Arkanion - A RPG Campaign

Comments

• @smax765 your party needs you
  • i like the "burn burp and burn" typo in it xD
  • What's perpetually and how will it affect the spell?

I am looking at you, @cadstar369 and @LvB
  • edited November 2023
    @FireOfGolden perpetual effects are something from on MTG Arena that work exactly how one might expect: they modify the affected card(s) for the rest of the game. In the case of Burn, Burn and Burn! though, the card is completely nonfunctional in its current state, so I can only assume it's meant to be something like this:
    Burn, Burn and Burn! {x}{r}{w}{b} Sorcery

Piercing, starting intensity 0
    X can't be less than 4.

Perpetually increase the intensity of all cards you own named Burn, Burn and Burn! by X, then choose Y, where Y is Burn, Burn and Burn!'s intensity. You may choose the same mode more than once.
    • Burn, Burn and Burn! deals 2 damage to any target.
    • Put three +1/+1 counters on target creature.
    • Target creature perpetually gains decayed.
    This version breaks how modal spells work though, so it'd be better if it was more like this:

Burn, Burn and Burn! {x}{r}{w}{b} Sorcery

Piercing, starting intensity 4
    X can't be less than 4.

Choose Y, where Y is Burn, Burn and Burn!'s intensity. You may choose the same mode more than once.

• Burn, Burn and Burn! deals 2 damage to any target.
    • Put three +1/+1 counters on target creature.
    • Target creature perpetually gains decayed.

Increase the intensity of all cards you own named Burn, Burn and Burn! by X.

(In short, Burn, Burn and Burn! is meant to get better over the course of a fight as more mana gets dumped into repeated castings of it.)

P.S. – Are Rarg's two extra keywords, two new abilities, and two updated activated abilities allowed? I thought this wasn't that major of a level up.
  • @cadstar369
    Oh, I see now. The modified card will return back to normal, if effect didn't said "Until end of turn" or "Perpetually"?
  • edited November 2023
    Yeah @LvB if smax gets new abilities, I'd like to modify my level up character card too. Also, I thought you only get to increase power and toughness by 1, not 2.
  • edited November 2023
    @FireOfGolden it depends, since an effect like that doesn't end if it doesn't have a duration attached to it (e.g. Invoke the Winds), but having even a couple such effects in play would generally be virtually impossible to keep track of in paper. (This is partially why we have emblems and keyword counters instead of effects that directly grant keywords and such forever.)

In the case of Burn, Burn and Burn!, the first effect doesn't necessarily need to be "perpetual" (but should be for everyone's sanity), but the decayed effect being perpetual means the creature will have decayed even if it leaves the battlefield and comes back for any reason.
  • That's good to know!
  • LvBLvB
    edited November 2023
    Level 7 Rarg and "Burn Burn and Burn" are outside of the rules. Rarg has to many abilities and "Burn Burn and Burn" has piercing so thats a NO and beside of that its way to strong. So please rework those.
    And while we are at it, perpetually is hereby banned cause it makes fights more difficult. Keeping track of everything that happened some turns ago is no fun. Imagine if four players and the monsters would all use perpetual spells, that would be a mess.
    Theres already a lot of discussion going on during a fight, cause effects, buffs or counters are forgotten and perpetual would only make that worse.
  • Rarg updated:

And burn, burn and burn!

• @smax765 I don't think you're allowed to add afflict to Rarg for this level up. That aside, the current version of Burn, Burn and Burn! resets its intensity every time you cast it. (Regardless, perpetual effects were banned in the previous post.)
  • Ok, my fault for doing things fast. I'll make the cards when I can.
  • @smax765
    Rarg is balanced, but gained new abilities, while the rest of us didn't. I recommend the only difference between l6 and l7 rarg is +1 power and art.

• And you may overwrite existing ability with another ability while remaining in same power level. How did I know? I overwrited Wenkman with Archie.
  • @LvB
    Could you please rein in all the random discussion and continue the campaign?
  • @LvB
    I also would like to continue the campaign as Wenkman been kidnapped by the Creator out of nowhere. He said "Whoever has Wenkman's equipment shall be worthy being a member of party.' and pointed to an inn where it sells unqiue sodas.
  • After finishing your level ups you prepare to leave.
    You say farewell to the gnomes and to the other adventurer group, not knowing where they will go now, and then, together with demonica and her group of rogues you carefully sneak through the streets towards your hideout.
    But, after sneaking unnoticed through some streets you notice that more and more streets are guarded by Elves, the closer you get to your hideout. And so you have to change your route and adapt, but after a while you notice that on every crossroad there is now at least one elvish guard.
    You stop for a moment to decide and discuss what to do.
    "I think this elves are here because of the trouble you caused in the dwarfen fortress. The dwarves will probably be searching the fortress and the sewers while the elves secure the streets." Demonica says. "But thats still better as if dwarves were patroulling here now. We could try to convince to elves that we are harmless so they let us pass, or we could go back where no elves are yet, into the monster district to the monstercave Inn. But thats a risk cause im sure sooner or later they will search the monster district and the Inn. So your hideout might be better if we can get there."
    A. - Lets go back into the Monster District.
    B. - Lets head to our hideout.
    C. - Something else ...
  • edited November 2023
    "Hmmm. I don't like elves. They slaughtered quite a number of us in the War of the Ten Thousand Arrows, and we didn't seem able to land a single attack on them. Let's use our invisibility magic. Demonica? I'm sure you have hiding magic as well, don't you." Raulus grumbles.
  • Demonica thinks for a while. "I dont think that will work. Elves have really good eyes and ears and are able to feel magic. Sneaking past them while using magic that cloaks us will not work and only make us very suspicious to them. I think it would be best if we split up in two groups. My rogues will go first so we can see what happens. And then you and i and my loot we will try to look as harmless as possible. Just like normal citizens."
    A. - Lets go back into the Monster District.
    B. - Lets head to our hideout.
    C. - Something else ...
  • "Aaaaargggghhhh. I just hate elves. I agree to that, but neither you me or Duucxejial look quite harmless. As you said, elves are good at detecting magic, so your charm magic probably won't work on them." Raulus says.
  • Note: Archie isn't present in party for lore reason. You can find him at inn where you can buy soda.
  • edited November 2023
    Duucxejial is more interested in resolving the cryptic message that came with Wenkman's departure than participating in this event. Demonica's probably not charming her way past anyone with a heavy chest full of stolen loot in tow, and helping her is more likely to bite us again than make the situation any better.
  • Demonica has right. Elves have powerful senses so invisibility won’t be useful for us. 
    Rarg also wants to investigate about Wenkman…
  • LvBLvB
    edited November 2023
    And so you decide to head for the mysterious inn. Luckily, in that direction the way is still free of elves and the inn is not that far away. Demonica and her rogues decide to join you, probably because theres no elves where youre going. But, while going to the inn, mentioned by wenkmans mysterious creator, you can see groups of elves heading towards the monster district. Seems like they're up to something.
    But, be that as i may, you dont care and after some minutes you arrive at the inn.

New Quest:
    Create a card of the Mysterious Inn that was mentioned by Wenkmans Kidnapper.

A. - Ok, there we are, we should now ...

• edited November 2023
    Create a card of the Mysterious Inn that was mentioned by Wenkman's kidnapper.

Effervescent Inn

The one that snatched Wenkman mentioned looking for someone with the same equipment, so let's see if we can't find someone with a creepy staff and a runeshield.
  • edited November 2023
    @cadstar369
    "Can I help you, traveller?" Duucxejial would hear a sound from the behind. When he turns toward to the figure, he sees;

"Perhaps, you are looking for something to drink. If that is the case, I would be happy to sell some sodas to you. First soda's on house and second soda costs only four golds." The fox said, as he would wash the dirty mug after a person left the bar. He hesitated when he sees Demonica. He seems sketchy toward the demon.
  • LvBLvB
    edited November 2023
    But then almost immediatly he realizes that demonica has such nice hair that is almost the same color as the fur of foxes and her eyes, well if that aint fox eyes, you havent seen fox eyes before. And even her skin has a nice reddish color if you look close, almost the same color as a fox. But most important, she surely has a very sharp mind, tricky and cunning, just like a fox! On second thought, Archie thinks that he likes her....
    (Everyone likes Demonica xD)
  • edited November 2023

Realized she is trying to charm Archie.