Twin Nations Contest: Custom Commanders (Closed)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Introducing- Runo Stromkirk!
    He is a friend to all who like clues! If anyone has any feedback on how I could word the card more correctly or how to just improve the card in general please PM me. @modnation675 glad to see your doing another contest! :)

Essentially I tried to think what is the closest equivalent of a mechanic for a creature that attacks underwater. Shadow came to mind. And I figured give the Merfolk a leader with a unique ability. So I guess I created inverted hexproof?

Hime is simply a Princess who lives the life of a Ninja.
  • My second entry:
    If anyone has any feedback on how I could word the card more correctly or how to just improve the card in general please PM me.
  • edited March 2017
    3rd entry.

• edited March 2017
    @undella2 sort of. I more so needed a mechanic that would allow people to pay life for mana if they chose, and phyrexian mana already exists. It's in flavor with the set I'm designing as it helps distinguish the war that is raging on this plane, and the consequences of the decisions you make during war (in this case, gameplay).
  • edited March 2017
    Here's an older card, meant mainly for a r/u control deck:

And here are some newer ones, this contest just so happened to appear just as I was making a bunch of commanders:
    A crazed mage who sees the world through a psychotic haze, his past strategic mastery now warped.

An ogre possessed by an incredibly powerful oni that has finally escaped the prison in which he was sealed. (The oni is the actual "commander")

...And a good old goblin that just wants nothing more than to wreak havoc and ruin someones day.

I hope you like 'em!
  • edited March 2017

This is the first card I have made in a while, and this will be the first to be made with my Premium membership! Feel free and you are encouraged to leave suggestions as this will be much easier to edit the card. A few notes:

-This card was incredibly hard to make, and I still feel the balance is off.
    -I could not find the artist, so I would please like help with finding him/her.
    -I can agree the art wasn't the best...

This card was dedicated to my best friend, who is a girl, but unlike what for most people think, she is not my girlfriend. Just my best friend who coincidentally is of the opposite gender.
  • edited March 2017
    @Vyktur , only 3 cards were allowed...

@TrippleBoggey3 , eh... for one, it's actually not an unbalanced card at all and second, I don't get what's so strange about your best friend being of the opposite gender. I'd find it stranger if people would find that strange xD
  • edited March 2017
    @Credius, @Vyktur
    I'll increase the entry limit to have the following.

Each user can upload up to four cards in total. Up to one being old, whereas the rest must've been created on or after the 10th of March, 2017. (Updated on the main description as well!)
  • okay, thanks @modnation675 (that means I'll need to remove one in favor of the duo I made recently)
  • edited March 2017
    No problem, I'm not against increasing the amount of entries. I just wanted to start lower initially at least to prevent one person from having most the entries.

If there's ever any need for further exceptions, just post a comment here and I'll see what I can do.
  • edited March 2017
    You said we could create new archetypes, so here you go: Fish/Plant tribal :)
  • edited March 2017
    storm decks/spell spamming decks might like this.

decks like Rys the Redeemed and Trostani would probably like this.
  • @theimmortaldeath
    You may want to focus on a few Commanders rather than many. As I've also noticed, you have more than one Commander that is made prior to March 10th, 2017.

Here are the major rules of the competition.

"Each user can upload up to four cards in total. Up to one being old, whereas the rest must've been created on or after the 10th of March, 2017."

Please edit your comment to follow these guidelines.
  • edited March 2017

The traditional problem that Hellbent decks have is that vomiting out your whole hand is a pretty terrible idea in a format where card advantage is the name of the game. Moira lets you use symmetric discards like Delirium Skeins and Bottomless Pit to grind out card advantage, and then use Hellbent-style finishers like Quest for the Nihil Stone and Hollowborn Barghest to close out games.

There are two ways to play Samira. The first way is as a value engine that is hard to hit and generates an ever-growing army of tokens, and the correct way is as the unstoppable snek queen of a Weird Storm EDH deck. Mana Echoes/Gemstone Array is your friend here (or Earthcraft/Intruder Alarm), with Fires of Yavimaya to launch your sneks at the enemy as fast as possible. Use Trail of Evidence and Baral to churn through your deck, or just drop Mindmoil and cackle.
  • edited March 2017
    Deleted.
  • This card will count as my one "old" submission. Trying to make a custom set and she is one of the main villians. Also this is my favorite submisson of the 3. She begs for a deck to be built around her.

Here are the two new submissions for the contest. I think most people would like Nava more but personally I wish I could make a Kovajo and Vial Smasher partner commander deck.

imageimage
  • edited March 2017
    Deleted.

• edited March 2017
    1st entry.

• Aggro:
    Control (Boros control is DEFINITELY a thing [look it up]):
    I love this card, but no clue what archetype it would be. (so not an entry) Is chaos an archetype?
  • edited March 2017
    Group Hug Announcement:
    Make sure to check out the following contests/challenges. Especially the first two! (Gotta enjoy time-shifted cards.)

1) The Dimensions they are A-Changin': Timeshifted Contest [Latest]
    2) Anything Goes - Season 2 [Latest]
    3) Cursed Dice Roll: Typography (Set #2) [Latest]

...and if you can take on the challenge, give some love. I mean land destruction!
    4) Desecration (Season 1) [Latest]
  • edited March 2017
    Since 4 entries are allowed I figured I add one. Jigsaw is meant to be a sort of tool box commander. (Lol, he is actually holding tools.) I know there is supposed to be a theme around these commanders but I think the great thing about him is you could make him work as a commander for almost any themed deck. 5 color good stuff is a thing right? Anyways may not be exactly what the contest was about but I think it would be pretty fun.
  • edited March 2017
    imageimage

Here is a card just for flavor purposes:

• edited March 2017
    2nd Entry: Here is a Tribal commander for the Myr.

• edited March 2017

Bird Tribal! Azorius Pillow-Fort/Control. This list would be similar to the one Hoollet would love to pilot (Bird humor).
This discussion has been closed.