Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited August 2023
    @KorandAngels thanks for the review, and the reason for the low cost is just because I'm experimenting with cheap cards seeing how far I can push the bounds of balanced, powerful, and early game shaking. As for Quirrel, I think I saw him when you first made him, and I thought he was really cool. A great use of landfall, one of my favorite abilities, and a transitioning triggered ability which I find super unique. As for the mana cost, i personally wouldn't see it absurd to make it a 2ww and still have it be balanced, it is a legendary creature after all. Overall a really clean and a fresh card, which I love to see. Keep up the great work my fellow cardsmith!
  • @ShadowReign Elenise totally makes sense now that you've pointed out Briarbridge Patrol. Nice riff on that card. Given that Briarbridge Patrol is a 3/3 monocolor nonlegendary uncommon with the same mana value, do you think there's room to beef up Elenise or lower its cost/rarity?
  • @Jadefire I could definitely make her a 3/3. I don't wanna make her cost less, because while she's multicolor and legendary, she can also create more Clues than Briarbridge Patrol. As for her being mythic; she's meant to helm a custom commander precon.
  • LvBLvB
    edited August 2023
    Quirrel at first doesnt look that strong. BUT in the right deck, especially in commander i imagine he can become very strong very fast. But since Commander isnt really balanced, i guess thats ok.

Heres my newest creation. Probably too powerful, but Kobolds are kinda cool. Not as cool as snails, but still ...

• @LvB
    Okay. That's adorable art, now back to card itself.

First ability which is
    "For each Generated Kobolds you played this turn, the casting of Generated Koblods is increased by {r}."

I would prefer this for better understanding;
    "Generated Kobolds spell costs {r} more to cast for each time you played another Generated Kobolds this turn."

If you want it to be only your spell, not all players;
    "Generated Kobolds spell you control costs {r} more to cast for each time you played another Generated Kobolds this turn."

As for second ability, there is somewhat wording issue. Might be just me;
    "Your deck can have any number Generated Kobolds."

Finally third ability which I found to be somewhat powerful... Yet it can be balanced based on its rarity. I would go for rare, because of how unique is it compared with other such as that dwarf. Rarity can limit the number in deck, hence, it is balanced.

I would like a feedback on this

• LvBLvB
    edited September 2023
    @FireOfGolden nice card.
    If you cant win with it, use the X ability and if you can win use the XX. Being a sorcery makes it kinda balanced.

That card is a total piece of *crud for reasons so obvious i wont mention them.
  • edited August 2023
    @FireOfGolden this card looks rather well made, but I have two main concerns with it. The first is that turning mana into bodies at a 1:1 ratio is pretty nuts for many strategies, and there's usually colored mana tacked on to spells with similar effects (examples). The second is that getting haste seems pretty underwhelming for paying the Stain cost. For example, if I pay 7 mana into the Stain cost, I get 3 1/1's with haste. For the same amount of mana, Gelatinous Genesis makes 3 3/3 Oozes, Dark Salvation makes 3 2/2 zombies and kills a creature, etc. Perhaps giving the figure tokens menace as well could help push through that last bit of damage to finish off an opponent, while also giving them some more relevance beyond the turn they're created.

On a separate note, I'd like to direct you to this tutorial for cleanly centering card text.

~~~

@Colby814225 looking at May, it is apparent that you either did not read my Discord message regarding Mask of Mystery, or you refuse to attempt to internalize what I've tried to convey. Regardless, I suggest you take a look at existing planeswalkers, consider the differences between them and May, and try to understand why LvB instantly dismissed your creation.

P.S. – You are meant to give feedback on previous cards before posting your own in this thread. Please remember to do so going forward.

~~~

I'd appreciate feedback on this card:
    Tranquil Acceptance
  • edited September 2023
    @cadstar369 I like it! Though I'm not sure about the "If it wasn't countered" stipulation. Counterspells can be an infuriating aspect of the game, and having this card gain you life afterwards as if to say "I accept this and will move on" feels like a flavor win. Feels fun and balanced all around. great card!

Here's mine:
    Hypnagogatog
    I initially made this card with only the first ability in mind, but when trying to figure out a name/type/overall flavor for it I stumbled across the word Hypnogogia, the state between wakefulness and sleep during which it's common to experience visual, audio, or other types of hallucinations. When I found it I knew I had to make an atog.

I'm not entirely happy with this atog's eating ability, and even if I was I'm worried I may have stretched this concept a bit thin. any thoughts?
  • @Globert-the-Martian
    That first ability alone can affect greatly the battlefield. Let's say if I have six creature 1/1 tokens then I cast Hypnagogatog. Now I have seven Hypnagpgatog 3/2, six of them are tokens. That is only for four mana - And it's all only blue.

I beileve blue has ability to mess with other abilities, even cause it to be removed. While green edits the ability and usually enhances it. In term, blue does only negative edit and green does ohly positive edit. If you combine together, then you get netural effect now that may be in your favor or not.

Hence, I think Hypnagogatog should be part of green to keep it color friendly. Which is {2}{g}{b}. I don't see why it should be increased, because opponent also get it as well. It may be their benefit or curse.

Now for spell. I beileve that people have to pay for spell's mana value before exiling it. Otherwise, it's not spell. Am I wrong?

Overall, your card is very good but there's only issue with color. It would be color friendly, if you combine blue with green rather just blue.

I would like a feedback on this;

• @FireOfGolden I already left my only criticism on that card in the comments. I still think my wording would be better, but there is inherently nothing wrong with the card in any way. It's a very functional removal spell, and it is very accurate to the event in Deltarune upon which it is based. 
    Next up: 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/menileus-and-menula 
    (I used the archaic card frame on purpose)
  • @KorandAngels
    I can't say much about Menilenus and Menula, so I will have go with what do I think. If I am wrong, you can call it out and explain it to me why am I wrong. I would like to train to be better judge.

Unless I am mistaken, usually white doesn't put card onto the graveyard because the condition haven't met. However, searching for an enchantment does fall in white's special.

Yet, legendary creature itself is white, red, green. Hence, I don't see why the ability cost should be changed according to color since it requires Menilenus and Menula to be tapped in order to activate the ability.

I beileve there is a wording issue. I think I would prefer "Shuffle library afterwards." Better than "Shuffle." Again, it's only my opinion.

I would say it's classic MTG with good flavor text.

Feedback for this;

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/confused-by-whisper

For some reasons, I can center first line with spaces, but once I pressed enter, these spaces no longer work. Is it something mobile users can't access to?
  • @FireOfGolden

Typically, these sort of enchant creature effects that tap down a creature and don't let it untap are about 3 mana, but they don't remove abilities, so costing 4 seems reasonable.  Typically this sort of effect taps the creature when it comes into play, as well, otherwise your creature can stay active as a blocker for forever if it wants, or get in one last attack.  It does seem to be more flavorful in this case to have it out of commission all together, in my opinion.

I also feel like the grammar in the flavor text is a little mangled, like you changed your mind a couple times along the way about what you really wanted to say, and as you adjusted, different parts of each draft got left behind.  I'd recommend "I...I'm not sure any more...I knew what I must do, but this voice...it's telling me it's an immoral thing to do...?  Is it truly my voice?"

Otherwise, a great card.  The ability removal could be enough to make it a fairly sought after card if it were ever printed.  Certainly enough for it to warrant an uncommon rarity.  I think it's pretty cool.

Here's a card I wanted to get some feedback on.  Is it as problematic as Panglacial Wurm?

Reevaluate
  • @FireOfGolden Confused by Whisper could reasonably have its cost reduced to {u}{u}. Blue auras that prevent creatures from untapping without also tapping them down tend to cost a single mana, and blue auras that strip abilities tend to have flash and/or additional negative effects on the creature (such as reducing its power and/or toughness), even at two mana.

P. S. – See Step 5 of the tutorial I linked you to last time to answer your question.

~~~

@StuffnSuch Panglacial Wurm isn't exactly problematic, it's a big dumb 7-drop that might make a late game ramp spell relevant and probably never wants to be drawn, whereas instant speed scry 2 for at most {u} has a much lower opportunity cost to put into a deck. We also just got a whole bunch of scry matters cards in the LotR elves and such that this slots right in with, and there's plenty of decks that wouldn't mind another cheap spell that helps you dig through your deck, even if it isn't a cantrip. It's probably not particularly problematic as is, but perhaps consider letting the player just cast it instead of making it a freebie.

~~~

I'd appreciate feedback on this card:
    Wu Yin the Silent Resonance
  • @cadstar369 Despite the fact that he blatantly doesn't affect counterspells, Wu Yin feels like he would still tend to do the same thing, that is, prevent other players from doing stuff. Considering how relatively niche the trigger for that ability would probably be, the ability is probably not powerful enough. I would still say that you could make it more powerful even if he automatically played the card instead of just drawing it. Nevertheless, despite everything, I am genuinely interested in this card and would quite like to see how people would make it work, even if I wouldn't actually enjoy playing it or playing against it. 
    Next up: 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/spamurai-knight-of-currency
  • Oh no. It's the ninja puppet.
  • LvBLvB
    edited September 2023
    I first had no idea how anyone could beat the Spamurai. But, then with the right mindset i found the solution. And so you can too! For only 1 mana and two life you can now turn the Spamurai into the cutest big bellied black imp you have ever seen!
    Caster is not responsible for damage, havoc or other kind of trouble caused by the imp, the anger and hate of summoned demon lords affected by this spell, or fingers or body parts bitten of by the imp.

• How's this?

• Its an Ooze, so +1
    Picture is from World of Warcraft, so -1

Loyalty and Mana cost is good. So +1
    +1 Ability and +3 Ability is balanced, so +2
    The -6 ability can instantly end the game, depending on the situation. In a green Deck you can play this Planeswalker most of the time in turn 3, so if you can use its -6 on turn 5 , its gg most of the time. -2

But overall a good Planeswalker. And if you rework its -6 ability its a very good and balanced one ;)
  • @kaoz42 I agree with @LvB on the rating, the only problem is the -6. What about making a 4/4 ooze with trample that when it dies creates the token created with the -3 ability? That would be fine for a the -6.

@LvB The card is fine, making a black counterspell and giving an opponent a buff is balanced. The imp should be a 1/1, in my opinion. Other 1-mana counterspells give a greater buff (eg swan’s song), but overall is a good card.
  • edited September 2023
    Revised version:

@LvB
    I think it should be a common, but otherwise good.
  • @kaoz42
    I think you can get away by this;
    +1) Create a 1/1 green Ooze token.
    -3) Create a 2/2 green Ooze token with "When this creature dies, create two 1/1 green Ooze token."
    -6) Create a 4/4 green Ooze token with "When this creature dies, two 2/2 green Ooze token with 'When this creature dies, create a 1/1 green Ooze token.'"

These allows you to build Ooze army slowly, and I don't think Trample is needed since these Ooze would just keep divide into smaller and weaker until they couldn't anymore. More Oozes, the better.

I would like a feedback on Him

Does second ability made it too powerful or there's a wording issue in that?
  • @FireOfGolden It took me a very long time to find Gaster's face in that image, maybe you should change the crop so that it's fully in there instead of just the mouth? Also you forgot an "of" in his power and toughness specification ability. Apart from those two things, I like His primary ability, and it is probably more or less balanced. It also is very suitable to His (alleged, ostensible and unconfirmed) flavour. 
  • @KorandAngels
    I cropped through his face to only mouth on purpose, just to make it more mysterious.

If you like, I can provide you a full art with an artist credit. Don't worry, it comes with a full face. ?
  • I have been trying lots of possibilities, and here is the final card! Since my first Agnor, I have been trying a really balanced Agnor:

The haste ability has appeared lots of times in black. The token mass-producing was inspired in Rabble rousing. As that card has mana value of 5, I thought that paying {1} each time would be a form to balance it. The "X is 10 or more" is a normal effect, like in Rabble rousing or in other cards like Lathril.
  • edited September 2023
    I have only now realized I forgot to post a card when I last asked, that's a mistake. Now I have to give feedback to Agnor too. I think the effect is, technically, balanced, but it is still overall too powerful on a 3 mana creature (especially with haste.). I think the spirit tokens should be created tapped and attacking, unless you intended for them to not be. If I was designing the card, I would make his trigger cost {x}, so it's harder to activate the more powerful the effect is. However, Agnor is nevertheless well-designed, and although I don't think you've gotten the balance perfect just yet, it is still a good card. 
    I'm going to keep up the entirely accidental Undertale theme with 
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/train-under-the-dancer
    Not the most interesting card but I want to see. 
    (Yes, the power/toughness increases <i>are</i> the right way around.)
  • @KorandAngels
    Uncommon and common cards are meant to be boring, but simple. Only the best to make it better; by frosting the ca--- Oh I meant adding flavor text to card.

However there are some wording issue;
    Enchanted creature
    You typed "Enchanted Creature." To make grammar policemen happy, please lower "C". Also, add "." at end of the sentence.

Whenever enchanted creature blocks...
    You added extra "C" by accident. That's it.

It seems when creature attacks, its toughness is increased. When it blocks, power is increased. How red typical.

I think you can reduce the mana cost to three mana value and get away with it.

I would like a feedback on the fishwoman;

• This really is a lot of Undertale at once. 
  • @KorandAngels
    Undertale and Deltarune may be old, but they got really good story and I would say they are better than most video game out there. That is just my opinion anyway. (Skyrim and Undertale/Deltatune are good equally. ?)

I just got inspired to start create some these cards, plus, there are good artists who made good art. I thought I would use these for MTG.

Waiting for feedback on these;

• edited September 2023
    Undyne is a very useful card, but there are some issues. The first one is the noncreature spell effect. It is very powerful. I know that your opponents can pay mana, but I will decrease the cost to {1}. That way the card will be more similar to other cards like Elesh Norn. I will also increase the rarity to mythic. The second face is for me OK. I would like feedback on this cards:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/initiates-spellpierce

• @smax765
    Initiate's Spellpierce is simple and good. The only issue here is rarity itself. A blue called Spell Pierce which costs for one mana. It will counter a noncreature spell and its controller must pay two to keep it. That way is similar as Initiate's Spellpierce, so what's difference? Rarity. Spell Pierce is common, while Initiate's Spellpierce isn't. Hence, balance is threw off.

I would make it commoner or add another ability, if you want to keep it uncommon. (Or make that first ability a little more unqiue to be uncommon worthy.)

I would love a feedback on this;