Slayers of Emrakuel!... or not

Contest time kiddies, and this time I'm coming through. I want to see the best defenders against Emrakuel and the remaining eldrazi! or perhaps those who follow emrakuel, and aid her cause. Either way, I will pick three, and all three get get something special! so it's kind of a lotery on the prize. Post our cards below, and we will see who is the best!
111criteria111
No stealing cards, be original, good flavor text helps, and maybe new abilities! Anything that either helps, or hinders, the eldrazi in any way. Good luck to all!

Comments

• Emrakul is dead... She was slain by the Gatewatch. So should we make the Gatewatch, or make the Slayer of the Blimd Eternity.
  • Emrakul is NOT dead, she is imprisoned in the moon. It was even partially her own doing. What do you think the card Imprisoned in the Moon which depicts Tamiyo and Nissa imprisoning Emrakul in the moon was about? "Only one vault was great enough to hold Emrakul."
  • Well... I guess...
  • Everyone knows the moon is an egg
  • @Corwinnn Was that a Doctor Who reference?
  • edited August 2016
    @Lujikul - I can honestly say that I have a nephew named Stormageddon
  • edited August 2016
    Okay so like even though the card shows tamiyo and nissa putting emrakul into the moon, it was like all emrakul. Like she put herself into that moon 100%. The gatewatch was completely overwhelmed and would not have won that battle. (I love the gatewatch, don't get me wrong, but they were about to get destroyed).

I do have this weird theory tho cause jace has a whole episode with "emeria" in his own mind, so like, is it possible emrakul didn't change tamiyo's spell, but jace inadvertently delved deep into Tamiyo's mind and rewrote it cause he knew unconsciously they couldn't beat her.

Anyways, are you looking for planeswalkers or regular folks? cause seriously, I don't think much of the Emrakul-Innistrad story was just the planeswalkers dealing with Emrakul. The only other real notable people to fight were Thalia and Sigarda, and those stories were kind of run over too.
  • No... Since Emrakul was only a tiny part of the Blind Eternity, she is not that deadly. The people in history that I believe can defeat her:

Yawgmoth, because he had this huge mechanical army which Emrakul wasn't immune to.
    Urza, because he could use the same way he killed Yawgmoth to kill Emrakul.
    Jeska, because she was the most important and theoretically the strongest Planeswalker.
    Ugin, because he is not even alive.
    Nicol Bolas, because he is still invincible.

The Pre-Memding Planeswalkers were the strongest, and at that time, Yawgmoth was the best. But Urza killed him and Urza died in the process. Jeska died later, creating the mending.

The old Planeswalkers still living are Ugin, Nicol Bolas, Sorin, Lilliana, Karn, but Sorin and Lilliana are too weak.

Karn might stand a chance, because first, he's not living, and second, he has the spark of Urza and might do exactly what Urza did.

Others:
    You generally need either a flying artifact creature with a power of 16 or a colorless removal spell to deal with Emrakul.
  • I'd argue that Ugin can't. Maybe pre-mending, however, he did enlist the help of Sorin and Nahiri to defeat the eldrazi the first time. And as powerful as Bolas is, I don't think he could either.

My reasoning is this: while jace is having a conversation with "emeria" in his mind, she very frighteningly says "They are all my pieces, Jace Beleren. They always were. I just no longer want to play." We don't know the true nature of the eldrazi, and we probably weren't. Emeria has incredibly powerful mind control abilities, so who's to say bolas isn't under the mind control of the entire eldrazi entity. Bolas did manipulate Sarkhan, Chandra, and Jace into releasing the eldrazi. Nobody knows why. What if Bolas is under the control of the eldrazi? But still, I don't think he could defeat Emrakul alone, especially since it's post-mending.

The biggest problem with saying that pre-mending planeswalkers could beat emrakul, is that we can't possibly know. Sure, they lost immense power. But, who's to say the eldrazi didn't lose infinite power from the mending. I personally don't feel a single person can beat her. I think it can only be a team of the strongest around.
  • No. Karn can. He's colorless, can restart the game, and ultimately has Urza's spark.
  • Seeing as Karn was able to be affected by the phyrexians, I'd still say no. Emrakul can affect all living matter, and though Karn is colorless, he's not entirely an artifact. He's got a part to him that is inherently living.

As evidence, I present Avacyn: She was completely made, and had a portion of Sorin's very essence, and even she became corrupted by Emrakul. And that was part of a planeswalker who had fought the eldrazi previously.

There's a general thought that if it can think, it's alive. Well Karn can very much think, so there is definitely something alive about him. And seeing how Emrakul was playing against the Gatewatch's fears, if Emrakul got into Karn's mind, there's a lot in there that she could manipulate against Karn. But we'll never know. Emrakul's in a moon now haha

Anyways, If you're looking for planeswalkers, I just made another form of one of my old planeswalkers. Cenyidir, who has taken an oath (http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/oath-of-cenyidir) is one of my favorite planeswalkers because he's often characterized by "doing good through sometimes shady means." In truth, he's always fighting for what's "good" however, his past has always presented a problem. At one point, he did have a family, who were killed by bandits. When his spark ignited he walked to Theros where in his anger he slaughtered an entire town, believing the town to be the bandit's hideout. He runs from those memories and is very much haunted by them. In fear of hurting more people, he exiled himself after the War of Ascension on Theros. Now he has been found, and he's been asked to fight things instead of humanoids. And he took that chance without a doubt in his mind:
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/cenyidir-exiled-hope-1?list=user

He's like a mind mage in red. He can't take control of creatures permanently, but he can take control of them for extended times, also utilizing minor burn spells (He's no Chandra) and pulling allies from nowhere. I hope you like him
  • edited August 2016
    Yawgmoth, because he had this huge mechanical army which Emrakul wasn't immune to.
    Urza, because he could use the same way he killed Yawgmoth to kill Emrakul.
    Jeska, because she was the most important and theoretically the strongest Planeswalker.
    Ugin, because he is not even alive.
    Nicol Bolas, because he is still invincible.

Yawgmoth was the living representation of black mana, something Emrakul would probably want to eat.

Urza may have been strong enough to kill the Eldrazi titans with help but would have been smart enough not to.

Jeska wasn't really powerful in any of her forms, including Phage and Karona. Karona was also a representation of mana, making a tasty snack for the Eldrazi.

Ugin is alive. Did you miss the entire block of Tarkir? The whole point of it was changing a timeline so Ugin was alive again. He was also not able to destroy the Eldrazi... Did you miss the entire Zendikar block? The whole point of it was how Ugin, Sorin and Narihi imprisoned them and then the newer planeswalkers let them free. It took Nahiri's Lithomancy and Sorin's raw magical power along with Ugin's mastery of colorless magic just to seal them away. Plus, Ugin believes the titans shouldn't be killed.

Bolas isn't invincible. Ugin was able to hurt him a bit during their fight and probably would have killed or seriously injured him if he hadn't, you know, given Bolas one thousand dragons to attack him. Bolas is also the one that arranged to release the Eldrazi titans so I doubt he would fight them... Ajani was also able to hurt him badly by using a teeny sliver of the Maelstrom's power to summon an avatar of Bolas to fight evenly with Bolas.

The lore is not strong with this one.
  • Sorry, I've been missing out on some books.
  • I'm just gonna randomly say some people:

Gods? Probably not...
    Myr? Probably not...
    Weatherlight? Don't think so either...
    Teferi? I guess not.

Wait! What if Emrakul was sent through the time rifts? Then we could all see the revelation of who Emrakul (To be exact, the Blind Eternity) really was. It could be amazing. They could write a book about that.

But then, if Emrakul went through a time rift, would the whole Blind Eternity go through as well?
  • The Blind Eternities aren't a 'who', they are a space between the planes made of wild and unstable mana that tears things apart. The reason planeswalkers are planeswalkers is because they can traverse the blind eternities without dying, even though it can still be difficult or dangerous for them. From what we know about the Eldrazi, they are creatures from the blind eternities and are deeply connected to them. The only time they visit planes is to eat them.
  • Ulamog to Emrakul: "That one looks tasty. Want a snack?" lol
  • huh. This kinda just turned into a logic argument. "\
  • Actually, if all the small eldrazi we see are just spawn, and the only "true" eldrazi we've seen are the titans, does that mean there could theoretically be more titans?
  • We've clearly seen across the MTG storyline that Emrakul has immense power that can often transcend the laws of biology and even spacetime. She can surly pull something off whether on Innistrad or on its natural satellite using the heaps of mana she's foraged from the possible hundreds of planes she's... visited.
  • I figured this contest need to have some actual cards:
    image image image
    image image
  • Yeah! Thanks @kltmtg29 now I don't feel so lonely in this contest haha
  • @RohanDragoon You're welcome, Cenyidir needed some eldrazi to fight.
  • @Bellycuss, we can theorize that the Eldrazi (Great eternity as a whole) is one large planeswalker. So... Considering how powerful they are... What if they are a pre-mending planeswalker?

If it is that way, the only thing that can stop them... Is... Another mending! Whose gonna die this time? Jace? Ugin? Hmmm...

But why didn't the mending effect Eldrazi? Was it because they weren't in planes. Was it because... I don't know.

Also, what if the Eldrazi Titans are actually corrupted forms of others like... If Kozolik was Urza? I don't know.

@Rohandragoon, Also, the Aether seems to sound just like the where the blind eternities live - In between planes.

And then Kaladesh's Aether mines? What if Kaladesh is key to the blind eternities?

It all connects together!
  • @TrippleBoggey3
    I definitely don't think we're done with the eldrazi. They have proved vital to the story and are tied in with far too man planeswalkers to be done with. If you think about it, here's the list of planeswalkers tied into the eldrazi storyline in some way: Ugin, Bolas, Sorin, Nahiri, Sarkhan, Chandra, Jace, Gideon, Ob Nixilis, Nissa, Liliana, and Tamiyo, plus probably a couple more that we don't know of (or I can't recall rn). But if you read the storyline, it's really Emrakul who imprisons herself in the moon. No one imprisons themselves inside a moon without having given it a lot of thought. Perhaps Emrakul was afraid of something? Perhaps Phyrexia is moving and Emrakul is afraid of that? Perhaps she came with a specific mission and since she failed (destroying Zendikar) another eldrazi overlord is coming for her? Who knows! But I think considering we have at least 12 planeswalkers tied into that storyline, it's a little difficult to just end it, you know? Like how are you going to bring closure to 12 independent storylines? Sure the Gatewatch is there but what are they going to do? Why did Bolas release the Eldrazi in the first place? Is Sorin dead? Will Nahiri return to Zendikar or has she gone insane? Where did Sarkhan go and is he still under Bolas' influence? Where did Ob go? Where will Tamiyo go and will she be able to forgive herself for opening that scroll even if it wasn't the same spell or her actually doing it? There's just so many questions that aren't answered and need resolution that it's difficult to just end so abruptly.
  • edited September 2016
    I gave Cenyidir some friends to help him out of exile; a friendly fire warrior and a little kitten (okay both of those are horribly wrong. They're both savage elemental creatures haha).

• Wait... I know what might kill the Eldrazi - Fight Evil with Evil, Fight Eldrazi with Eldrazi!
This discussion has been closed.