Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Milestones Recapped

I went back over all the milestones given so far to see what has been awarded to you and what I missed. Anything that's off is listed below, otherwise it was perfect!

?@Jadefire
    - 〽️ Adjusted (60〽️ Total)
    - 7? deducted from future 20-point milestones.
    - 1? deducted from future 50-point milestone.

?‍☠️ @ShadowReign
    - 2? deducted from future 20-point milestones.

?@cadstar369
    - 〽️ Adjusted = 90〽️ Total)
    - 5? deducted from future 20-point milestones.
    - 1❓ deducted from future 25-point milestones.
    - 2? deducted from future 50-point milestones.

@Robo_Kitty
    - 〽️ Adjusted (90〽️ Total)
    - 3? deducted from future 20-point milestones.
    - 1❓ deducted from next 25-point milestone.

@TheDarkKnight1234567
    - 〽️ Adjusted (165〽️ Total)
    - 2? deducted from future 20-point milestones.

@kaoz42
    - 1? deducted from next 20-point milestone

@SpellPiper2213
    - 〽️ Adjusted (40〽️ Total)

@FireOfGolden
    - 〽️ Adjusted (20〽️ Total)

@TheKeefMan
    - 〽️ Adjusted (10〽️ Total)

@Ranshi
    - 〽️ Adjusted (50〽️ Total)
    - 2❓ Owed (You get two prizes of choice.)
    - ? deducted from next 50-point milestone

@Potato13
    - 2? deducted from next 20-point milestones

@12SidedGuy
    - 4? deducted from next 20-point milestones
    - 1❓ deducted from next 25-point milestone

@StuffnSuch
    - 1❓ deducted from next 25-point milestone

@ManInMaroon_948

@balloonnation
    - 2? deducted from next 20-point milestones

Mystery Boxes

?@cadstar369 you get both 〽️? (10 ZIb + 5 Favorites) ? is not a choice anymore.
    Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a heroic creature with fear, a green mechanic, and can be cast from your graveyard conditionally when a nonpermanent is exiled.
    • Nanoshield Protectors ?️ Until end of deadline, your entries can't be blasted. Post the ?️ emoji with each entry.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a 1/1 in japanese font and a disturb with white mana (if on mtgcs, japanese will appear as japanese on the webpage, but jumbled grubbish on the card).
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an instant with awaken 2 with the word 'fighting' in its name that allows you to choose between a red-identity mode and mana ability, and whose mana value is less than or equal to the number of sentences on the card.
    @FireOfGolden your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card inspired by lyrics or visuals in the music video of the song of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
    @TheDarkKnight1234567 man I miss cheesy cardsmith and magic memes. Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a meme or comment on 5 cards to earn 5〽️ (Each card must rate differently in your opinion: Garbage, Bad, Okay, Good, Amazing)
  • What do these emojis each mean?
  • @jpastor
    Mate... I am deaf.
  • @Ranshi ;
    〽️ = Zib (shop currency)
    ? = 5 Favs
    ❓ = Prize of Choice
    ? = Featured Card
    (Reference over here.)
  • edited September 2023

???????????

??????????? is opening soon. Soft opening for Mystery Boxers continues with attractions that are open on Page 335 only.

(Choose one of the following attractions at a time when requesting your mystery box. As usual, submit a card before choosing posting for another.)
    • Go-Cartes ?️ Post that you're entering the race to receive a mystery box with one of the Go-Cartes, represented as a mystery challenge.. You can enter the race with more than one Go-Carte.
    • Observation Tower Post that you're going to the top of the Observation Tower to receive a normal mystery box equipped with judging practice.
    • The Beachwalk ?️ Post that you're going for a stroll on the beach for a bit to get mystery boxes with a nontraditional prize instead of a mystery challenge.
    • The Mystery Train ? Post that you're hopping on board the Mystery Train, and it will take you to a mystery place.
  • @FireOfGolden - I know.. that is why i worded your mystery challenge the way i did
  • Welp, I will see what can I do with this challenge.
  • edited September 2023
    @jpastor...

How could you do this to me. You made me say people's cards were bad... :disappointed:

Amazing:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rampaging-maulhorn
    Good:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jadefire-and-psyre
    Okay:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/trade-treasure-for-trash
    Bad:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/harmonys-keep
    Trash:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/smashrock-giant?list=user

It felt like cheating to comment on cards for a while ago that nobody will see, so I commented on recently made/featured cards.

I'd like to leave the lazy river and hop on the mystery train.
  • @jpastor...
    You want me to make a card inspired by a depressed music? ?
  • can i join this ?
  • @LvB certainly! Just ask for a Mystery Box and jpastor, Jadefire, or myself will toss one your way. Mystery Boxes come with a card creation challenge and a chance at a prize. You can do these at your own pace, and you can request another box after you post a card to complete your current one. Would you like a box now?

(For more detail about the prizes and other fun bonuses, see jpastor's intro video and the mystery box website. If you want a special box from one of the ByeByeWorld attractions, make sure to word your request accordingly.)
  • @FireOfGolden
    I'm glad you're up for the challenge.

?@LvB - Hello there big friend! Your very first mystery box awaits you! Post a card for it to request another box. Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Prize 42 - Mark of the Assassin The Scraphead Badge (I will post this emoji by your name forever.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-black Human Assassin creature card.
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567 - The Mystery Train ??️ Observation Tower

Observation Tower ? (Added to open attractions for the page.) Submit your entry along with your vote for the best entry so far IYO of all the entries posted this deadline. If the voted entry makes Top 4 this deadline, post here to remind me to give you a bonus reward.

• Prize 13 - Extermination CompanionsChoose any Scraphead to receive a mystery box with a prize.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that can't block and has rather gross flavor text.
  • Does IYO stand for "including your own"?
  • in your opinion
  • edited September 2023
    Mystery Challenge: Create a heroic creature with fear, a green mechanic, and can be cast from your graveyard conditionally when a nonpermanent is exiled.

Mystery Challenge: Create a 1/1 in japanese font and a disturb with white mana.

Mystery Challenge: Create an instant with awaken 2 with the word 'fighting' in its name that allows you to choose between a red-identity mode and mana ability, and whose mana value is less than or equal to the number of sentences on the card.
    ?️

Gemata Autumn MenderFighting Flames

?️

(Depending on how long it takes MTGCS to see the update from MTG Design, there may be a wording error on Gemata when you see it. Clicking it should link to the updated version though.)

MTGCS gave me a memory error whenever I tried to publish the japanese entries; translations below:
    Sanctuary Warden {1}{w}
    Creature – Human Cleric [1/1]

At the beginning of combat on each opponent’s turn, that opponent may pay {1}. If they don’t, they can’t attack you this combat.

Disturb {2}{w} (You may cast this card from your graveyard transformed for its disturb cost.)

~~~

Sanctuary Ward
    Enchantment

Creatures can’t attack you or planeswalkers you control unless their controller pays {1} for each of those creatures.

If Sanctuary Ward would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.

I'd like to go to the top of the Observation Tower for my next box please. :)
  • edited September 2023
    @jpastor
    Will this do?

If so, hit me another mystery box.
  • LvBLvB
    edited September 2023
    • A Mystery Challenge: Prize 42 - Mark of the Assassin ? The Scraphead Badge (I will post this emoji by your name forever.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-black Human Assassin creature card.

Next one please ;)
  • Challenge: Reimagine the assassinate mechanic and put it on a card you create.

I’d like another box please.
  • @cadstar369
    • Prize 21 - Inferno Projectors ? Blast 3 entries.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact with a monogreen identity and post your vote for the best entry submitted so far.
    @FireOfGolden
    Which attraction my dude?
  • @jpastor
    Mystery Train, mate
  • edited September 2023
    @jpastor I’ll take the mystery train as well.
  • @FireOfGolden
    I apologize for the mix-up! Let me correct that. I'll provide you with a special mystery box for your Mystery Train adventure.

As you board the Mystery Train, you find yourself surrounded by an air of anticipation. Passengers around you chat excitedly, wondering where the train will take them today. You take a seat by the window and watch as the landscape outside transforms from a bustling city to a serene countryside.

After a while, the train comes to a stop in a picturesque village nestled between rolling hills and a pristine lake. The conductor announces that this is your destination and hands you a mystery box. Inside the box, you find the following challenge:
    • Mystery Challenge: Create a card inspired by the peaceful village you've arrived in. The card should capture the essence of this place and its surroundings.
    You can now start brainstorming and designing your custom magic card based on this charming village setting. Enjoy your creative journey! ?

@Robo_Kitty
    Great choice! You board the Mystery Train, eager to discover where it will take you this time. The train departs with a rhythmic clatter, and you watch as the scenery outside changes once more.

After a few hours of travel, the train stops at the entrance of a dense, mysterious forest. The conductor informs you that this is your destination and hands you a mystery box. Inside, you find the following challenge:
    • Mystery Challenge: Create a card inspired by the mystical atmosphere of the enchanted forest. Your card should capture the sense of wonder and magic that permeates this place.
    Feel free to let your imagination run wild as you design your card based on the enchanting forest. Enjoy the journey of creativity! ???
  • @jpastor
    Another box please.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact with a monogreen identity and post your vote for the best entry submitted so far.
    ?️

Heartwood Nexus

?️

? ~ I vote for 聖域の守部 // 聖域の護法印.
    ? ~ I'll blast Trade Treasure for Trash, Devil's Twisted Melody, and Darkrunner Assassin.

I'd like to enter the Go-Cart race please.
  • @cadstar369
    - Prize 23 - Master Jadefire's Codex Amplifier ? You get 4 prizes from this page.
    - The Checkered Go-Cart 
    ?: Create a card inspired by the high-speed excitement of the Go-Cart race. Your card should capture the essence of speed and competition.
  • edited September 2023
    Hi everyone - I've decided to make the cantina feedback free 100% free - so I'm working on a replacement item so you can spend ZIB on things that interest you more actively. If you have any ideas, let me know. I have some ideas that I will start exploring. 

Also - would you guys like to see a Mystery Box Test Labs discussion? Where things like this park can be playtested on your own accord without interrupting the Mystery Box Challenges? I find the theme of the park could be just this, but perhaps oversimplifying it is better and creating a Test Labs makes more sense since this feels rather temporary.
  • @jpastor
    I'll have an Observation Tower box.
This discussion has been closed.