Tournament of Champions 3 (The game has begun!)

Comments

• "Here it is. I'm finished!" shouted Dreg.

"Are you sure this will work? I know that you goblin experimenters go pretty crazy with your experiments, and that they often blow up in the face of the user. I won't use this unless your sure it won't kill me." stated Dakros.

"It will work. I'm sure of it. Once I give you this, you will be able to take on any dragon, as long as there isn't more than two of them. There, you can take a look." Dreg replied.

Dakros peeked into the room, then his eyes found the floating ball of lightning.

"It's a ball of lightning! How am I supposed to carry this?" exclaimed Dakros.

"He. You won't be carrying it. It will follow you. Unfortunately for you, since I made this for you, you won't be able to use it in the tournament." After Dreg said that, the ball of lightning flied next to Dakros. Suddenly, a loud horn sounded. The ball of lightning immediately flied back to the pedestal.

"Well, it is time for us to go. Let's go see the first tournament."
  • Match 1 - introduction

The hour had finally arrived. The first match and thus the tournament would soon start.
    The streets outside of the arena was sprawling with citizens, merchants and gamble dealers. 
    The arena itself had been filled for more than an hour already where the other games and performances were taking place, before the fight would begin. 

Elos stood behind the iron gate and watched the current game take place. 
    Soldiers of two unknown factions where participating in combat, though not lethal as they mostly hit each other with blunt swords and daggers. As much as Elos knew they all looked like Vosanovian soldiers. 

The game participated for a short while longer until one of the faction had won. The audience cheered, the winning soldiers bowed and some other host proclaimed the winners. The soldiers who lied down stood up and waved to the audience as they began to leave the arena. 
    "- But of course, you are not here to see our boys play games with each other. You have come here today to see blood, to see two warriors fight for honor, glory, gold, maybe even love." The host shouted with his arms stretched out. The audience shouted "yes!"
    "Then let there be steel against steel, let there be blood, let there be maybe even death. Ladies and gentlemen! Let the game begin." He said as he began to walk out the same way where the soldiers earlier had disappeared. 

The western gate opened up and out came Nadja and Daniel, walking. 
    They waved to the audience. "Welcome!" Nadja shouted. "Welcome to the first match of the Kiserova tournament. For long have we all waited for this day to finally come, for long have we held anger and confusion within ourselves that we can finally let out here, in this show of strength, skill and mind. Two contestants have arrived here today to fight for a chance to take down the crown and take the title of champion!" Nadja shouted. 

"The rules are simple. The contestants are allowed to take into the arena the equipment they can carry, no stolen items are allowed. All weapons, tools, herbs and other things that are found in the arena may be used. Each contestant can bring a team to fight with them, but only if we have allowed them to do so. Each match will be fought in an arena that has been chosen to even the odds for the contestants, so that the matches not are over before they have even begun. The contestants will fight either until one surrenders or is incapable of surrendering. Death is not required." Daniel said loudly.

"Shall we let the contenders enter the arena?" Shouted Nadja. The audience cheered. 
    "Then let me present, the first to fight under Medirna's banner. A girl that was raised a warrior in a distant land. She was lost but finally she had found a reason to continue HER fight, which she will here today. Akuma, the pride of Takenuma!" Nadja shouted. 

The northwestern gate opened and out came Akuma. The audience cheered. 

"He was good for nothing, worth nothing. A boy alone  and forgotten. But he would not be alone forever for one day he would show himself worthy when he drew a magical sword from a stone. From that day he knew that he would pursue the path to become a true hero, and now he is here. Under Gwendolyn's banner he fights this day. Elos, the rising hero." Daniel said loudly.  

Elos shook his head before he walked out the gate. "They are only playing on the anticipation of the audience. A few lies does not matter much. What matters now is that we win this." said Daybreaker. 

Akuma and Elos met in the middle of the arena beside Nadja and Daniel.
    Nadja and Daniel nodded to the contestants, then they turned around and walked back out of the arena. 

"Contestants, take your positions and prepare yourselves." Said a tall man that stood beside Valierielle on the balcony. 
    Akuma took a firm grip of her sword's hilt. Elos took on him his helmet and drew his sword. 

Then a short silence followed before Valierielle said.
    "Let the fight begin!" 
  • aaaaa i'm excited
  • edited July 2020
    Match 1 - Fight! 
    @Usaername vs @Ydoplus_of_Forduuath
     VS                                                        

Elos was just about to bow when Akuma came dashing forward. She swung her sword straight out of its sheath towards Elos' neck. Elo had his sword too low so he instead blocked the sword with his right hand. Akuma followed the movement further and swiftly turned around her right with the sword following her movement. She tried to strike Elos in the backside of the neck but her attack came in a bad angle so it his his armor instead. Elos turned around but Akuma kicked his right leg and he fell onto his knees.

"What are you doing Elos, fight!" The sword said. 

Elos found a good balance and threw himself right towards Akuma. He swung horizontally at her but Akuma managed to duck beneath the blade. Elos kicked Akuma's head with his right leg. Akuma rolled to the side and managed to stand up on her legs. She was bleeding from her nose and she was clearly somewhat dizzy. 

"Pick off that f*cking armor and fight like a man!" Akuma shouted before she could gather her thoughts. 

"I fight without armor the day you fight with honor. So not today." 

"Honor? What do you know about honor, you can't even fight for yourself!" Akuma growled while she wiped blood from her face. She lowered herself down to wipe her hand in the sand. 

"You wi-" Akuma threw sand onto Elos as he spoke. 

Elos covered his eyes but Akuma was soon upon him. She swung an over-head strike towards Elos' head. The blade bounced on his helmet and down between them as Akuma came onto him. Akuma then grabbed Elos' helmet and tried to force it off. Elos grabbed her and head-bashed her head. He pushed her away. He then fixed his helmet. The helmet had been rearranged so he could not see enough to make a counterattack. The attack had failed but Akuma's attack had hurt his head enough so that he had to focus. 

Akuma raised herself once again. She wobbled around a little as he had problems keeping her balance and her face was now covered in blood. 
    Elos looked at her and even felt slight pity for her. Though they were still fighting. 
    "You should surrender, Akuma." He said. 

Akuma did not respond. Her eyes were wide open, filled with fury. She raised her sword into a middle-low stance and moved towards him with uneven steps. She was breathing heavily as she dashed towards Elos once again. Elos easily blocked the attack and forced Akuma's blade down into the ground with his own. Akuma's hands were too low to be able to grab his helmet now. Akuma approached him. Then she spit blood into his face. 
    She drew Elos right leg so he fell backwards. The same second Elos landed, he felt an
    intense pain in his neck.
    "You should surrender yourself or I cut your f*cking head off!" Akuma shouted. She held a tanto blade into his neck under the helmet. 

Elos tried to pushed her but Akuma pushed the blade further into his neck. Blood was streaming from the wound. "Surrender!" She shouted once again. 
    After a few seconds, Elos raised his hand. "I surrender!" he said. 
    "Louder!" Akuma said.
    "I surrender!" Elos now shouted. 

Akuma released him and moved a short distance from him. She sat there. 
    Elos grabbed his neck as he stood up. He looked at her. He did not know if she was crying of happiness, sadness or if she was really crying at all. He took up his sword, looked at Akuma a last time before he walked towards the exit to find someone that could treat his wound.

"The tournament has its first winner!" 

• Match 1 - Winner!

@Usaername

Congratulations!
    Akuma takes home the first match of the tournament and is thus moved to the second stag
    @Usaername you may now choose to improve Akuma's card to a max cmc of 5 or add an additional signature or companion card.
    You may also make changes to your current ones outside of the above. 
    It's going to be interesting see your characters development in the tournament. 

@Ydoplus_of_Forduuath
    Sadly, Elos did not achieve victory today. But do not be sad for that. 
    It has been great having Elos here in the tournament and I hope to hear more from you and Elos. 
    You may now write the aftermath to Elos story in the tournament. What will he do now and what will his future plans be. 
    I also hope you want to stay and continue participating in the tournament, even if by just reading what is happening. 

• edited August 2020
    Summary - (To organize the timeline :) )

Name:
     Aeryn Nox Lockhart
    Occupation: 3rd Captain of Kingdom's Cavalry [name of place pending]
    Skills: fourth page
    Weaknesses: fourth page

During your life: 

10 age - seventh page The Youth Preparatory School
    Childhood - first page (short description)
    14 age - fourth page - Knights' School
    16 age - fourth page
    Studies (14 to 20 years) - ninth page
    20 age - fifth page
       . First mission - Aranita, Eos Manipulator - fifth page
       . Second mission - coming soon
       . Third mission - tenth page
       . Fourth mission - coming soon
    23 age - fifth page - 3rd Captain of Kingdom's Cavalry promotion

Tournament of Champions 3:
    24 age - She traveled and was chosen for Tournament of Champions 3 - third page
       . The meeting with Cranket - third page
       . The big market tour - fourth page
       . Sidequest: In the basement of the Kiserova temple - fifth page
       . Sidequest: Fighting with strangers to relax the mind - fifth page
       . Dakros x Aeryn by Jonteman93 - 
    seventh page
       . The victory - first battle - seventh page
       . The Funeral - tenth page
    An unexpected visit (or not so much) - tenth page
    A short stop for breakfast ... with beer - twelfth page 

The ninth fight - Akuma x Jelene twelfth page 
       . Brynn x Aeryn by Jonteman93 - twelfth page 

A victory with the taste of defeat, but with a lot of honor and mystery - twelfth page 

• edited July 2020
    Akuma's anger slowly drained away. She wiped blood off her face and was surprised to find tears there as well. Spots danced and shifted in her watery vision. Her ears rang, and her head felt sore. Her armor felt exceedingly heavy. She should've been happy. She had won, after all. But she felt... empty. She failed to control herself. Slipped into the seductive embrace of her rage. Dammit Akuma. She vowed to control herself better in the future. There was no honor in insults. She picked herself off the sand, dropping her sword and sloughing off her armor. On unsteady feet, she ran after Elos. She caught up to him, somehow without falling.

"Elos! wait!" She called out. The young knight turned, his face awash with disappointment. Daybreaker muttered from its scabbard

"What?" Elos turned briefly before continuing out of the arena. Akuma lunged after him, falling to her knees in the sand.

"Please, wait! I want to-" Elos stopped, doing a full turn this time.

"I don't want an apology from you. Lord knows I've gotten too many already"

Akuma bit her lip and looked up at him, face covered in sand, blood, and tears.

"I wanted to thank you," She said. Elos stepped back in surprise. 

"For what, a win?" Akuma looked offended.

"No. For an opportunity to seek improvement." Elos looked at her quizically.

"I'm still a long way off from the warrior I want to be. I have flaws in my strategy and flaws in my character. But every time I fight, every time I step in the arena? I improve. I never make the same mistakes twice. I learn and I grow as a fighter. To not learn from our battle would not only show unwarranted arrogance and confidence, but also would disrespect the blood and sweat that you caused me to shed as a fellow warrior. We may have been enemies on the battlefield, but I don't want to be your enemy once we leave the arena!" 

Akuma breathed heavily, and rested her head on the ground.

"Please accept my thanks!"

Elos was silent, and Akuma tentatively looked up. A slight smile traced the corners of his mouth. Elos stuck out a hand, and when Akuma grabbed it, he pulled her up onto her feet. 

"Thanks accepted"

As they left the building, Akuma continued to cry, but inside, she felt relieved and overjoyed. She had not only won the match, but she had learned, and, hopefully, made a new friend. 

@Ydoplus_of_Forduuath so sorry if I wrote Elos wrong here!

@j@Jonteman93 i will make my new card soon
  • Elos walked away from the arena, tired after the battle. He was somewhat surprised at Akuma's thanks, but it resonated with him. After all, the only reason that Elos had entered the tournament in the first place was to learn and start his career as a hero.

Elos had learned much from his short time in the city. He had learned from the goblins, from the environment of the city, and even from his first and final match.

As Elos approached the outskirts of the city, he drew Daybreaker and looked out onto the road ahead of him.

I BELIEVE IT IS TIME TO BEGIN A NEW ADVENTURE, said the sword.

Elos looked out again, and then back at the city.

"Patience, Daybreaker," Elos smiled. "We can stay a little while longer."

(Cheers to @Usaername! It was an excellent match, and however disappointed I may be, I'm glad you are still in the Tournament.

And to Gwendolyn's Team: I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines. You'll have to win without me, but have confidence, and I'm sure you'll be fine!)
  • Oops, almost forgot to do P L O T.

"The tournament has its first winner!" 

Jay sighed. His team was down a member, and Akuma seemed like a formidable opponent for later rounds. He looked down at the dagger in his hand. It looked so small compared to the swords wielded by the contestants of this fight, and many others in the competition. However, he wouldn't need to worry about huge swords and durable armor in his first round. Instead, he was up against an enchantress. As Jay left the stadium, he was already hard at work thinking up a strategy for dealing with her enchantments. After all, his match was only 7 days away.

(It's not quite as long as some people's, I just didn't feel the need to say much more than what's in the above paragraph. I may do some longer ones later.

(Also, I somehow didn't notice that Jay has no creature type and no power-toughness. I don't know how I didn't catch that, but it's fixed now:

)
  • edited July 2020
    Brynn smiled as she saw Akuma left the arena with Elos. Medirna was one up, and she couldn't help but feel glad. I should congratulate her, she thought. However, as Brynn was leaving the stands, she bumped into someone.

"Sorry," Brynn said.

"Brynn?" the person said. "I was just looking for you."

Brynn looked up at the person. "Skadi?" she said.

Skadi smiled. "The one and only. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Since that time at the ruined keep near Solaria," Brynn said nodding. "What are you doing here?"

Skadi smiled. "I got assigned to you by Medirna to act as your guide. Funny how things work out, huh?"

"Yeah," Brynn said. "Really funny."

There was an awkward silence before Brynn said, "Well, I probably can't change things. Are you hungry? I hear the food here's amazing."

"I'm glad you're from up north," Skadi said as the two began walking towards the market. "We can compare cuisine. We might even try making some to really compare them."

Brynn put her head back and laughed.

Skadi Borderland Sentinel
  • edited July 2020
    After his first session with Brynn, Renatin went back to his room.  Irsek was sleeping, which is what he should have been doing instead of pulling an all nighter... But he was nocturnal by nature; it felt wrong to sleep when the stars were out.
    His hands still tingled from where she kept bludgeoning the wooden sword out of his hand.  It hurt much more than when the instructors at Agent training had tried to teach him to fight... But they had had much less success too.  Already he was a bit better off; no more stiff, jerky moves.  Going over to the nightstand, he poured himself a bowl of water, warm and soothing, and rests his forepaws in them.

"Ahh... that's nice..."

At this moment, a well dressed man enters through the doors.

"Excellent! You're already awake!  My name is Firrodin, and I am to be your guide and assistant while here."

Irsek awoke at this and sat up, stretching.

"Don't mind Renatin... he pulls all nighters quite often.  He probably hasn't even gone to
    bed yet..."

Firrodin looks concerend at that.  "Unfortunately, all the contestants should be on a diurnal schedule... the first match is up in a week and your's is right after that.  They take place in the middle of the morning.  Far be it from me to poke my nose in, but it would be wise to bed early at night and wake early in the morning."

Renatin shifted a little, uncomfortable with that proposition.  He debated making a comment about how this is a natural disadvantage for most anthros, but decided against it. "Duly noted...  So how did you get this position?"

"I have a certain skill set..." Firrodin smiled.  "Every assistant does.  You're a mage, so I was sent to assist you in preparation.  Other people got assistants more suitable to them... I believe that Dakros got some goblin to assist him; a fireproof one.  That should tell you something about how well the assistants are being chosen."

"Um... and how exactly are you going to help preparation?"

"Tell me, how recently have you dueled a fellow mage?  That was on par with you?"

"That would be... well... a long time.  Are you suggesting that your job is to duel with me?"  Renatin is clearly shocked by this.  It seems to be a huge display of preference to send out a trainer as an assistant... yet if Firrodin was to be believed, everyone had one.

Firrodin laughed.  "That's not quite the right way to put it... I'm here to guide you around the town, show you the sights, and make sure you are doing fine.  I provide supplies and yes, training assistance if requested."

"Well, I guess I'll just go to bed tonight... Sightseeing sounds good for the day; later we can do training."

The next day, Firrodin took Renatin to an empty marble building that he says was once intended for a temple until they realized that the place was structurally unable to support the heavy statues that were required.  The place was both huge and quite empty, the work unfinished, but quite beautiful.

"We train here?  But this might get destroyed!"

"Exactly the point... Simple swordsmen cannot destroy the arena, but you could.  You need to be careful, there are people that are not meant to be injured and your splash effect might do that.  So, we start in a place where you won't harm anyone and have you train to contain your magic first...  You're some sort of secret agent for your queen, are you not?  Consider this a stealth mission, not a mass destruction one..."

"Erm... Got it.  Ready?"

The only response Renatin got is a bolt of ice shearing past his ear as Firrodin rolled away from any response.  Surprised, he ducked behind a pillar to avoid anything else, the came out with lightning to respond.  Firrodin matched it with lightning of his own, and a bolt struck out from where the two met, shattering a half formed pillar.  Dodging Renatin's next attack, Firrodin pauses the match to repair the stonework.

"That's one of the many things that could go wrong.  It wouldn't have been either of our faults directly, but that could have easily killed a bunch of bystanders.  Now, again."

This pattern of training continues for the rest of the week, with sword training with Brynn in the pre-dawn to morning, then magical precision work with Firrodin until they both were out of mana.
  • (Reaction to battle will be later; I'm pooped and it is way too late.)
  • edited July 2020
    "That wasn't even a duel, was it? The outcome was pretty obvious, making the previous betting was kind of a joke." Janus folded his arms. The arena was almost empty save for the cleaning up crews and some lingering citizens. The particular smuggler was currently wearing a sort of enchanted cloak in addition to his unremarkable attire, minus his large item bag because that would be troublesome to bring that many stuffs around.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/janus-master-smuggler

"Maybe. But it was probably the best since she just let the poor guy to yield." Added Jelene with a frown. Despite of knowing her opponent, the ronin was still in unease due to her match that would start within a matter of days.

"If you're still worried about your match, here's something that should be useful to you." Inconspicuously, the smuggler wrapped his cloak and pulled a jade ring with intricate white bone pattern.

The ronin took the said item and examined it. 

"The Ring of Xathrid. It is said that it gives the wearer a sort of Immortality. Namely to quickly heal from any grievous wounds. Although the extend is unknown because no way in oblivion I'm going to stab myself anyway." Added the smuggler without turning his head.

"Hm, more free stuff. Is it really you then, brother?" Teased the ronin.

Janus just chuckled in response. "Well, you can help me later when this whole riff-raff is done, or when you have a spare time later. Technically, I've still got some... problematic debtors around the kingdoms and places I would like to visit, easily said."

"Fine. Let's see what I can do then. See you around then, I'm hungry. And my guide is probably already waiting." Jelene waved as she was walking away. Silently, she slid the gifted ring on her right middle finger on her way out of the arena.

The smuggler just shook his head with a small grin. He could certainly gave her something that was straight out a cheat, such as the particular Ring of Three Wishes. But a particularly malevolent djinn was bound in that ring, granting the wielder three monkey's paw wishes instead. A bad deal to be honest.

'Doesn't matter much. And the whole tournament seems to be very much prone to rigging because of the sheer freedom of the rules. Winning this simply isn't in our agenda.' He thought as he silently left the arena.
  • @Jonteman93 (Item added: Ring of Xathrid)
  • Tonight's fight will take place on the island. 

• edited July 2020
    Kutos walked home after the match, he was till processing what had happened the fight had been short and swift, but it wasn't easy to watch.

"Akuma was...scary, I've never seen someone fight with such ferocity." he was left with his thoughts for a while just wandering the city recounting the past couple of events.

"There you are Kutos, I was worried I lost you for good this time!" The monk heard the familiar voice of his Guide for the tournament. Delia has grown up in the city so she had been assigned to Kutos so he wouldn’t get lost in the area.

”Oh sorry, I was a little bit distracted.”

“Well let’s head back to the quarters then, you must be tired.”

“Well actually I was looking for the library, I’ve been meaning to go to the library.”

“Then let’s go”

The city library was big, bigger than any room Kutos had been in, he was definitely overwhelmed.

“Can I help you?” Kutos turned to see a tall elven figure,

”Uhh..., I’m looking for something on oozes, You know, magical blobs of...”

The librarian cut him off “Yes I’m well aware of what an ooze is” as he was saying this he shot a disdainful look over at a pile of half digested books sitting on his desk. He pointed over to a cramped corner filled with old times, “You’ll find the bestiaries over there, only three books may be check out at a time.”

Kutos collected some books and found a quiet place to sit, he spent a large portion of the night going through old books.

Also I fixed the problem on Awaken the Land:

• edited July 2020

• Match 2 - Introduction

The sun had just disappeared beneath the horizon when the two boats left the docks. 
    In one boat sat Jelene, Denise and a handful of Gwendolyn soldiers. 
    In the other boat sat Renatin, Ishak, Pjetro and a few Medirnian soldiers. 

The contenders were informed about the rules and the state of Kisla island.
    The two boats would land on different sides of the island
    The fight would begin as soon as the contenders have landed and the boats have left shore. 

"On the island is a small abandoned fishing village of a few building, a cliff, a small forest that could barely be called such and an outpost. The outpost was not to be infiltrated by the contestants on any conditions. Any contestant that break that rule would be resisted, with lethal methods if that would be required, by those inside the tower. Don't try them. 
    Those in the tower will also be your only audience for tonight.
    Now, since one of your teams consists of two fighters there are some specific rules.
    To achieve victory over a team, the leader is the one that must surrender or to be made completely incapable to surrender either through loss of conscience or death."

The two boats landed on the island almost at the same time. "Let the second match of the tournament begin." The hosts said as the boats was bushed back into the water. 

• @Usaername

Sorry! This was sort of rushed, but here is another story bit!

- - - - -

Nilani hadn’t been able to talk to Akuma after the match. The next day, she found her friend in the field, training.

“Akuma!” Nilani shouted, “Congratulations! You were amazing! You showed everyone how awesome you were!”

Akuma grinned. “Thanks.”

Now, it’s my turn. Now I must prove to Akuma and everyone else that I am good enough. I must.

“Do you want to attend the second match together?” Nilani asked the samurai.

Akuma didn’t say anything, but her smile was telling. Both of the girls ran down to the island arena, laughing and talking all the way.
  • Match 2

@DrakeGladis vs @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos
     VS 

Almost two hours had already passed. 
    Pjetro sat in his boat under a blanket while he drank some warm drink. He looked at the island where a bunch of trees stood ablaze. 
    "If this fight takes much longer we'll have to send in our own folks, haha" laughed one of the soldiers. Pjetro found nothing amusing about the joke, but he did indeed think the fight had taken too long, though they had only begun to burn the trees just recently. 

Renatin was covering yet another wound on his left arm in bandages. He always kept his eyes up, looking into the tree-tops where his magical lights where floating around. Behind him, Ishak was burning tree after tree that Renatin had chosen. Renatin cast a long shadow that stretched into the dark side of the forest. Something was moving in the darkness. Renatin sent a light there and the contour of a human appeared as Jelene dashed from the shadows. 
    "Ishak!" he shouted as Jelene came over him with her blade in hand. Renatin tried once again to channel magic into a force to push Jelene away but she avoided it by dodging sideways. Out of arms-reach from Renatin she could not strike him with her sword so she threw a dagger that hit Renatin in his right thigh.  

Renatin groaned as he was hit. A stream of fire flew past him towards Jelene. She was just about to dodge when she was hit by a lodge in her back. The fire struck her as she tried to cover her face. As she landed, she quickly fled back into the shadows, and the chasing continued once again. Renatin, even if he would have been able to, did not dare follow after her again. "The shadows are here place. Let's continue taking them away from her." Renatin said while putting another bandage over his new wound. He activated his wings but kept away from the shadows. Renatin and Ishak continued their work. 

The following 15 minutes were quiet except fire that kept burning the trees. Renatin had stop floating in the air, instead he sat on a boulder. About a third of the trees around them were set ablaze. Ishak kept spreading flames over the tree tops. Renatin kept sending his small floating lights around the tree tops, almost in a pattern formation. 
    Then after some more time, the moment finally came once again. "Ishak!" Jelene jumped out from the shadows towards Renatin and once again she dodged the stream of fire. But the trees around them drowned in flames. The lights that Renatin had sent around where blew up like bombs of Ishak's fire and set the remaining trees ablaze. They were now surrounded by flame and no shadow in sight. 

Ishak now let even more streams of fire as Jelene could only run and dodge, but no longer escape. Renatin meanwhile forced the flames around them to come closer, making their trap even smaller and smaller. Jelene realized that her options were out, so she approached Renatin with her sword ready for strike. Renatin once again used force magic against her while Ishak covered her in flames. She drowned in flames and someone moaned painfully. But then a moment later, the flames stopped. "Ishak don't sto-..." Renatin looked at Ishak and saw it. Jelene's sword had pierced his chest.  
    Jelene threw of her burning coat and walked towards Ishak. Renatin tried to bring her down with magic but what little did effect it did on her, she forced her way through. 

She drew the sword Ishak as he groaned in pain. Then she approached Renatin. 
    Renatin still struggling with his magic against her realized that there were no options left. Ishak needed help but could not get any while the fight was still going on so.
    "We surrender." He said, but Jelene continued towards him with the sword still ready in her hands. Did Jelene plan to kill him while no one could hear them? Renatin thought. 
    "I said, We surrender!" he now shouted. Renatin used all his magical powers and tried to push her away but she came through. Renatin was trapped between fire behind him and Jelene in front of him. Jelene thrust her sword into Renatin's chest. 

"Stop this at once!" Someone shouted. The fires behind Renatin blew away and a some mighty force pushed Jelene back so she flew into the air and landed several yards away. 
    A group of people entered the ring. Most of them ran to Renatin and Ishak to help them. Two approached Jelene. One was the magus Ialis, the other was a woman with red hair and a white sword. It was clearly not Lady Miljivan for this woman had to Jelene, familiar eyes. Eyes that had ended many people's lives.

"Did you not understand the rules?" Ialis said sharply. "The fight is over when one team surrenders. You struck when the fight was over. If you would have killed him at that point you would have committed murder. That is something that we do not allow here. You have won so take your victory, take your sword, but do not take a single life." 
    Ialis and the woman left together with the others who carried Renatin and Ishak towards the tower. Jelene took her sword, and she laughed. Victory was hers but maybe even something more. 
  • edited July 2020
    Match 2 - Winner!

@Fallen_Lord_Vulganos

Congratulations!
    Jelene takes home the second match of the tournament and is thus moved to the second stage
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos you may now choose to improve Jelene's card to a max cmc of 5 or add an additional signature or companion card.
    You may also make changes to your current ones outside of the above. 
    It's going to be interesting see your characters development in the tournament. 

@DrakeGladis
    This was a very difficult and not even enjoyable fight to judge as I even got a headache, since I believe both Jelene and Renatin would have made great impact in the second stage. Sadly I could only give the victory to one of you. 
    This will probably remain the most even of all fights in the first stage.
    So feel proud that you managed to give me a headache because I had such problems making a decision. 
    You may write the aftermath to Renatin's and Ishak's story in the torunament. (Both survived btw.)
    I also hope you want to stay and continue participating in the tournament, even if by just reading what is happening. 
  • @Jonteman93
    (Were those not fighting present to see the second match?)
  • edited July 2020
    MonkeyPirate2002 Kind of. You could see most of what is happening on the island from the city's south part. Though it would be difficult so see what was happening in the forest, due to the trees and the smoke. 
    However no one should have been able to see the conclusion to the fight, except those in the tower. (Magic could always be a factor)

Tournament update
    Tomorrow's fight between Brynn and Lukaes will take place in the Estina forest. 
  • Lmao @Jonteman93 copy-pasted the victory screen didja? who knew @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos would get to change my cards!
  • @shadow123

Akuma felt conflicted. She wanted to enjoy Jelene's victory, as a fellow practitioner of Kamigawan sword arts, but... she couldn't. To stab a foe who'd surrendered? That was simply horrid. She grimaced, thinking of the way Kuroichi had glowed, malevolent and red under the moonlight. She unconsciously reached out and ran a hand along Naku Tsuki, tracing the ito, the tsuba, and down the saya. Nilani noticed from next to her.

"Your sword is very pretty" Nilani said. Akuma startled slightly, bringing her thoughts back together. She smiled, but it was more of a grimace.

"I suppose so..." Akuma said, trailing off. Nilani touched her arm lightly.

"What's wrong?" she asked. Akuma looked down at her hands, then over at her sword.

"I murdered somebody with it. The craftsmanship is beautiful, yes, but how can I expect myself to find beauty in unjust death? This sword is a murderer... I am a murderer" Nilani bit her lip.

"That's true, I suppose. You can't change your past. But you can move forward! Count not the deaths by your blade, but the lives saved, and lives spared. Remember your bout with Elos? you spared his life, did you not?! That makes it even. one to one. There's no such thing as pure good, Akuma. Keep the life taken by this blade in your mind. Never forget it, and never let another join it."

Akuma looked up at the sky, and slowly drew her sword. The blade shone under the moonlight, waves of silver reflecting off the mirrored edge and cascading down the hamon line. 

"Naku Tsuki," She said softly.

"What?" asked Nilani.

"The name of my sword. Naku Tsuki." She held it up above her. Next to the moon. "It means "Crying Moon". Fitting, don't you think? A shining, melancholy beauty..."

Nilani looked up at the moon as well.

"I think it's perfect."

@Jonteman93 here's my new card: 

• @Jonteman93 After you win the first round, can you switch your champion with max converted mana cost 5 and switch your companion/signature card?
  • edited July 2020
    "Good grief, what a mess. But at least the betting's outcome was simple enough to predict." Spoke a certain smuggler in Jelene's private room in her lodging. He was currently sitting cross legged in a comfy wooden chair with a glass of honey wine in hand.

The ronin sighed and just simply took off her dirty clothings and equipments, without removing the Ring of Xathrid from her hand. No scratches or even burn markings marred her skin despite that her latest opponent literally tried to burn her to death.

"See, the ring worked perfectly. You don't have to needlessly kill someone with that demon sword of yours just to heal you, you know." The smuggler sipped his mead-like wine.

"Yeah yeah, I get it." The rogue samurai rummaged her wardrobe and took a seemingly gold-trimmed towel robe to wear it.

"You know, you almost lost control again right there, right? Was it due to the demon's influence or was it just you?"

Silence.

"... If you don't have anything more to add, I'm gonna go to the bathhouse now." Answered the ronin flatly.

"You know, guilt is almost impossible to remove when the victims are dead, isn't it."

The ronin caressed her forehead.

"I know it ya! I just need some times to think. Now excuse me I need a nice warm bath right now."

"I'm worried about you, Jel. And you know that." The sitting person calmly answered.

"... We'll talk again later. You know where to find me." The ronin silently walked away from her room, burdened by her guilt and fear of losing control over herself and the trapped demon-spirit-in-the-sword during the heat of battle. 

'Kami damn it...' She silently cursed.
  • edited July 2020
    "Room service?"

Yes-yes pleases!

"So. I was able to check out most of the Repository's sources on the history of Dormania, but the magi wouldn't let me access the restricted section of the library. I really tried my best to get all the books you wanted."

Hmmm

"Gods almighty."

slurp slurp slurp

"You've been eating all the stuff I've been bringing you?"

"Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.” Methinks this was once said by a humani possessing very dense brain matter in another universe.

"These books are worth more than my life."

Were. Powdered jewels, yes-yes, fine hides of elven rumps perhaps, but the tastiest thingses were all the beautiful words insides. All glorious glop now and puddlicous precious ink, yet the wordses stay.
    "Do you have any regard for the rest of the world, cursed contestant? Because soon it's gonna catch up with us. All of the guests you have eaten, witnesses you have dismembered, and books you have devoured, - one day it's all gonna come down like a house of cards and crush us both . . ."
    "And yet I still follow your damn charade like a witless dog! The curious guards that come each day, the royalists from House Tessanda, and soon the furious custodians from the Repository - I will run out of places to hide all the bodies. And I have already run out of answers for my family. This is madness. You are madness! Why do I still follow your heed!"

You mentioned you havses a family?

"Gods almighty."

Perhapses a scrumptulous daughter you love very very very much?

"You wouldn't."

And since when did rules applicify with us-us? Watch. Usself can fit anywhere. Usself can be anywhere. Usself can manipulate anyperson. Predominantly usself can
    eat anyperson. 

"And what if I call your bluff?"

You won't.

We may not be godses, but weself is close enough. Weself is the Squrturgle Omnipotae! devourer of universes and dishwasher of Gaith Fuide's tavern. And what thinkses you are?

"Morten."

And what is your femalespawn's title.

"Valentine."

A delectable name. What must you require to access the Repository's restricted section?

"A cudgel and a knife. Probably a cloak if I don't want to get caught."

You already have a knife. There is a beautiful woman who you know as a neighbor to the left-hand side of this hostel. She is grinding plaster. You will takses her cudgel, and you will takses her brooch, a gift from a lover from distant lands. Break the brooch inside the Repository to be transportaled to a place of safety. 

"And my girl?"
    She will be safe-safe in me.
  • edited July 2020
    @Jonteman93 (Wait, are angels exist there in the city too?)
This discussion has been closed.