UPDATES and ISSUES

Hey everyone!

Looks like the folks at MTGCardsmith are instituting some updates!

Whenever you find an issue, please report it either in here or on the Discord channel.

https://discord.gg/KFcKwPmS

Comments

• edited May 3
    Hiyo! It seems like the "Recent Card Commentary" on the main page isn't updating.
    It might be useful to send something on "Recent News" of the main page regarding the update/reporting issues too, since people sometimes don't use the forum that often.
  • ..the normal green card frame is currently the card-frame for legendary green cards. For the other colors it's ok. Can this be changed back? thanks!
  • edited May 6
    I have noticed the site logs me out every day, and before it did not.
    I have also noticed the card commentary is not updating

As far as new features...
    There is a new Discord link ad on the main page, as well as some card printing links that were previously unavailable. MTG proxy - MTG proxy print - MTG card maker

• When I create a planewalker, the second and third loyalty changes (like "+2" or "-1") are not taken along when generating a high resolution image - the box remains blank (black).
  • edited May 9
    Hello! Thank you for reporting all the little bugs we find due to all the updates.
    A home page part "what's new" is a great idea, I will work on this.

Planeswalkers frames and positioning were updated yesterday to 1200 dpi. The minus symbol was also fixed! Thank you to the person who reported it on the discord.

I will be mainly active on Discord for any form of support/bug report.

The new backlinks at the bottom  were purcahased by external websites to optimize SEO.

Regarding new features:

1) Editor is now a LIVE editor
    2) Generating a card went from very low quality to very high 1200 dpi quality.
    3) Frames were all updated to 1200dpi HD frames
    4) Planeswalker frames updated too.
    5) Token frames partially updated. We still need to update some of them.
    6) Popular cards on the homepage now only considers popular cards SINCE we've updated the quality, so about 2 weeks ago from now.
    7) I have removed most of the ads on the site, and kept it to a minimum.

Coming soon are:
    - New updated frames from recent sets.
    - FULL art frames/card design in M15 editor.
    - Ability to move X/Y any text on the frame to fit any frame.
    - And a big surprise that I have yet to announce ;) Some hints were drop on the discord!

Thank you everyone for all the help
  • thanks for the fixes! ..I'm not really active on discord, so I'll keep trying this old-fashion way ;)
    Currently I have a really weird bug, that in italic text, after the letter "f", there is an additional space added by the rendering of the card. See screenshot; only seems to happen with this letter (f).

• For some reason, my card image on this site loads poorly. Sometimes it loads fine, sometimes it doesn't load at all. Not sure why.
  • Featured card is hd - popular feed / recent feed is not - due to shrinkage?

• Something I've noticed while making cards is that the text wrapping is really bad. I frequently have text running off the side of the card and have to manually insert line breaks to get it to fit properly.

Weirdly, I've also encountered the opposite, where a long word was bumped to the next line despite having plenty of space on the previous line.

Relatedly, I also noticed what someone a couple of posts up noticed, about the inexplicable extra space after every italicized "f" (in addition to poor kerning overall, but it's usually not as bad as the f).
  • @unboxedcereal
    The text wrapping issue existed before the server update.
    One thing that might cause a word to be bumped to the next line is the use of any {}-symbols (including mana symbols) which the text wrapping considers to have more width than they do.

It would be nice to get that fixed, though.
  • Yeah, if there was even a way to force text to stay on the same line to override the automatic text wrapping, that would be helpful.
  • Can any of the mods help me get my main account Tonysparks, it was linked to a google email but not registered with it. It would suck to lose that account.
  • Rn that email directs me to a dud account Martial Menace, and I would rather lose that than Tonysparks.
  • I want to second the need for a fix on the odd spacing after italicized f's.
  • Hello!
    Homepage previews are all Thumbnail preview, open the image to have the HD version.
    This helps make the site load and navigate faster.

Text frame only needs a start point, you will break line manually.
    Especially as we're going to release new frames soon, you're in charge to fit your text. It just means "press enter" (lol)

Looking into the F's. It's really odd.
  • Blaat, the F in italic has been fixed :)
    Thank you for reporting this!
  • @Suleman
    I haven't noticed any wrapping issues with special symbols; the incident where I noticed this was just ordinary text. As you can see, there's definitely room for the word "indestructible" to stay on the first line (especially considering the overrun I constantly see in other cases) but it's wrapping anyway.

• @smithroot how come when I try to delete a card, nothing happens? It's rather frustrating. I can't make cards until I delete my collection.
  • @smithroot

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't seem to find the 'forums' button from the homepage, or any page for that matter. Am I just missing something, or is this something that should be addressed?
  • Jpastor, delete has been fixed yesterday.
    DarkKnight, we've put it in the  bottom as we focus on the discord  more.
  • Many thanks
  • More of a request than an issue. Is there a way for premium users to update old cards without having to re-upload the artwork? 
  • hi guys and @smithroot

i'm on on my work computer for this message so can't post to discord, but noticed a couple people's cards lately don't show a preview image after being published. This just happened to me, and i see some people have tried to republish the same card more than once with failure.

• @greencircleyall
    Unfortunately not. The site doesn't store the card's image separately (which is what they'd have to do to allow this) as this would rapidly fill up the servers
  • @greencircleyall
    on pc you can just snippet the image,,, windows+shift+s
    on a phone, you can download the card, upload to a photo editor to crop it and then save the cropped image (3 minutes)
  • When I click on the "create new card" button, it forces me to make a full art card. I was wondering if this is something to be addressed, or if I am just missing something.

Thanks!
  • @smithroot: I cannot do a couple things. They are below.
    -create planeswalkers. It says the art is not sufficient, although it meets every. Single. Criteria.
    -the {cost} system is weird. You can see this on my card “Jack The Ripper” (card is below.)
    I am also working on a mobile device, so that might be the issue…

here’s the example of the {cost} system being wonky. I have not tried to create cards in the last couple days, but I make most of em on the weekends, so we’ll find out soon if that’s still there.

• Sorry if it’s hard to see… it’s weird right next to the tap symbol.
  • @CrimsonFox I know you can't store the images separate from the cards, but could you just grab the image from the previous card, at least in certain card frames?  As long as you aren't altering the card art or frame, you could just start with what you already had.  You could even just have the option to have the previous card image be the new full art card art. It wouldn't be too hard to program, and would save a lot of trouble, especially for those of us that work on more than one device and don't often have access to old card images.