Planar Bang

Comments

• edited May 2020
    WBG Zunesha by @spookoops

(The set is linked on the image.)

A group of elite mercenaries that take advantage of the fading nature of the plane for transport and protection, hiding in their own floating movile island.

Exploiting the rules of our world for our benefit is after all one of the most advanced of human instincts.

A very nice idea and in very fitting colors both mechanically and flavorwise W uses fading the most, G was already established as a color that resists fading in the plane, and B works for the nature of their work in addition to aiding in not fading into nothing, a very good and fitting color identity with a lot of good flavor.

URW Toikalli's Aides by @SpellPiper2213

A faction dedicated to the study of dreams, reality, and overall the wold of Draumdrazil, guided by a human wizard named Toikalli The Hexmage; an idea that I find very interesting and fitting for such a world

URW are the perfect colors for such a faction, both for flavor in the research of dreams, but also mechanically as it's the color combo that has prowess and cares the most about noncreature spells, two things wich fit the world perfectly.

I pressume there are other wizards helping her and that she might teach some too, havent asked spellpiper haha.

(Sorry for having to have sent it in parts, it was a lot of text haha)
  • edited May 2020
    One Faction is Still Missing!

Indeed one there is still (at least) one faction missing to complete the cycle!

The colors of that faction would be non other than BRG!

"But there is a BRG faction as one of the entries!" I hear you say, and while that is true, that faction being Maolulu by @Hergusbergus, it and the other 4 factions that hergus did alongside it are very well made, with superb quality and a lot of flavor and lore and would, in a more common fantasy setting have for sure won multiple spots, in a world such as Draumdrazil these factions are not as fitting.

They're very well made but are very detatched from the setting as a whole, in addition to being very interdependent making it hard to add only one separate from the others.

Thus I did not add it as a winning entry. (But all of those factions will get an honorable mention when I make those lol.)

So, to finish off this stage, this is your challenge! Create a fitting BRG faction to close off the current cycle!

You may alter prexisting factions you've made if you want, you may also add factions of color combos that arent currently represented, if they're well made and I have enough good ones (wich entires for the first part of Stage Three will still count for) I may decide to add them on top of the faction that will close the current cycle. But a BRG faction is what's nessesary!

You have until the end of May 31!

Once again sorry for the delay!
  • edited June 2020
    After the human factions returned, their constant fighting within their borders soon summoned the nightmares.

(Cards by @Abu_Jafar and @CatFish21sm)

The nightmares ravaged the human factions and left them to the dust. Maolulu prevailed for a longer time than the other factions thanks to two new species discovered: The viashino, and the demons. After discovering these powerful beings living in communities underground, Nafi welcomed them into the empire. A demon with no name requested to enter the servitude of the Emperor, to which Nafi accepted, and named her Nafini after himself. Weeks past as humans, viashino and demons fought the nightmares, but it was almost no use. Traditional Maolulu combat tricks had no effect on the nightmares, and the humans soon were swept away, including Nafi, who's last dying wish was to see Maolulu rise again. This is when a new emperor stepped forward to maintain order between the viashino and the demons:

Empress Nafini, Empress of Daggen

Nafini renamed Maolulu to Daggen, the demonic word for Resurgence. The bulk of the army were the Viashino, aggressive and full of magic.

They were commanded under General Nizali, who was invincible against the nightmares. His courage he brought forth against the nightmares was unmatched.

After defeating nightmares, the Viashino notice that spirits lie within them. Once liberated, these spirits helped fight against the nightmares.

After liberating a part of the plane from nightmares, Nafini sends in demonic guards to sleep there, and if nightmares dared approach, they would be met with fierce defenses.

Then were the elite. Nafini fused demonic souls that have fallen in battle with the spirits who were liberated, and a new war machine was created.

The fight against the Daggen and the Nightmares still proceed to this day.
  • (Ok I am confusion.)

• edited June 2020
    Oh shit I said 31, for some reason I thought I said 1 lol

okay I was going to  say that if no one put forth entries for today I'd extend the deadline, I see one new entry has been made, although with lore for the factions I said didnt make it regardles of their quality attached to it? (I agree with the confusion comment lol)

If anyone needs more time say now!

You have until early tomorow to say!

I'll post tomorow to say if the deadline is extended

If no one says before that then I'll add the newest faction from Hergusbergus as the new faction as default as it fits all the characteristics needed, is well made, fits into the world, and can be added separately from the other factions they've made
  • I'm currently working on a faction partly focusing on reacting to spells
  • Same, this week has been completely crazy for me a couple more days would be appreciated!

• edited June 2020
    I haven't been involved in this since I submitted a plane for step 1, so I suppose I may as well join in now!

Throughout all of my reading this discussion centered around dreams, I noticed that one very important thing about sleep and dreams has been notably absent:

Waking Up.

That's where the Awakened, my submission for a BRG faction, come in. Led by an elf named Kala Razi, they believe that this world would be better off without all the dreams and nightmares and whatnot. They go around, attempting to "wake up" the plane's inhabitants from their "dreaming," with the end goal being finding the Dreaming Tree and waking up the Dreamer itself.

The Awakened use a brand-new keyword, appropriately called Awaken!

Awaken (Whenever this creature is dealt damage, if it isn't Awake, it becomes Awake.)

They have special techniques tailored for killing things born from the imagination, sometimes even being able to destroy dreams before they even leave the mind.

Some in the Awakened use necromancy to make people rise from a different type of sleep. Rillesi is one of Kala's most trusted advisers, and the greatest necromancer in the Awakened.

Others have an almost religous zeal towards the awakening of the world, and jump whole-heartedly into the idea that pain wakes you up.

Well, there you have it! There's not a ton of lore, as I just decided to let the cards do the talking on this one.
  • @Aggroman15 I really like the concept behind the cards actually. The only nitpick is that Awaken is basically Enrage, but "worse" since it activates only once.
  • edited June 2020
    ooh I like it

and tbf it does allow for different power levels for the ability when compared to enrage

it's like a fusion of enrage and monstrous
  • The Deadline Will be Extended!

You have until the 7th to post your entries!

I believe that'll be more than enough time for everyone that wants to submit entries
  • edited June 2020
    Darkland Apostle Dreamhunter Fiend Darkland Foremost Fierce Imagination

The Darkland is an area of Draumdrazil where dreams are nothing more than another resource in a vicious cycle of life, death, and hunger. Many of its denizens have adapted a natural reaction to dreams in order to make the most of that resource, with various creatures having unique abilities because of this. Some outsiders who have studied the Darkland and those who live in it suggest that the Darkland itself is dreaming these creatures into existence, and their adaptions are all part of its dream.
  • edited June 2020
    @SpellPiper2213 Darkland Apostle says Darkland Wanderer in its text box.

• Also, for Awaken, I figured that making it a state that they enter rather than a trigger that happens multiple times allows for things like abilities they only have if they're awake, and things that care about if something is awake. So I think that compared to Enrage, although they have similar activations they have different functions, so I see Awaken as closer to Renown or Monsterous.
  • very noice
  • The Broken are strange beings that exist outside the realm of dreams and nightmares, but somehow between them. No one knows if they have intelligence of their own, or if they themselves are merely fleeting thoughts. What people do know is that they are very powerful and neigh invulnerable. They appear to be completely neutral, neither aiding nor harming either dreams or nightmares. Whatever their origin one thing is obvious. They are all incomplete. They all appear to be pieces of a puzzle that once put together would be unimaginable in both scope and scale. Or perhaps they are all completely unrelated. No one truly knows. One thing that is know though, is that there are a vast number of them, they all dwell in a strange residence beyond the Monolith Gate, a strange gate connecting alternate realms to the dreamality. It's thought that these creatures are both nightmares and dreams, created by the dreamer in incomplete forms from incomplete worlds that get mashed together behind the door way that no one dares to cross.

My new faction is the Broken, the story pretty much sums it up. Check them out, and hope you like them!
    image image
    image image
    image image
  • Hmm... they all seem rather... Broken.
  • hmmm noice
  • @Abu_Jafar That cracked me up lol. ;P
  • That was good @Abu_Jafar!
  • Last Day of Stage Three!

anyone still needs time?
  • Stage Three Has Ended!

The winner will be annunced soon!
  • (winner will be posted today as soon as I can write it all down haha)
  • edited June 2020
    Stage Three Is Completed!

So, finally stage three is done!

And only one faction has been decided to fill the whole that was missing, no factions other than that one will be added to the winners for this stage!

So, what faction might this be?

Well, I believe I've chosen the most fitting one for the plane among the submitions, the one which's flavor and lore both work with and bring a new spin to the world of Draumdrasil!

The New Major Faction is!:

The Awakened by @Aggroman15

A faction that wants to see the world wake up from it's dreaming state!

In a world such as Draumdrasil that concept could be manifested in so many ways, and from how Aggroman has described it I believe the faction basically wellcomes anyone that subcribes to any of those iterations of the idea.

From those that seek enlightment or freedom from the chaotic nature of a world of dreams to religious zealots that seek to force others and the world to wake up; from those that seek to awaken from more symbolic dreams like necromancers and those that seek enlightment to even those that would seek what could potencially be the end of the world itself, if not the world as they know it by awakening The Dreamer themself!

In addition to sporting a very fitting new mechanic that is tacked onto creatures and appearing in colors that could easily sport a noncreature hate subtheme (to contrast the plane's whole noncreature theme) the faction fits perfectly for it's colors and flavor.

So that's the last winner of Stage Three!

Honorable Mentions will be posted probably tomorow and Stage Four will be started soon after them!
  • Thank you very much! All the other factions were quite well made, so I'm very flattered to have been picked for the final faction.
  • Draumdrasil*
  • well it was a very good entry too!

and how well the entry works with the world and previously stablished things about it is very important (arguably the most important thing, as even if your entry is perfect in every other way if it doesnt fit the world it wont make it in)

your entry felt like the most fitting and played well with the world it was made for

and lol ye sorry, forgot to check the spelling xP
This discussion has been closed.