Cardsmith League (Official)

Comments

• edited December 2023
    Ignore
  • @jpastor

You forgot to include 'Brushwag' as one of the prompts!
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567
    You know there's nothing I hate more
  • season x begins now!

• What does it mean that my current opponent is 'bye'
  • Happy new year and good luck in season ten! 
  • means you get the week off @thedarkknight123456789 - no match
  • edited January 8
    Nevermind
  • I can't seem to find the brackets for the current season. Could somebody send the link?
  • edited January 26
    Hm, so.... There's 54 pages on this discussion and the original post/page on this doesn't seem to contain all the info. Therefore excuse me the confusion @jpastor .
    I've checked @Jadefire 's link above, seems like not much has happened on Group C. Has the current season begun? Are we supposed to make accounts on this "challonge" website? Also, what is the "number followed by a little yellow symbol" on prizes?
  • Hi @Yururu - yes the season began. I've run into a bit of a work rut, but see some free time coming up soon. I'll be able to get back on track. The number + symbol is "Zib" - which is a fake currency you can use to purchase things here: Shop | Mystery Box World (2191jp.wixsite.com)
  • @Yururu
    if you create a challonge account for free - give me your username and I can make it to where you can get a notification each week on who you play against and that sort of thing.
  • In! Wherever you'd like to put me!
  • Got you down @MarvelousHavel
    welcome back!
  • Much appreciated!
  • February 2024 - Update

• Testing a new grading system where the initial grade of the card gets re-graded each week and may change based on your opponent's cards. 
    • Testing a new league format (in the background of the current season) that plays everyone in one division during the regular season, but Top 16 would make playoffs. In this new system, which won't impact the current season in any way, each cardsmith's name on Challonge reflects their true division. At the end of the regular season, the top seed for each division earns a champion prize package, even if they did not make the Top 16 for final showdown playoffs.
    What this all means?
    • You may notice your card scores change week-to-week if you're not making new cards, this is not a bad thing.
    • The testing of the new format does not impact anything. The current format remains intact: 3 Divisions (8 → 4) then Single Elimination
  • edited February 12
    A suggestion if it's not too much trouble: to mention the names of the cards, not just the ratings. It's a bit difficult to keep track on which cards were/are being considered.
  • @Yururu - on my profile, you can find sets for each cardsmith in the exact order of the grades listed online :) https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/jpastor/sets
  • Season 10 Update:

https://challonge.com/mtgcs10

We're going to switch from 7 cards per match to 1 card per match.

The season is now a Swiss format, which pairs people up based on previous scores. A Swiss season will end automatically when the system calculates a clear winner. 

5+ rounds for a clear winner. 16+ rounds and the season might end early due to Swiss pairing rules.

I should be able to complete at least one round per week, so the season length should be around 8-12 weeks as usual for 4 seasons a year.

Also, everyone's competitive rating has been reset. Everyone starts at 1200, including new players or returning players.

On the link provided, your division level will updated and shown next to your name as your rating changes over time. You can see the progress you've already made in the 4 matches you've played so far.

If you don't have a challone username, you should get one. It's free and will allow you to get email notifications for your next game so you know when it is and who you play against. Also, you'll be able to vote on matches which is kind of fun.

Cheers ? 
  • I may have missed this, but I'm missing Challonge usernames from the following cardsmiths. If you create one, it allows you to get an email notification with who you play against each match + profile pic and stuff like that.

@MarvelousHavel @Tonysparks @LvB @TheGamingBolasChannel @Andresyn @jaceberlin @Floodkiller45 @Hinges @FireOfGolden @Yururu @SuperCony2
  • Btw - welcome back to activity @Korora12, I've added you in to fill the 24th and final spot in this season - Season 10. https://challonge.com/mtgcs10
  • @jpastor Just made it. My username there is YururuWell.
  • I am a very unmotivated individual but I will get to it 
  • All set! Username is the same as on here.
  • Thanks for the welcome! I don't know how long it'll last, but I've been bored and feeling creative lately.
  • Am I able to join now, and if not, when does the next season begin? I may have few cards but my experience level is..pretty solid I think. I used to be an avid user around 2015-17 on a different account with 700+ cards (TheFriendlyGeek) and grew in my semantics and balancing so I think I could do B division.
  • @Venevose
    yes - next season - i will add you!