Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• edited May 2020

Now, On the rooftop...

Labored breathing and blood fills the rooftop as Xataxji's forces bear down on those within the cathedral. Neither side seems to be giving any ground, and it almost seems as if, for a moment, an unstoppable force has met an immovable object. Xataxji's demons are nigh on unkillable, yet there is no end to the counterattacks. Meanwhile, the lesser among the forces are long dead, not standing a chance.

"Conse! Grant us your divine power so that we may smite these demons!" Isguia yells out as she draws a sigil sequence on the ground. "Soldiers! Lure them here!"

The fighting continues as the imposing demons push back the soldiers. However, little do they know the soldiers are leading them into a trap.

"What's wrong?!" A towering demon belts out as he pursues the fleeing soldiers. "I thought you were brave warriors of the light! Face me!"

As the few pieces of the regiment stand together, they soon realize the soldiers are suddenly getting more aggressive, surrounding them. The demons hack and slash through the enemy, but they suddenly collapse as the ground glows beneath them and the sigil is activated. Isguia performs a binding ritual, and the demons are unable to resist as they are taken to the courtyard to be sacrificed...

This regiment of Xataxji's forces took lethal damage. Those that survived are being carried to a fate worse than death...

To be continued...
  • Aren't I on the roof? Or is that a different roof?
  • @KorandAngels You're at the Southern Cathedral. All of this takes place at the Northern Cathedral.
  • edited May 2020
    *fail*
  • Back at the Southern Cathedral...

The cathedral slowly crumbles as the battle rages on. The rooftop begins to cave in completely, causing everyone that hasn't already fled to fall down into the cathedral, spilling into the fighting below. Allysa's crew sweeps the upper floors of the cathedral, not ceasing for a moment as their firearms tear down hundreds. Zanletesh begins to destroy the cathedral, doing what he can to keep his allies out of harm's way. However, with the roof collapsing, some are caught up in the chaos...

Ishka, Schoren, and Lilith

Lilith vomits as Ishka and Schoren do everything they can to stabilize her. A demon tries to attack Ishka, but they're quickly dispatched. Schoren, however, is knocked off his feet when a heavy-set man is pushed back into him by a viashino. One blade strikes, and the man is killed instantly. Then, the viashino aims a second one at Schoren.

"So..." the viashino starts. "I heard the Coven of Aranis was planning to stop the summoning, but I never thought I'd see their top alchemist here!"
    "How do you know who I am?" Schoren returns as he draws his sword.
    "It's quite simple. We like to make sure we know every little thing about our enemies..."

The viashino is incredibly fast, catching Schoren off guard and managing to get a good slice out of his ear. Schoren isn't able to do anything more than push him back before he attacks again, stabbing Schoren directly in the right leg.

"What's wrong? All brains and no brawn?"
    "Why is that a problem?"

Schoren trips the viashino, and kicks him away. Then, he pulls out a small bottle, pulls what appears to be a tag off of it, and throws it towards the viashino.

The viashino sees the bottle coming and blocks himself. The bottle bounces onto the ground in front of him, and both Schoren and the viashino are grazed by the alchemical reaction. Both of them are ever so slightly splashed by toxic venom, though it affects the viashino slightly more.

"So... you were saying."

The viashino stands back up and attacks Schoren before he can rise. The knife just barely misses the throat, striking Schoren in his trap. He punches back, doing just enough to get the viashino off of him, and rolls away.

"Ishka!" He yells. "I need your help!"
    "But-"
    "It's okay..." Lilith reassures Ishka. "I could be dead within the week... no matter what you do, but Schoren... could die now if you don't help him."

Ishka nods her head and stands to help Schoren. The viashino sees her, and quickly tosses a blade with extreme precision at Ishka. However, she strikes it out of the air with her sword as she moves in.

"You stay out of this! This is just between me and him!"
    "No thanks. I won't stand and watch any more!"

Ishka moves in to strike, managing to level the viashino with a strike from her sword. Schoren stands up and rushes towards the viashino, but his sword strike misses. He falls, landing directly on the viashino's outreached blade. The knife hits him directly in the gut, and he collapses, coughing up blood and unable to move.

"Sch-Schoren!" Lilith cries out as she rushes to stand, blade in hand.
    "You're in no shape... to fight..." Schoren responds.

Schoren took 7 damage. He has 3 HP left.

"So... let's finish this..."

Schoren is helpless as the viashino turns him over, pressing him to the ground as he prepares for a killing blow. However, just as the knife is about to hit...

*CRASH!*

The fire pit begins to plummet down, taking the rest of the nearby rooftop with it. Ishka is the first to react, quickly spreading her wings to glide. Lilith manages to jump out of harm's way, but falls to the floor below. However, Schoren and the viashino aren't so lucky; as the wood and coal from the pit continues to burn as it strikes the floor below, both of them land on the smoldering fire.

"NOOOOO! SCHOREN!"

The screams of Schoren and the viashino fill the air as they struggle to escape. However, Schoren takes a risky opportunity. He picks up a burning stake, and stabs the viashino in the foot. Then, he slowly crawls out of the fire, the viashino unable to move from his sudden wound.

"My time... isn't now." Schoren pants out. "The Coven- no... the world... still needs me..."

Schoren took 2 damage from the fall. He has 1 HP left.

"Schoren!" Ishka runs over to help the burning alchemist. He can barely move, and his clothes and body are singed, but he's still alive. "Are you a Triskaidian?"
    "Y-yes... sadly. There's no magic you'll be able to use to heal me."
    "That's... a shame," Lilith sighs.
    "Well... you can only carry one of us, Ishka. Which will it-"
    "You," Lilith says defiantly as she stands. "I can walk... on my own-"

Lilith suddenly begins coughing profusely, nearly falling over. The rat bite on her ankle has begun to swell and turn dark.

"You really... shouldn't Lilith," Schoren protests. "Your symptoms are developing... much faster than usual."
    "I don't care..." Lilith utters, limping, but walking, a fire in her eyes. "If I just sit around... and let myself die... it'll be for nothing. If I'm going to die... I'm going to die... a warrior's death. That is the least... I can do... for my father..."

To be continued...
  • Won't be able to finish before I got back to work. I'll try to use my time after work to catch up, but no promises. My work days (Saturday through Tuesday) are chaotic.
  • edited May 2020

The forums just cucked the 3 hours of progress I made on my phone yesterday, so expect this to take even longer due to my sudden lack of motivation...

• Try writing your posts on a doc in the future.  That way you won’t lose your progress due to site shenanigans 
  • That's a pretty good idea.

• @MonkeyPirate2002 @Abu_Jafar I normally do, but I was on mobile yesterday and couldn't
  • Makes sense. I was more just thinking that i should do that for my contests.

• Bid-OOF!
    But seriousluy wow, that sucks.
  • Did you mean data or just via phone?
  • I was on my phone using data, but I was using the desktop site.
  • Oh.  If data is an issue, the word app helps, since it is on the phone.  That is how I write on the go.
    What is the difference between the desktop site and the ?phone site?
  • When is the next post comming?!?! I need to know what happens at the cathedral!
  • edited May 2020

Xataxji and Zacarias

Xataxji's zombie army has begun to make their way into Nasita. Screams are heard all across the border as guards fight for their lives...

Meanwhile, at the cathedral, Xataxji's forces have gotten an edge. The very essence of fear runs rampant in the enemy, and they scramble to escape the cathedral. However, this rampant fear has also brought with it a surge of desperation as they make their way to the ground floor, when Zacarias's forces await them.

Suddenly, the wall at the entrance is crumbled. An expedited pathway has been created by a gargantuan ape at least 12 feet tall, who is charging forward.

"This is our chance!" The ape yells as they approach Zacarias's forces. "Break their ranks! Make them submit!"

Some elves drop their weapons immediately in fear of the demon. The last one did a lot of damage to their ranks, but this one is much more terrifying, and is leaping towards them with great speed. Many elves are frozen or overwhelmed, with others running away.

"Don't flee this fight!" Zacarias yells out. "They're almost defeated! Archers! Fire!"

The number of arrows that actually get fired is somewhat underwhelming. Zacarias looks behind him at his forces, and the ground is littered with dropped bows.

"We cannot show fear, let alone now! Raise your weapons back up! Show me your courage! Show me you're willing to do whatever it takes to-"

Zacarias had underestimated the sheer speed of the ape. The last leap is a blur in the air and a thunderous crash on the ground, crushing Zacarias. The ape lands with enough force to shatter the concrete underneath Zacarias, and the ape's attack shatters Zacarias's chest, but it doesn't matter where the attack hit; Zacarias's undead body is resilient, and the wound, although grievous and life-ending to most, is without a doubt nonlethal to him.

Zacarias took 2 Damage. He now has 8 HP.

Zacarias's chest has been separated from his legs, but this is just the kind of opportunity he needs. He crawls away, quickly summoning roots and brambles to restrain the ape, and reassembles his body with vines.

"They got the Great Monk!" One of the elves scream out. "Ru-"
    "I'm alive, but it's clear our enemy is powerful. I suggest we regroup."

The ape continues without pause, breaking free from the vines with ease. Zacarias realizes the damage the ape could do to his forces, so he closes his eyes and focuses all of his power to summon a thick barrier of trees that blocks the entire street. He then locks eyes with the ape, garnering his staff.

"So, Raloo..." a bitter voice comes from the entrance. "Trying to kill my allies, are you?" It's Xataxji, leading his forces to intercept the spill onto the street. "I must say. As the High Demon of Chaos you have certainly created quite the mess." Xataxji's long, thin tongue is sickening as it makes its way around Xataxji's lips. "But I'm here to fix that."
    "Xataxji." The ape turns towards him. He stares for a moment, but looks back towards Zacarias. Suddenly, the ape leaps high into the air, vaulting straight towards Zacarias's wall, and with a powerful slam of his fists, the wall shatters.

"Running away, are we?"
    "Xataxji, I hate to ask you, but-"
    "You don't even have to ask, but I must warn you. This demon is a High Demon, one of Khantsievth's most powerful allies. Your men can't do anything against him, and it will take an attack of great power to even damage him. Therefore... collateral damage will be likely. But just give me the word, and I can deal with him. Hesitate, however, and I will make your mind up for you."

Screams are heard from the the other side of the wall as it fall. The ground shakes with every one of the demon's movements. Elves are sent flying through the air faster than their own arrows, and entire buildings are falling in the wake of the ape's attacks.

"...do it," Zacarias utters as his allies perish before him. "It's clear that, right now, I am helpless to stop this monster in my current condition. Everything I've done against him has been merely shrugged off. How powerful is he?"
    "Powerful enough to level this city. Now stand back... protect me only if you think it's absolutely necessary. I can stand for myself."

Zacarias turns towards the weaker of the forces emerging from inside the cathedral. He uses all of the power he has left, and the entire front entrance is demolished, trapping anyone still in the cathedral and crushing those directly outside. A variety of dangerous plant life emerges from the ground, from razor vines to man-eating plants, and Zacarias sends them against the incoming cultists...

Xataxji focuses as he holds Beirt within his hands. Never has he felt so much power in his life. The power to destroy armies, empires... maybe even worlds. He chuckles to himself. Worlds. Quite a lofty ambition, but now it was within reason. If he could destroy entire populations, then, perchance, he should be shooting higher than just trying to fight the gods. Maybe he could become one? But he shakes the thought. Here he is, a demon, fighting for the greater good! And yet, he thought it was the best thing to do. Even with such power, perhaps he could achieve such things by playing it safe and taking the high road...
  • edited May 2020
    "Zacarias. This is your last chance to change your mind."
    " My mind's set. If this really is one of Khantsievth's most valuable allies, having him dead will be a great help."
    "Good..."

Xataxji holds Beirt like it's the world in his hands, staring into it as though he were stalking prey. An aura of hideous darkness courses through him and the crystal as it rises into the air.

"Your fervent plea has been heard. My power is yours."

The screams behind the wall intensify as a plume of energy rushes into Beirt. The dead and dying are pulled into the plume as they disintegrate, their souls ripped out of their body. Xataxji smiles, but Zacarias backs away in concern.

"Now, Raloo... I give you a choice. Surrender and serve, or die a nuisance. Either way, you have failed your master."

Raloo storms through Zacarias's forces, killing en masse without ever stopping.

"I take that as a no... very well."

Beirt's glow suddenly turns into an aura of darkness as Beirt emits a wail. The plume of energy dissipates, and Beirt pulses. Once. Twice. Thrice. And then, with a fourth pulse, silence.

The clamoring on the rooftop stops, with the exception of Xataxji's allies. Raloo is gone, but sadly, it was too late to stop him from massacring Zacarias's forces; only the blood from their dead bodies remains.

"I apologize for being unable to save your comrades, Zacarias. But know that their death was not in vain. Their souls will live on in this gem. The very gem I shall use to carve our path to victory..."

This regiment of Zacarias's forces took lethal damage. They didn't stand a chance.

"This is... a bitter victory," Zacarias mumbles. "But the battle isn't over. We still have the Northern Cathedral."
    "Zacarias!"

The lich looks to the rooftop and sees an elf diving down, her face pale as a ghost. She's breathing heavily, and as she lands weakly, her hands are shaking in tremors.

"Ma'am! You look ill!"
    "Th-th-th... th-th..."
    "Speak, ma'am, speak!"
    "The f-f-forces- at the- the... North..."

The elf faints, unable to finish her sentence. Zacarias is barely able to catch her.

"The forces at the North...?" Zacarias shakes the elf. "What about them?! What happened?!"

The elf opens her eyes, and tears run down her face as she begins to cry. She puts her head on Zacarias's shoulder as she wheezes.

"Z-Zacarias... the elves... the demons... everyone... they're dead..."
    "Dead...?"
    "It was a massacre... we didn't stand a chance..."
  • edited May 2020
    Taking a break from the cathedral. So, what does the queue look like?

• Bowler
    • Abu_Jafar
    • The Northern Cathedral
  • edited May 2020
    @EpicBoss99 @TAHMURAS

"A... false persona?" Siyaru contemplates. "Unless the real Joseph was killed... that simply couldn't be possible. He's been in Racrion for years-"

"Verth!"

Footsteps can be heard approaching the throne room, and a Dawnwood elf steps in, along with four others.

"I'm glad we found you! The High Dawnelf Brocara has sent for you!"
    "Verth," the guard starts. "You can leave. This leonin hasn't attacked..."

Verth: Will you accept the audience?
  • edited May 2020
    Oh god oh frick
  • edited May 2020
    @TezzeretofCarmot21 At least it was only 1/5th of your forces.
  • @TAHMURAS

While the Dawnwood elves speak with Verth, the guard turns to you.

"Look. I know we could never replace what you've lost, but I'm sorry for what happened. Us mortals are getting caught in the affairs of gods, and soon it's going to be a whole lot worse. I know you may not be able to trust me, a stranger, but I plead. We're in dire straits, a war against the gods, the very same people that took away your home. While I can't bring your own home back, I can make a proposition."

The guard kneels down before you in solemnity.

"What Verth said... is the truth. Khantsievth is coming, and we need all the help we can get. I know you may feel bitter towards us, calling your old homeland ours, but we don't have to fight. I give you this one chance. You aren't like the other Bloodwood... I can trust you enough to reason with you. Join us. You can avenge your fallen comrades."
  • @Aggroman15

Your eyes shut and you feel yourself drift to sleep, and yet, all you see is darkness. All you hear is nothing. You feel like you're being pulled through a tunnel by the very air around you as you finally hear deep echoes.

"Why hello there... dearest Vin."

Finally, you see something. The crimson moon in the distance. Looking at it is somewhat tempting. A pitch black shadow appears in front of it, the outline of some kind of werebeast with glowing red eyes.

"Am I glad to see you. Rumor has it your friends in Fevrmor decided to give you the boot, and here you are, collapsed on the ground, a weak, puny human, too hesitant to leverage the gift the moon has given you. But I digress. You need a new home... do you not?"

As the shadow walks towards you, a strange truth is revealed. The figure is a werehyena.

"Look at you. You're so weak you can't even move! What a pathetic body, your human form. And yet, you're such a clever human... It must be annoying, only able to choose one or the other. Brains or brawn. But... what if you could have both? And more of both, to be specific?"

You can't deny that, sometimes, having to choose can be a nuisance. But what is this figure saying? You try to wake up, but soon realize this is more than just a dream.

"I can give you everything you could ever want. Not only can I help you gain perfect control of your werewolf form, but I can also help you gain power. You are quite the intimidating specimen, indeed... but imagine what you could do with more. More strength. More speed. More power. You could be... unstoppable."

The figure snaps his finger, and you suddenly find yourself able to stand as you transform into your werewolf form, but something about it has changed. Normally, your mind begins to fade, filled with bestial impulse that you struggle to control. But this time, you feel clarity. Every motion you make is perfect. Your senses are sharper than ever as you gaze upon the forest, realizing you've returned to reality, and are awake. You also realize that, in standing, you have knocked aside the fallen tree without even noticing. You're much stronger, and your werewolf form seems to have also grown over a foot taller.

"It's great... isn't it?"

You are somewhat startled. This is, in fact, reality. You aren't dreaming. And yet, somehow, this creature managed to make it here without a trace, which should be impossible.

"Anyways, you may call me Timothy. In my time as a werebeast, I have gained immense power. I have given you but a sliver of it. A small glimpse at what you could become. This is my gift to you, Vin. Yours to keep. But... what if I told you you could have more? Seem too good to be true? Well, it's very much true."

Is it just you, or has the moon grown brighter? You are tempted by Timothy, but you get the feeling that he can't be trusted.

"So... at this point you're probably wondering why I'm here. Well, see, I happened to take a notion to your impressive abilities. As weak as you are as a human, there's no denying the power of the mind. Too many werebeasts have fallen prey to a curse; they embrace their bestial instincts to the fullest, yet forget that without their mind, they're merely beasts. You, however, are different. You are a perfect candidate for my army."

Timothy approaches you and places a hand on your shoulder. You feel a surge of bloodlust rush through you, and the temptation to howl at the top of your lungs is almost irresistible.

"Do you feel it? An ecstasy beyond compare. Wells run dry. Souls fade to nothing. Leylines are depleted. But the moon is eternal, and with it, comes boundless power. With this power, you could achieve anything."

You feel a presence gripping at your mind, tempting you.

"Come now, Vin. Come to your new home."

You feel an impulse to follow Timothy, but snap back to reality. Your mind is yours as you shake away from whatever feelings you had. You stare straight into the figure's eyes, and smirk as you come to a realization; you were being manipulated.

Miracle! You fully resisted Timothy's spell!

TImothy growls.

"Dammit... what is it with all you being so damn resilie-"

Timothy falls to the ground with a thud and disappears. Your claws are dripping with blood as you realize that you attacked Timothy without even thinking. In that moment, when his spell hit you, you realized how purely evil this creature is.

[To be continued...]
  • @Aggroman15

You are breathing heavily as you try to calm down. Everything has happened so quickly, from the incident in Fevrmor to this very moment. Who exactly is this Timothy, and why did he go out of his way to find you? You shake your head and sit down, but before you can transform back into a human, a smell catches your nose. You look towards the source, and see a small child approaching. It's too late for you to transform now...

"H-Hello there!"

Why aren't they running? Even the bravest hunters cower in fear at the sight of a werewolf.

"You got rid of that nasty hyena. You're the best!"

So she saw him too? It's good to know you're grounded in reality.

"So... you aren't like other werewolves, are you?"

You could definitely say that. It feels surreal, though, having a conversation in your werewolf form... were you even able to talk in it to begin with?

"So... since you saved me, I think I'm gonna call you..." The girl approaches you and reaches up to grab your hand. "My best friend! What's your name?"

Will you tell the girl your name?
  • edited May 2020
    @Tommia

"I will gladly accept this audience." He replies to the elf. If someone as important as the High Dawnelf had news, Verth could only think of the worst. What was happening in the rest of Stitia? He was only in Rootforged territory for nearly a day now. Before leaving with the Dawnelves, he told his brothers and sisters in the Rootforged to stay safe. He then traveled with the Dawnelves back to the location of High Dawnelf Brocara.

• @Abu_Jafar

In the moment it took for you to respond, Mythrik has scarfed the rest of her food down.

"Man... I was hungry..."
    "Mythrik... you're always hungry." Agress scorns. "If we didn't ration you'd eat us into our graves!"
    "Blame my metabolism. So, Alfred. We don't have the fancy-shmancy frills or the time to throw an extravagant welcoming party," Mythrik continues as she pulls out a bottle of black label wine, "but we always welcome our new members with a toast-"
    "It's 6 in the morning Mythrik!" A cleric detests. "Its way too early to be drinking!"
    "Last I checked outside it was night."
    The table collectively sighs.
    "You can't be serious," Agress seconds.
    "Welp. This is the only time we break out the good stuff! Your loss!"

Mythrik fills her glass and yours with the wine. You can tell that it's the finest money can buy. Only one other person accepts a drink.

"Everyone!" Mythrik announces as she stands on the table. "I would like you to welcome the newest member of The New Order! Give a big round of applause to Mr. Alfred!"

Yells and hollers of excitement fill the room.

"Alfred here will be the newest member of our scavenging team!"
    "You're kidding me."

The whole room turns to a large man in armor He seems to more closely resemble a rebel than anyone else in the room.

"I know we need all the help we can get, but this guy doesn't even look like he could hold his own in a fight!"
    "And yet he supposedly broke into some of the most dangerous and secure places on Stitia!"

Someone else walks into the room, this time, a ranger with a bird on her finger.

"Already back, Erika? You better not have led us to another dead end."
    "I actually haven't found anything yet. I just came to meet the newest member of our scavenging team!"
    "That's not important! We only have enough food left to feed everyone for two weeks, and *that's* if we ration!"
    "That's no way to speak to your superior, Eliot." Erika walks over to you and shakes your hand. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you Alfred! I'm Erika, and I'm in charge of the scavenging operations here. Follow me, and I'll get you settled in-"
    "Hold on," Mythrik cuts back in. "Before you go..."

Mythrik digs in her pockets, and you here a clanging as she pulls, from a hidden compartment, another one of the black lockets.

"You really shouldn't carry those around with you," Eliot warns.
    "Meh..." Mythrik hands the locket to you. "Now, press the button on the side, and hold it. The locket has a bit of magic in it that'll prove you're a member of The New Order."

You press the button, and the locket swings open, revealing a clock and compass. However, as you hold the button, your name becomes inscribed on the inside of the locket.

"Pretty neat, huh?"
    "It's actually nothing that special," Erika begins, "but it's how we verify who is a member and who isn't. Anyways, follow me."

You follow Erika down another flight of stairs to what appears to be an underground command center. There are a few people in here, but other than that it's fairly unoccupied. Erika grabs a small stack of papers.

"So, we've actually been quite busy lately. We have three jobs you can choose from to prove you've got what it takes. Think of this as your initiation."

Erika sets the papers down in three piles.

"First, we have a very simple mission. You'll travel to Ystheria on a business order. Normally, we send a small group of men to get crops from supporters there, but they haven't returned. The objective is simple: find the men and come back with the food."

"The second mission is a tad risky. We've got word that someone packing quite a bit of heat is coming through Hitcherald to assassinate a New Order member. The primary objective is to prevent the assassination, but it would be crucial to scavenge their weapons."

"Lastly, we have reports of a treasure trove in Aesthr. For this one, you'll be supplied with a boat and crew to sail to the location. This one should be straightforward. Go in, get the treasure, and kill anyone that gets in your way."

"So... what'll it be?"

Which mission will you accept?
  • Alfred decides he will take on the third mission. He has done lot's of scavenging through his career.
This discussion has been closed.