Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • (A) Rain Check for Prize 24 (to be awarded by @jpastor after completion of the challenge)
    • (A) A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card with mutate cost higher than its mana cost.
    • (B) No Prize
    • (B) A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare creature card with total power and toughness less than its mana value, without using 0 or *.
  • edited August 2023
    Mystery challenge: create a creature with 3 creature types and 3 abilities

EDIT: Why I always forget about taking another box?
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent that replaces itself with a functionally similar, but not identical, permanent when it's put into the graveyard from the battlefield.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/relentless-nightmare-1

Another box please.
  • The Deadline has arrived.

RAIN CHECKS

@smax765 your mystery box contains:
    • Rain Check - Drowsy Sphere ? Use this to counter a target. If there are no targets before your next box request, this fizzles. Briefly besets the enemy with an ailment that stunts their haste—a rather merciful cannonball, methinks.
    • Prize 46 - 

@atlanticbomber ;
    • Prize 6 - Buccaneer's Gem ? 1 Fave or Feedback on any card/cardsmith of your choice. Behold the gleam it holds!
    • Prize 1 - Scallywag Banner ?‍☠️ The Bear & Bird Flag  While hoisting this flag, why not blare a hearty shanty through yer speakin' trumpet, matey? Arrr!
     The Bear & Bird Flag  

Permanent Perk Unlocked: Once per deadline, you can hoist your flag to to alter a mystery challenge in one of the following ways: 
    1. Change the subtypes listed to "Bear or Bird"
    2. Force the card to be themed after a song. 
    (Once you hoist your flag, it will appear by your name in all tags the remainder of the deadline.)

@Jadefire prize 24 - 
    • Contraband Cargo ? You may submit an additional card you made for another discussion with your card for this box. Concealing the Hoard of Fruit!
  • Cap'n's Chronicle ? Box Draft - Choose a box that hasn't been chosen:

The Primeval Box contains:
    • Riggin' Cord ? Activates the Build-a-box Draft along with your next mystery box. Record your escapades in the Captain's Logbook and watch as your coffers swell with due payment from the Companies.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Insect Warrior/Spirit/Knight/Soldier/Ninja/Assassin creature card.
    The Jerk Box contains:
    • Pirate's Treasure ? A Gem. A gem of discovery, me heartie!
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Artifact that's a weapon and has a 5-colored activated ability.
    The Annihilator Box contains:
    • Grog Gobbler ? Target pirate's targets are random this deadline and their mystery challenges become stranger. Strikes with such force, even seasoned cardsmiths stagger, aye, wouldn't a pirate appreciate such merriment?
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Spider card with the Hour of Devastation set symbol.

MYSTERY BOXES

@TheDarkKnight1234567 your mystery box contains -or- partake in the draft above:
    • Cap'n Cadstar's Clue Holder ?️ Looks like it unlocks something, don't it? A Brown Key + A Sylph Key = Use these keys in combo or separately to request your boxes this deadline, and they'll contain specific things. Once used, the key is gone. 
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Human Assassin.
    @smax765 your mystery box contains -or- partake in the draft above:
    • Anchor's Weight ? Target pirate can't use their prizes until ye submit your next box. This cursed cannonball hoists or drops enemy anchors, putting a halt to pursuits in grand style.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a land card with the commander set symbol -or- partake in the draft by selecting a box from above.
    @cadstar369 you may choose to do your box -or- partake in the draft by selecting a box from above.
  • MILESTONES

@cadstar369 - Milestone 40 (Gem ?) and Milestone 580 (Gem ?)
    @Jadefire - Milestone 40 (Gem ?) and Milestone 750
    • A Gem ?
    • A Chance ❓
    • A Feature ?
    • A Sticker ?
    • A Playmat ?️
    • A Tribute ? - A YouTube video of the highlights of your collection and participation + A podcast video reviewing cards of your choice + 5 cards of your choice to be made into YouTube shorts with commentary.
  • edited August 2023
    Mystery Challenge: Create a card that would make a Flagbearer tribal deck closer to being a reality (using Changelings, if necessary).
    Camille Valiant Banneret

For the two gems, I'd like to request both faves & feedback on these cards:

One Mystery Box with two challenges please! :)
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Human Assassin.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/empress-marchesa-damati-3

I'm curious, so I'll use both the Brown Key and the Slyph Key in combo to request a mystery box.
  • edited August 2023
    Challenge: Create a common or uncommon creature card that creates a token that's significantly larger than itself when it enters the battlefield.

Hit me with another box please!
  • Final Bridge Specters
    • Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a scaling downside.
    @jpastor could I get another mystery box?
  • @Jadefire
    Your ❓ = ?

@cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 50 - ?❓?
    • ❓ = Prize of choice -or- 2 at random
    • (A) Prize 43 - Drowsy Sphere ? Use this to counter a target. Briefly besets the enemy with an ailment that stunts their haste—a rather merciful cannonball, methinks.
    • (A) Mystery Challenge: Create a Blue creature with Bestow. 
    • (B) Mystery Challenge: Create a one-word Instant spell that banishes a creature.
    @TheDarkKnight1234567 your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 20 - ?
    • Brown Key = An Undiscovered Prize in this box: Swashbuckler Steins ? Gift a box! Show your true colors with a tipple or three, proving ye ain't no stuffy landlubber.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Sylph Key gives you a mystery challenge for 3 cards - Create a transform card that creates an emblem or conjures a 3rd card.
    @Robo_Kitty your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 60 - ?
    • Prize 47 - Pirate's Plunder ? 4 favorites/feedback in any combination, distributed as you choose among any cards/smiths. Catch the shimmer in this, me heartie!
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Pot o' Gold, me Heartie!
    @SpellPiper2213 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 21 - Jig Juggler ? Target pirate must submit an additional 2 cards for their mystery challenge. A cannonball that compels adversaries to dance, a hit at both soirées and sea skirmishes alike.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Enchantment with a Nightmare in the artwork.
  • edited August 2023
    Prompt: "Create a Phyrexian Viashino creature like in March of the Machine Common March of the Marchine."

Welp, there is only one "Phyrexian Viashino" in magic, so I decided make an upgraded design of that card. Now he's reveling in his glory, lol

Another box @jpastor!!!
  • I am going to choose the Annihilator box. So here is my challenge:
    Create a spider with the hour of devastation symbol.

I use Grog gobbler against... Me! I want a strange challenge!

Another box, please!
  • @jpastor
    Another box please.
  • edited August 2023
    @ManInMaroon_948 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 2 – Ghostly Sphere ☠️ Loot 3 entries. A vengeful apparition that pummels ships, leaving gaping voids in its wake.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that cares about counters being placed on permanent(s) you don't control.
    @TheDarkKnight1234567 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 16 – Fatigue Spheroid ? Target pirate in this post can't submit their entry until ye get your next box. A cursed cannonball that sends your foes into slumber, granting ye a chance to thieve unimpeded.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent card that has a downside when it enters and when it dies.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that uses the original text for three or more abilities that have since become keywords (instead of using the keywords). ?
    @kaoz42 your mystery box contains:
    • Rain Check for Prize 34 (to be awarded by @jpastor later)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that cares about being equipped and has the name of an existing equipment card in its name.
    @12SidedGuy your gift mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card that sacrifices other creatures during combat.
    @TheKeefMan your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 32 – Spectral Sphere ☠️ Loot 2 entries. A fiery entity that engulfs adversaries in searing flames.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that has an effect when it becomes tapped, but does not have an ability with {t} or {q} in it (the tap symbol or untap symbol, respectively).

• Mystery Challenge: Make a Myr.

Sorry I'm a little late, was a little pre-occupied with my other cards and my custom story challenge, but I didn't forget!

Another box please!
  • edited August 2023
    @TheKeefMan no worries! Added you to the batch above. :)
  • I'm sorry, but I'm going to target @ManInMaroon_948 with my fatigue spheroid.
  • All good buddy. As long as you don’t quit making cards, I’ll live another day
  • edited August 2023
    Challenge: Create a card with 3 abilities that are keyword but they weren't. Use the old text.

I chose defender, mill and exile.

EDIT: I forgot (another time) to ask for another box.
  • Challenge: Create a Pot o’ Gold.

• I'm on vacation. I'll be back, probably. 
  • Can i get a mystery box plz
  • edited August 2023
    • Rain Check for Prize 8 (to be awarded by @jpastor later)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that buffs your opponent's creatures.
    @Robo_Kitty your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 9 – Skeletal Edicts ? You get an extra challenge. Complete both challenges before your next box. For the servitude of all souls.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that uses javelin counters.
    • Extra Challenge: Create a card that adds mana when you attack, but does not allow you to keep that mana for future steps and phases.
    @bloodtooth101 welcome! Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 9 – Skeletal Edicts ? You get an extra challenge. Complete both challenges before your next box. For the servitude of all souls.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that puts specific card(s) from your library into your graveyard.
    • Extra Challenge: Create a creature card with prowess and another triggered ability.
    @TheKeefMan your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that cares about Deserts.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that has an effect when it becomes tapped, but does not have an ability with a tap or untap symbol in its cost.

Another box my good sir
  • @TheKeefMan added you to the batch above.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a card that cares about Deserts.

Just like my friend here, I also care about deserts. #desertlivesmattertoomtg

• edited August 2023
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that puts specific card(s) from your library into your graveyard.
    • Extra Challenge: Create a creature card with prowess and another triggered ability.
This discussion has been closed.