Arkanion - A RPG Campaign

Comments

• i just forgot that Blue is U, not B.
    I meant 1 Blue Mana with "B".
  • LvBLvB
    edited December 2023
    After a while everyone comes back to the cart. Meanwhile Eldric was busy and did put all of the adventurers stuff, that was in the hideout, on the cart. And he even decorated the cart with some branches of needle-trees and did hang some candle-lamps on the cart to "scare away the monsters" as he says. But to be honest, the cart doesnt really look like it could scare anything away. Since you have some hours left before you have to leave you could improve the cart a bit, either by using magic or by adding stuff. The woodlords manor has all kind of items and as long as they arent too expensive, Igar doesnt care about sharing things.

New Optional Quest:
    TOGETHER create the adventurers cart. It is a vehicle and each adventurer may give it exactly one ability.
  • @LvB
    Am I involved? And how about the turtle?
  • That Quest is for all the players. The turtle is not a player and will just watch what you create ^^
  • @LvB
    Then I shall give the cart the ability listed on its card, which I shall update when the others add their abilities:

Representing Raulus's addition of cannons that fire elemental dragon whelps into enemy ranks to sow chaos from within. I shall introduce Dorag the turtle Anarchist to the rest of the party. @cadstar369 @FireOfGolden I recommend one of you add a defensive ability to synergize with the offensive ability I added to the cart.
  • edited December 2023
    @kaoz42 you’ve given the cart two abilities; please pick one of them. That aside, I doubt any weapon of that level can be passed off as a mere cart; how are we possibly going to get that out of the city?
  • @cadstar369
    What do you mean, two abilities, does crew count?
    Anyway, how about hidden cannons?
  • @kaoz42 Crew N is an activated ability that not all vehicles have. That aside, if you think Raulus can hide cannons in an average cart, by all means justify it.
  • edited December 2023
    @cadstar369
    Fine, but could you gimme an example of a vehicle without crew? And maybe you're right about the cannons, but unfortunately crafting an ability for the cart seems very difficult for me right now. Maybe somebody else could give it an ability first?
  • Maybe it helps when you think about the final card how it should look. Cause there must be enough space for three different abilities + crew.
    Example:

• @kaoz42 see these cards. I have a utility ability in mind for the cart (working on the wording and limitations at the moment), but I'm not sure it's worth it when LvB seems to be implying we'll be getting into fights with it rather often.

@LvB that example is rather misleading. Nonfunctional wording aside, not only is Crew N not required for vehicles, but you appear to be assuming that, at least, 1) nobody will choose to add a keyword ability, 2) nobody will abstain from from the quest, 3) one or more players will cause severe space issues, and 4) the cart will be consistently used in battle, which leaves me concerned as to the basis of some of those assumptions.
  • LvBLvB
    edited December 2023
    Chill, it is just an example. Final card doesnt have to be exactly like that.
  • @cadstar369
    Did you just forget that we have an illusion mage?
  • Archie will offer an ability to Adventurers Cart;
    "Whenever a creature crews with Adventurers Cart, its controller creates a soda token or puts a common scroll into their hand." (Common scrolls are only sorcery or instant and requires two mana, a discarded card of only one color to pick level 2 same color instant/sorcery from library.)
  • @FireOfGolden
    We don't know whether it has crew yet, and could you explain scrolls more clearly? I didn't quite understand, does the owner search their library for an instant or sorcery? Or what? Or are they token instant/sorceries?
    Here's the updated card, which can fly because of my ability:

• @kaoz42
    Okay, let me rephrase that;

Scroll is subtype to either instant or sorcery. In hand, it requires you to pay 2 mana then discard a color card and exile this scroll. If you do, you search your library for a spell costed for 2 mana that shares same type and color then cast it from ths library rather than paying for its mana cost. Library then is shuffled.

Scroll itself cannot be countered unless you can counter its ability. That is the only upside.
  • @kaoz42 given what's been said so far, it appears scroll tokens function something like this:
    [Rarity] Level N [Color(s)] [Theme(s)] Scroll
    Artifact Token – Scroll

{2}, Discard a [color(s)] card, Sacrifice this artifact: Search your library for a [rarity] [color(s)] [theme(s)] card with mana value N or less and cast that card without paying its mana cost, then shuffle.

(Bracketed parameters are optional, and there's plenty of space to play with other types of restrictions as well.)
    ~~~Example~~~

Common Level 2 Blue Scroll
    Artifact Token – Scroll

{2}, Discard a blue card, Sacrifice this artifact: Search your library for a common blue spell with mana value 2 or less and cast that card without paying its mana cost, then shuffle.
    This raises the question of what constitutes a PC's library though, so perhaps changing "search your library" to "conjure" would work better:
    [Rarity] Level N [Color(s)] [Theme(s)] Scroll
    Artifact Token – Scroll

{2}, Discard a [color(s)] card, Sacrifice this artifact: Conjure a [rarity] [color(s)] [theme(s)] card with mana value N or less and cast that card without paying its mana cost.
    Regardless, this would turn FireofGolden's ability something along the lines of:
    Whenever a creature crews ~, its controller may create a Soda token or a Common Level 2 Scroll token of the color of their choice.

~~~

Duucxejial will add a hidden padded storage compartment to the cart.
    Secret Compartment – {0}: Return any number of permanents in exile with storage counters on them to the battlefield under your control, then exile any number of artifacts you control and put a storage counter on each of them. Permanents entering or leaving the battlefield this way don't cause abilities to trigger.

(Would have liked to make it shorter, but then it'd almost certainly end up broken down the line.)

• LvBLvB
    edited December 2023
    And if you make the abilities text to long, probably not all three abilities will fit on the card.
  • There's currently still a modicum of space left in the first mock-up where I've copied Duucxejial's ability verbatim, but if necessary we can always channel LvB with something like the second mock-up.
    Adventure CartAdventure Cart
  • edited December 2023
    @cadstar369
    Uh, how did you get access to the artwork?
    EDIT: Here's my updated cart, with a foil version as well:

• @kaoz42 I took a screenshot… (What did you expect?)

That said, pending smax765's return, shall we give the cart crew 2 (so each party member can crew it alone) and continue with the story in the meantime?
  • Yes, lets continue. You can finish the cart later.

After improving the cart you look at your work. The cart is now hovering half a feet over the ground, which might come in handy, should there be difficult terrain like mud and its automated soda dispenser is also quite useful. Its secret compartment is the perfect place to hide raulus selfmade furniture golem dragon engine, that, to admit it, looks more and more unstable the longer it is active. It has even lost some screws, but so far, seems to work fine. More or less.
    After remembering you, not to forget to tell the dwarves at the city gates that you are noble knightlings of luxeria and working for Igar the woodlord, you say farewell and leave. At the city gates the dwarves look mistrustful at you, but as you tell em who you are and what your mission is, an elf appears, seemingly out of nowwhere, that looks strangely familiar to Dalerrion, but he is wearing the clothing of an Elven Officer this time. "It is true what they say. I have heard about their mission. And Igar is one of the few honest men in this city and only cares about the cities safety. His people can be trusted." After hearing this the dwarves let you pass and there you are, back on the road again.

But what now? Where will you go first?
    A. - First lets go to Lastwood Village and then decide what to do next.
    B. - Lets go to Lastwood Forest and search for Villagers there.
    C. - Lets go to the Soulless Swamp and see what we find there.
    D. - Take the Portal near Lastwood that leads to the Megantic Mountains!
    E. - Lets search the Landscape around Lastwood for portals that lead to even stranger places.
  • We should probably begin with confirming the status of the cleric that was Lastwood's only survivor. (voting for A)
  • edited December 2023
    Raulus also votes for A, and introduces Dorag the turtle-folk to the group.
  • LvBLvB
    edited December 2023
    As your cart slowly hovers along the road, after a while you see a large tent on the side of the road that wasnt here the last time you passed by. The tent itself looks like an average tent and theres nothing special about it. Its even a bit shabby like it has seen a bit of bad weather.
    A. - Look into the tent: "Hello? Anyone here?"
    B. - Lets move on, we dont have time for this.
  • edited December 2023
    @LvB
    Raulus will introduce the turtle NPC to the party. Meanwhile, Raulus will observe the tent carefully from afar. (Reflavoring of A, plus the introduction.)
  • Duucxejial will respond to Dorag's introduction with polite skepticism, then knock carefully at the entrance of the tent.
  • Nothing happens, so you enter the tent curious, but careful. On the inside it looks a lot finer. A large rug is lying on the ground and large comfortable pillows are piled up on the "walls". An oil lamp is hanging down from the tents centre on a chain and under it is a table with a ornamented tablecloth on it. On the table sits a crystal orb and it looks like there is fog or mist whirling inside the orb.
    Opposite to the tents entrance there is a separate space, divided from the main room by blankets or carpets hanging down from the tents "roof".

Optional Quest for everyone:
    Create the tent as a card.

As you slowly move towards the table, you see movement from the separated space and between the hanging carpets a woman appears. She is not very large and seems to be of older age. Her whirly hairs are a mix of black and grey and she is wearing colorful clothing, a lot of amulets and a ring on each finger. Her ears are a bit pointy and that, together with her small stature makes you think that she could may be a Halfling.
    "Ah, there you are! What took you so long? Come, grab yourself some pillows, sit down and let me tell you about your future!" she says with a smile.
    (Here every Character has to decide for themself)
    A. - Oh, that's interesting, yes, tell me about my future!
    B. - I'm not really interested in being scammed.

• Duucxejial seats himself on a small pillow. If this is even half as interesting as it appears, I won't mind spending a few moments listening.