Hi guys, I talked with @ningyounk
a bit and decided we need to create a creative section to the Rezatta. I came in a bit late, but now I will almost solely be working on this section of the set.
This is our current situation for the lore...
Welcome to the plane of Rezatta which lives at the rythm of the muses cycle! At times it's a quite plane cloaked in a dull winter, but when the Muses return, they bring a spring full of inspiration for everyone. For some, it means creating art so beautiful it spontaneously comes to life. For others it means discovering new worlds or making huge scientific progress. But there are also tortured minds which, once inspired, just create more evil and crazy schemes.
A hidden society secretly plots to steal a Grand Muse, an etheral being of emotion, to harvest its power for themselves. In parallel of showing the wonders of Rezatta under the influence of the muses, the set follows the story of five character who fail at stopping this evil organization plot. Their failure leads to accidentally corrupting a Grand Muse which kill all the other Grand Muses and goes on a rampage while twisting everyone's emotions. The five heroes will finally manage to unite and deal with the corrupted muse. But making things right will require a much greater sacrifice as they themselves become the new Grand Muses to restore the emotional balance of Rezatta.
This is especially blurry. We still don't know. This is the characters we are the most likely to have:
1) Da Vinci as a character. So far, we've called him Avinzi. He's a genius in both science and art. We believe he likes to take ideas from other planes to get his most out-of-the-box creations. Notably, he could help resolve a conflict by bringing to this plane artefacts from other planes like hedrons of Zendikar or moon shards from Innistrad that are known to seal problematic entities if we put one in the story (a Corrupted Muse storyline is one of many under discussion.)
2) Ekoma Rai. She's the character among the five original characters that made the strongest impression. She's a blue-aligned musician that is mute, causing her to be uncomfortable in most situations. She can express her feelings and thoughts through music though.
These are the other characters we talked about:
1) Salendi Kortha is the red-aligned original main hero. She's a female painter that's gregarous and unabashed. We've talked about making her a dude to avoid the Chandra comparison.
2) Maren Faresight is the green-aligned original main hero. He's an elf and a poet. He's introspective but wise.
3) Jennel of Matereth is the white-aligned original main hero. He's an aven that's outspoken and a natural leader. (You'll notice most of them are a little too close to their Gatewatch counterpart.)
4) Kedrah Selme is the black-aligned original main hero. He's the only one who is not an artist as he steals the creations of others to combine them. He's cynical, arrogant, and devilishly charming.
5) Vicine is a black-aligned character that was mentioned for a "Cult" storyline. His main role is to betray the heroes, then switch to the bad guys side and betray them too.
6) As I mentioned above, a Mona Lisa planeswalker would help reinforce the Renaissance theme. I pictured her as black-aligned and secretive though not necessarily evil.