Mechanix Challenge - Sixteen

84 years ago, @Tomigon, @MrRansom, @AustinSmith and @Corwinnn started a project called TheMechanix. Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - Sixteen
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/13738
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In Mechanix Challenge Sixteen, the focus is on Keyword Abilities - Triggered
Mechanix Challenge - Sixteen features mechanics from @WitchDoctor133, @TheCopyrightContinuum, @CrucibleOfHate, @kauyon, @Sorins_Thirst, @Wiilli, @michaelmvm, @Connor2001, @monikero, @Thorblood, @RohanDragoon, @liftinggravity and @Kinojitsu_Asahi

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, usefulness and flavor.

Limit of fifteen entries max per person.
Deadline in 1 week : Dec 23rd
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY- and added to -HALL OF FAME- !
*Winners may choose a mechanic from Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL. They will be used in Mechanix Challenge Sixteen or Seventeen!

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Ragelust by WitchDoctor133
    Ragelust (Whenever this creature attacks, add {g} or {r} to your mana pool.)

Maim N by TheCopyrightContinuum
    Maim N (Whenever this creature attacks, up to N target creatures can't block this turn.)

Beacon by CrucibleOfHate
    Beacon (When this card is put into the graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library.)

Sage by kauyon
    Sage (Whenever you would draw a card, you may discard a card instead. If you do, scry 2, then draw a card.)

Decompose by Sorins_Thirst
    Decompose N (At the beginning of your upkeep, put N +1/-1 counters on this creature.)

Devolve by wiilli
    Devolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if its power or toughness is greater than this creature's, put a -1/-1 counter on this creature.)

Imprison by michaelmvm
    Imprison (Whenever this creature enters the battlefield, exile another target creature. Its owner may pay its mana cost at any time to return it to the battlefield.)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE : (White mechanic)

Force sensitive by michaelmvm
    Force sensitive (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature without force sensitive, return that creature to its owner's hand at the end of combat.)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE : (star wars Jedi/Sith)

Destructor N by michaelmvm
    Destructor N (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, destroy up to N target nonland permanents that player controls.)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE : (eldrazi)

Trickster by Connor2001
    Trickster (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, you may switch that creature's power and toughness until end of turn.)

Grasp by monikero
    Grasp (When this creature dies, you may pay {x} and discard X cards. If you do, return it to its owner's hand.)

Advantage by Thorblood
    ORIGINAL - Static
    Advantage (If creature is blocked and opponent controls more than one blocker, you may switch blockers with another attacking creature)
    UPDATE IDEA - Triggered
    Advantage (When this creature attacks, you choose which creatures block this combat and how those creatures block.)

Soul Fluctuation by RohanDragoon
    Soul Fluctuation (Whenever this creature deals combat damage, you gain life equal to its toughness and lose life equal to its power.)

Bounty by liftinggravity
    Bounty N (When this creature dies, put N +1/+1 counters on each creature that dealt damage to it this turn.)

Hypothesize [A] or [B] by Kinojitsu_Asahi
    ORIGINAL - Triggered
    Hypothesize [A] or [B] (At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If you win the flip, this creature gains [A] until end of turn. If you lose the flip, it gains [B] until end of turn.)
    *Wording modification by Tomigon
    UPDATE IDEA - Ability
    Hypothesize -- At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If you win the flip, this creature gains [A] until end of turn. If you lose the flip, it gains [B] until end of turn.
  • edited December 2016
    NOTE - Advantage and Hypothesize both have alternate versions, and you are invited to use them if you like!
  • Ok, here's my entry with Sage. The mechanic name would better apply to a creature, but I find it very applicable in other types of permanents so:
  • @fepiera - Nice. We're all about finding ways to use the mechanics, or improving them if they need it, however they may inspire you!
  • edited December 2016
    Advantage
  • edited December 2016
    Bounty by @liftinggravity should probably have a minor change:
    Bounty N (When this creature dies, put N +1/+1 counters on each creature that dealt damage to it this turn.)

Replace "all creatures" with "each creature".
  • Soul Fluctuation:
  • edited December 2016
    Sage
  • edited December 2016
    @Rednaxela
    My Misinformed Teacher wants you to know that Darvan is pretty busted. He really is too good IMO.
  • @Faiths_Guide I think it's better now
  • Imprison

Also decided to include Purge from Mechanix Challenge - Thirteen
  • Soul Fluctuation
  • @Rednaxela
    Ya, Darvan is better now. Maybe just have {u} to investigate!
  • My submission for Sage:

• Thanks @Faiths_Guide, I changed that!
    Changed one a bit to make it a bit less OP and more eldrazi-y.
  • edited December 2016
    Hello Hello! Today I have three excellent cards to show to you, none of which are late entries or Slivers.

First up, a remake of one of my very first MTG Cardsmith Cards: Moody Bidoof!

The Reworded version of @Kinojitsu_Asahi's Hypothesize is almost the exact same thing as moody. Literally the only difference is that Moody triggers on each upkeep rather than only your upkeep. (And the old version of Moody had a weird thing about rolling dice, although I have since updated the mechanic to flip a coin, a decision I made back in October but have not acted on until this time.)

Keeping up with our Bidoof Trend, we have Waterwield Sage!

I took the liberty of changing sage's rules text to read like the other draw replacement mechanic: Dredge This specific card is designed for that Bidoof tribal deck that by now someone has to be brewing (Hopefully :P). It is supposed to allow you to grab a Bidoof from the top of your deck while triggering Sage.

Ok, look, by now, you may be thinking "Enough with the Bidoofs already, you have been making them since March!" Well, today, I bring you the latest installment in the "Hated Creatures" lineup: Gungans!

I was recently Re-Watching all 7 Star Wars movies, in canonical order, to prepare for Rouge One's release today. After re-watching A Phantom Menace, my hatred for Gungans began to swell to a level it hasn't reached since the last time I watched the prequel trilogy. Then I saw this Video and the decompose mechanic. I thought "Why Not!" and made some undead Gungans. Meesa Very Happy nowsa.

Possibly more to come?
  • edited December 2016
  • Ok, I got 2 cards for you, both white black:

First, one with Devolve and Promote from Mechanix Challenge - 10:

Second, one with Decompose and Soul Fluctuation:
    Poor spirit :(
  • edited December 2016
    First entry:

I just had the feeling, thet mechanic might go well with all the madness stuff you find in Innistrad.
  • edited December 2016
    Alright, someone has to do it. I present, the galaxy's most famous bounty hunter: Boba Fett: http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/boba-fett-bounty-hunter-15
    I decided to use Council's Dilemma so that the various "crime lords" could vote on who they wanted down. And yes, the Bounty value effectively doubles plus the player's votes at each of your upkeeps. It has been errata'd: Bounty stacks. The jetpack gives him flying, and the double blasters give him double strike. Have fun with +1/+1 counters and be glad I didn't include deathtouch.
  • edited December 2016
This discussion has been closed.