Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Pursue [Cost] (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, you may cast this spell from your hand for [cost].)

OR;

Pursue N [Cost] (Whenever a creature with converted mana cost N enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, you may cast this spell from your hand for [cost].)
  • edited October 2020
    Unwanted guess (Whenever an triggered abillity or spell your opponents control make you reveals your hand, that player sacrifice a permanent or discard a card.)

Hitman (Whenever one or more nontoken creatures your opponents control dies each combat, you may create a Treasure token. Otherwise, put +1/+1 counter on this crature.)
  • @joemamajoe I think @CassZero is trying for a whole different idea then what you said.
  • edited October 2020
    @ChoyBoi, probably not. He's ignored me and unfavorited all my cards that he favorited a while back because I gave him harsh feedback on one of his cards.  :|
  • what card? I'm just curious.
  • I forget. It had something to do with a custom mechanic he made called witchcraft.
  • edited October 2020
    Ravage N [Cost] (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay [cost]. If you do, put N +1/+1 counters on this creature and it's sacrificed at the beginning of the next end step.)
  • Fire token (They're artifacts with "{2}, {t}, Sacrifice this artifact: It deals 1 damage to any target.)
  • Song (Your song consists of three diferent melodies. Only the top ability applies to the full song.)

Melody {cost} (If you cast this spell for its melody cost, put it over or under another song you own.)
  • Exclusive [Cost] (You may cast this spell for [Cost] if there are no other cards in your hand.)
  • Summon (You may pair this creature with another unpaired Human creature when either enters the battlefield. Whenever an opponent targets the paired Human with a spell, that player choose this creature on the battlefield if able instead.)
  • edited October 2020
    Knowledge - ... [if/as long as] you have six or more cards in hand ...
  • edited October 2020
    Undercity... [if/as long as] there are two or more land cards in your graveyard, ...
  • Malice (Whenever this creature deals lethal damage to a creature, if this creature isn't malicious, put N +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes malicious.)
  • edited October 2020
    Modify N — [Cost] (If you cast this spell for [cost], it's an Equipment spell with “Equip {N}.” It becomes a creature again when equipped creature dies.)
  • edited October 2020
    Riposte N (When this creature blocks another creature, it gets +N/+0 until end of turn.)

For example: 

I was going to call the mechanic Counter Strike except that’s already a thing apparently.
  • edited October 2020
    Wildfire N [Cost] (If you cast this spell for its wildfire cost, copy it N times. The targets for the copies are chosen at random.)

@RandomFandom, who cares? They don't own that name. Call it whatever you'd like.
  • @joemamajoe Yeah, but counter strike is popular right now, and the reminder text for it is so long that it’s impossible to fit on most cards. If I called my mechanic counter strike and put the reminder text on there, people might not realize the mechanics are different. They would think the original counter strike did what mine did. So I can’t really call it that, see?

Also, Wildfire is a sick mechanic. There’s so much design space, I really like it. Just a heads up though, you called the mechanic Firestarter in your reminder text.

• Tyrant (Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, put a tyrannous counter on this creature.)
  • Aggravating (This creature deals damage to creatures in the form of +1/-1 counters.)

• Unconquerable (This spell can’t be countered, this permanent can’t be exiled, and effects your opponent’s control can’t cause you to discard this card.)

Ability I made a long time ago with updated wording.
  • Undead [Cost] (When this creature dies, if it wasn’t a Zombie, you may pay [cost]. If you do, return it to the battlefield except it’s a 2/2 black Zombie in addition to it’s other colors and types.)
  • Infuriate [Cost] (You may cast this spell for [cost] if a creature dealt damage to you this turn.)
  • Forestmorph [cost] (You may cast this creature face down as a colorless forest land with "{t}: Add {g}" for {3}. Turn it face up at any time for its forestmorph cost)
  • edited October 2020
    Enduring N [Cost] (Whenever this creature is dealt damage, you may pay [cost]. If you do, put N +1/+1 counters on it.)
  • Whenever you have a moment, could you please fix the Sanity mechanic so that it's more intuitive? Thank you :)

Sanity {Cost} (You may reveal this card as you draw it and cast it for its Sanity cost.)

Also, some new mechanics:

Elementalist - Whenever a [same color/s as this permanent] Wizard or a [same color/s as this permanent] Elemental enters the battlefield under your control, (effect...)

Freeze {Cost} ({Cost}, Exile this card from your hand: Draw a card. You may play the exiled card for as long as it remains exiled.)

Vibrant (If this permanent would be put into the graveyard from the battlefield, if it was one or less colors, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control except it's all colors.)

Planeswalk (Put a +1/+1 counter on this creature then treat it as though it didn't exist until the beginning of your next turn. Draw a card.) 
    - It words just like explore. Creatures can planeswalk, they don't have an ability called planeswalk.
  • Stealthwalk (This creature can't be blocked by creatures with greater converted mana cost.)
  • Salute (Whenever this creature attacks or blocks, it gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control.)
  • edited October 2020
    Buff N. (Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control with converted mana cost N or less.)

Mission (When this creature enters the battlefield, choose target creature or planeswalker. When this creature deals combat damage to the chosen permanent, destroy that permanent and put a mission counter on this creature.)

Spy N (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, that player or that planeswalker's controller reveals N cards at random from their hand.)

Thorns (Whenever this creature becomes blocked by one or more creatures, this creature gets +X/+0 where X is the blocking creatures' total power.)
  • Gather _____. (Target opponent reveals their hand. You choose a ______ card from it. Exile that card. You may cast it without paying its mana cost for as long as it remains exiled.)