Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited December 2021
    @Globert-the-Martian thanks, i will rework the text like this if i remembered

You got Rebellious draw card— you may ignore spells or abilities that your opponents control or own that would prevent you from drawing cards.

in case somehow your opponent manage to give you omen machine and unable to draw

also the ability able to referring to a single permanent like this one - https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hiding-fox

however... i must add that there will be another kind of rebellious like:
    -Rebellious target (vs hexproof and shroud)
    -Rebellious destroy  ( vs indestructible )
    -Rebellious search ( vs Ashiok)
    -Rebellious cast spells ( vs Teferi )
    and so on

after reading
    @SPyBondPlays review... i think your card is quite balanced this is because i think that there is not much of a creature that is has indestructible hence i prefer to use other two droppers like eliminate/cast down/walk the plank since it doesnt need the blue mana

@Rayne-Lord i will choose the pitiless magistrate , and you might want to specify that you tap an untapped human instead of any human and also a quite powerful card this is because compared to kaervek, the spiteful this creature has the option to draw 3 cards by tapping a human

also... heres my card try to bring back the "skulk" mechanic

Skulking Ritual

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/skulking-ritual

• @prismgodz, it's a pretty good cards, but there are some wording issues.  First of all, I think you shouldn't have planeswalker or legendary as a type, so maybe just making it an enchantment would be better. Also, the text would be written as:

Creature you control have skulk.

{x}{r}: Creatures you control get -X/-0 until end of the blocking phase.  Activate this ability before the blocking phase.

Whenever a creature with power 0 or less attacks, deal 1 damage to defending player.

Also, in terms of color, skulk is a mainly blue/black ability, so maybe you could make the mana cost {3}{b}{u}.  Otherwise, I think the card's really good, and it's an interesting use of the skulk mechanic. Nice work!

Here's my card:
    Volcanic Discovery
  • edited December 2021
    @prismgodz I'm sorry, but there are good amount of little issues, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what this card is trying to do. So I'm gonna go step by step:

• [1] Name and cost are good, and very normal.
    • [2] Legendary Planeswalker Enchantment doesn't make any sense, and should rather say Legendary Enchantment.
    • [3] I'm not seeing any punctuation where there should be.
    • [4] "Creatures you control have skulk."
    (I'm not fully sure what the rest of the card is doing, so I'll give my critique to best of my ability and understanding.)
    • [5] "{x}{r}: Creatures you control get -X/-0 until end of combat. Activate this ability only during your combat phase before blockers are declared."
    • [6] "Whenever a creature you control with power 0 or less attacks, Skulking Ritual deals 1 damage to defending player."

This is a unique design, but needs a lot of clean up to reveal it's full intentions.
  • @AboveAndAbout I was just finishing up my comment as you commented yourself. I went ahead and posted it anyways, however I will give my critique on your card, before posting a card of my own.
  • edited December 2021
    @AboveAndAbout Very nice. There isn't much to say other than this is a very well designed card, with a simple but interesting design. However I would suggest a mana value of three or four and/or restricting the search as to further this from a standard tutor, but this is a very solid card that doesn't require a change. Nice job.

There is some hidden lore about the curse, which explains why this Shapeshifter is a little different from other Shapeshifters, but I haven't thought everything up yet. It's still a decent card in my opinion, just needs an imagination to fill in the blanks.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bokahn-the-blood-cursed?list=user

• @ShadowReign nice card! It seems balanced enough, and the mechanic of sacrificing creatures for keywords is interesting. It does bother me that on its own it does not benefit from the second ability when you use the cull the herd mechanic, but it still would be a threatening presence regardless.

here’s mine:

• @Globert-the-Martian Gave it a favorite, and commented. Fun card, love the flavor text.

Here’s mine. Lammasu artwork is hard to come by. Tried my best to keep it balanced at this rarity, but wondering if its too strong. 

• Uhh, in my opinion, a 5 cost 4/4 flyer with lifelink and vigilance plus an ability that makes your opponent not able to attack you and not play any spells that aren't creatures is way too overpowered, even at mythic. You should make the ordain thing instead make it so combat damage is prevented during the next combat and not skipped, and that they can't cast non-creature spells on your turn, not on their own turn. Remove lifelink and make it cost one more generic mana and I think it would be balanced. Maybe take one point off of the power or toughness as well (3/4 probably so it can't be bolted).

Here are my cards, themed around Ben Shapiro and Ben Shapiro himself.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/SPyBondPlays/sets/64151

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bens-judgement?list=set&set=64151
    Bens Judgement
    This one I made the art myself, though the components aren't mine.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/facts-and-logic-2?list=set&set=64151
    Facts and Logic

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/false-equivalency?list=set&set=64151False Equivalency

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ben-shapiro-disputant?list=set&set=64151
    Ben Shapiro Disputant
    Spell threshold would be you have to have seven or more instants and sorceries in your graveyard. He's Azorius because I wanted a watermark.
  • @SPyBondPlays

Not to say I dont occasionally get something out of Ben Shapiro, but your fanboying is a lil much. And you’re only supposed to post up to two cards for feedback.

• edited December 2021
    I don't like Ben Shapiro, I just made these cards because of the Turning Point USA and "Destroyed by Facts and Logic" memes. Also I didn't realize that two cards was the maximum. The thing that really inspired me was this meme on r/MagictheCirclejerking talking nonsense about "targeting all creatures".
  • edited December 2021
    @SPyBondPlays

Ben’s Judgement: essentially a slightly less powerful version of River’s Rebuke. You could probably lose a mana (or maybe even two, since it’s legendary) on that one and it would be fine.

Facts and logic: a bit of a pie breaker with making the opponent discard. I’d recommend splashing in some black mana to the cost.

False Equivalency: has the same issue with Facts and logic, but besides that I think it’s fine.

Ben Shapiro, Disputant: I’m not sure what spell threshold is. Did you mean threshold - whenever
    An opponent casts a spell, Ben Shapiro gains +2/+1 and vigilance until end of turn? I think giving him both threshold and prowess seems like a bit of a hat on hat to me, but that’s just my opinion. Either way, it seems like a decent card.

Pretty good flavor overall.

here’s mine:
    I like It’s design and flavor, but it doesn’t feel quite balanced to me. I had originally designed it so that it could only target creatures your opponents control. would that be better? any other input is appreciated. Thanks!

• @Globert-the-Martian the only real issue balance-wise I can think of with allowing Snobbygrots to hit your own creatures is if someone builds around creatures like Stuffy Doll and Brash Taunter. There aren't that many cards that both want to be hit and could survive 4 damage though (especially in mono-red), so I'm not sure how concerning that really is (flavor fail aside). There might also be some similarly flavor-questionable interactions that arise from giving him infect and such, but overall he seems like a fun legendary creature that can become moderately powerful when built around. (Note: I'm evaluating this as someone who mainly plays commander. I could see this card being a terror both in and against control decks in constructed, 'cause 4 damage is a lot, but the Commander symbol tells me Snobbygrots was likely created for commander anyway.)

I'd appreciate thoughts on this card:
    Reconsider
  • I like that one, seems very balanced, even without the Retrace element. Though @Globert-the-Martian, "spell threshold" was supposed to be that you have to 7 or more instants or sorcery spells in your graveyard, like regular threshold but just for instants and sorceries. I'll go with my entry for the re-art contest:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/phyrexian-domination?list=user

Phyrexian Domination
  • @cadstar369, even though it's a sorcery and not an artifact, it is very similar to Scroll Rack. I think it should be rare instead just to balance it out.
  • @SPyBondPlays

This seems like a really flavourful and useful theft effect. After reading it though, the beginning of the ability is worded clunky. While it might not give quite the same effect, "Whenever a creature your opponents control dies, if you put a -1/-1 counter on it this turn, exile it, then return it to the battlefield tapped under your control." Might be a Slightly more coherent wording for it.

Now I need some balancing help for this card. Not sure if the p/t and mana cost are fairly balanced.

• @Globert-the-Martian Snobbygrots seems quite powerful.  While a one-time, 3-mana, sorcery speed, Alchemist's Greeting that cantrips for the creature's controller doesn't seem like much, making it reusable for zero mana activation on a respectably-sized creature with haste is another story.  Even if your opponent gets a card for each creature you kill, most creatures, especially in the 3-4 mana range, can't survive 4 damage, so you're just running your opponent through their creatures and making them spend their mana each turn while your mana is completely free to continue to build your board.  Although, that extra draw may accelerate them into getting removal for Snobbygrots, a certain percentage of their draws will be "irrelevant' cards like additional lands, creatures that die to Snobbygrots, or pretty much any card that doesn't deal with it.

The combination of a punishment + compensation is especially hard to balance because if the punishment is too powerful/undercosted, then the card is straight up OP.  If it's not powerful enough compared to the compensation, it opens up the possibility of abusing the ability to get the compensation for yourself.  In the case of Snobbygrots, 4 damage for no mana is very good and drawing an extra card for {1} is also very good (provided your creature can survive the damage).  Even without a creature that can survive the damage, keeping Snobbygrots untapped means your opponent is going to face card disadvantage if they use a removal spell on your creatures because you can just kill the creature yourself in response with Snobbygrots and get the card back while their spell fizzles.

Some suggested adjustments to balance this card, I'd say definitely do the first two and maybe one of the following.
    -Take the damage down to 3.
    -Give the ability a mana cost of at least {2}.
    -Make the ability sorcery speed.
    -Make the ability only able to target your opponent's creatures. <= probably the least appealing modification if you want to retain the versatility of the ability.

Overall, the card is a complete package, it's got good flavour, the art is very appropriate, and the concept of the ability is well-suited for it.

• @cadstar369 Reconsider looks like a well-balanced card.  Comparing against cards with similar effects like Whirlpool Rider, Tolarian Winds, and Flux, Reconsider is at about the right rarity level.  The fact that you have choice in terms of keeping certain cards while you (repeatedly) redraw to sculpt your hand suggests to me that the cost might be more appropriate at {2}{u} to prevent the spell from being used too many times in a single turn, as you're likely to draw additional lands with each casting to continue the cycle. I do appreciate that you made the unwanted cards get shuffled back into the library to re-dilute it so that it's not too easy to get to any card in particular, which may justify a cost of {1}{u} or {u}{u} after all.  The name is elegant and appropriate (and surprisingly not already taken) and it's great that you had room left for flavour text.
  • edited December 2021
    @SPyBondPlays I'm taking a shot in the dark about how you intended your card to work for a suggested rewording of the ability.

Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, if it had a number of -1/-1 counters on it equal to or greater than its base toughness, return that card to the battlefield under your control tapped. It's a Phyrexian in addition to its other types.

This wording doesn't account for additional modifications to a creature's toughness like auras, equipment, and "until end of turn" effects so it may not be what you're looking for.
  • @Abu_Jafar For a 3-mana mythic rare, you can probably afford to have stronger stats on the front face of the card.  I'd say no less than a 2/2, possibly a 2/3 or even a 3/1 given that Vampire Nighthawk is mono-coloured, has an extra evasion ability, and is only uncommon.  I imagine you'd want to favour power over toughness as that plays into both lifelink and getting the creature killed.

The back face of the card should probably start with at least 2 loyalty if not 3 if we compare to the other transforming planeswalkers from Origins.  If you think starting with more loyalty makes going ultimate too easy, you can either reduce the Wanderlust bonus to one or increase the cost to ultimate.  If you do choose to keep the Wanderlust bonus the same, it should be worded as "with two additional loyalty counters on it instead."  Since you can only go up one loyalty per turn, you can probably reduce the loyalty cost of the second ability to -2.  Finally, the emblem should be worded "Creatures you control have deathtouch and lifelink and get +1/+1 for each different name among lands you control."  I like your wanderlust ability and how land variety plays into both the front and back faces of the card.
  • No Jadefire, what I mean is if it dies due to having too many -1/-1 counters. Ethier you proliferate them, put them on, or do infect combat damage. It is supposed to synergize with Infect. 
  • @SPyBondPlays That's a very specific condition to look out for but I guess the advantage of that is there aren't any existing precedents to follow so you can blaze a new trail.

Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, if its toughness was reduced to less than 1 from having one or more -1/-1 counters put on it this turn, exile it. If you do, return that card to the battlefield tapped under your control. It's a Phyrexian in addition to its other types.
  • @SPyBondPlays Feels like an Un-set card to me.  quite entertaining indeed.

Card: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/butterfly-mage-1?list=set&set=64215
    Token enchantment is creates: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/magic-shield-22?list=set&set=64215

Im terrible at putting in the actual card images, plus I want to see how people react to me messing with some of the fundamental aspects of magic
  • @TheGamingBolasChannel To my understanding, this card does not work. As far as I know, a token must enter the battlefield, and when is put into any other zone, will cease to exist. Therefore a token cannot be in hand. A neat idea, though.

Special thanks to @Jadefire, for their critique on gallant, whom I can't thank enough. This mechanic and card will be included in a custom set, coming in the near future.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sterjnak-dauntless-king-1?list=user

• @ShadowReign true, but on one of my other cards I mention that in hand it it like a normal spell, but upon resolving it is exiled instead of going to the graveyard.  
  • edited December 2021
    Tokens don't exist in any other zone other than the battlefield. They don't have a mana cost or CMC. That's why all spells that copy other instant and sorcery spell don't call those copies tokens. If you are going to make something that puts another card into your hand, you could have it tutor/wish a specific card from your library/sideboard into you hand. It seems like a neat idea though. I think that what I would do instead would have an enchantment with an activation ability.

CARDNAME
    2WW
    Enchantment

When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, draw a card. 

2WW: CARDNAME becomes an aura and gains "Enchant creature you control. Enchanted creature has protection from instants, sorceries and enchantments your opponents control." Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
  • @SPyBondPlays I could work the cards the same way as the strichaven lessen cards, but the reason I' going with the token route is due to the fact that I created 3 cards based on cards from Shadowverse.  Those would be Tetra, Mono and Aenea on my main account.  I translated them from their first shadowverse cards which results in them utilizing token spells (something shadowverse does quite often)  Plus if Wizards truly wanted to do this, they could change the way tokens work to be upon removal from the battlefield, remove [card name] from the game.  This allows for token spells to be put into the hand, but prevents regular tokens from being sent back to the hand.
  • Uhhhh I don't think that they would completely change tokens. Tokens have been in the game for forever (at least 22 years) with no changes (other than adding artifacts and enchantments).
  • True, but since these are 100% custom we can bend the rules a tad
  • The conjure mechanic from Jumpstart: Historic Horizons would work for Butterfly Mage.