Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• @TAHMURAS @EpicBoss99

"Kh-Khantsievth?!" The guard cries out. "So... you mean to tell me-
    "So my suspicions are confirmed."

Suddenly, someone lands nearby. You turn, and you see what appears to be an assassin. She has a Bloodwood marking, but it's covered by a Rootforged insignia

"I accused that witch a long time ago... before they ever let your type join the Bloodwood."
    "Hmph... so the Bloodwood are a greater threat than we thought..."
    "One day I caught Vallelika red handed. Under every Hometree lies an Altar to the Goddess Sprot, but... she perverted it. It was torn apart, transformed into an Altar for Khantsievth. Every sacrifice our people blindly made was taken by that wretched creature. But when I brought this fact to light, I was slated to be executed. It's a shame they chose the wrong enemy..."
  • @Bowler218

"The lich won't be an easy task," Uvras responds, "but you have a good point."
    "Then let's make haste for Padetra!" Nohel exclaims. "That lich isn't going to kill him- ach!"
    "Nohel!"

Nohel collapses, apparently not recovering well from his prior injuries.

"Nohel, dear... I think you should rest," Levin suggests.
    "I forgot... My Triskaidian marking... Verth's healing did naught to help me..."
    Suddenly, Uvras holds a hand to Nohel's chest. "Stay here... I'll go with them -"
    "You must be insane! You don't stand -"
    "The reason I didn't fight in that cathedral was because of the risk for collateral damage. Believe me. I'm more than capable of defending myself."
    "...If you must insist..."

It is time to leave for Padetra. Will you bring any soldiers with you? 

Note: The army of Reighart is notorious for its ruthlessness, plus it's entirely composed of vampires. There's a slight risk in bringing soldiers. 
  • I'll bring a task force of 5 or 6 soldiers to act as support
  • @Bowler218 After resting, the mages summon a grand warboat, comparable to those used by the most notorious of pirates. It's unlike anything you've ever seen; it's reinforced by metal! You bring only the most devoted, renowned soldiers with you; the Royal Guard.

"We'll ensure nothing happens to you, Masters," the leader, mounted in a black horse, calls out.
    "You have my blade until the bitter end," a knight assures enthusiastically.
    "I will not fail you, Master," a mage decrees as he bows to you.
    "Ahem." Levin clears her throat
    "Gah- f-f-f-f-for-give me, Master Levin-"
    "How should I expect you to protect me like this?!" Levin booms out. "What is your name?"
    "A-ar-Arbor, Master Levin!"
    "Now, Arbor... normally when a servant shows such blatant ignorance I'd have their head! But I'll take your spellbook instead..."
    "Why- erm- of c-course!"

Levin grabs the book from the mage's hands, rips it by the spine, then, with a flick of her wrist and a snap, it bursts into flames. The mage looks distraught, but accepting.

"Now pick up the ashes. Your task on the way to Padetra is to have this book in flawless condition! If so much as a single corner on a page is ripped when we arrive I'll throw you overboard! Do you understand?!"
    "Y-yes Master! Understood!"
    "Good..."

Your ride to Padetra goes without a hitch. Everything seems to be fine, until you arrive at port. You hear a whistle in the distance, and suddenly, cannons appear on the rooftop.

"ATTENTION VESSEL!" You hear blaring from a horn. "YOUR FLAG BEARS THE SYMBOL OF CASTLE REIGHART! STATE YOUR PURPOSE OR WE WILL ENGAGE!"
    "BUSINESS! HOLD YOUR FIRE!" One of your crewmen call out.
    "WHAT BUSINESS?! VAMPIRES ARE A STAIN UPON OUR SOIL, AND YOUR KIND IS THE WORST!"
    "WE COME IN PEACE BY ORDER OF OUR RULERS, VRYX AND LEVIN!"
    "YOU HAVE NEW RULERS?!"
    "YES!"
    "YOU ARE CLEAR TO ENTER PORT. YOU WILL BE INSPECTED AND INVESTIGATED BEFORE YOU CAN LEAVE!"

Will you allow you and your crew to be detained?
  • edited May 2020
    I think I will follow Denver to the new order hideout, maybe they are interested in my goods...
    (Also, sorry for slow response.)
  • edited May 2020
    @TAHMURAS @EpicBoss99

"This Khantsievth...is he connected to Timothy?" Verth thought to himself. His search for Timothy had been delayed slightly by his decision to join the Rootforged, but it was a decision that could bring more allies in the fight against him. With the power that Timothy was building, Verth needed friends more than ever. Now Verth needed to ask the question that he meant to ask the Rootforged since joining their cause. 

"This may seem like a strange question, but have any of you seen a man by the name of Timothy in these parts? I've been hunting him for a long time for the damage he's done to Stitia, and for betraying our cause. I have a hunch that he may be connected to Khantsievth in some way as well."
  • @TAHMURAS @EpicBoss99

Siyaru thinks for a moment. "Timothy... where have I heard that name before...?"
    "Timothy was a werehyena ransacking Racrion," the guard tells her. "Reports are mixed, but... our most trustworthy sources say Joseph killed him, but died shortly after due to unrelated circumstances. It was sad to see him leave this world after all the work he did."
    "That's... wait- hold on. What... are these sources?"
    "Several, actually. Both the Duskwood and Dawnwood have accepted this side of the story to be correct, as well as the people in the local area of Racrion. We even had an eyewitness who is with the Rootforged."
    "Hm... I see. From what I know, Joseph was killed by Timothy, who died shortly after by unknown causes."
  • edited May 2020
    @Tommia ;@TAHMURAS

"No, all of you have it wrong. Joseph is Timothy. Joseph was the false persona he made up while he was helping us stop the Bloodwood. I know first-hand. After we got back to Delvad from Racrion, he killed my friend Uvras and stole his artifacts. He's a danger to everyone in Stitia, which is why I've been trying to take him down."
  • @Bowler218

"Well well..." Levin loathes. "I guess we've gotten ourselves in quite the pickle..."
    "I don't know about this," Uvras begins, "but it appears we don't have a choice."
    "So..." Levin begins as she grabs Arbor's cuff.
    "Y-Yes Master Levin?!" He exclaims.
    "Your spellbook. Is it repaired?"
    "Of course!" Arbor affirms her as he pulls it out of his pocket.
    "Excellent, excellent..."

You reach the dock, and the ship is anchored. As your crew steps onto dry land, a group of demons and devils comes out, all armed, and some have shackles.

"Alright, Wigs of Reighart!" The leader of the group exclaims, holding a gargantuan spiked metal club. "What brings ya round- um.. where are they?! I thought you said your rulers were on boar-"Ahem!" The knight clears his throat, getting the leader's attention. "Our change in leadership happened just recently. I present to you our new rulers, Masters Vryx and Levin."
    "Pleased to meet you..." Levin follows. She eyes up the leader, and suddenly, a smile breaks across both their faces.
    "Now what's a beautiful couple like you doin' with these people-"
    "They aren't a couple..." Arlin growls.
    "Oh! So the girl's free?"
    "Depends," Levin chuckles. "What do you plan on doing with us?"
    "Just a brief interrogation... nothing personal."
    "Master Vryx! Look ou-"

You wake up in a dark, empty cell with a very small porthole that lets in moonlight... and water. A rat is nibbling on your shoelace, but you shoo it away. It scurries as quickly as it can, but it's crushed underfoot by a towering figure, who seems to be the only other living thing down here.

"So... you're still alive after your little trip to Hell, are you?" The demon grunts as he drags his blade along the ground, leaving a trail of blood. As he gets closer, you realize he's too large to fit in the cell. "So how did it feel? To have yourself drenched in my ally's blood? To feel the rush, the thrill of the kill?"

You squirm away towards the back of the cell and try to stand up, but your arms and legs are bound, with a heavy ball attached to your legs.

"Hahahahaha! I love it! The look on my victim's eyes, the smell of their fear as they realize they're helpless... and finally, the hunter's reward... the taste of their flesh and blood! But... you're more valuable alive. I am Ku'cho, the Elder Demon of Violence... remember this as I unlock your cage. You can either be a good little boy... or I can have you for dinner."
  • edited May 2020
    "You want dinner? You can have it!"
  • @Abu_Jafar

Denver seems incredibly happy that you accepted his offer as he gives you directions to the base.

"I'm glad to see you're just like we've heard. Your wares are remarkable."

Denver leads you to a cathedral about 2 miles East. It's enormous, but fairly vacant. How can this be the base? You are guided through a side passage that leads to a dead end. However, pressing one of the bricks in the wall reveals a hidden staircase. You hear laughter and chatter coming from below, and hear the clanking of glasses. Denver's smile is impossible to hide as he guides you down the stairs and into a warm, inviting barroom. The smell of fresh cider rushes over you like a wave. Weapon and armor racks line the back wall, and the mahogany tables are bustling with many an angel, as well as several clerics.

"Ah! Denver!" A dwarven cleric chimes from one of the tables as he waves Denver down. His rust-colored hair is just a little too long, his beard draping over his plate. "I haven't seen you in a while! Staying out of trouble?"
    "I've been trying, Gary. I've been trying. I'd say I'm doing pretty good for a wanted criminal."
    "Great! Great! And who'd be this lad?" The dwarf asks as he points to you.
    "Only the finest merchant in all the land, I'd say! His name's Alfred. Lo wanted me to find him."

"Alfred?! This is absolutely huge!" The dwarf nearly falls jumping up to shake your hand. "Please, grab a seat next to me." You sit down, and the dwarf grabs you a flagon from a small box. "I take it Denver has introduced us? We're the New Order. We originally formed after an angel got kicked out o' The Beyond for bringing a cure for the Plague down to Stitia. E'er since the Lord Arbiter rebelled, and we saw The Visions o' the gods turning against us, we's been tryin' to form a proper army. Thing is, we can't do that without the proper tools, and those seem to be in short supply. I know you've probably had a day though, so... suit yerself."

You grab yourself a drink and sit back down. Being a rebel hideout, the people here are actually very nice. You're offered food and wine, and are given your own private room to rest in. After taking in the hospitality, you go to sleep, resting up for the day ahead...

*knock knock*

You wake up and answer the door to your room, but it isn't an angel, though they seem to be in high standing. They wear a fine black suede jacket and pants with red cuffs and gold trims. The  porelessness of their pale skin is broken by a birthmark on their left cheek and a scar on their right eye, covered by a patch. Their long red hair flows as they hold their blade at their side, and look at you with a smirk.

"What? Expecting an angel? Or does my appearance surprise you?"

The woman offers her hand out to you, and you shake hands.

"I'm Commander Mythrik. Until Lo returns, I'm keeping watch on things around here. I must say... I was expecting someone much more intimidating than you when I heard about you, but if you're the merchant Alfred, then we'll talk."

You sit at a table with Mythrik and a group of other high ranking members of The New Order. Breakfast is somewhat bland, but it fills you; barley and beans.

"Mph. So..." Mythrik begins speaking as she eats. "Hewe's da deal-"
    "Mythrik... as our commanding officer you should know better than to talk with food in your mouth," one of the angels at the table scorns. This angel, dressed in nothing but rough pants and his holster, seems bashful.
    "Oh... oopfs..." Mythrik swallows her food, then sets her bowl down. Has she already eaten half her bowl? "Anyways, here's the deal. The Six's forces have us cut off. We're running out of everything. Weapons. Armor. Food. Materials."
    "And yet we somehow have a full wine cabinet?" You look, and the entire bar area is stocked.
    "Quiet Agress."
    "I have a point..."
    "That's an order."
    "Pff..."
    "Anyways, we caught word about you. Not only do you have the finest relics for sale, but I also heard you're pretty hard for a merchant. So... I have two offers for you. You don't have to accept either of 'em, but I hope you do. Offer one: we form a partnership. As long as you can supply us with what we need, you work on your own, we pay you for the goods, and we're settled. Option two: I extend you an invitation to join The New Order. You'll work as our private contractor, and take the reigns of our scavenging operations. You'll be on a leash, but a pretty loose one at that. Obviously that means you'll be in the thick of it every now and then, but since you'll be working directly with us, you can move in. We'll give you everything you need to do your job, and in return you'll help us when we're short on men. So... what'll it be?"
  • @Bowler218

Ku'cho opens the large door of the cell and steps aside. You can tell that he's eager for a fight as he licks the blood off the edge of his blade. With your arms and legs bound, there isn't much you can do, but magic isn't completely out of the question.

Ku'cho puffs as he awaits you. "Come now, dog. Direct orders are to do you no harm if you comply."

Comply? Not a chance! You focus as you press your hands against the wall behind you, and suddenly, a horned beast rushes out of it towards Ku'cho.

"A grave mistake you make challenging me. Your overconfidence will drive you to your grave!"

The beast breaks through the cell bars, but all it takes is a single slash from Ku'cho to fell the beast. It struggles, unable to move, as Ku'cho walks towards the open door.

"You think that just because I can't fit in here means you're safe? A costly mistake."

Ku'cho's blade ignites in a flurry of fire, glowing red hot, and with a slash, a torrent of fire sets its way towards you. The flames spill over you, but they do nothing to graze you as you instinctively break free from your chains. You look down, and again, you've transformed. However, now you have a larger problem. The roof has somewhat collapsed, and now Ku'cho can fit into the room.

"Hm... I see now why Reed failed to defeat you. I'll give you a second chance, Vryx. There's no need to waste that power of yours on me when you don't have to-"

*RAAAAAH!*

Suddenly, the beast you summoned earlier flips around, standing back up despite its obviously serious injuries. Its eyes are glowing bright red as it charges the demon, but it only manages to pierce Ku'cho slightly with one of its horns before he snaps the horn off, grabs the beast by the neck, and with a sharp pull, kills it instantly.

"I take that as a no... very well. You asked for it..."

Ku'cho moves with unimaginable swiftness, at least for his size, and swings at you with his blade. The attacks are a blur, and if it weren't for your heightened vision, you wouldn't be able to see anything around you. Blood covers you as slash after slash misses, but eventually, Ku'cho manages to pin you against a wall, his blade and arm keeping your from moving side to side.

"Ah... perfect. Now I can get a good look at your frightened stare as I devour you- ho..."

You slip under Ku'cho and deliver a powerful kick where it counts. He still stands strong as he turns around, but he's in obvious pain as blood runs down his legs.

"You're a sneaky little rat. But just because you can bite the cat doesn't mean you can kill them..."

Make a nonwhite card that can negate or prevent the effects of Blast Back. The target score is 13.
  • Vin isn't sure how long he's been running, only that his muscles are screaming at him to stop. Finally, he has to oblige. He thinks to himself, Why, oh why, did I not use my werewolf form for this? Nobody is around and the moon probably wouldn't have inhibited my control that much... He looks around, and sees a fallen tree. His body tells him to stop and rest under the tree, but his mind knows that he shouldn't let his guard down. Suddenly, he has an idea. He didn't have time to grab many of his things when he escaped, so he couldn't make anything technological, but he does figure that laying some brittle sticks around his makeshift campsite should allow for somewhat of an early warning system if something tries to approach him while he's sleeping. With that done, he covers the tree, crawls under it, and passes out.
  • @spookoops @sanjaya666 / @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos

The attack on The Beyond and the battle against Faer is being auto-resolved. Dice are being rolled to determine outcomes.

Role refresher - Team 1 (Distraction Team):

- Rafael (FLV), 10 HP, Causing Chaos
    - Byro (spookoops), 10 HP**, Causing Chaos
    - Onaeca, 5 HP, Causing Chaos
    - Wosy, 5 HP, Attacking
    - Sanova and a few followers, 5 HP, Attacking
    - Pathos, 10 HP, Attacking

Team 2 (Searching for water to enchant):

- Mistborn Crew, 15 HP
    - Setra, 5 HP

Rafael, Byro, and Onaeca

Rafael looks down at the city below with Byro and Onaeca. He can tell Onaeca is tense.

"This is crazy... it wasn't too long ago that I stood alongside these people as an angel," Onaeca sighs. "But that doesn't matter anymore. Now that I know the truth, I'm going to do something about it!"
    "It's strange, isn't it?" Rafael responds.
    "Oh... I'm sorry I brought it up, you being the former Lord Arbiter. But let's get to business."
    "Try not to get yourselves killed," Byro warns sarcastically. "I'm not holding anything back."

Screaming can be heard below as the last angels evacuate. Onaeca raises her staff, and flames rise to block the angel's path, rising into a dome to keep the angels from flying over them.

"Attention denizens of Glansia! Servants of Conse!"
    "Gah! What's going on-"
    "The gods have forsaken you! Conse is a liar! Everything you've done for him has been for naught!"
    "Are you mad?!"
    "The servants of Conse are going mad! We've seen firsthand the cruelty of our so-called gods! They're hellbent on ravaging the world! Did you not see the visions?! Visions of your gods turning against you?!"
    "What are you? A member of the New Order? We know full well Conse means the best for us!"
    "Grr... are you stupid?! They tried to make Rafael a slave! They tossed aside everyone who put the people first! They... they killed innocent people! They slew angels-"
    "Die!"

Suddenly, assorted objects fly up from below. Arrows of light. Spears. Daggers.

"I'll give you one chance. I can free you from this tyranny! You can help us secure a new tomorrow! But... I must warn you. If you don't..." The flames roar, and begin to close in on the group. "...I'll be left with no choice but to put you out of your future misery."
    "Never! We won't let you try to manipulate us!"
    "Fine... you leave me no choice..."
    "Onaeca!"

Another arrow of light flies up from below, aimed straight at Onaeca's head. As quickly as he can, Rafael flies out in front of her and tries to cast a defensive spell, but instead he takes the arrow, straight to the chest.

"RAFAEL!"
    "What- what- ARGH!"

The group below begins to burn to a crisp as Rafael falls from the sky. The flaming dome suddenly transforms into a ball as Onaeca flies to catch Rafael. Byro rushes to protect them.

Onaeca catches Rafael, but he's motionless. "Rafael?! Can you hear me?"
    "You bastards!" Byro yells out as he prepares a pyromancy spell of his own.
    "RAFAEL-"
    "Calm down," Rafael mumbles out. "It's just... a scratch."
    "Rafael, you're hurt pretty bad."
    "I know, but you can let me go. I've been through a lot worse."

Rafael took 4 damage. He now has 6 HP.

"So... to say the least I'm p****d."

Cursing. It felt so strange, yet it felt so good at the same time. Such a petty thing mere humans do all the time, yet as an Arbiter Rafael always had to stay curt. It felt good to finally curse for the first time. Slowly, more and more, Rafael was peeling away the mask he had put on for so long. And it was going to start here, with an attack on the very city Rafael grew up in...

Wosy, Sanova, and Pathos

*RAAAAAAAAWR!*

Like a living storybook, the scene plays out over Glansia. Three mortals, facing off against a god. Even if they weren't fighting to kill, it still felt like they were living legends. For about 340 years, none had faced the gods of Stitia, and the last being that did was sealed away...

"This is preposterous!" Faer's voice echoes across the Beyond. "Stand down at once!"
    "But don't you know, deary?" Wosy snarls. "This is my warm-up."

More withering flames cloak Faer as she tries to attack Wosy. However, he seems to be too small relative to Faer to hit. Sanova flies overhead, hitting Faer from behind with an unnaturally powerful strike, but it barely phases Faer. Pathos slows down time around him, doing everything he can to find some kind of weakness, and trying to resist the temptation to lash out.

"What's wrong?" Wosy says to Pathos, smirking. "Afraid you might get burned?"
    "I... don't want to be reckless."
    "You have to let out your rage somehow."
    "You're right," Sanova calls out as he joins the two. "I won't see people suffer anymore! I don't care what I have to do... no one is ever going to die on my watch again. And for those I couldn't save... this world will feel their wrath!"

Suddenly, Sanova grasps his head and falls out of the sky.

"Are you okay?!" Pathos is barely able to catch Sanova in time, but Sanova pushes him away as his claw suddenly begins to glow a deep red. A strange marking appears on his hand... a Triskaidian marking.
    "This... power... what is it? I hear... the rage of a thousand souls, calling for vengeance!"
    "Welcome to the club, catto," Wosy calls out. "Looks like you're a Triskaidian."
    "Um, guys! Faer!" Pathos yells as a blade nearly swipes the three out of the air.
    "Right!" Wosy and Sanova reply at once.

Sanova's transformation suddenly begins to break away where the emblem appeared, causing his armor to become deformed around his arm.

"Aw bloody hell..." Wosy utters.
    "So... you're a leonin..." Faer observes.
    "I don't care if you know who the hell I am!" Sanova shouts. "I'm done caring at all! I will avenge the Maviol! The people of this world will suffer no longer! And you... will die!"

Sanova knows he only has a limited time before the transformation wears out around the rest of him, so he flies full speed towards Faer. At the apex of his flight, he grabs his hammer, and it trickles with energy. And as Sanova makes impact, the force of the hammer strike breaks the sound barrier, and actually sends Faer stumbling backwards.

"Now! Attack!"

Sanova's wings fade away as his glamour stops working, and he plummets. However, he finds a wall to catch, and he's barely able to slow himself down before landing on the ground.

Pathos and Wosy follow up on Sanova's attack.

"Mind if I hop on?" Pathos asks Wosy.
    "Don't get used to it..."

Pathos grabs ahold of Wosy as he darts towards Faer.

"When you get close, I'm going to try to attack her blade hand!"
    "Alrighty then."

Wosy glides through the sky towards the colossal god, Pathos on his back, and as he approaches...

"GAH!"

Pathos tries to jump off Wosy and attack Faer, but instead stumbles, nearly falling, and lands on the god's hand.

"Hmph... how do you think a fly like you can kill me when you don't even sting?"

Faer takes her free hand, and with a clap that echoes across the Beyond, Pathos is crushed.

"You're kidding me..." Wosy charges full force towards the god, but instead of breathing fire, he swipes her with his claws. The pain is enough to make her let go of Pathos, but the attack isn't enough to do any significant damage. Pathos falls, and Wosy rushes to catch him, broken armor fallen off the wounded angel. "Don't you bloody die on me. We're getting out of here..."

To be continued...
  • Pathos coughs, and blood comes out of his mouth. He's barely able to hold on, and several of his bones are broken.

Pathos took 6 damage. His HP is now 4.

"It was interesting fighting you three mortals," Faer booms out as she prepares to crush Sanova underfoot, "but your charade ends here."
    "No... Faer! I won't let you hurt these people any longer!"

A crash is heard in the distance as plant life rushes to stop Faer's foot. Vines restrain her, and her blade crumbles.

"Cease this instant Sprot! What is the meaning of this-"
    "I learned the truth, sister... I am with Conse no longer."

Miracle! Sprot has decided to interfere!

"NO! DAMN YOU SPROT! NOHEL HAS BRAINWASHED YOU-"
    "It was... Conse that had brainwashed me, dear Sister. But of course, you would allow yourself to be blinded by rage. I don't expect you to believe me, but you cannot stop me."
    "DAMN YOOOUUU!"

More rumbling is heard in the distance. Suddenly, the other two gods, Zythl and Sith, rise in the distance, readying their weapons.

"Now is not the time for you to be doing this, Sprot," Sith warns her. "Conse is being summoned this very instant. You wouldn't want to be on his bad side at a time like this... would you?"
    "Lay down your weapon, sister," Zythl pleads to Sprot. "Lay down your weapon, and join us in celebration."
    "That is something I cannot do. Come with me, poor souls. I will take you to safety..."

Suddenly, Sprot, Pathos, Wosy, and Sanova glow a deep green as Sprot fades away. All of them disappear, leaving behind the aftermath of their battle against Faer...
  • Alfred takes some time to consider his options, option one would grant him a constant source of income, as long as he has wares, which would be difficult to keep in stock if he didn't get help. Option two would give him a permanent residence, and help when scavenging for relics, armor, and weapons of legend. Of course, it wouldn't make him as much money, but it would be a much more interesting job than his current one. Not taking either wasn't really an option, so he decided to go with option two, to be their private contractor.
  • edited May 2020
    Queue:

- MonkeyPirate2002 (Moved to top due to event priority)
    - Resolving the Situation in Nasita
    - EpicBoss99/Tahmuras
    - Aggroman15 (Vin)
    - Abu_Jafar
  • Next up- uh- oh...

• edited May 2020
    @Tommia it has been for-ev-ah since I've last posted.  Sorry about that.  I'll probably start posting more frequently after getting through troublesome school.

As for dealing with that elf I've been hiding from for two months, I conjure an apparition from various lost souls to surprise him, then convert the shade into a terrifying screech that will (hopefully) cause him to go mad and turn his body into pure essence to use along my journey.

• @Pepperoni @Blazin_Biscuit @EnvyReaper @ASubtleGhost @MonkeyPirate2002 @KorandAngels @TezzeretofCarmot21 and anyone I may have missed.

The situation in Nasita is being resolved. For situations without responses, dice are being rolled to determine outcomes.

Refresher

On the Roof of the Cathedral:
    • Zanletesh (Blazin_Biscuit), 10 HP
    • Xataxji (10 HP) and half of his Forces, (5 HP)
    • Allysa (10 HP) and their Crew (5 HP)
    (Grouped)
    • Ishka (KorandAngels), 10 HP
    • Draundr (EnvyReaper), 10 HP
    • Schoren, 5 HP
    • Lim, 10 HP
    • Danny, 5 HP
    • Lilith, 4 HP, Plagued
    Inside: K'Trinop, Hiding from Foritu (RESPONSE RECEIVED)

On the Ground at the Cathedral:
    • Teil (Pepperoni), 10 HP
    • Zacarias (Tezzy), 10 HP, and half of his forces (5 HP)
    Conse's Summoning: Half of Zacarias's forces (5 HP), Half of Xataxji's Forces (5 HP)

Inside the Cathedral...

You hide behind a nearby column as you hear footsteps coming in.

"It's very interesting, Foritu, but you shouldn't treat this invasion as entirely unexpected. The visions likely gave away the location of the summoning."
    "Good point, but it still-"

Suddenly, the leonin wheezes.

"Hold on, Jenar. I think one of them is still alive."

Foritu approaches the leonin alone, and you can't see who's with them without giving away your position.

"Such a slimy little rascal..." Foritu leans down and holds a ritual knife to the leonin. "They say cats have nine lives. But it's time to end yours!"
    "Foritu! Behind-"
    "GAAAAAAAAAH!"

Out of nowhere, the shade strikes, causing Foritu to fall to their knees and drop their knife.

"Foritu!"

You see a man running towards the fallen elf, who is twitching uncontrollably. A cleric, dressed in black garb, who suddenly notices you. However, you soon realize it's that strange cleric from earlier, holding a decorated Triscepter.

"What have you done to Foritu, you monster?! She was only trying to stop Khantsievth's summoning!"

With a blood sacrifice? You may not remember much about the gods here, but they certainly don't deal in blood.

"LeAvE... nOw..."

The cleric turns and sees Foritu, foaming blood from their mouth. Foritu's eyes glow crimson as they choke, but something seems amiss.

"LeAvE, jEnAr. NoW!"

Foritu swiftly lashes out at you, attacking with their bare hands as though they were claws. They don't do that much harm, but it is enough to cause visible trauma.

You took 1 damage. Your HP is now 9.

"I kNoW yOu... YoU wAnT... kIlL... mE..."

Foritu tries their best to regain control over themselves, but it isn't working. They pick their knife up in a hurry, and as quickly as they can, they plunge it into their gut, twisting it as blood runs from their mouth. They fall, dead, and suddenly, a great surge of energy flows from within them. However, instead of coming to you, it goes upwards...

On the rooftop...

"We need to get Lilith to safety!"

Draundr, Ishka, Schoren, and Lim rush to get Lilith to stable ground, finding a small fire pit to conceal her behind.

"There's no time for that!" Danny yells out. "This damn roof is going to collapse any minute, and if it collapses before we can stop the ritual-"
    "Danny, please!" Lim pleads. "She's your mentor! Your ally! You'd leave her to die?!"

Suddenly, Danny gapes as he stares into Lilith's eyes. He doubles back, holding his head.

"Are you okay... Danny?" Lilith coughs out.
    ".....Y-Yeah... I'm fine." Danny then stands up as though nothing happened. "Ishka! Schoren! I want you to stay with her and keep her stable. Draundr, Lim... let's show them how we fight."
    "Roger!" Lim responds. Draundr is silent, but his bold look of determination speaks for itself.
    "We'll keep her safe," Scoren pledges. "Don't look back for a moment!"

As Danny leads Draundr and Lim into the fray, they are suddenly caught in the wide-swinging attack of a powerful, towering demon.

Danny takes the full force of the attack, while Draundr ducks under it. Lim stops the attack dead in its tracks with a tangle of thorns.

Danny took 3 damage. His HP is now 2.

"Watch it! We're allies!" Draundr alerts both of them. The demon bears the brand of Xataxji, the same brand Draundr wears himself.
    "So... you're Xataxji's new recruit," the demon replies. "Perfect timing."
    "Perfect n-nothing..." Danny stutters. "You... you could of... ACH!"

Danny suddenly doubles back, looking back and forth.

"Wh-who are you?!" Danny screams as he points at Lim. "D-don't say you're going to kill me! Please!"

Miracle! Danny regained his memories!

"If you are allies with Draundr," the demon begins, "you're safe. Otherwise..."
    "EEP!"
    "Now... let me go, elf."
    "Will do, sir," Lim obliges, "but make sure this never happens again."
    "Of course. Now, onwards!" The demon rushes back into the action, cutting down several of Khantsievth's cultists.
    "Damn... I'm gonna die!" Danny panics, holding a gaping hole in his chest. "I'M GONNA DIE DAMMIT-"
    Draundr slaps Danny in the face, picking him up and tending to his wounds. "I thought you weren't afraid of anything. That's why you brought us up here, correct?"
    "I- I would never! Wh-where am I?! Is the world ending?!"
    "We're at Khantsievth's summoning, now move it! This is no time to have a nervous breakdown!"
    "Can someone a-at least tell me what's g-going on?! Where's Lilith and the gang?!"
    "We'll explain later!" Lim tells him, using her magic to stitch him shut with vines. "Right now you need to put that war face back on and fight!"
    "War face?"
    "Just a moment ago you stood with us against demons and an incredibly powerful knight. You came here to stop this summoning. Now... follow through."
    "I'd never-"
    Lim slaps Danny herself before summoning a sword made of enchanted vines. "You can do this!" She then hands him the sword. "Don't doubt yourself!"

Danny looks down, still shaking and breathing heavily. Lim puts her hand on his shoulder, and blue mana radiates around him. Danny turns ephemeral, and Lim summons a weapon for herself.

"Wha-what..."
    "I used my power to make you ephemeral. You have nothing to fear if nothing can strike you. Now charge."
    "Are... you sure-"
    "CHARGE!" Draundr bellows out, summoning a sword of shadowy flames as he runs forward.
    ".....Right! I can't st-stand here forever. If I don't fight... I'll die!"
    "And you cannot change the world if you are dead!"

Everyone turns to see a spirit standing with a glowing sword. A moment ago he wasn't here...

"I have come to aid in the battle against Khantsievth. But first, do you know where my friend K'Trinop is? I fear he's in trouble!"
    "Never heard of him," Lim answers, "but who are you?"
    "A god... who is very displeased..."
    "Are you with the Six-"
    "A foolish assumption. I'm not even from here."

The group fights through the chaos. All the while, Otaimo calls for K'Trinop...

To be continued...
  • Meanwhile...

A volley of spears, arrows, scepters, and assorted objects fly up at Zanletesh. Those that hit him are shrugged off as he lays waste to Khantsievth's forces and the building below.

"You are powerless to stop our assault! Stand with us, or face our boundless wrath!"
    "Khantsievth! Do something!"
    "Everyone! Lay down your weapons and head to the northern cathedral!" A cleric in immaculate garb announces. "We need to launch the contingency plan!"

Anyone that can fly or glide jumps off the roof. The rest run and jump away, retreating against the rush of the resurgence. As more and more people die, Khantsievth's devotees come to a grim realization; now, they're outnumbered.

"Yes! Yes!" Xataxji spits out, his demonic body unfurled behind him as he holds a helpless angel in his hand. With a simple spell, it begins to deform, bones breaking and snapping. "Run for your wretched, worthless lives. Little do your know what awaits you below..."

The angel's life essence forms into a gem in Xataxji's hand, which he conceals. His forces hack and slash at everyone they can, and blood pools on what remains on the rooftop. They pursue the fleeing forces, and a demon flies down to notify the Rootforged.

"Don't let a single one of them get away!" A shout can be heard from behind. Musket and flintlock fire fills the air along with gunsmoke as Allysa leads her crew on a killing spree. Her crew takes anything of value dropped by the deceased as they follow anyone who runs.

Below...

A motorized carriage rushes through the streets, filled to the brim with corpses.

"It's a bloodbath up there, boss!" A devil chimes from the back. "Wonder if Treyble'll pay extra if we bring any 'miscellaneous items' with us."
    "It's way too dangerous," A man at the wheel responds. "I love getting paid and playing the act, but I'm not suicidal."

As the carriage turns the corner, the driver stops the vehicle. A plethora of archers, mainly elves, have blocked the way, aiming their bows at the vehicle.

"Demons," the leader of the group, Zacarias, announces. "What is the purpose of this vessel?"
    "Gah! He's a zombie!" One of the demons in the carriage yelp.
    "Quiet, Pokey." The man at the wheel stands up, then unsheathes his sword. "My answer depends on whose side you're on."
    "You're very brave, considering you're surrounded. If you must know, we are here to stop the summoning of Khantsievth."
    "Then we're allies. This vehicle contains all of the corpses that were being offered to Khantsievth... we stole it, and are on the way to dispose of them."
    "So you're stopping him too?..." Zacarias turns and thinks for a moment. He then turns to a scout behind him.

"Rynald," he begins. "I want you to tell the others to do anything they can to protect this vessel. Is that understood?"
    "Absolutely. You know I won't fail you..."
    "Everyone else, let them through!"

The archers spread out, and the vehicle continues along its way. The scout climbs up a building, then swings to the top of another, making his way to those further from the cathedral and those already in it. With the carriage gone, a demon flies down.

"Attention archers! The cultists at the cathedral are attempting to flee! Don't let a single one of them get away!"
    "Got it. Thank you for the information..."

Angels and demons soar from the rooftop to escape, but are felled by well-placed arrows and chains. People duck as they emerge from the cathedral, and are pelted with arrows. However, a gargantuan demon emerges from the doorway, and begins to fight back. Arrows bounce off its dense hide as it sends a wave of archers flying through the air and bludgeons dozens of others. Zacarias runs through the thick of it to interfere directly, restraining it with a plethora of roots. Then, with the raising of his hands, the roots run through its body, piercing the skin, and the demon is forced to suffer as a tree rapidly grows from inside of it.

This portion of Zacarias's forces took 3 damage. They now have 2 HP.

To be continued...

Next: The Northern Cathedral...
  • I haz confusion
  • edited May 2020
    I didn't read the whole thing. Does Ishka do anything?
  • // @KorandAngels TL;DR Ishka stayed with Lilith to protect her. However, I'm still not done resolving the situation at the cathedrals XD

• Uh oh, confusion is afoot
  • edited May 2020
    This dude thinks he can capture me, not die to my beast, and then attack me with a red attack?
    No, that's not hitting me. Just, no.
    And if it does, it does nothing.
  • edited May 2020
    I'm back! I'll try to wrap this summoning business up today!
  • edited May 2020

The Northern Cathedral, About an hour earlier...

Clerics in white robes are gathering, with Triscepters in their hands, and hopes in their hearts. Their counterattack against the summoning of Khantsievth; to summon Conse in the same city.

Hexist hymns have begun to be sung in the cathedral, minus any references to Nohel. A vast, open courtyard lies in the center, over half a mile wide and long. While nowhere near as large as the cathedral Khantsievth is being summoned at, it is being filled with more people.

The processions seem to be going fairly normal, with no interruptions. In the center of the courtyard lies an altar. A massive circle with a six-sided symbol is drawn in the center in blood, and lit torches are placed at each vertex. Then, the corpses are brought in. A massive pile of significant members of Khantsievth's unholy churches is taken to the center, along with several live, significant Nasitan officials. With the preparations finished, everyone gathers in the courtyard and takes a knell except the High Priestess of Hitcherald herself, who begins the summoning...

"Oh, dear Conse. We have brought before you your enemies. Hundreds of worshipers to Khantsievth, who sought to see your demise, have instead met theirs in your favor. Dear Decider, please bless us with your power so that we may bring your reckoning upon the world!"

The Nasitan officials begin to squirm as the colors of the flames begin to change. One turns a deeper shade of red, one, a bright white. Another turns a deep purple, and another turns ghostly black. But what about the other two flames?

"Conse... what's going on?"
    "I am here... Nohel's replacement is currently busy with other affairs, and Sprot has betrayed us."
    "Not Sprot as well..."
    "She was worthless to me anyways. She gave birth to the Bloodwood, the very evil that nearly destroyed the other clans..."
    "So... who will grant us the power of the gods now?"
    "The summoning can still be performed, but it will take much longer. And I have reason to believe that there isn't time for that."
    "Why do you say that?"
    "Forces were spotted on their way to the cathedral. You must be ready for them."
    "N-no..."
    "I am not lying. They seek to allow this world to be doomed. Your forces must stop them at all costs! Then... I will allow you to begin the ritual without the other gods."
    "Very well. Everyone! Prepare to fight!"

Everyone prepares their weapons and goes to their stations. Suddenly, purple spirals of energy begin to fall, many of them homed on the cathedral in the distance. However, some begin to fly towards this one...

"Archers on the roof! Engage!"

Arrows fly towards the balls of energy before they can even hit the rooftop. They form into wounded demons and devils, angels, and ragtag forces as they hit the roof with a bloody crash. Many of them are seriously injured or dead, but some survive. Very, very few land without getting struck.

This regiment of Xataxji's forces took 3 damage. They have 2 HP left.

"So... how are you holding up?" One of the more powerful demons joke to a goblin as they pull an arrow out of their chest. They have landed on the ground, near the entrance.
    "Just fine, but it seems like we've got quite the opposition," the goblin returns as a group of clerics come out the front gate.
    "Stand down, bastards!" One of them yells out. "You don't stand a chance!"
    "Please tell me you have a bomb on you..." The demon sighs.
    "Uh, yeah- hold on! Wait!"
    "Sorry, buddy! Survival of the fittest!" The demon yells as he breaths fire onto the goblin, lighting the fuse on a bomb strapped to the goblin's chest. As he flies into the air, he tosses the goblin into the entrance, and the resulting blast causes the entrance to collapse.

The demon flies onto the roof to face the archers, but he's followed by a frowning angel.

"Great," the angel scoffs. "How are Zacarias's men going to get in here now?"
    "S**t... no time to worry about it! Let's give these goody two-shoes a proper Nasitan welcome!"
    "You don't have to say that again," the angel replies as she unsheathes a whipblade, preparing to fight a group of archers aiming right at them...

30 Minutes Later...

"Alright soldiers! Our orders are to kill them all! Don't spare a single one of them!"

A regiment of elves moves through the city towards the Northern Cathedral. They plan to split into two groups in an attempt to ambush those within by attacking from multiple directions.

"There isn't any high ground nearby, and the front gate's blocked. We'll have to scale the walls and perform some aggressive recon before we can- GUEH!"
    "Commander!"

The elf leading the regiment is shot in the neck by an arrow. Shouting is heard from the roof, and no one knows what to do.

"C-cannons..." Someone finally blurts out, gulping. "Find cover! They're manning cannons!"

With a lack of tall buildings here, the street being incredibly narrow, and the enemy having the high ground, it's clear that the elves are out of their league. A few attempt to shoot the cannoneers, but to no avail. The rest flee as metal balls flies towards the regiment, killing dozens upon dozens of elves.

"No..." One of the elves tries to get things together, running into an alley. An elven war hero, but in no way a commander. "How... how many casualties are there? Someone tell me!"
    "Dao... run..." Another elf calls out from an alley across the street
    "No, Faro!"
    "They're... they're done for, Dao! They're all down!"
    "No! We have to have someone left-"
    "I only count 5 uninjured, ourselves included... they saw us coming, and we weren't ready. Our only chance is to fall back..."
    "Dammit... DAMN YOU ALL!"
    "Dao! Stop!"

Dao comes out from the alley and readies his bow. The arrows are enchanted with fire as he prepares a volley. He lets loose, but a gust of wind blows his direction, causing the entire volley to fall ever so slightly short. He fires another, compensating for the wind, but the cannoneers are prepared, hiding behind cover.

"Damn you... all to Hell! I'll kill every last one of- Yech..."
    "DAAAOOO!"

The cathedral's forces return with their own volley of arrows, several hitting Dao. He falls to his knees.

"I'm not going down without a fight! I won't let our comrades die in vain!"
    "NOOOOO!"

A chorus of more cannonball fire can be heard from the roof of the Cathedral. Dao doesn't move an inch as he fires more arrows, but it's to no avail. A cannonball strikes Dao directly, killing him instantly. Another destroys the wall Faro is hiding behind, and he's trapped under the rubble. Suffering utter defeat, the last of the elves says their last prayer as they bleed to death. The only three survivors do what they can to flee and report back to Zacarias...

This regiment of Zacarias's forces took lethal damage. Almost no one survived.
This discussion has been closed.