Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL

Comments

• Hey @joemamajoe, what's the purpose of Amendments? It doesn't really fit the enchantment flavor, and I don't see how it fits into the game, or the flavor of it. 
  • edited August 2020
    Mill-jutsu {X} ({X}: Return a creature card from your graveyard among cards you mill this turn to your hand: Put this card into your graveyard.)
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/adept-of-the-unknown -(editing required)

Fortune teller {X} ({X}, Reveal a random card on your graveyard or exile face down: You may play that card. If you don't, exile it face up)
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/emeralda-the-forecast-mill -(editing required)

Hypnotized (This creature can't attack or block on its next turn. After this turn, it loses hypnotized.) - developing grammar
  • Scarecrow (Creatures with flying must blocked this creature if able.)
  • edited August 2020
    Skirk (This creature can't be blocked by creatures with lesser toughness.)
  • Fairy tale {X} (As you cast an Adventure spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its fairy tale cost. If you do, add this card’s effects to that spell.)
  • I actually really like Fairy Tale @CassZero, though for many reasons it wouldn't work. I'll call in @joemamajoe
  • @CassZero, @LordTachanka123, I think Fairy tale is technically already made because of this:

Splice onto Adventure [Cost] (As you cast an Adventure spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card’s effects to that spell.)
  • Oh, that's true @joemamajoe. Whilst I still do like the flavor of it @CassZero, I suggest putting it back in the lab and trying to work it differently. 
  • Bleeding (At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on it.)

Drain (The next time the drained land adds mana, this land adds {c} mana instead.)
  • edited August 2020
    Supply (Whenever you cast a creature spell, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
  • Blessed (This permanent can't be sacrificed)
  • edited August 2020
    Lead (This card can't be discarded.)
  • I feel like those two mechanics are based off each other. 
  • edited August 2020
    Diminutive. . . a creature with power 3 or less . . . 
  • Wield - At the beginning of your upkeep, if an artifact equipment isn't equipped to this creature, search your library and or graveyard for an artifact equipment with converted mana cost equal to or less than N, then equip it to this creature.
  • edited August 2020
    Interfere N - (Whenever a creature you control
    would block or be blocked, you may have this creature take its place. If you do, this creature gets+N/+N until end of turn.)

• Injured is a status, like ‘untapped’ or ‘phased out’. Injured creatures can’t participate in combat, but they’re still on the battlefield. Creatures only stop being injured on your untap step, if there’s no damage assigned to them. Example:

Deal 1 damage to target creature and injure it. (An injured creature can’t participate in combat. On its controller’s untap step, if there is no damage assigned to it, it becomes uninjured.) 

That’s the basic idea. White likes to prevent injuring, Blue isn’t really doing much with the mechanic, Black likes to destroy injured creatures or turn them into zombies, Red is usually the one doing the injuring, and Green likes to heal injured creatures.
  • Ritual - (This spell costs X less to cast, where
    X is how many Priests you control.)

That’s meant for really huge creatures and sorceries that have an occult feel. White has a couple, Blue has tons, Black has somewhere in between, Red has even less than White, and Green doesn’t have any.
  • Rite (Each card you discard while casting this spell pays for [1] or one mana of that card's colors.)
  • @RandomFandom, Ritual shouldn't have tons in blue. It should be in this order, from most cards to least cards:

Black, White, Blue, Red, Green.
  • edited August 2020
    High Noon [Cost] (If you cast this spell for [Cost], exile it as it resolves. Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, you may cast this spell without paying its mana cost.)

It is named High Noon for a wild-west themed set and cards.
  • Infernal (When this card is exiled from your graveyard, it deals 1 damage to any target.)
  • Loath - When this card is exiled from your graveyard, [effect]

@CassZero, I think it should be something like that.
  • Corrupted - If you control three or more black creatures, [effect]
  • edited August 2020
    Illusion (When this creature is dealt damage, return it to its owner's hand.)
  • edited August 2020
    Predator (Beasts, Dinosaurs with power 4 or more, and creatures with trample are predators.)

Like historic.
  • edited August 2020
    Principle - If you would draw a card, [effect] ... instead.
    For non-color pie cards.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bourgeois-goblin?list=set&set=54688
  • Predator feels odd @joemamajoe, because some cards it includes are herbivores.