Worldcraft Part 1 (An Alternate Earth)

124»

Comments

• Daardie's plan is two-fold. First, he will have one of his men infiltrate the Makusena, posing as a newly acquired shipwright. He will learn the ways of the crew and the ship.

Secondly, disaster strikes...
  • edited April 2020
    @IzItTru Although Ozier was no master magus, still he's an adept in several fields of magic. Although his talent really shines in the field of animating dead objects, every mage at least has to know about basic spells such as how to cross a long distance with little effort, or using as little mana as possible.

"Just give me a break..." He muttered while several rocks fell dangerously close to him. So with a quick hand motion, he hurriedly cast a portal that lead to... wherever that was. He didn't really care about the destination due to the panic anyway. With the "Hagura" in hand, he jumped through the portal, and stumbled onto the hard ground.

"Now where in the gods am I..." He muttered as he slowly stood up... but he winced as the feeling of pain quickly crept inside of his left leg, and the merchant-spelunker fell again unceremoniously...

• @IzItTru I think that's everyone, what happens next?
  • edited April 2020
    @Scaccogaming Wait, let me just submit really quick (coming the next couple of hours)
  • @HeroKPoh, sorry, I thought it was just the four of us for some reason. My bad, really. Also nice job with the hags, man.
  • @all sorry for being MIA, i'll get the challenges done now!

@Scaccogaming The dragon looks you in the eyes, it's pale scales radiating the light. It begins to speak,

"Princess of dunes and sand, your offer intrigues me! While I am not used to collecting my treasures this way, but I can make an acceptation. I will agree to stop my attacks for this treasure, but my only request would be to move my lair to your palace, the great dragon of the desert Xananos has returned from his millennia long slumber and now he terrorizes the desert. If he finds my lair here in his territory then he would kill me easily but behind the walls of your palace I would be safe." 

You remember the myths about Xananos  that you were told as a child, his was said to be so big a flap of his wings could create a sand storm. You nod your head to the dragon she begins to move her treasures to your castle and makes a liar their under one of the ruined towers. (If you wouldn't have let the dragon move into your castle say so and I'll change the story.)

That night the dragon gives you a scroll, she says that she found it in a ruined village many ages ago and the picture on it reminds her of her staff. You unroll it, the scroll is decorated with a mural of two figures, both are holding staffs that look very similar to yours. The one on the left holds a golden staff of light and the other holds an obsidian staff of night. You look over the mural, then something in your head clicks. The positions the characters and designs of the picture remind of off the desert you live in! There's a red dot on top of the obsidian staff, this is a treasure map! What do you do?

@Abu_Jafar The cloak is the perfect tool for the job. You put it on and blend into the night. Climbing over the palace walls you silently climb into the Emperors' display tower, with the grace of a cat you scale up it. You reach the top and pull out your lockpicks and begin to unlock a window on the side of the tower. You slip into the display room, only one soldier stands an guard, you sneak up behind him and knock him out with your dagger handle. In the center of the room the metallic egg rests on the small podium. You grab it and feel...disappointed...you have a knack for identifying the presence of magic and the egg has no magic presence, but why is it important then? You pocket it and leave. 

When you return to your hideout you examine the egg, the designs on it remind you of something...the music box! The one that was stolen by the hooded figure, how are the egg and the music box related? Maybe if you had them both then you could figure this out! What do you do?

@spookoops Luckily Makusena is hiring workers at their docking site, your spy is able to infiltrate as a shipwright easily. Sabotaging the ships however proved to be more difficult. He sent you a copy of the shipping ledger for the ship the mob is organizing and apparently it is delivering weapons and war supplies to a place over seas. The next night on your command he burns down the ships after stealing some of the plans and ledgers for the delivery. The ships were going across the sea to the kingdom known as Ehia, interesting. Your attacks does not go unnoticed though you receive a message from the man who originally met with you it reads "Stop now or you will have hell to pay". What do you do? 

@Fallen_Lord_Vulganos You look around where you landed, the portal seemed to carry you out of the Alchemists Mill and into the desert around it, the upper portions Mill appears to be largely unaffected by the blast but the underground and ground floors are beginning to collapse. How only one blast like that was able to collapse the entire building is beyond you. Across the way your men and golems begin to move away from the dig site running from the collapsed building. You conjure a gust of wind to move you to safety and retreat back to your camp with the rest of your men. The next day a you return to your ships ready to return to Meloni. You read through the Hagura on the way, the tome is difficult to read but you manage to translate it. You search through it for a way to achieve your goal of turning stone to gold but so far have not found it. The book has however reveled the location of an old dragon's lair which could have some powerful magic in it. You can either: Go investigate the dragon's lair to see if there are any magic items or spells that could be valuable to you or Return to Meloni to continue translating the book in your lab which has better tools so the translation would be faster. Which do you decide to do?
  • edited April 2020
    @IzItTru Shirames does, in fact, accept the dragon's presence around her, allowing it to make a lair nearby. She uses the spirits to slowly but steadily bring back the treasure.

As she reads the scroll's contents, Shirames looks up to the Dragon and asks: "I see, this must be a treasure map... I thank you greatly for such a gift... I'm assuming that I will have to go and find such treasure... Hence, I trust you with my palace. I will bring some spirits with me, but you will not be defenseless while I am gone." 

With that said, the desert is easier to travel during the night, so Shirames gathers some of her servants and readies for her expedition.

• Well, I think it makes sense to go and steal it as well...
  • edited April 2020
    @IzItTru Ozier was in a dilemma. He could just back with only the book as his prize. Or he could explore the newly discovered dragon's lair to check it out for more valuables. Whether those are magical or financial.

'Curse my greed and my sense of of adventuring.' The merchant frowned as he caressed his bandaged left leg. A wonder of a healing spell and a nasty bone-growing potion. He swore that was the most painful day of his life.

"You alright now, boss?" Asked his right-hand woman and bodyguard who casually strolled inside his quarter, Yhen. The half-cat lady stood with her left arm on her waist along with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, yes, thank you for checking out." Answered Ozier with an annoyed expression. The young half-cat caught the sight of an ornate walking staff that lied beside the door and picked it up.

"Here, boss. I believe the pain will gone in a few days, right?" And then she gracefully handed the staff to the sitting merchant lord with both hands. Ozier just sighed and slowly stood to watch the night sky through the window of his quarter, and craned his neck for a good moment.

"Have you ever fight a dragon, my dear." The half-cat bodyguard crossed her arms, then fell into a thoughtful expression and frowned.

"As far as I have lived, no, I have never fight one, boss."

"Then a good strategy is needed to at least distract it, or even kill it."

"You mean that..." The merchant lord turned himself towards her, then he pointed his bodyguard to a marked position on the map that lied on the table.

"Yes, we are going to raid a dragon's nest. And don't worry about your... additional payment, we can talk about it later." The half-cat lady gritted her teeth.

"Sounds like a challenge then." Then she smirked, folded the map into a roll, and walked towards the door.

"And take care of yourself, boss." Saluted the personal bodyguard. '

'Tch, what a pain.' He smirked, then poured a quarter of wine in his personal ornate chalice.

'For all the wealth that I have... and I'm still alone for this long.' After all, there was no point in wallow in despair.

(I choose to: Investigate the dragon's lair. The card is just an insight about my character's right hand woman.)
  • Sorry to say this but I’m going to take a break from this for about five days. School and life in general has gotten really busy so I need to focus on that right now. Thanks for understanding!
  • @IzItTru don't worry, take your time. Just don't leave us hanging for too long, okay?
  • Alright I'm back! Sorry about the break but I should be good to go for now!

@Scaccogaming You set out into the desert with your spirit entourage following the map, eventually after two days of travel you come across a valley, you know this place. It is a vast mesa carved out by the Inos river, there are two possible paths you could take. One takes you to the right through Front-Paw Valley, a dangerous valley inhabited by monkey people or Metal-Run Valley, a less explored misty valley that is haunted by undead horrors. Which do you take?

@Abu_Jafar You remember hearing their plan to steal the egg at the festival and decided that it would be the perfect time to steal the music box from them. You get a nights rest and wake up early in order to tale the two thugs to find out where the hooded figure is.

You reach the store from last night and follow the two thugs to the festival where they meet up with the hooded figure in an alley along the parade route. You perch atop a rooftop across the street from them, you are worried that if you don't steal it now you will miss your opportunity to steal the box but you don't want to charge in without thinking. Do you Hurry to steal the egg before you miss your chance or Take time to surveil the scene and devise a plan?

@Fallen_Lord_Vulganos With Yhen in tow you travel to the dragon's lair it only takes a few days across the sea before you dock in a portside desert town. You head into the desert following the map before you reach your destination. The lair itself is massive, a giant cave entrance built into the side of a mound of sandstone, a small village of wood and sand rests in front of it as hooded humanoids travel throughout the village and around the lair's entrance. Could they be other treasure seekers? Desert warriors? Maybe even the dragon's minions. Either way you need to find a way inside. What do you do?

• Shirames looks at the map, baffled. "Mhh... What road should I take... Maybe I could ask for help from the monkey people, but if they result hostile I might get in trouble... On the other hand, the Metal-Run valley... Given by the looks of the map, it's probably where the treasure resides... I could probably defend myself from undead creatures, for a time. But a journey without a guide might be a reckless move..." Hence, she sighs, looking towards her small army.
    " Well, I am a princess. Maybe asking the natives for help doesn't look too bad of an idea." 

@IzItTru tl;dr: Shirames ventures towards the Front-Paw Valley.

• edited May 2020
    @Scaccogaming (Ah yea sorry, gonna do the entry shortly then. Also what's this all about?)
  • What, oh sorry. I put like a sentence saying i was going to steal the box as well. I couldn't think of a card to put there as well, sorry about that.

• BUMP 

Did you guys just forget about this saga?
  • edited May 2020
    @IzItTru
    Was it a good idea to bring his rather sneaky bodyguard in this task? Probably. But the greed of humanity, or any people with animalistic traits anyway, was of course presenting a danger within itself. Especially when the destination was a particularly large treasure hoard of a dragon.

'Damnit, couldn't blindly open a portal to an unexplored area. Especially to an ominous cave that's crawling with those weird people. Tough damnable luck.' Ozier the spelunker frowned as he was lying on his stomach while observing the commotion from a distance by using a spyglass. His enchanted bag of holding also only contained unusable items for that particular situation, mostly at least.

"I suggest to make a distraction, like burning the whole village for example." Yhen, his cat-hybrid bodyguard who was also lying beside him suggested nonchalantly.

Ozier just sighed towards the psycopathic tendency of the person who was probably his closest friend and ally, months since the beginning of his journey to obtain the secret formula of the 'philospher's stone'. But mostly the merchant prince just wanted to go on an adventure anyway. The intrigue of the merchant world was indeed a very tiring business.

"You know, I really don't want to paint myself as a crazy... destructive person, but if that's our only choice, then well go on. But please don't kill someone unless it's necessary."

"You got it boss!" And the formerly cat-hybrid thief gracefully went to action under the veil of the night. After all, a cat had a much better night vision than a normal human.

'Welp, she's indeed really good at turning the whole village into giant mess of bonfires. Wait, she never told me that she could do pyromancy... that accursed sly cat...' At the moment Ozier could only hope that Yhen didn't perform an act of arson on his ship, like accidentally or purposefully nevertheless.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/flames-of-vengeance
  • I'm sorry to say this but I don't think I'm going to be able to continue with this. I'm really busy and don't have as much time to pay close attention to this saga. Thanks for participating though.
  • Kinda sad too see that the saga is ending, I get it though.
This discussion has been closed.