HOLY COW! JACE IS DEAD!

THEY KILLED JACE!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!????!!!! Read this: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stories-and-endings-2016-05-11 WHAT HAVE THEY DONE???? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MAKE A CARD NAMED 'Downfall of Jace'!

Comments

• Jace isn't dead. He will probably be a main character in Eldritch Moon and then they already said he's not going to be in the next block due to fan complaints.

Remember, WoTC is taking their cues from Marvel and The Avengers now. No one can stay dead even if they really die.
  • Hmm.. I don't think he is dead quite yet. Although it would please a lot of people, it would anger far more.
  • @strongbelieves, but isn't Vronos dead? When's he going to rise from his grave? I hope Vronos does come back, as long as he isn't a zombie. Since he's WU, I don't want a WUB. Even though I would make one if there was a new Vronos. With Tezzeret as UB, Vronos as WU(Possibly B), and the old Monowhite Nahiri, I could make make artifact mayhem. (Cue dark, scary music and a picture of Lightning Greaves.)
  • Oh No! I must now throw away all of my cards!
    XP
  • Spoilers dude! - But yeah, no one really dies. They just get "knocked out" right? Like pokemon?
    :)
  • lol i hope its not true..... jace is THE BOSS
  • maybe liliana will resurrect him as a zombie
  • also what happens to ravnica if jace dies, because he is the guildpact?
  • edited May 2016
    Ravnica will burn down and Jarad will run to some other plane after suddenly becoming a planeswalker and then kills Tayimo and Eldritch moon will be pointless but then he goes 1-on-1 with Emrakul. He kills Emrakul and wrecks Eldritch moon. Then WOTC decides to make a new plane called "Jarad's place where he destroys stuff" and it has Jarad and his planeswalker can destroy everything but a player. It gets horrible reviews and WOTC shuts down Magic instead of just adding in a huge creature and have that slay Jarad and then this site will be pointless because we'll just be making cards for a card game that had closed down and then he site gets destroyed and we're introduced to a place called "The Real World" and find out that it was here all along! Then @Corwinnn goes and catches a real squirrel as a real pet and I will sit down staring at my computer wondering, "What the heck was WOTC thinking?"
  • I wonder how many typos I made in that...
  • Jace explicitly isn't dead. The last line was "she felt him starting to die" which means he never finished dying. Not only that, but he shows up alive and awake in the art for Anguished Unmaking which takes place immediately after the events of that story.

Soooooooo....... Yeah....
  • However, looks as though Sorin does "kill" (unmake) Avacyn...
  • "Sorin had created Avacyn, so it was a cruelty beyond imagining, a pain beyond description, that it fell upon him to end her forever."

So yeah, judging by the art and quote, Avacyn probably dies. We don't know her final fate yet but it probably ain't happy.
  • Ugin's definitely dead.
  • Don't forget the art of Sorin killing Avacyn with Jace alive in the corner. Anguished unmaking.

He is not dead.

Although I would like to have no more blue Jace cards (he is one of my favorite characters but overused.)

Hopefully he goes mad and becomes a new color in the sets to come.
  • @L0NEvvolf you mean like going Blue-Black and getting back with Liliana?
  • edited May 2016
    @TheClayKnight, @LONEvvolf, I like Jace the way he is, thank you very much.

Though I have to say, Tamiyo's spellcasting is the one that I'm most jealous about (spells that tell stories!)
  • So much for thread challenge
  • I just texted Jace... he didn't answer... I think he's dead.
  • @Corwinnn I don't think Innistrad has great reception
  • @TheClayKnight - That could explain so many things!
  • @Corwinnn, maybe that's why Sorin is always frowning. Out of all the planes, his has horrible Wi-Fi.
  • That, and the food is AWFUL on Innistrad. @TheClayKnight @Corwinnn @Gelectrode
  • The best takeout is on Alara if you were wondering.
  • @Gelectrode No, I think Sorin is frowning because every time he tries to get a cell tower put up, someone converts it to a device for necromancy (usually while he's in the middle of a call).
  • @TheClayKnight
    "So I also want a large pizza with no garlic, and-"

"Geralf here, sorry, needed another lightning rod."

". . . Dang it."
  • That was Surprising! Thanks! Know I can send everyone the link and make them sad! :)
  • edited May 2016
    "Hey, is this Alara Chinese? *static* Do you do interplanar delivery? Only *static* when Garruk is around to deliver it? *static* NO, I DO NOT WANT THE CHUB-TOAD STEW!!! *static* You know what, screw it.
  • He's only mostly dead.
  • There's a big difference between mostly dead, and all dead.
This discussion has been closed.