Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• @Tommia I'm gonna start in the Plateau since it's in my colors.
  • edited April 2020
    Happy April Fools' Everyone!

Queue:
    - Bowler218 will finally breath fresh air again!
    - Interaction Summary (EpicBoss99 and TezzeretofCarmot21)
    - EnvyReaper + KorandAngels
    - Advancing The Invasion of The Beyond
    - Advancing The Summoning of Khantsievth
  • Ha! Love it!
  • @Bowler218 Please read the PM I sent you before reading/responding to this post...

You finally make it to the door, and the singing coming from the other side is deafening. The blood comes from under it like rain down a gutter. You're afraid to see what's behind the door, but it's the only way out.

"That's... a really big door..." Levin reminds you. 'Think you're tough enough to push it open?"

Do you have a choice? Even if that door weighed as much as the world, you didn't come this far for nothing. You press against the door, and realize, despite its weight, it can just barely be moved, but something is blocking it from the other side. You will whatever power got you this far to give you one last bit of assistance, and with a blast of fire, the door swings open, and the singing stops.

You are blinded by the light of the moon as the door opens. Cold rain pours down as you look at your surroundings. A fortress stands in the distance, with what appears to be a castle looming on a farflung clifftop. Lightning strikes. Hundreds of onlookers are in silence, confused. All of them are dressed in purple cloaks, bleeding from their hands, and all of them are holding bloody ritual knives. The leader of the group is silent, almost disappointed.

"Is... is this it?" The leader finally speaks. "Is this what you have to offer, Hilfmir? Are these the demons that will lead our family into prosperity? Who will lead our rule of pain, blood, and terror?"

You look before you. Each and one of these cultists is a vampire. You quickly start to realize that there's only one place you could possibly be; Reighart. Levin finally decides to break the silence, approaching the leader.

"Oh, my dear, sweet child," Levin mocks, using magic to amplify her voice and make it seem more sinister. "Do you not know potential when you see it?"
    "Excuse me-"
    "Do you not know who I am?!"
    "N-no. The prophecy showed a grand Empire of Darkness-"
    "Let me teach you a lesson. To think, you'd go this far to summon us and don't even know your demonology!"

The leader gulps and remains silent.

"I... am a succubus, am I not?"
    "Y-yes-"
    "And you, being a vampire, should know what happens when a succubus kisses someone she... truly loves, do you not?"
    "I- I don't know why I ever questioned you, madame." The leader kneels down, and the others follow suit. "All hail our King and Queen!"
    "All hail!" The cultists bellow out.

"My, my..." Levin whispers as she walks back to you. "I didn't know we had such a following-"
    "We're at your mercy," the leader yells out. "Tell us your names, and we'll do whatever you ask of us! We will follow you to the end of the world, and heed your every will!"

Levin smiles. "So, Vryx... I wonder if we could make something out of this. Maybe just play along..."

These cultists seem desperate. What will you do? Their numbers mean you'd practically gain the following of an army, but there could be consequences if they were to find out the truth...
  • Screw it, I'll lead this group. If anything goes wrong and they fight us, they'll see what it's like to go up against me.
  • @Bowler218 Alright then. What will you be doing first? Are you going to look for Verth, meet back up with Nohel and Uvras, work on dealing with the visions, or doing something else?
  • edited April 2020
    I'll go get Nohel and Uvras, Levin should stay here with the group. If what he said is happening, I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Basically, play this out until I can make an excuse to leave, then leave to go find the two Vryx knows is here on stitia.
  • @Tommia I'm kinda curious about that tree now. Something that big don't disappear overnigh
  • @EpicBoss99 The guard gives you a stare for a moment.

"My... you're the first person to ask. The Great Monk isn't here right now, but I'm sure he'd be willing to accept another member of the Conclave. Now... listen carefully. As a member of the Rootforged, our devotion is not to any higher power. Our devotion is to life in all forms. If you would follow me inside, I would be willing to have you take our oath, then show us a simple display of your allegiance. But first, what is your name?"

You tell the guard your name, then you follow them into the familiar chamber, towards the empty throne.

"Now... kneel in front of the throne, and repeat after me."

The guard draws his sword and points it towards you, but you can tell that he isn't threatening you. It's merely a formality.

"As a guardian of the Rootforged, a bearer of life, I, Verth Odbar, solemnly swear from the roots of my soul..."
    "As a guardian of the Rootforged, a bearer of life, I, Verth Odbar solemnly swear from the roots of my soul..."
    "Where life has been taken, and where it dwindles, I will help it prosper."
    "Where life has been taken, and where it dwindles, I will help it prosper."
    "I will give wholeheartedly to the community. and help nature grow."
    "I will give wholeheartedly to the community. and help nature grow."
    "Where life would be threatened, I will stand against those who oppose it."
    "Where life would be threatened, I will stand against those who oppose it."
    "I will protect the community and nature at any cost."
    "I will protect the community and nature at any cost."
    "Where others falter, I will stand my ground, like a tree against the breeze."
    "Where others falter, I will stand my ground, like a tree against the breeze."
    "I will set an example not just for the Rootforged, but for the world."
    "I will set an example not just for the Rootforged, but for the world."
    "I vow only to use the power of the Rootforged for the greater good."
    "I vow only to use the power of the Rootforged for the greater good."
    "I will never use this power for my own gain, and I will only use it to carry out my duty in Fostering and Protecting Life."
    "I will never use this power for my own gain, and I will only use it to carry out my duty in Fostering and Protecting Life."

As the last words of the vow leave your mouth, you feel at peace as an aura of life washes over you, emitted from the sword of the guard. He sheathes his sword.

"Rise, brother."

As you stand up, you look up, and see an emblem on the wall that looks similar to the tree you're standing in, and it's glowing.

"Now, I have for you a task. If you can complete it, you'll be an official member of the Rootforged. Using our power, create something that embodies our purpose, and tell me how it does so."

The card you make must fit within the Rootforged's color identity, but you will not take damage from using one of its colors. (WBRG)
  • Queue:
    - Tahmuras
  • @Tommia

As the guard mentioned the creation of something, Verth wished he had Uvras to give him advice. He was the one who created all kinds of fantastic artifacts, after all. But Verth thought it fitting that an organization called the Rootforged would forge things, and so with the guard's test, Verth thought of what would help him to accomplish not only the Rootforged's goals but also the defeat of Timothy. He was no expert at artifice, but that was what this test was about: putting faith in the forces of good and materializing it. Using the new pool of green mana that was given to him by the Rootforged guard, Verth held out his hand. From his hand materialized a cloak made of the greenest leaves of Stitia's forests. It shimmered with magical power as the light reflected off of the cloak's green and brown leaves.

"I have seen threats to growth and prosperity all over Stitia," Verth explained, flipping the cloak around and draping it over his shoulders. "The cloak I make before you will represent the resistance to that threat: the pieces of nature that follow us wherever we go. It represents the leaves that are blown by the wind on a cold autumn night, the same way that life and happiness will travel far on the winds of Stitia."

• Queue:
    - Tahmuras
    - EpicBoss99
  • ooooh I'm curious bout this, seems quite complex
    dunno what to do exactly after I make a character tho haha
  • @Xero0 After you start, you'll basically be carried through a story with everyone else. How you start depends on your backstory and starting location, but it's basically you responding to prompts XD
  • Is it possible to join this challenge, or am I a thousand comments too late?
  • Alright, sorry for not responding sooner, but it's time to actually submit a card and some story.

Vin was stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one hand were his friends, who helped him and gave him a place to stay in the trying times of the plague. On the other hand were the patrolmen, who were telling him that those friends were actually murderers! And he had just seen one of them kill a patrolman right there. However, Vin wasn't sure he could help either side even if he wanted to. Although the amulet allowed him to control when to transform, it couldn't help him control his transformed form. And with this strange moon causing his werewolf side to be completely uncontrolable, he found it extremely likely that he would end up also hurting those he wanted to help, whoever they ended up being. And there was no chance that he could take the patrolmen or Kregg and Durst in a fight without transforming. He'd created a few weapons, but that had never really been his specialty, especially once he had a fierce werewolf form he could transform into at will. 

But then Vin remembered something. Before becoming a werewolf, he had created a smoke bomb, simply meant to help him get out of sticky situations. Luckily, he had held on to it since then just in case a situation arose where his werewolf form wouldn't get the job done. And he couldn't think of a better situation to use it in than this. He reached into a pocket in his bag, pulled it out, pulled the pin, and threw it on the ground. Smoke began pouring out of the small orb, and Vin covered his mouth. The smoke wasn't poisonous, but coughing could give away his location. He heard shots being fired, and ran as fast as he could around the patrolmen and out the door, hoping to get as far away as he could before anyone gave chase. 

• edited April 2020
    Y'know what? I can't get to sleep, and I'm falling behind on this. Time to prove I really am a lunatic, and try not to get caught on this thing.

Update: Now I'm sleepy XD

Queue
    - Bowler218
    - Tahmuras
    - EpicBoss99
    - Aggroman15
  • @pjbear2005 We're still open! However, we won't be for long, so now's probably the best time to join.
  • Because of Cabin Fever and the lack of sleep from it I am hallucinating static images as moving.

Now that I think of it, is that actually a bad thing?
  • @EnvyReaper @KorandAngels

Lilith approaches the guard, and waves her hand, making sure the guard sees her royal crest.

"I can assure you, fair soldier, that you don't get paid enough to obstruct us."
    "Royalty, eh?" The guard ponders. "You should run home, little princess. Your robe could get ruined."
    "I think her robe should be the least of your concerns," Danny interjects as he tries to attack the guard, but to no avail. His sword shatters against their shield, and they push him back, nearly causing him to fall back down the ladder. Thankfully, Lim grabs him before he can get too close to the edge. "Thanks. Now get your hands off of me."
    "No problem."
    "No problem?" Danny retorts. "My sword just broke! Unless you've got one I can borrow there's a big problem."
    "Here! Take one of mine!" Lilith says as she onsheathes one of her swords to give to him. He takes it, but gives it a weird look.
    "Huh. Maybe you guys aren't so bad after all."

While Lilith and Danny attempt to beat the guard back, you two discuss what you'll do. Despite Lilith and Danny's efforts, there's no way they'll ever leave more than dents in the armor, and they're taking hits from the guard. You decide that Ishka will attempt to distract him with a defensive barrier while Draundr flanks to pick him off.

No one seems to notice as Draundr goes back down the ladder to go to another rooftop. He may not be known for his archery skills, but he was going to display them.

Ishka urges everyone behind her as she begins to draw a symbol in the air. Without warning, the dark smoke in the sky begins to break away above her, and a gust of wind pushes the guard back just a little.

"Stay back... I'm warning you..."
    "Go ahead!" Yells the gaurd. "Kill me if you must! It's too late to stop us!"
    "You can bet it ain't!" Danny yells as he goes for the throat, but his borrowed sword strikes the shoulderplate of the guard's armor. Suddenly, Danny is knocked off his feet by the guard's armor.
    "You know," Lim begins. "You rely a little too much on that armor, don't you?"
    "What do you- hey!" The guard yells out as vines run up his armor. "What do you think you're doing?!"
    "You could of dropped your weapons, but you didn't. Allow me to remove them for you."

The spell quickly breaks down the shining armor into rust. The diversion gives Ishka enough time to complete her barrier, a glowing vortex of energy that seems to be coming from nowhere. As the guard attempts to perform a full-force sweep with his blade, it glides across... nothing?

"What the hell?!"

The guard attacks again, but the barrier sends his blade away, like disarming hands pushing his sword away. The vines reach it, and the guard is shocked as the tang breaks away from the hilt. With his armor crumbling away, Lilith, Danny, Schoren, and Lim all rush the guard, finally leaving a mark.

"Why do you care so much... about the things you can't change?" The guard grunts out. "It was foretold in the Stargazium. The end starts now, and there's nothing you can do to stop it! Even if I die here, it won't matter. All you will have done is taken another life with your selfishly foolish ideals, and expedited the inevitable... because in the end, we all die for him. We all meet our end, but it's for the better, because in our next life, we will be born better suited to serve him. In our suffering, we'll find a perfect world, even if we have to kill everyone on this damned-"

Suddenly, a shadowy arrow wisps through the air and strikes the guard in the chest. He cries out in pain as he begins to grow weak, collapsing to the ground. The rest of the group looks to see Draundr on a nearby rooftop, holding in his hand an ivory bow strung with shadowy flame, the same flame that comes from him, and the same flame that is burning away at the guard's life. Just as the armor gave way, so does the guard, growing ashen as his skin turns brittle, fading to dust from life-stealing magic...

[To be continued...]
  • @EnvyReaper @KorandAngels Draundr leaps from the rooftop and land nearby. The barrier dissipates due to the dark shroud above, the vortex being swallowed by the return of black smoke. The dust left behind by the guard's demise quickly runs off due to the rain, as does the rust from his armor breaking away. All that remains from the fight are pieces of Danny's broken sword and a pile of tangled-up vines.

"*cough cough* Finally..." Lilith pants. "A worthy... ngh... opponent..." Lilith holds her head as she falls on one knee.
    "Are you okay?" Schoren asks as he goes to check on her.
    "Yeah... just a little... tired."

Schoren takes a moment to look at Lilith's wound, and it appears to be swelling a little.

"...I don't think you're okay, Lilith. Let me feel your head."

Lilith moves her hand, and Schoren feels Lilith's forehead. He gasps.

"...we need to give Lilith proper medical attention. She has a fever."
    "We can worry about that in a few," Danny huffs. "Right now we need to stop this ritual."
    "Trust me," Lilith grunts as she stands up, using her sword to support her. "I'll... be fine."
    "Schoren," Lim begins concerningly. "How long has it been since Lilith got bitten?"
    "We stopped for a moment along the way to rest. I'd say... 16 hours."
    "...s**t..."
    "I know exactly what you're thinking, Lim. I hope you're not right, but... the possibility exists tha-"
    "Look," Danny cuts back in. "Khantsievth ain't gonna stop himself. If you want to put her first, suit yourself. But it's one life versus many, and I personally vote that we stop this ritually." Danny begins to walk away. "You can come with me if you want, or leave me, whatever. But I'm going on, with or without you four."

Lilith appears to be sick, but wants to continue on. What will you do?
  •  I'm going to join, if that's ok.

Arthur is a famous wandering merchant who is known for having the most intriguing and powerful artifacts. He was abandoned at a young age and was left to fend for himself, collecting trinkets from the Changing Arcanum just before it vanished, then selling them to find food. When he was a teen he was exploring some caves in the Racrion when he found the biggest treasure pile he had ever seen.

After that find he managed to sell everything and start making a name for himself among the communities. Later on he became a great merchant who would trek great length's to find the rarest armor and weapons, sometimes finding them in abandoned buildings, sometimes taking them from villian's in a robin-hood fashion. Later on he recieved a gift from one of his fathers friends, who said that his family had just died.

Even though he did not really know his family, he kept it with him, despite the fact it breathes fire and would occasionally tell him to kill someone.

He technically lives in the Changing Arcanum, he moves around all the time with his goods to sell.
  • edited April 2020
    I believe this card speaks for itself...
    (I know this card isn't very good, but it'll get an aftermath once I get to a good time.
  • edited April 2020
    @Bowler218

"So you're leaving me alone?" Levin asks, trying to tempt you into staying.
    "Look. We've got important business to tend to," Arlin digresses as she emerges from Thylinder.
    "Yeah. If we don't stop that Khantsievth, we won't have to worry about... our rule of terror," you utter, trying to sound dastardly. As much as you are against their agenda, you can't help but wonder...
    "The Great Archdemon betrayed us!" The leader cries out. "We bled and bled, and yet he gave us nothing! Nothing!"
    "We'll show him a thing or three about how to treat servants," Levin begins. "But first, I must ask. What... 'amenities' do you have prepared for us... darling?"
    "Anything you ask, we will gladly answer!"
    "Well... where is our throne?"
    "We will lead you to your throne, masters, but please... what are your names?"
    "You may call me Levin... and your handsome groom is none other than Vryx..."
    "Very well. I must say... you seem rather tame-"
    "Must I introduce you to my assistants then?!" Levin booms, holding that gemstone in her hand again.
    "AHH! Okay! The throne! F-follow me, masters..."
    "Vryx will have to leave," Arlin says, playing along. "He has incredibly urgent matters to attend to."
    "And you are?"
    "His... assistant, per see."
    "Very well, master Vryx. You must be a very busy demon..."
    "Very," Arlin confirms. "He has no time to waste on frills..."

You proceed to leave with Arlin, but Levin stops you to tell you something.

"Well played, you two. We have this cult on a string! I'll make sure they know the extent of our power and influence. I'll ensure they believe us to be... whatever they were waiting for."

As you land by the cathedral from earlier, Nohel and Uvras are gone. All that remains is a trail of blood. You follow it through Delvad, and the route is quite familiar, leading to Uvras's hut. Nohel is there, still recovering from his injuries, but Uvras has recuperated.

"Vryx!" Nohel cries out. His eyes light up. "I thought you were gone forever... please tell me you're okay."

You reassure him that you're fine.

"I can't believe you're still in one piece," Uvras exclaims as he comes out of the hut, "after what Nohel told me and Verth..."

Him and Verth? Does that mean Verth made it back?

"Verth is in Woewedt at the moment," Nohel responds. "I read his mind. It turns out he became a planeswalker."

It's good to know that Verth has returned. However, before you do anything else, you decide you should probably bring Nohel and Uvras up to speed on everything, and bring them with you back to Reighart...

"So... they mistook you and... a succubus for a demon they were summoning?" Nohel questions along the way. "This world really has gone insane. I never knew the vampires were getting this desperate."

As you fly towards the island, you notice Levin is walking up a cliff, towards the castle that lies atop it. She is being protected by 8 knights,

"Master Vryx has returned!" You hear a vampire yell from below.
    "Oh! And it looks like he has-" Levin pauses after noticing Nohel. "...company."
    "Is something the matter, Master Levin?" One of knights question.
    "Is that... Nohel?"
    "I can promise all of you that I have no intentions of harming any of you," Nohel's voice echoes out. "Your... master has assured me that you are his allies."
    "What in the-" One of the knights are speechless.
    "Nohel... is... following him?" Every vampire in sight is awestruck.
    "Are you convinced now, little ones?" Levin testifies. "Even gods bow down to us."
    Nohel is in silence, but decides to play along, talking to you telepathically. "You two had better not make me regret this."  Then, he looks down upon the vampires. "What this woman says is true."

The vampires are awestruck. As Nohel lands, still battered from the battle earlier, the vampires buy the outlandish story. Nohel looks down at the ground, acting as though he were a prisoner, and you walk with Levin towards the castle, the guards spreading out to protect you and Levin, with two in the back watching Nohel.

You follow Levin into an elaborate castle, guarded by what must by hundreds of vampiric guards. The decor is quite extensive, and you have to wonder how anyone managed to afford any of this. A vampire leads you into an immense dining room with a table that must be about 100 feet long, but there are very few chairs; primarily, there is one at the far end of the table, ornately crafted out of wood, decorated with gold and gems, and draped with velvety linings. An identical one lies on the other side; however, this one looks brand new, and the style of its decorations is more feminine.

As you are led up and up the castle stairs, the sights slowly become jaded. Everything in this castle must be worth a fortune, but barely any of it is of any practical use. The part you like the most right now is probably the bed, large enough for three, but just for you. A similar one, once again brand new, has been put across from it. However, you are eventually led to the centerpiece of the entire castle; an immaculate throne room. Several crystalline chandeliers hang from the ceiling, lit by magic. A red carpet stretches all the way up a long, wide staircase to the front of the thrones. Unlike everything else here, both of the thrones are brand new. Both of them are intensely decorated, and each one has the likeness of one of you.

"I hope you like what you see," the vampire pleads. "Our mages spent the entire day working on making changes to the castle to accommodate you."
    "Mages?" Levin questions.
    "We have a panel of mages that are capable of creating the decor and other things you have seen. They were assembled to feed the desires of even the most insatiable of rulers. Feel free to indulge yourself, and tell us if you want anything changed."
    "You did all of this for us?"
    "Yes. We can do no less."
    "I must say I am proud of each and every one of you, but say-"
    "What is it?!" The vampire perks up, scared.
    "All of you must be very tired. I'd say you could all use a rest."
    "But who will answer your beck and call?"
    "We have urgent business we need to tend to anyways. All of you can serve us better once you've rested."
    "You- make a good point! We haven't slept for over a day!"
    "Then you need the rest. Go on. I want every vampire on this island to get a good... erm... day's sleep."
    "Very well. I will send out the order!"

The vampire and the guards leave. You notice a knight in heavy armor is in the room. You ask them to step out of the room for a moment, and they oblige.

You need to rest, but first, you must determine what you will do next. You can take a moment to talk to Levin, Uvras, and/or Nohel if you wish.
  • I'm going to talk with them about how we take down khantsvieth. Even with the army and mages, how trained are they? How powerful are the mages? Those will need to be figured out before we make a move.
  • edited April 2020
    @Abu_Jafar A wandering merchant, eh? No merchant worth their salt survives for very long on Stitia, where the poor covet their wares and rich thieves profit from their demise. Hopefully your legacy can stand the test of time...

// I will give you your first prompt as soon as I can. For now, I have rolled to randomly determine your starting location. Right now, you are currently in Hitcherald. I wonder if there's anyone there that might be interested in what you have to offer...?
  • @Abu_Jafar be careful when he says "worth their salt" because the last guy he said that to died very quickly.
  • Niyan didn't sell salt though
  • Well, you're not wrong.
This discussion has been closed.