Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Hi friends - an announcement for the Mystery Box community.

Today, we open the door to a whole new Mystery Box world, the world of prestige.

Three cardsmiths have reached 50 mystery box points in what seems like an unprecedented timespan. These three cardsmiths, I feel, and all future Mystery Boxers who reach 50 points, should be handsomely honored for their participation and commitment to this discussion.

@Jadefire

@cadstar369

@Corwinnn

You three cardsmiths are the first, but not the last. I want everyone to know what I'm giving you so that everyone knows what I'll give them when they reach the same milestone you've all worked endlessly to reach.

Permanent Perks
    • When you request your mystery box, you can request any number of mystery challenges. Each challenge you request has a 50/50 shot at a prize.
    • When you request your mystery box, you can request the difficulty level you'd like to receive for your mystery challenge(s).
    • Unlimited prize suggestions. Message me anytime for a new prize idea.
    • Unlimited suggestions. Message me anytime for a new feature you'd like to see.
    • The ability to create your own mystery boxes any time you'd like. (You've been shown the secrets of my process. Feel free, at your leisure to step in for me any time you'd like.)
    • The ability to judge alongside me any time you'd like.   
    Prizes Given
    • One prize named after you.
    • One prize of your choice.
    • A mention in this month's blog.

Congratulations my friends. Welcome to the wonderfully, subtly more personalized and admin-like life of a Mystery Box Prestige!

To all other mystery boxers out there. 50 is the magic number. Take your time, keep at it, and you'll soon reach the same milestone!
  • All-time Leaderboards Top 10

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with 'ascend' or any tense of the word in its name.
    Vile Ascension

for the equation prize I'll choose 42 and 12

• can I have another box?
  • Thanks @jpastor for all your time and efforts in keeping this discussion fresh and constantly improving.  Participants only become longtime participants on the foundation of a solid discussion and committed host.  
  • edited March 2022
    @WarriorCatInAhat
    Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 5 - Reverse: Cash this prize in any time you'd like by giving me a mystery challenge, you and I both share a 50/50 shot at the same random mystery box prize in exchange for you giving me a mystery challenge.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an equipment with a creature subtype in its name.
  • I'd like to give this a shot as well.
  • Hi @hileandr
    Congrats on being featured this month on the blog! I love your creations, though I never favorite them (mostly cuz I reserve favorites for my mystery box prizes.) Real pleasure to throw a box at your face for the first time! Catch!!! Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a red enchantment that deals damage to each player.
  • @jpastor thank you for the kind words!

Here's my attempt:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/volcanic-emergence

Keep 'em coming!
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card that's a witch without using the word 'witch' in its card name.
    Fenblight Cursemonger

I'll make 22 (Energy Crystal) and 8 (Rusty Key) with the matrix numbers. Does the Energy Crystal duplicate the Rusty Key, or will it duplicate whatever the key opens up? Either way, I'll use both on my next box.

For Pawn (Negotiations) I choose [Matrix; Lotto Ticket Scratch-off; Aether Vial].

One mystery box with 3 very difficult challenges please. :)

Inventory
    • Prize 21 - Un Mode (Choose solo, duel, or moshpit for an un challenge.)
    • Prize 98 – Green Substance (2-for-1 mystery boxes the remainder of the deadline)
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono8lack Spirit creature card w3th soulshift.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gundan-legion-of-souls

Could I get a mystery box with an easy and a medium challenge?
  • @hileandr
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monowhite creature that gets +1/+1 counters.
    @cadstar369
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a common card with the following terms on it: indestructible, hexproof, master, 2, 2.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Human with mana cost greater than it's P and it's T, but not greater than it's P/T when they're combined together, and that has a line separating its single ability from its single sentence of flavor text, but all card text takes up the full space in large or small font.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a nonblack permanent with multiple creatures in the artwork, a quote from the creatures' leader, and that sacrifices itself when it enters play unless it does something involving your hand.
    @Jadefire
    • Prize 74 - Teddy Bear: You may have gift another mystery box to another cardsmith.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare, mono-blue Sorcery with CMC 4.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a legendary creature that creates a 5/3 or 3/5 creature token and is triggered by something involving a land or lands.
  • Before I forget, I'll claim my Prestige prize of choice for a Prize 89 - Discovery and use it to reveal the last Misc prize.  I'll also use my Prize 48 - Scratchie choosing prizes 10, 19, 21, 22, 23, 26, 48, 85, 89, and 99.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monowhite creature that gets +1/+1 counters.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/seasoned-farmer

I want more!
  • @cadstar369
    I'll get to your prizes on the next one.
  • @Corwinnn
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare Sorcery card with a Wolf or Werewolf in the artwork.
    Pack Mentality

@Corwinnn
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Insect, Spider, or Wurm creature with infect.
    Invading Plaguefly

Prize List
    • Prize 77 - Yro's DWM Daily, Weekly, Monthly Modifier (You may activate any, and I'll post a mystery challenge that anyone can complete during that month, each week, and each day for the rest of that month/deadline.)

• edited March 2022
    When the mood strikes, I would like to partake in a new box of questionable mysteriousness, and a new box of significant insanity.
  • @cadstar369
    technically it's the next prize earned... so that means double rusty keys - I'll use them in your previous box... apologies for skipping over this when I read it the first time.
    Your rusty keys:
    • Prize 56 - Timepiece: Activate to set the deadline's end for 1-5 days from now (chosen at random)
    • Prize 48 - Scratchie: Choose 10 prize #'s.
    • Pawn negotiations produces another scratchie

• @Jadefire
    Messed up a little - turns out there are 2 misc prizes left (1 left). I had Briber's Satchel listed incorrectly.

Prize 78 - Microphone You may rename a prize.
  • edited March 2022
    @Jadefire
    Prize 19 - Top Deck (Modifier) [NEW!]: 
    Once activated, shared mystery challenges will be posted for the remainder of the deadline.
  • @hileandr
    • Premium Prize 100 - Infinity Shard: You get all prizes earned listed on this page.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Rat creature card.
    • Prize 19 - Top Deck Modifier: Once activated, shared mystery challenges will be posted for the remainder of the deadline.
    • Prize 78 - Microphone You may rename a prize.
    • Prize 56 - Timepiece: Activate to set the deadline's end for 1-5 days from now (chosen at random)
    • Prize 74 - Teddy Bear: You may have gift another mystery box to another cardsmith.
    • Prize 5 - Reverse: Cash this prize in any time you'd like by giving me a mystery challenge, you and I both share a 50/50 shot at the same random mystery box prize in exchange for you giving me a mystery challenge.
    @Corwinnn
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Wall creature card with flying.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Rat creature with rally and */* P/T, but it's power is always greater than its toughness.
  • edited March 2022
    Mystery Challenge: Create a common card with the following terms on it: indestructible, hexproof, master, 2, 2.

Mystery Challenge: Create a Human with mana cost greater than it's P and it's T, but not greater than it's P/T when they're combined together, and that has a line separating its single ability from its single sentence of flavor text, but all card text takes up the full space in large or small font.

Mystery Challenge: Create a nonblack permanent with multiple creatures in the artwork, a quote from the creatures' leader, and that sacrifices itself when it enters play unless it does something involving your hand.
    Blessed Radiance Mistress Firia Faceless Pretenders

That second challenge had me stumped for a hot second; it's surprisingly hard to predict how much space an ability will take up. :sweat_smile:

I'll crack the timepiece now, and choose [08,10,22,34,42,48,67,69,92,99] for both Scratchies.

@hileandr glad to see you're enjoying your mystery boxes! Would you like to take Prize 98 – Green Substance (2-for-1 mystery boxes the remainder of the deadline) off my hands?

One Mystery Box with two medium challenges please! :)

Inventory
    • Prize 21 - Un Mode (Choose solo, duel, or moshpit for an un challenge.)
    • Prize 98 – Green Substance (2-for-1 mystery boxes the remainder of the deadline)
  • edited March 2022
    @cadstar369
    You failed the second challenge. Re-read it. It's missing the line. 
  • Oh, you meant an actual line? I thought you were referring to a line's worth of space; fixed! :sweat_smile:
  • @cadstar369
    See how the flavor is cut-off by the stamp? I consider than more than one-card's worth of text. You'll need to shorten it so that the flavor ends one 'line' above where it currently ends.
  • Wow, jpastor's dropping the hammer on this one.  Prestige members get no slack :D
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Rat creature card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/chittering-swarmling

@cadstar369
    Sure, I'll take that prize!

Inventory
    Prize 19 - Top Deck Modifier: Once activated, shared mystery challenges will be posted for the remainder of the deadline.
    Prize 78 - Microphone You may rename a prize.
    Prize 56 - Timepiece: Activate to set the deadline's end for 1-5 days from now (chosen at random)
    Prize 48 - Scratchie: Choose 10 prize #'s.
    Prize 48 - Scratchie: Choose 10 prize #'s.
    Prize 74 - Teddy Bear: You may have gift another mystery box to another cardsmith.
    Prize 5 - Reverse: Cash this prize in any time you'd like by giving me a mystery challenge, you and I both share a 50/50 shot at the same random mystery box prize in exchange for you giving me a mystery challenge.

@jpastor
    I'll take another! Also, I'll cash in my Reverse.

A Mystery Challenge:
    Create an instant or sorcery that uses Phyrexian mana in its cost, but rewards the player for paying the full cost.
  • edited March 2022
    Quickfix 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) 😆
    On mobile atm, so just a picture this time (the other post should still link to the updated card).

• Hileandr shouldn't be the only one getting a windfall today (excellent timing for that Infinity Shard).  I'll offer my Prize 29 - Bag of Gemstones and Prize 35 - Scenic Views to @WarriorCatInAhat if they want them and activate my Prize 74 - Teddy Bear for them as well.

No worries about the Misc prize count @jpastor.  I would've chosen that category anyway.  I suppose that means Microphone still counts as a new prize, since that's not indicated in the previous post.
This discussion has been closed.