor, glistening like oil, and a viciously horned helm. A demon, for sure. Raising a hand, it stops the detachment in its tracks, then takes a few more steps forward.

The demon spoke in a dry, raspy, yet strangely lightly pitched voice, that sounded to Zacarias as if it were a strangled man talking under the dark plate armor.

"People of Woewedt ! The day of judgement is at hand, and the gods stand guilty. I am Gavren'dra, servant of the great lord Xataxji, Master of the Ziggurat of Jedam, Warlock of Padetra, Master of the Infernal Arts and Broker of Dark Pacts. In his name, I gather an army to topple the heavens. Our enemy is great: The Six themselves plan on casting this plane of existence into oblivion. This is why our master has risen against them, and why he asks all of Stitia to rise too, lest we all face obliteration ! And so, I ask you, mortals of the woodlands: where do you stand ? Will you take up arms against the Mad Pantheon ? Or will you cower like sheep, mewling before the butcher's cleaver ?"

The demon's words are harshly spoken, almost spit out. As he talks, the ghoulish army behind him begins gathering the overwhelmed werecreatures, dead and alive, stacking the corpses in carts and throwing wounded prisoners into crude iron cages. Zacarias knew that every army needed to fuel its existence: this one's fuel was frighteningly obvious. Apparently, the demon was not openly hostile to the Conclave, but Zacarias's intuition told him that his answer could quickly change the statu quo... and that his people could end up sharing the caged werebeasts' fate.
  • Sorry about that... please continue on.
  • edited November 2019
    @ASubtleGhost @TezzeretofCarmot21 The werebeasts are making a tough fight against the legion, but it's obvious that the strange power imbued in Beirt was giving Xataxji's army an edge. The werebeast's are ferocious, but it seems as though their fighting is becoming... apprehensive. As though they're considering retreat. But this consideration suddenly becomes painstakingly obvious as one of the dying werewolves becomes possessed.

"My allies of the moon! I thought you were stronger than this!... but alas, my intervention is required."

The werewolf is badly injured, and is likely only being kept alive by magic. However, with a purple glow, the werewolf begins to regenerate rapidly, and in mere moments, it's not only healed, but it appears to have become significantly stronger than before, laced with arcane eldritch power.

"It seems as though, in my army's haste, they failed to realize that thousands of undead minions were charging straight towards them." The entire werebeast army is halted, almost paralyzed, as all of their eyes flash to purple. "I have forced my minions to cease this attack, and I shall send my servants home, if you can do me a favor. I heard you say something about... facing the gods. I'm highly interested, and think I might be able to help you substantially, but right now, I'm trapped. There are a few things I need my army to gather. If you can promise me you won't go slaying any more of my kin, and if you can release the prisoners, I'll promise not just you, but your elf friend here, that both of your will be rewarded immensely."
  • @ASubtleGhost @Tommia

Zacarias stares coolly at the demon. After hesitating for a moment, he delivers a response.

“Under normal circumstances, your kind would not be welcome here. But these are desperate times, and I am willing to fight alongside you to save our forest, and everything outside, from the awful fate that the Six would have us suffer. Tell your lord Xataxji that I am more than willing to fight alongside him, and my people are willing to fight alongside you to save this land.”

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/favor-of-the-rootforged
  • edited November 2019
    Oh shoot, I had that comment done before I saw what @Tommia said...
    Zacarias agrees to the wolf’s wishes.
  • edited November 2019

"All language is is letters and numbers. How words are said, how sentences are punctuated, symbols, icons... it's all meaningless. The only thing that matters is actions."

13-275-222-114-18 - 209-72-148-8-260 - 84-85 - 86-130-264-126-167-6.
    307-288-271 - 155-224-125-289 - 99-4-14-69 - 205-293-51-144-252-134-194.
  • edited November 2019
    @TezzeretofCarmot21 The towering werewolf bows to Zacarias gratefully. "I am glad to see you accept the misunderstanding. My slaves are currently on a crusade... they had no idea the Bloodwood were gone. And, as they say... the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and your are apparently not allies with the Bloodwood. I cannot assist you more directly, only through my vessels, but I can grant you a portion of my power..."

"...however, there is an assurance policy to it. Only if I find my freedom will you benefit from it. But I will promise you this; the wait will be more than worth it. The gift of the moon... without becoming a lycanthrope."

@ASubtleGhost The werewolf then stands up to face the demon, who is much more on-par with his height, perhaps taller. "As for you, I will take your silence as a yes. I could help you face the gods, and the death of the Six would be significant to my people's survival. If you have no objections, I would be humbled to ask you a favor. I can only escape once the full power of the moon has been released. I could wait, yes, but I don't think 6 days before the end of the world would be the best time for me to be freed. I need someone with power, who will be able to influence the moon more directly. Would you or your master be able to assist me?"
  • Okay @Tommia , I'll be back in this game in the next couple of days. If it's alright with you, can you message me a recap of what's going on?
  • Hello everyone. Stitia hasn't been very eventful lately, and while I know some people are too busy, I have a gut feeling some people may of forgotten about this.

Here's everyone who hasn't participated lately, who has not contacted me

@Blazin_Biscuit
    @BudGetTheCam
    @EnvyReaper
    @sanjaya666 / @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos
    @ASubtleGhost
    @ThatOneCat
    @ElMagici
    @Pepperoni
    @KorandAngels

Assumed Drop-Outs/AWOL (These player's characters will become fully autonomous in a week)

@EmolgAn
    @Derain2
  • I just don't know what to do.
  • @Tommia (Yep. My character seems to be redundant in this story. Still pondering about some meaningful things that I could do with it.)
  • I am still here, waiting for my prompt
  • Lemme get to everyone in order.

@KorandAngels You are faced with a dilemma. You will have to choose whether to obey Altreya's demand or not.

http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/164758/#Comment_164758
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos I'll add that profile to the PM like I've meant to. I just asked everyone about a mission.
  • edited November 2019
    ATTENTION EVERYONE!

My availability is about to change significantly. It depends on if my work, well, works out, but due to my stringent parents controlling my time in the evenings, mixed with my attempts to dabble in art and college coming up, my escapades on here will probably become uncommon soon. I'll keep up with this though, but right now things are uncertain...
  • @ASubtleGhost I'll be trying to spend some time catching up with my contests. I'm letting you know that if you aren't able to respond by tomorrow, I was going to auto-resolve the Encounter with Zacarias and the werecreatures as a peaceful decline of their offer.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 ( @Pepperoni This event interrupts your current encounter with the men at the cathedral.)

As TIel approaches a guard, a swirling mist of blood surrounds the altar in the center of the room. Suddenly, the mist disappears, leaving in its place a great group of leonin and vampires, along with another spirit and a robed being.

As K'Trniop arrives in the ornate cathedral, he smells blood, and hears the sounds of a wretched hymn being sung.

"D-Def! You've returned!"
    "There's no time to waste, David. Send all of these kind men and women to get robes so they can partake in the ceremony."
    "Very well. Everyone, follow me."

As David is about to lead the group, he passes through TIel. An icy chill runs through him, a cold familiarity in Tiel's presence, and he stops.

"B-b-brave spirit... why have you returned?"
    "A spirit?" Def inquires.
    David rushes to come up with a lie. "There's been a spirit that won't leave the church."
    "Then I'll order to have them retreat the walls with soulsalt. Spirits should recoil from this place. In the meantime, I'm sure we can put it to use." Def summons a spirit lantern, and activates it. Suddenly, both K'Trinop and Tiel are pulled towards it.

"K'Trinop-"
    "I thought you were a god, are you not?"

Both Tiel and K'Trinop begin to feel their life force being drank away. K'Trinop looks towards his allies, but they all begin to lose their physical forms, slowly turning into an ephemeral dew.

"Def! Stop!" David rushes in to grab the lantern, but one slash with Def's ritual blade renders David innate.
    "What is this? Surely that spirit was annoying you, yes?"
    "Everyone! Focused attacks!"

Each of you must make a card that can deal with the spirit lantern. It will be judged as usual, with 10/15 being the target. Simple cards (i.e. Naturalize) will not be accepted.
This discussion has been closed.