Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• edited October 2021
    @MonkeyPirate2002  head hit GIF your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 28 - Adventure (Challenge): Cash this in anytime to go on an adventure!
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a non-Human Wizard creature card :smile:
    That prize gives you 30 prizes, earning you your 8th mystery box point. Please choose the prize of your choice (non-premium) from here.
  • Create a non-Human Wizard creature card

Sure, I'll go on an adventure.
    • Prize 76 - An Equation: Choose two prize numbers (1 through 139) and await further instructions.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Aura that allows you to control the permanent it's enchanting.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/crypt-possession-1

Hit me, and is there an accessible list of the prizes somewhere?
  • edited October 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create a 1/1 creature that costs Red or WhiteGreen or WhiteWhite or Blue using the following artwork by Michael Cooper.

Twitch Duel with Shadowreign: Create a card in 30 minutes!
    Opalescent Wyvern

I will trigger an Encounter (Daily Gambit), as well as a Mechanix Deadline!

One curious container please. :)

Personal Prize Inventory (with drop references)
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize ??? – Encounter (Daily Gambit): This is a situational consequence that you are faced with. Often times this will be a threat that you must personally rid from existence. Other times this will be a situation you must solve with a string of cards. [X]
    • Prize 63 - Leftovers: When you cash this in, you'll get a random prize from the last batch. A batch is 2+ mystery boxes. Can't be used if only 1 prize in the batch. [Spellwebs]
    • Prize 22 - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve. [Spellwebs]
    • Prize 101 – 1-challenge (Moshpit): Activate a moshpit by tagging 3+ cardsmiths, inviting them to the moshpit 
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mechanix (Deadline): You may activate this deadline.
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize ??? – Spider Silk: (Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice.)
    • Prize 116 - Reactivation (Challenge): Cash this in to re-activate and receive a challenge from a random discussion located on page 1-100 of the forums.
    • Prize 80 - Extra Credit: You may submit a card from another contest as an entry for this deadline at any time.
    • Prize 138 - Casual (Deadline Modifier): Casual Prizes ONLY
    • Prize 45 – Weather Change
    • Prize 5 – Madman's Glasses
    • Duel vs Globert-the-Martian – Create a card for a song from the Mystery Box Playlist
    • Prize 129 - 3D Goggles: In your boxes this deadline, you will have a 50/50 shot at a prize as normal + your normal Challenge, but then a choice between another prize -or- challenge.
    • Prize 101 – 1-challenge (Moshpit): Activate a moshpit by tagging 3+ cardsmiths, inviting them to the moshpit
    • Prize ??? – Dueling Boots: Challenge any of Jadefire, ShadowReign, or Globert-the-Martian to a duel. (Because they were in the stream!)
  • edited October 2021
    @jpastor ;
    Thanks. 

I suppose I'll activate my "Prize 76 - An Equation: Choose two prize numbers (1 through 139) and await further instructions." And choose 7 and 24.
  • edited October 2021
    @LeBateauIvre
    your equation is 24 - 7 = 17. You get Prize 17 - Art (Modifier): Activate this at any time to change the mystery challenges to those themed around card artwork.
  • Moshpits

Winner = @Corwinnn

Winner = @Corwinnn
  • edited October 2021
    @MonkeyPirate2002 your off on an adventure. You'll face a series of Mystery Challenges until you complete your adventure.

You're an explorer, searching the dense jungle for lost treasure.

Create a creature that explores or creates a treasure token.
  • @LeBateauIvre your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 121 - Photography (Challenge): Cash this in to receive a challenge to use your own photography of something for the artwork of your card.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a 1-mana instant the custom mechanic of your choice!
    @cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 106 - Antique (Challenge): Cash in to receive a p1 - 100 Mystery Box Challenge.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-white creature with @OneBigBlueSky's Ritual N (Put a ritual counter on this creature at the
      beginning of each upkeep. When it has N ritual
      counters, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end
      step.)
  • edited October 2021
    Create a creature that explores or creates a treasure token.

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a 1-mana instant the custom mechanic of your choice!

https://mtgcardsmith.com//process-2
    Another box please. 
  • edited October 2021
    A Mystery Challenge: Create an enchantment that can be cycled.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bonded-triad

It's an enchantment creature that essentially becomes a Lifelink aura, a Vigilance aura, and a Flight aura when you cycle it but it's done with ability counters to make the wording cleaner.

I'll activate Prize 127 - Dueling Ring choosing this card and 
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/trip-up-2

Could I get another mystery box?
  • Challenge: create a card inspired by a song from the mystery box Spotify playlist

Based on Smooth Criminal, by Alien Ant Farm:

• @jpastor Is the create a card from the Spotify playlist special event open to anyone or just the people who were on stream when it was announced?
  • @Jadefire closed challenge for those who received it on stream.
  • edited October 2021
    @LeBateauIvre your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 109 - Double or Nothing (Duel): You may challenge target cardsmith to back-to-back duels.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Variable Colorless spell with Descend (If you have ten or more creature cards in your graveyard, you get the crypt's blessing for the rest of the game.) - that's an ability by @Corwinnn
    @Jadefire you won the duel. Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 125 - Dueling Ring
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Dragon creature with Overkill N - Whenever damage dealt by [this card's name] to another creature is N or greater than that creature's toughness, [effect].
    • Overkill N is a modified mechanic, based on this ability by @opcode_6e.

• @jpastor can the recreated card be older or does it have to be new? Is this like a reworking of the card or just a different take on the art?
  • edited October 2021
    @sorinjace
    this is a different take on the art and flavor. the card text should remain the same. The card can be any magic card that's been in 3+ magic sets.
  • edited October 2021

Moshpit 

Submit entry here for the moshpit @MonkeyPirate2002 has invited you to.

@Corwinnn, @Jadefire, @ShadowReign, @cadstar369, @Tonysparks, @MonkeyPirate2002

You've been dared to complete the following moshpit mystery challenge: 

Create a card using one of jpastor's custom mechanics featured below.
    Bloodcraze N <i>(Whenever this creature attacks, it gets +N/+N until end of turn for each creature defending player controls that was dealt damage this turn.)</i>
    Instigate <cost> <i>(At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay <cost>. If you do, this creature must be blocked this turn if able.)</i>
    Precede N <i>(When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card with mana value N or less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)</i>
    Mystic <cost> (Reveal the top card of your library: You may cast this spell by putting the revealed card into your graveyard and paying the Mystic cost reduced by that card's converted mana cost.)</i>
    Illustrate <cost> <i>(<cost>, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a blue Illusion token with this card's name and "{t}, Sacrifice this Illusion: Scry 1.")</i>
    Ravaging <i>(This creature can deal excess combat damage to other target creatures under the control of the player it's attacking.)</i>
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-white creature with @OneBigBlueSky's Ritual N (Put a ritual counter on this creature at the beginning of each upkeep. When it has N ritual counters, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.)

Moshpit Challenge: Create a card using one of jpastor's custom mechanics. (Choosing Mystic)
    Goldlight Faithmender

From today's Twitch stream, I'll activate the following:
    • Prize 66 - Cardsmiths Against Humanity (Challenge)
    • Prize 45 - Weather Change (Modifier)
    • Prize 89 - Bag of Gemstones: Request feedback on 1-5 cards. [I assume this 1-5 is random?]
    • Prize 94 - Favorites: On all entries with a link to the card this deadline.
    I'll also put on my 3D Goggles. :o

Still waiting on my Encounter (Daily Gambit) from last post. :)

Another mystery box please!

Personal Prize Inventory (with drop references)
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize 63 - Leftovers: When you cash this in, you'll get a random prize from the last batch. A batch is 2+ mystery boxes. Can't be used if only 1 prize in the batch.
    • Prize 22 - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    • Prize 126 - Song (Gambit)
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize ??? – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice.
    • Prize 116 - Reactivation (Challenge): Cash this in to re-activate and receive a challenge from a random discussion located on page 1-100 of the forums.
    • Prize 80 - Extra Credit: You may submit a card from another contest as an entry for this deadline at any time.
    • Prize 138 - Casual (Deadline Modifier): Casual Prizes ONLY
    • Prize 45 – Weather Change
    • Prize 5 – Madman's Glasses
    • Duel vs Globert-the-Martian – Create a card for a song from the Mystery Box Playlist
    • Prize 129 - 3D Goggles: In your boxes this deadline, you will have a 50/50 shot at a prize as normal + your normal Challenge, but then a choice between another prize -or- challenge.
    • Prize ??? – Dueling Boots: Challenge any of Jadefire, ShadowReign, or Globert-the-Martian to a duel. (Because they were in the stream!)
    • Prize 22 - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft.
    • Prize 97 - Cloning Ritual: You may receive a duplicate prize of one of a prize in the same batch as your box.
  • @cadstar369
    you can pick how many gemstones you'd like!
    Your encounter (gambit)
    A weird natural occurrence caused strange underwater creatures to surface. They are newly discovered species. You've been assigned as the lead investigative scientist to study these creatures, and determine how to eradicate them, if they are a threat.
    - Create a creature card showcasing these weird creatures.
    - Create an investigative card.
    - If you feel they are a threat, create an eradication card. (Optional)

Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 111 - Encounter (Gambit): Another one
    • Cardsmiths Against Humanity Challenge: Create a card that's name fills in the blank. 

Weather Change: Firestorm

• Create a card using one of jpastor's custom mechanics (Ravaging)

Noticed I haven't gotten a mystery box for my previous card, whoops! Hit me please!

• You got it buddy - nice card! @MonkeyPirate2002 - Your last spellweb entry was your 50th entry in one of my Mystery discussions. As a result, you earned your 9th mystery point! This means prize time! Please choose anything nonpremium from here. Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 131 - Word of the Day (Gambit): Receive a bonus challenge to complete a card that's name or a custom mechanic on the card matches a given word.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-blue Beast creature.
  • I’ll nab a Reshuffle for later use.

Forgot to grab a prize for the last Mystery Box point. I’ll grab a coin as well.
  • edited October 2021
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a Dragon creature with Overkill N.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/luminous-ravager

Did a slight tweak to the wording of Overkill to bring it closer to Oracle templating but it works identically.  Can I get another box?

• https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/juno-sun-of-lumen

I'm on mobile so I couldn't embed the link
  • Custom challenge creature ^^^
  • @jpastor

I would like to activate prize 45 during the Moshpit because I'm a psychopath

• Prize 45 - Weather Change (Deadline Modifier): You can activate this to bring about a random weather scenario in the Mystery Box Discussion that will affect all mystery challenges.
  • edited October 2021
    @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 63 - Element 115: Cash this in and you'll get an additional Mystery Box.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-red creature with @seaspray4TF3's DEFECT ability.
    Defect N <i>(This enters the battlefield with N loyalty counters on it. When the last loyalty counter is removed, target opponent gains control of it.)</i>
This discussion has been closed.