Tournament of Champions 3 (The game has begun!)

Comments

• @Jonteman93
    How much time passes in-universe before the first match?
  • edited July 2020
    @Abu_Jafar @KorandAngels
    @HeroKP I used it again if you don't mind too. :)
    I wanted to do something with the characters of those who were not chosen.
    I
     hope I have space to create other sidequest with the chosen ones too. :) Just call.

Storyline cards.
    Aeryn meditated again.

Sidequest: In the basement of the Kiserova temple

A few minutes later she began to hear a small murmur of prayer next to her. This caught her attention because it was not at the same pace as the others, native to the region. Aeryn opened her eyes and turned to the side. "Gustav correct?"
    "Not always ... '' Gustav had a somber expression but soon took care of himself when he finished the prayer, '' Yes, himself. You were one of the chosen ones for the tournament. Good luck with that. '' discouraged but gentle tone.
    "Yes, Aeryn Nox Lockhart '' They greeted each other.
    Aeryn looked over Gustav's shoulder and saw Cranket ''Are you following me? '' Aeryn spoke calmly without expressing a bit of an oddity from the situation.
    ''No, no. Excuse me. I followed the essence of the star. It takes a while to get out of my mind and out of my hydraulic system, '' said Cranket, patting his head lightly with his fist, ''Can I see you one last time? A voice said at the entrance that it would be very special this time. ''
    Aeryn pulled out of her bag and reached out to hand the star to Cranket, but something popped into her mind ... '' What voice at the entrance? ''Barely finished the sentence and a hooded man ran between them and stole the star. The hooded man looked old but very fast and went downhill at the back of the temple. Something even difficult to see if no one passed by.
    "That voice," replied Cranket.

Cranket was paralyzed.
    ''That star ... is that star that important? '' Aeryn gestured
    ''He was one of those in the arena. Knowing my story is probably something important. Why else would Cranket come here? '' Gustav was trying to help the little robot in some way.
    Aeryn sighed, ''I still have time and I will follow him. Don't expect too much. I'm not going to waste a lot of time on this. '' She started walking leisurely until the temple declined. Cranket followed her.
    Gustav didn't have much to do until his ship arrived to return to his city ... He kept thinking about the city. Gustav followed the two until the decline.
    The three were already descending the stairs when a crash and a small tremor kicked up dust in the hall and darkened the place.
    Aeryn ran to the closed entrance. She tried to push with runes and the sword. ''Divine magic, I forgot that we are in an ancient temple. Magic of ages'', thought Aeryn.
    Cranket used his antenna to emit a light. Aeryn picked up one of the runes that emitted a bright light to clear the place as well.
    ''Going down is no longer an option, '' said Gustav leading the way.

The descent was a little long until I reached a chamber that was very clear with details of the city's ancient civilization, but it was not possible to identify many details about this culture. In the center was an altar with a chalice. The hooded man was there holding the star close to the height of the chalice.
    An orange light shone on his back, emitting a small gale that threw the hooded cloak away.
    '' Stygas. He was also in the arena. '' 'Gustav spoke with clenched fists. Something bad flows in his blood when he sees that entity.
    '' I'm not the enemy, but you weren't supposed to be here. Maybe this eccentric robot '' said Stygas shaking the star and turning towards the three.
    ''Are you really going to want to fight? 'Asked Aeryn knowing the answer and drawing the sword.

[Unfortunately I have little time and I will not be able to describe the battle of the four characters. If someone wants to take the opportunity to explore something.] :)

Stygas disappeared into the chalice, which broke into several pieces. The star fell to the ground without light. Cranket was calmer and back to normal, the same was true for Gustav. Aeryn took the star and put it away.
    ''He's not a bad person. He'll probably come back somehow wherever he is now, '' said Aeryn of Stygas.
    The three calmer ones continued until an exit lit by the end of the day in the chamber. Gustav went to meet his ship and Cranket would try to invade the arena to see the fights.

Aeryn was tired and without much patience. It was already night when she arrived at the lodging. Some were working on their weapons in front of the door of their respective shacks, others were not present. Aeryn just wanted to take a shower and sleep. Maybe she'll talk to others the next day.
  • edited July 2020
    CassZero 
    I have not intended to create the guides myself so they are yours to make and use. 
    What they are for me is simple story tools in case I would need them. 

The contenders can ask to have a meeting with the first and second hosts of Medirna and Gwendolyn. Otherwise they'll interact with your characters under my writing.
    This since they are not only hosts of the tournament but why they were chosen as hosts. 
    The Justina and Moltava houses/families are important diplomatic "gears" for the factions. There are also some connections between Nadja and Daniel which only supported the purpose of the tournament even further, to bring the eyes blind and the ears deaf for anything else. 

Valierielle is actually the easiest to get in contact with of the primary hosts, even though she is in a similar position in her own family and she also shares blood with the royal family. She is however not very fond of the tournament but she hosts it because she must. No one in Vosanova really has the power to say "no" to either of the major factions. 

However: Since Valierielle is in a powerful position and dislikes the tournament, she have assigned servants of hers to act as hosts outside of the official appearances. 
    These people will be introduced before the first battles and will be much easier to get in contact with since they are just servants. 

Ydoplus_of_Forduuath 
    The timeline in the setting is kind of like the following:

Between elimination and first match: 1 week
    The first stage have two matches every week: so 4 weeks
    Time between first stage and second stage: about three weeks
    The second stage have one match every week: so 4 weeks
    Time between second stage and third stage is assumed to be 2 months
    The third stage is assumed to have two matches in one week: 1 week
    Time before the fourth stage is assumed to be 1 month

So from the elimination to the Final match, there is assumed to be about 6 months.
    (In the world) 

• Niran ran through the littered streets of Kiserova filled with glee. With each step, her heart soared to a height she never even dreamed of achieving. No longer was she a worthless orphan abandoned on the streets, Niran was now a champion, someone to both be feared and revered. Yet a dark thought creeped from the back of her mind. What if I’m not truly worthy to be a champion? I could very well have made it this far due to luck. What if I’m not so fortunate this time and lose? Niran shook her head.  She didn’t truly desire to win the tournament. She just wanted someone to call a friend.  Even if Niran lost this round, as long as she found someone she could love and be loved back, she would be truly happ—

What if, when I lose, no one cares about me anymore, and they throw me away again  just like in the streets?

Niran froze, before shuddering violently as a torrent of profane thoughts invaded her mind.

Y̶̢̬̝̘̮̿̏̊͌̑͘͝o̸̟̙̿̒͗̓͌́̽̒͑͆̏͊͑̚͠ü̴̲͎'̶̛̩̥̲͙̮̩̘̦́̄͑̔̈́̉̀̓̓̿̄́͠ŕ̷̬̠̙͔̠͙̹̹̈́̇̄̏́̕͠e̸̢̡͓͇̪͎̥̟̻̯̊͆͋͊́̀̇̓́́̈́̓͐́̕ ̸̧̗̗̺̞̖͈̮͕̰̗̈́̽̈́̂̚̕͜j̵̡̙͕͓͎̳̗͑̈́͐̃̉̈́̋͆͊̓̋̎͌͘͝ù̵̢̢̡͕̬̼̺͎̱̟̱̬͎̗s̶̮̠̦̹̝͖̪̪̬̝͇̫̩̋̊͐̏̿̔͜t̸̛̤͈͇̉͐̽̓̋́̔̄̅̕ ̵͕̭̥̻̓͋͂͊̎̿̊̿̓̏́̿̚͜a̵̢̼̙̙̻̗̬̣͈͔͕͚̖̰̣͑ ̶̰̣̲̜̦̠͙̣͇̟̼́̿͐͜s̸̛͎͍͛̐̇͘̚̕͝i̵̻̳̥̞̺̼̞̝͍̟͕͈͛͜l̵̲͙̻̭̳̤̜̇͋̂̂̀̿̈l̵̳͔̉̃̾̐̓͜͝͝y̶̡̩̟̣̳̱͚͕͌̈́͛̾͒̚ ̶̼̪̲̩̲̐u̵̳̪͇̲̺̘̥̞͐͊̾́̎͜͝r̶̳̹̪̰̫͎̲̒̆̐̎͊͛̑͊c̶̪̫̬͍̘̬̗̔̂͛͐͊͘͝͠h̸̢͍̖̼̣͕̘͖̲́͋͆̎̑͊̈̏̚͝i̷̢̜̻͐̏͋̃̔̔̈́̃͐̈̅͝͝ǹ̷̨̛̲̗̞̻̘̝̪̳̰̪̭̬̾͌͜

̴̢̧̛̞̤̮̥̩̬͑̇̊́̃͑̑̀́̓̕͝N̸͈͚͈̞͉̳͉̠̍̍͂̓̐̾͊̓̏̈́̕̚̕ó̶̡̡̨̨̭̱̜̳̫̺̞̥̱̖̾̆͂̓̌͊ ̴͇̘̊̽o̸̭̠̍n̴̡̧̛͕̩̬̻͎̥̈́̒͛̂̃̑͆͊̐̒͂͝ė̸̥̟̲̰̿͐̈̆̊̆́̈́̅̀̒̿̀̑ ̸̗͓̲̙̹͔́̈́̒̀̊̀͗̑͝l̶̹̰̪̰̗̦̠̳̔̋̈́́͐͊̒̈́͜͝i̶̦̼͋̒̈́̿̈͛k̸̡͍̭͍̘̭̺͑̈́͐́̋͐͒̕͝͝ë̵̡͇͓͇̪̱͖͕̹̗͙̘͖̩́͝s̷̢̹͇̍͐͐̑́̔͐̔̀̕ ̴̹̗̮̖̠̟͈̂ẙ̶̳̀̉̈́̈́͝͝ớ̷̦̻̈́̌́̌́̈́̊̈́͘͘̕ų̷͇̬̣̟̦͇͍̰̦̲̞̤͖͊̉͌̎̈̅̂̏̾͆͒͝.̶̛̥͙̤̌̓́̅̌̇͝ ̸̜̃̐̔̊͐̅̂̽͋̑̍̍̊̚͘Ņ̴̢͉̹̹̦͓͚̜͈̤̓̈́̅́͑͊̕̚͜͝ͅo̷̢̭̖̒͂̈́͜ ̷̡̨̨͓̥̣̱̖͎͎̖͚̖͋̀̅͊͛̕̚͝͝ơ̸͖͎̥̪͇̮̦̋̇̈́͜ͅn̷̨͔̔͊e̷̢̪̱̩͌̇ͅ ̶̢̡̨̢̥͓̲̝̼̪̫̺̺̐̇̓̋̽͊͒͑̓͝l̸̡̨͎̞͚̱͍̯͓̩̬͍̉̀͋̀̃̆̂́̾̆͑̐̚̕ͅo̷̞̗̮̻̗̮͓̊̎͒͊̕v̴̥͖̖̟̹̰̣̤̇́̍͌̇͘͝ȇ̵̱̥͙͆̈̔͝s̶̺̯͎̀̿̈̽̂̀̔̿͠ ̷͕̞̯̹̠̈́̃̎̆̍̾̋̔y̵̨̡̖͇͕̣̰͔͖̟͚̫̮͋̂̏̈́̚͘õ̸̥͔̱̳̗͙̲̯͙̀̃̎̑̾̍̆̕͝ů̴̲̻̆͐̑̉̑͘.̸̙̱̱̘̋͋̆̐̅̏͑͌͘̕̚͘͜͝ͅ

̸̢͇̘͉̯̟̝͈̭͇̞͗̅͒̂̌̏͋͋̋̉͠C̶̝̩͓̈̐̄̐͛͆͊͛̄͒́̃́͝ͅr̶̲̮͈͙͈͌̅́̀a̵̫͉͕̰̱̘̤͇͉̮͋̇̀̽̿̇̔̆̊̈́͘ͅw̶̰̠͎͙̪͎̯͈͔̗͖̙̎͆͗̄̈́͌͛̍̇́̔̇̍̀̏͜ͅͅl̷̗̺̥̘͔̩͕͍͗̃͊͌̅͂͒͂̃̚ ̴͚̻͖̄̌̍͘b̵͕͚̥͉̈́̊̂͠ą̴̗̫̈̍̽͋̕c̸͓͎̝͇̬̘͕̣͈̞̝̜̮̍̂́͗̆̐̆́̀̆̃͑̑̈́k̷̛̦̰̥͔͓̒͑̀̑͆͜͝ ̴͉̝̀̈́̐̈́́͗͐͛̚̚͜͝ͅi̸̢̯͋̆̊́̈́̈̈n̵̡̧̛̬͉͓̦̲͕̠̉͆̀̔͆͂̿̎͂͛̽̑t̶̨̯͖͍̬̪͉̭̟̟͆́̀͌̈̃̈́͐̆̏͠͝͝o̶̝̳͊̏͒̎̌͐̿̈́͝ ̴̱͓̤̺̺͔͕͉̭̩̜̪̻̬̾͜y̴̟̐̃̅̐͜ơ̷͕̝͛̒̋̔̑̌̐̀́͑̐̓ȗ̷̯̪̥͕̗̘̲̆͌͌͋͗̎͋̚͜͝r̷̢͉͉͍̥͚̲̞̬͔̻̥̈́́̾̈́̉̏̈́̈́̏͋̽ ̸̢̱̘͎̮͇̗̆f̴̲͎̦͉̈́͒̏i̵̡̨̜̙̝͉͊̅̒l̷̘͉̻̬͎͔͋̓͛̆͊͐̕͠t̶̡̩̬̱͙̀̅̀̆̊̔h̴͔̗̣̺̳̦̮̘͓̖̤̣͒̾͂̈́̍̿̈́̕͝y̸͕̩̙̲̬̓͛̊̐͆͛̀̍̕͘͝͠͝͝ ̴͚̘̥͖̒͛̽̂́̅͒̎ḩ̷̢͓̬̥͎̖̥̪̠̀͛͑o̵̧͊l̶̡̧̦͓̖̺̭͓̏̊͂͂̆͠ͅe̴̱̖͕̬̟̹̩̮̥̙͕̘̺̋̓̐͂̃̒̄̔̇́̌

̶̛̬̿̈̒͐͋́͆̐̒̀́̚̕͜͠E̴̮̳͍̿͛͆̀͛̅̕͝v̶̡̤̜̼̳̬͖̫̹̘̗̻̒̑̌͊̎̔͌͑̇͜ͅe̸̛̥͙͕̱̭̙̺̱͇͕̿͒́̓̓̿͛̀̕͝͝n̶̨̺̪̝̺͉̘̮͓̙̲̹̞̺̋̀́͋͜ ̸̧̡̼̤͎̻͍͕̭̳̦̹̩̪̽̀̋͐͋t̶̨̡̢͙͚͔̟͔̗͕̆͜h̸͉͔̣́͒̈́̔̈̚è̶͍̑̆͑̊̈́̈͗ ̸̢̢̡̻̜̬̞̫̺̺͔̓̏͛̄̿͘͜͝ŗ̷̰͔̪̤̙̳̘̳̮̑̆̿̅̔̓͗̊̕ȧ̵̭̮̜̯̬͌̑̀̌ͅͅt̸̢̢̳̤͖͙̓̊̓͐͐̆͊̎̀̎̾̋̌̚͘ͅs̶̘̖̹̪͉̠̗̝̱̼̭̪̻̞͊́͊̑́͊̏͂̈́̇͂́̚͜ ̶̖͉̉͌ą̴͍̪͌̔̉̾̀̋̇̌̽͝ṛ̸̥̣͗̕e̸̢̬̙̖̪̘̟̟̣̟̔̿̉́͑̀̈́͛ ̵̧̠̼͚̱͙͔̭̀́́̂͑̾̑͋ͅd̸̡̢̲͇̥̫̲̦̭͚̒̚į̷͕̝̫̠̩̋͊s̶̞̘̟͎̠͐̿̄̎́̌͜g̴̼̫̘̖̻̙͚͓̝̱͇̗̒͑́̄͌̃̂̅u̶̧̲̠͉̲̤̣̟͔͎̣̲͈̟̻͘̚s̶̻͒t̸͓̙̗͉̮̲͚͓̜̗̓̈́̑̈́́̓̏͂̇̈͝e̵̢͚̞̭̰̪̞͔̓̓͂̅̋̏̀̅̃͝d̸̛͈͖̬̬̦̀̋̎̈́̅̊͆̅͠ ̴̢̭͇͉̣̩͍̫͎̦̯̦͌͋̆̿̅̀͂̃̾́͒͋̏͜͠b̷͍͇̪̗̗͕̈́̈́̅̏̒́̒͜ͅy̴̟̻͔̺̼͍̝̓̆͆̔ ̸̢̙͔͔̩̩̜̹̻͉̲̪̟̙̺͒̈̍͑̒͒͑̏͗̒͝y̸̨̢̛̼̺̪̅̊͂͒̿́͛̈̈̔͊o̴̢̢̫̱̞͈̲̻̙̥̽̈́̄̆͊̐̈͗̀̓̈́͛̚ų̵̧̢̧̩͍̗͇̗̻̹̗̖̩̎̍̇͛͋̅͋̈̎̆́ŗ̵͍̫͔̻̰̝̘̤̠͙͚̩̲͇̾͗͋͑͂͋͗̕ ̸͕̎̎͋̂͋͋̈́͗̑̂p̷̞̰̥̖̦̪̜͕͘ŗ̸̢̥̳̯̱͈͉̑͂̆̄́́̕͘ę̶̟͈͙̣̘̙͉̲̹̗̫͈͂́̎̈̚͜ş̷̗̯̩̜͕̳͕͍̲͚̂͋̿͆̒̓͋̏̂̔̈́́͋̚͠e̸͕̼̝̝̣̪̳̹͂̒̂͑̄͝n̵̪̅͗͗̓̉̾̿̌͑̕͠ḉ̸̟̰͎͙̝̻̱̆̒͒̈͊e̴̢̠̝̎̆

̵̢̳͔͕̙̙̱͕̮̠̳̻̩̞͓̋͊̂̀͐͌̾͌Ḱ̷̥̂̿̓͗͊͋́͐͒̉̌̐͐͠į̸̛̫͎̩̹̳̱̀̉͗̆̄͋͋̈́̒̔̽̂l̵̨̨̡͉̙͉̈̍́̈́̀͑͌̃͌̂̿̕l̶̜̊̔̓̒̎̌̑̚ ̴̖̲̺̫̭̝̘̯̫͍̗͍̳͈̂ͅt̷̢̳̹͍̥̘̘͋h̷̨̟̲̱̱͓̰̹͚͑̆̒ē̸͓̗͆̿̏̒̇́͆͘͘m̸̡̛̯̫͚̣͙̞͍̏̃̉͗̌̐͜ͅ.̸̡͉͍̰̖̣̰͋̆̉̒̌̚ ̶̳̖̘̝͙̖̮̼̫͉̼̲͊͂̐̈́͋̄̉͌̆̌̀͂͂͘͜͝K̶̪͙̙̥̟̊̋͆̋͛̆̽́̂͑̕͠i̴̳̥̹̥̬͓̤͈͉̊̂̏̐̓͐̆͐̿͆l̸̨̯͓̱̖̰̱̣͈̘̞̄ḷ̵̢̢͇̮͍̮̫̮͙͈̲͕͗̐̍̈́ ̸͓̦̬͋̊̿͗̔͌̽̅̐̽̂̚ṱ̸̨̛̯͎͙̖̻̪͉͚̲͓͕̏͛̈̀͜͠ͅḩ̵̭̼̖̬̅͐ë̴̡͚̬̜̳͓̔̇̏̓̈́̋̃̈̚͜͜ͅṁ̷̬͋̏̃̉ ̶̨̢̲͖͓̳̺̭̪̫͎͙̺̝̏̓̽̀͗̊͂̀͛á̶̡̡̧̫̗̰͈͈̪̯͇̫͚̌̅̒̌̽͘͜l̸̙̱͋̌͗̓̄͑̆̇̈͗̃̕̚ļ̴̪̣̖̪̞͍̳͖̠́.̷̛͕͈̘͚͙̇̔̀͗

̶̙̬͍̤̺͖̲͈̝̼̤̱̥̯̌̄̒̎̈́̾̿͗̑͛̚̕͠͝͝Y̸͕̣͇͙̺̞͎̳̻͙̳̺̗̲̥̔́̉ǫ̷͍͍̻̱̹̫̖͙͒̈͆͜u̸͉̰̟̫͙̙̥̖̳̜͉͉̅̃̂ͅͅ ̶̡̩͔̮̤̤͍͕͚̟̝̈́͊̉ͅh̸̯̠̤̻̩͔̠͈͍̀͗͑͒͆͊̑̾͗̍͘͝ͅa̷̢̙̣̫̝͉̜̾v̸̧̡͓̞̠̣̤̿͋̍͊͑̂̓e̸̡͖̩̗̱̠͉͑̀͐̌̓̔͆͌̈́͝ ̶̢̱̺̲̘̠̳̱͓̤̐͌͜t̴͔̺̉̐̊͌͗̇͌́̽̄ẖ̷̛̟͔̪͗̋̆̊͌͆͊͋̈́̇̎̐͝͝é̸̗̬͕͖̙͖͒́͆̽̅͘͝ ̴͕̭̻͍̮̬͚̬̩͈͇̤̯̞́̇͗͐̈́̈̕p̵̙̻̖͚̉͒̄̄͗̑́͌́̈͌̚̕͝ͅo̴̢̡͕͔̪̟̳͙͇̻̬̮̞̔̀͂̀̈͆̚̕͜͝͝ͅw̷̜̲̩̮̣̠͈͔̝̹̬̩̰̅̃̐̈́͠e̷̡͖̜̮̬̱͐͆̈́̐̽͆̌̿͜r̵̢͍͍̬͇̟͓̞̪͈̯͊́.̴̰̣̼̥̳̱̹̈́̈̈́̈́̅̾͗̽͝͝ ̴̛̮͚͈̭̎̒́́̀̌̆̂͒̕͠Ư̷̢̧͙̤̼͈̣͚̟̞͓͔͎̲̖̆̉͆̿S̵͖̝̜̘̗͇̜̻̑͊E̷̯̥̩͖̘̰͊̋̀̿̏̔̅̇̋́̄̕͜ͅ ̴̣̎̏̓͒͌̈́̋͆̕ĩ̷͔͚͓̹̒͂̒̊̚͝t̸̢͚̲͛̑͌͝͠͠.̵̨͎͕̥̭͎͙̺͍̔̽̇̂͗͜͜

̸̫͕̱̠̦̯̫̣͙̞̤̭͎̞́̉̂̄̑̔͒͋͌P̸̙̓͐͠l̴̘͚͕̞͈̯̤̺̀̋͑̿̃̓͆͌̒͠͠͝ȃ̷̢̢̡̯̜͖̼͔͓͕̫̼̳͇̗̉̅y̷̨̟̤̹̜̅̅͂̎̈́͂̈́͌̍̍́̆̑͘͝ ̸̺̤̘̙̝̪̂̿̒̀ḿ̷̭͉̮̜͚̈́͗̋̐́̒͐̈͝ę̷͓͂̃́̎̇̿̚͝͠,̷̥̳̰̘̞͓͓͈̘̬̦̯̼̮̖̈́̓̕͠ ̶̞̞̬̹̬͓̺̰̱̋̀͋s̷̝̭̿͋̉̒̃́͑͊͂͝͝͠w̵̛͙̺̼͚̞̣͉̥̜̭̭̋̀̀̓͘͘̕͘͜͝ͅȩ̷̏͆͒̀͒̌ẻ̶̡̙͙̣̹̦͙̼͔̝̣͕̤̋̈̈̈́̈́̊̓̿̈́̆͘͜͜͠t̵͔͔̾̔̈́̕͝ ̶̧̧̫̜̪̯̩̺͇̝̮̓́͂̊̇̊̉͐ͅǸ̶̪̹̊͆̃̍̊̌́į̷̲̯̮̠̘̻̘̖͈͒̉̍̾̽̓͒͋̅̒̀͘̕͝r̷̡̠͎͑̔ą̸̧̮̱̖͙̩̰̘̺͙̇́̚̕͜͝ͅn̵̲̔̉̈́͌͗͆̀͗͘͝͝,̶̧̥͖͔̦̘̰͑̈́̾͑̓͗͂̆̾̋͂̈͝͠ ̴̝̈a̸̢̨̢̫̪̼̦̬̬̦̦̦͆͋̅͋̄͜ǹ̸̢̬̩̞̜̳̟̟͑͗̽̊̾͆̈́̔́̕ḑ̷̣̟͍̣̣̜͙̬̣̣͉̣̏̚ ̴̢̺̤̭̯̺̑̄̇̅̇̍͜͠t̵̡̡̡̛̺̫͔̩̲͎̆̽̄̇͊͊͆̎̋̌̅̚͘̕ͅh̷̡̨̥͕͇͉͑̊̒̀̕͝ė̴͓̯͚͙̌̓̓̌y̸̛͈̰̭͔͑͆̽̅̈̓̎̏̕͘ ̶̥̘̊̎́̾͐̾̑̔͐̽̒͋͊͝w̵̡̮̞̗͚͆̒̿ͅi̵̻͒̋̓̓͌͗͆͑̎̅̕͘͘͘l̴̢̧͔͇̪̲̯̻̱̆̂̔̒̈́̃͒̽͘ļ̷̧̹̻͕̺̽̀̉̈́̑̔̍̓ ̷̩̠͇̬́̈́̊̆͜͠P̸̮̮̗͖̠͉̓̚̕A̷̩̣̼͕͓̣͛͑̓̈̾͛͂̏̆̑̓Y̶̛̯̥̯͚͆̇́̇̇͒̄̈̌̽̽̿!̵̠̖̭̗̼̳̬̟̣͓̘͇́́͒̈́̓̄̑͜͜͝

̵̫̙̣̫̠̍́̓̃͛L̵̞̭̏̈̈́̉̑̓̐̑̒̇̔̿̾ͅę̷͙̦͇̞͍͉̉̿̏̄̊͘t̵̛̲̯̠͕̖̰̍̂̈́̊̑̎̌̔̔̋́̈̅̚ ̸̧̡̧̥̣̦̠̫͎͎͕̏̌̋̊̚͠m̸̧̧͖̖̙̥͉͙̣̟̦͈͛̉̋̈́̊̀͊͌͗̄͜ẽ̷̯̺̹̠͓͓̤̦͎̪̜̳̣͜ ̸̣͍̮͖̣̖̤̮̺̥̃̈́c̶̲̩͎̼̳̩̰͙̣̪͔͂̈́̎̊̈ȍ̴͕̤͈̥͖̺̘͍̤̈̽͌͘̕͝ņ̸̛̛͉̙͎͎͖͉̝̠̩̹̘̮͕͚̓̓̑̀́̓͒̒͆̓͗̚̚s̶̛͚̝̭͎̄̂̏̿́̃͛̃͝u̷̯̼͎̞͍̾m̷̢̧͉̠͚͇̫͍̀̂̿͋̂̌̐̀͛͆̀͌ͅe̸̪̮̖̔͐̽͊͛̓̔͘ͅ ̸̘̜̫̃͛̓̌̒̍̓̓͐̆͋̉t̸̠̟̝̘̟͉̯̞̝͆͂͋͛̓̄̅̎͠ḧ̴̡͍͖͙́̎̏́̓̽̍͐͒͂e̸̢̳̲̞̠̤͒̉̈́̃̓͜m̸̧̧͖̟̟̟̰͐̉̕.̷̳̃̒ ̶̝̞̝̅̃̐̒͛̄̂̍͠Ṭ̵̇̉͜h̶̛͕͉͙͈̟̫͉̖̪̥̟̞̉̂͛̆̒͊̎̍͊̄̐̃͐͜͝ȩ̵̛̹̠̦̩̣͕̐͗̈́͋̉͠͠ͅẙ̵̛̰̜̙̙̺͔̽̆͌̄̅̃͂̀͒̅̿͝'̴̢̧̮͔̳̳̫̈̈́̑̈́͂͌́̔̀͂͑̂̈́̕͜v̴̝̲͍̯̫̜̟͈̰̣̓̆͒̓̈́̔́̕͝ê̷̛̘̹͚͍͂͌̌̈́̔̉͒̀͠ͅ ̶̧̛̛̹̤͖̝̱͉̩̠̲͊̃m̴̲̬͍͇̹̝͇̟̬̜̪͔̥͖̈͘a̸̛̮͐̒̎̇̿̏͌d̴͎̜̲̬̙͚̿̃̾̎̓̇̒̆̅͒̑͛͝é̵̝͈͐̂̔̑͊̓͐͌̑̈͝ ̴̘̗͕̾̾y̴̡̛̹͖̣̲̲̯̪͚̐͋̉͐͑̓̃͋̍̕o̴̼͈͚̣̐̽͆̆̏̈̈̿̍̕ú̷̧͖͙̣̥̮͇̤̪͙̥́̾̿̿͒̏̿͊̆̓ ̸̰̂͌̏̆̌͊̌͋͌́̚s̷͇̙̻̲̱̙͈̟̝̲̐̀̏͆͊̃̀͌̈͊̎̿̽u̸̹͂̓͂͊̽́̏f̵̗̰͇̺͂̉̄̊̈͛̿̚f̶̞̦̦̭͔̈́͝͝e̵̡̯͖̩̍͛̔̉͘r̸̡̘̪̙̍͆͂͌́̔̾̏͐͑͊̕͝ ̶̨͍̟͍̼̞͆̉̎̄̍̐͐͆̓̓̒̕͝͠͠L̶̡͍̖͍͇̻͈̖̃̈́̅̊̈͛̇̑̔̀͌́͝͠Ō̷̼̹͎͍̦͚͌̒͆̈́͝Ń̷̡͈̼̜͕̮̍̐͊͘G̶̡̞̗͔͛͗̀̍̓̿̒͑͛̓ ̴̢̧͉̮̜̬̰̼͕̫̲̪͗̇̏̽̀́͛̚̚͘͜E̴͙̻̎N̶̢̢̛̹͎̲̠̼̦̠͚̲̖͐̉̋̈́͛̂Ó̷̧͉̖͎̘̩͙̤̹̩͓̥̬̿̈̆̈́̇͐̌͘̕͘͜͝ͅŲ̵̨̨̜͖̭̣͉̥͖̼̱̻͉̊̈́͋͂Ǵ̵͈͕͚͈͌̑̄̂̾̎̑͝Ḧ̶̹͓͍̤̣̙̤̝́́͊͊͗̾͠!̸̡͔̯̖̬͓̖̲͖̺͉͇͈̭̍̎͗

Niran collapsed to her knees, clutching her head tight as the pervasive thoughts swam through her mind like an ocean churning.  She wished to scream, to cry for help, yet her body refused.

• edited July 2020

“Niran! Where have you run off to! Curse that blasted child…” The thoughts proceeded to enter the back of her mind as Niran twisted around.  In the distance, she saw none other than her guide, the pompous and arrogant Cirrina.

Without a second thought, Niran rushed to the nearest hiding spot and slid under, hoping Cirrina would not notice her. She watched as her would-be guide examined the area, searching for the troublesome child.  With no luck, Cirrina promptly huffed and continued down the alleyway.

Once the coast was clear, Niran crawled out from her hiding spot and sat on top of an abandoned wagon.  Without warning, tears fell from her eyes as she silently wept, quiet compared to the rest of the bustle of the streets yet deafening to Niran’s ears. She wept and she wept for what felt like ages, until her eyes became immensely dry.

Niran hopped off the cart and began the journey to her lodge. At the very least she had a place to rest without fear for the rest of the week, a luxury many of the other urchins envied. Perhaps I could tease them with that later this week. Niran pondered, doing whatever she could to keep her mind off of those corrosive thoughts. For now, though, all she wanted was to sleep.

As Niran trudged through the grimy alleyways, she noticed a cloaked figure in the corner of her eye, barely visible within the current gloom.  She turned around, expecting the figure to attack her, yet they merely jumped back, before shuffling in a different direction. Niran stood there puzzled. Rather than finding a crook brimming with malevolent intent, all Niran saw was a naive fellow, unsure of where to go next.

With her initial fears squashed, Niran walked confidently towards the stranger. As she got closer, she felt a strange umbral aura emanate from the shadowy figure. It reminded her of her violin and the spirits it summoned, yet this aura was made of a combination of life and death, contrary to the auras of nothingness she felt beforehand. This only piqued her interest even more, further bolstering her confidence. What once plagued her mind were now mere whispers, barely at the cusp of Niran’s attention.

“Excuse me, sir, are you lost?”

“...” The figure stared in silence at the little girl pestering them.

“You seem to not know the way around here. Do you want me to guide you? I know these streets like the back of my hand!”

“...”

“Pleeeeeease let me show you the way around. I’ll do it for you for free!”

“...”

“Get back here Niran! You will be taught a lesson, young lady!” A third voice came from out of the alleyway, as Cirrina came barreling through the street, any trace of nobility and elegance lost in her wake.

“Crap, she’s onto me! Come on, let’s go to my place!” Niran exclaimed, shortly before grabbing the stranger’s hand.  With no time to waste, Niran fled with the stranger close behind. They dashed to find a way to escape the mad guide behind them, all the while not noticing the decaying bits of flesh coming off from the stranger’s hand.

Hey @kandra127 , wanna do some shenanigans together?
  • edited July 2020
    "Room service!"

*ssssslurrrppppppp-p-p-p-p*

"M'lady, are you all right?"

She is most-most excellent!

"Aah! Help! Help! Somebody, anyone, help! No, stay back horrid thing!" 

What-what is mattering?

"Dammit, where's my dagger?"

That is no way to treat your guestses of honor!
    "Wait, you're the Squrturglus Omnipotae?"

Preciserendipitously!

"You're in the wrong room! You're in the entirely wrong room and now you're eating-"
    This isn't a snack?
    "How are we going to get her out of the carpet-"
    Some lodgings put complementary snackses in beds-
    "House Tessanda will have my head on a platter-"

This is much-much better than chocolate-!

"Will you please stop making those noises inside of her skull?"

Nope!

*blarrrgggghhhhh*

*squelch squelch squelch*
  • edited July 2020
    When Dakros awoke, he heard a voice. "You must train. Then, you find him. You must defy him. I will show you the way." Dakros knew immediatly where the voice was coming from.

Dakros's guide was out in the forest, searching for Dakros. "He must be here somewhere." As he looked to the left, he saw Dakros and his fire elementals burning down a section of the forest. 
    "Hey, you can't do that! This place is, uhh, owned by someone!" the guide yelled out.

"I can pay, I believe." answered Dakros. "I've often heard that a life is priceless. But it is, of course, just a theory. Would you like to test it?" Dakros opened his palm, and inside it appeared a fireball.

The guide looked at Dakros, muttered something about getting a new job, then ran away.

A few minutes later, Dakros finished makeing a training grounds. The voice, which Dakros knew to be his power gifted to him by the dragons, had told Dakros that he could take power from other things to increase his own power. It had also told Dakros exactly where he should practice, and that Dakros would met someone there. Dakros was only a couple minutes into practicing with taking power from living things around him when the dragon that gave Dakros his power appeared.

"Dakros. You will not just need to practice, but now you must win the tournament. We will not tell you why, but-" Dakros then begins to speak, interupting the dragon.

"I need to do something? I don't need to do anything. You dragons don't even realize the extent of the power you gave me. I will do what I want, not beat the contestants just so you can give dragons a good name. You are a weakling."

Dakros raised his hand, and the dragon fell to the ground. The dragon started gasping for breath as his power and life force were sucked away.

"So much power! Thank you for that donation." With that, Dakros disappeared in a flash of fire as the dragon elder gave his last breath.

(By the way, I'm not trying to make Dakros overpowered. I just am doing this because it fits with the card.)
  • @Temurzoa
    You owe me a new keyboard  :D  (just kidding)
    I spit out my morning coffee at:
    "Some lodgings put complementary snackses in beds-"
  • The next day after the meeting with her brother, Jelene was minding her own business, namely the usual chore of getting food, etc. in a marketplace of the city. She also heard from the locals that the honey products from Vosanova is the best around the kingdoms so naturally she bought some samples of the said honey-based products in her groceries.

'I suppose the wine is nice for a dessert.' She thought during her walk back towards the lodging. 

"Hey, uh, you there." Shouted a young adult male person in a commoner attire who also equally had a bag of holding slung diagonally around his torso. The person had a long brown hair in addition of his glasses, giving him somewhat an air of a scholarly person.

The ronin turned around in response, with her eyebrow raised. "Who? Me?"

The person approached closer. "Yes. And you must be... Miss... Jelene? Am I correct?" He asked with a somewhat sheepish smile.

"... And who are you again?"

"Ah yes, my apology about that. My name is Varys, and I'm here to be your guide while you're still attending the tournament." He bowed slightly afterwards.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/varys-seeker-of-secrets

"That's kinda too late isn't it?" She stated emotionlessly.

"Well, in this case I owe you an apology. Then I shall take the overtime schedule until the end of the week, free of charge naturally." He bowed slightly again.

"Okay then... but I want to go back in the lodging now because I want to cook something."

"Ah, then I shall aid you because I know the local dishes that would be good for this particular day, Miss..."

"Just... Jelene. You don't have to be so formal, you know."

"Ah, alright then. Now let's follow me because I know a shortcut." He formally beckoned.

'Seems pretty sketchy, but it's not like that I couldn't handle some half-elf guy, and maybe some street thugs, if there is any, anyway.' Still skeptical, Jelene put on her best smile instead. "After you, Varys." 
  • wonders how you got my fedora
  • edited July 2020
    Akuma wiped sweat from her brow and adjusted her grip on her sword, holding it over her head, trying to figure out the best way to attack upward. She experimented with several different slashes, but none of them seemed to work. Frustrated, she transitioned from her Jōdan-no-kamae into a viciously fast downward slash, cleanly slicing her Tameshigiri mat in half. Feeling unsatisfied, she quickly executed the other three cuts in the Tsubamegaeshi pattern. She smirked and kicked the stand away, settling into a stance for some basic kata. She went through the motions, but couldn't really concentrate. Her mind kept drifting toward how she would deal with the flying competitors. At least they were a long way off. Akuma chuckled to herself. Overthinking things as usual, are you? She pushed the thoughts of flight from her mind. She set down her sword and picked up the book she had bought at the pawnshop; Archaic and Modern Duel-formes of Avelaide. She had devoted herself to studying each and every one of them, and developing attacks and counterattacks to beat them. She wasn't sure which Elos or Daybreaker preffered, but if she practiced enough, hopefully it wouldn't matter. She propped the book up and picked up Naku Tsuki, settling into stance again. Suddenly, a voice from behind her: 

"Miss Fumeiyona?" 

Akuma rotated, bringing her blade up level, and stepped easily into a defensive stance. She quickly realized this was unnecessary, as the aged man who stood before her clearly bore no weapons. She sheathed Naku Tsuki.

"That's me, yes. And you're Barrett, correct?"

The man extended his hand, and Akuma shook it.

"Correct, my dear. I'll be your guide throughout your time here."

Akuma went to let go of his hand, but his grip was firm. Akuma only had a split second to react before he grabbed her shoulder, and stuck his foot out. He spun Akuma by the shoulder, and slid one of her legs out from under her with his foot. Before she could move, Akuma had her arm twisted behind her, with Barrett's other hand around her neck. The initial shock took only a half-second to wear off, and with her remaining foot, she braced against Barrett, using the advantage to get her other foot positioned. With her remaining hand, she drew her blade backhand and placed it gently behind her back so it was resting on the inside of Barrett's elbows. Using her second foot, which she had sneakily positioned, she turned and pushed back, sending both of them against the wall, and bending Barrett's arms at the elbow, clamping each of his arms on either side of her blade. The bend of his arms caused her neck to be strained even further, but she managed to get out;

"Let go. Or I cut... your arms. Off!"

The pressure released, and Akuma spun away, holding Naku Tsuki up to the man's throat.

"I know I asked for a test, but I was expecting a little warning!" 

Barrett laughed. 

"Sorry. But let this be a lesson: Not everyone fights with honor. You seem to understand how to fight extremely well for how young you are, but recovering better from attacks you don't expect will be crucial to your survival. I went easy on you just then. Do you understand?"

Akuma grinned, secretly beaming about the compliment.

"Yes. I understand."

Now it was Barrett's turn to smile.

"Good. Now how 'bout I show you around?"

@Jonteman93 if this isnt allowed tell me i'll change it
  • edited August 2020
    Adaptation and continuation of the description on the first page and fourth page

Storyline cards.

Name: Aeryn Nox Lockhart

During your life: 

Childhood - first page
    14 age - fourth page
    16 age - fourth page

At 20 years old Aeryn was appointed junior officer. She didn't like this delay. Many had their first patents at the age of 18, but many mentors thought it best to wait due to the interaction and magic present in the ancient sword. That same year she had her first mission.
    The mission was to defeat a lesser demon known in the northern region of the kingdom by Aranita.
    Aeryn's team consisted of 3 new junior officers and 2 advanced officers, in addition to a 2nd Captain of Kingdom's Cavalry.
    Among the advanced officers was Casimir, a longtime friend of Aeryn, who was secretly in love with her. Aeryn really knew, but avoided talking about it. She stuck two things in his mind, one of which is that he has to take action and talk to her and the second is that she would refuse anyway because he had other duties to perform.
    The knight assigned to monitor was Hendriksen. He was one of Aeryn's first mentors and the only one to touch on the subject of his father's death at the time. Nyrea, the sword, liked the presence of the good-natured old man.
    The duel against Aranita was not an easy one. Somehow the demon dominated the art of ancient runes not cataloged in civilization. Two of the junior officers died in battle and Hendriksen did not believe in the mistake he had made in bringing these young men to face demons.
    Aranita managed to instigate ancient artifacts to become spiritual or elemental drake. These spirits had many intangible outlines.
    Casimir was unable to touch the spirits at any time. In a moment of distraction, Aranita took and lifted Casimir by the neck. In that moment of pure adrenaline was where Aeryn awakened unique forces in her runes and Nyrea let herself be carried away naturally in the knight's movements.
    Hendriksen had no words for Aeryn's resourcefulness.

The mentors again were reluctant to promoete Aeryn immediately and studied and trained the girl further. It was only at the age of 23 that she obtained the rank of 3rd Captain of Kingdom's Cavalry, a lower rank at the elite level.

Another three major battles emerged on missions between the ages of 20 and 23.

During her years of study, Aeryn tried to find information about Nyrea, without much success. Some information was collected.
    • It had been 35 years since the last woman to reach the elite level.
    • Nyrea's last record of manipulation was 145 years ago by a knight known as Mikhail, the Red One.
    • In the oldest book with sword registers there was a word that Aeryn was unable to decipher. "Planinauta" was the word.
  • edited July 2020
    "You will not be able to use the power of soul draining on the champions. The magical weapons they carry are to powerful for us to overcome." began Dune, the name Dakros had gave his power, now that he knew Dune was sentient.

"Well then, all we will have to do is drain the power of anything around us, and then shoot it out in the form of fire. I don't see why your so worried. We've got this covered." Dakros reasured Dune.

"The runes on Aeryn's sword... we must seperate her from her weapon. It is our only chance."  

"Well, even if that is true, I don't need to win anymore. I'm sure I could take on that Melkor now that I have this... well, you."

"No, you must win. I'm not sure why, but there is some force that tells me this must be so. After that, you will be able to return to your quest of revenge." 

Dakros was silent for the rest of the journey to his burning cabin.

(Melkor is the name of the hero who ruined Dakros's village.)
  • Nilani woke up the next morning to an unusual silence. There was no sound, no mother yelling at her to wake up. Just silence. She had only felt this way once before, and at that time, the silence was terrifying.

Nilani shuddered to herself for a moment, thinking of the chains she was bound by in the darkly lit room only a few years ago.

I must prove myself worthy. I can do this. Can't I?

Nilani went off into the forest to train by herself.

My invocations...they'e not strong enough. Akuma showed me that. I must practice. If I can't win in a training battle, how am I supposed to save people from the evils of this world?

Nilani created a small shield, the same golden one she used against Akuma. Then, she focused hard. Nilani had to channel large amounts of mana into her spell, but it would not be easy. Slowly, the shield grew, transforming into a large invocation almost as tall as the trees in the clearing. The light it gave off was like a second sun- bright and hopeful.

Yes! Finally! I-

The figure suddenly vanished, and Nilani was astonished.

"I thought I finally had it...I guess I'll have to start with something small for my match," Nilani muttered to herself, disappointed.

The enchantress left the clearing, feeling worse than she had before.

It's just like the last time. I'm not good enough...
  • edited July 2020
    Brynn woke early, like she always did. That happens to a person after decades of a set schedule, angel or not. She wandered through the old fortress that housed the Medirnian champions, occasionally running her fingers along the wall. It was calming, in a way, to be in a place that seemed older than her two centuries. Two of a kind, hmm? she thought, smiling.

After looking at the list of matches, Brynn took flight over the city. It was pretty in the predawn light. Brynn was glad for that. It took her mind off of the tournament, the champions, all of that. There would be time enough for thought after her flight.

What would my sisters think? she wondered, warm air whistling past her face. If they could see me, which ones would be proud? Would sneer? World worry?

"Excuse me?" someone called from below her, shaking her out of her thoughts.

@DrakeGladis whenever you're ready
  • Here's a card representing the training of Elos and the Goblins:

The ability Teach: [Keyword Ability] - Whenever this creature attacks, put a [Keyword Ability] counter on target attacking creature without [Keyword Ability].
    It's basically Mentor for Keyword Counters.
  • The next day, Dakros was in the training grounds, when he heard Dune speak: "The dragons are searching for you. No matter how great we are, we will not be able to stand up to every dragon on this plane." 

"I'm sure it will be fine. I, well, we killed an elder dragon. I'm sure we will be able to take on anything."

At that moment, Dakros was doused in fire as he saw a dragon diving down towards him.
    "Dakros! You will pay for my brother's death!" Dakros barely jumped out of the way as Shaktur dived down.

"He is immune to the soul drain. His rage is to great, and your powers of fire will not harm him. You must run!" 

Dakros started sprinting through the grounds, even though he knew that it was useless to try to go faster then a dragon. Suddenly, a small goblin appeared nearby a small tree which Dakros forgot to burn. The goblin stepped in front of the dragon.

"It must be my new guide. What in the world is he going to do against a dragon?" asked Dakros, as he turned around and saw the answer.

Shaktur opened his mouth, shooting a huge blast of fire centered on the goblin, but the goblin seemed completely unfazed by the action, seemingly absorbing the fire. The goblin pulled energy from the fire around him into a small red orb, which he shot into Shaktur's open mouth. After closing his mouth, the space around Shaktur's scales glowed red, as the goblin dived for cover, Shaktur exploded in a huge flash of light.

The goblin walked over to Dakros. "I am to be your guide, chosen because of your, uhh, fiery temper." 

Dakros shook off a look of awe from his face, then turned to the goblin. "I suppose you will have to do. My name is Dakros. Yours?"

"Hello, Dakros." began the goblin. "My name is Dreg. I'm guessing that we will have a lot of fun together."

Dakros tried to communicated with Dune, but all he found was silence.
  • It was during a morning, while Jelene was having a good ol' annihilate-some-training-dummies session, but with proper combination of kenjutsu and hand-to-hand combat techniques, as she noticed a fairly huge dragon, who just went down in one of the contender's training ground that was very visible due to the uphill location outside of the city she was currently occupying.

Then a moment later the dragon promptly exploded in a flash of fiery light. 

A moment of silence passed.

"Welp, that was... indeed a climactic one." And Varys, her scholarly guide who was seemingly fazed due to the spectacle before finally broke the silence. Originally he just wanted to do his regular job by asking the ronin what she will do today, but the spectacle caught him off guard anyway.

All Jelene could do was plastering a smirk. 'Tch, what a showoff.'  She thought as she focused back to her activity by preparing a swift-slashing stance, then her pupils ablaze with reddish aura followed by a quick horizontal slashing motion, cutting several trees who stood behind the destroyed dummies instantly in a field-wide area of effect as her demonic sword was also seem to be burning with demonic flame.

'... Kami be damned, don't you dare to lose control, stupid...' The demon-bound ronin let loose a long exhale, re-sheathed her sword back, and sat down in a meditative stance.

"... Okay then. I shall be waiting here so..." The flabbergasted guide could only scratching his head.

Jelene rotated her head for a bit in response. "You can go back to the city. I'll go meet you in the usual spot soon. I only need to clear my head for a moment." 

"... If you insist, Jelene-san, see you later then." Varys bowed slightly, and calmly left.

'Heh, apparently I should consider a butler for a future reference. Makes things a bit more lively since that dolt Janus probably just gonna busy sticking his nose in some merchantile debacles most of the time anyway.' Still with her eyes closed, the ronin smiled.
  • edited July 2020
    Continuation from Sidequest: In the basement of the Kiserova temple

Storyline cards.

...Aeryn just wanted to take a shower and sleep. Maybe she'll talk to others the next day...

Sidequest: Fighting with strangers to relax the mind

Many dishes and chatter echoed between the boards outside the accommodation. Aeryn was still lying down and forced herself to ignore the mess. His eyes opened quickly and wildly with each dish and talk. Not even the pillows between the ears helped to soften. Aeryn gave up trying to sleep and went to get ready to leave her accommodation.
    She decided to put on a simpler and more comfortable outfit. Aeryn kept only the gauntlets to be able to store a few runes in case she needed them in eventual emergencies. Nyrea resting by the door emitted red streams with every knock outside. The sword also wanted to rest.
    "Let's see what's going on," said Aeryn to the sword as she sheathed it.
    When Aeryn opened the door, she was slightly surprised and frightened by a smiling and pompous figure, who received her with a shrill breath. '' Good morning, Milady ... if I can call you that. I would be without a humble guide in your stay, '' said the figure, stretching his arms out to a banquet on the porch, '' Sorry for not introducing myself properly. My name is Renain, at your service '', the man bowed, '' Come on, come on, the food will get cold quickly.''
    Aeryn was slow to absorb the information from Renain, who spoke very fast. She took the opportunity to sit down and have an appropriate breakfast. Since arriving in the city she has not been able to eat properly. Even a thief disturbed a small moment of peace she had when he left the arena. She ate quietly looking at the other quarters away from Gwendolyn's chosen ones. Everyone seemed to be very busy and preparing for the big days of struggle.
    '' I have an itinerary to follow today, my lady. I must start with a quick stop in the big market ... ''
    '' I've been there '' Aeryn cut off and Renain quickly.
    ''Who knows, then, the great temple ...
    '' It's the last place I want to be. We had a lot of problems yesterday ... I've been there ''
    '' I have one more place to name, but I'll leave it open for you to tell me if you have any preferences ... milady '' said Renain bowing pompously to Aeryn.
    '' Hmm ... I would love to fight with my fists. Do you know any place? '' Aeryn thought long before speaking, '' I'm not good at close combat, but I need to get my muscles and mind ready for anything ''
    The pompous guide thought a little reluctantly to speak.
    "I know a place, but I don't think it's quite what you think."

The place was loud and lively. Beer was poured non-stop by enthusiasts of clandestine fights. Guide and guided tried to talk between the screams and bumps.
    '' Nobody can know about this place. Welcome to Secret Alley, '' Renain shouted at her.
    '' It's perfect and lively. How do I sign up to participate in a fight? ''
    Renain points to a busy bench and full of gold bags protected by not very friendly security guards.
    "I would like to participate in one of the fights," said Aeryn to the clerk surrounded by guards.
    ''Very well. I need some gold coins to validate the proposal, and of course, you will have to take off those gloves and especially this sword to fight, '' said the clerk disdainfully pointing at Nyrea sheathed on Aeryn's back.
    Aeryn had no money and looked at Renain who, with a sigh, handed over some gold coins. Quickly she took off the gauntlets and handed it to the guide. As for the sword she lifted it and laid it on the counter, which emitted a slight wave of heat. Aeryn went to the clandestine arena.
    '' You can't leave this here, '' the clerk shouted trying with all his might to raise the sword. Aeryn just smiled, "Let the bets begin!" Shouted the clerk at last.

Across the arena, a stout woman with a slightly swollen face from the day's punches, stared at Aeryn with surprise. Everyone knew that she was chosen for the tournament of champions. They came closer.
    '' I hope we have a good fight '', Aeryn closed her fist to greet, but was quickly punched in the forehead, throwing her across the arena and raising a slight wave of dust '' That wasn't cool, it wasn't cool really, '' Aeryn knew she wasn't physically strong and got up trying to join forces to forge a rustic rune with dust.
    In the first two minutes, Aeryn only defended herself, and since she had no time to forge anything, in the brief moments of concentration she conjured up a light breeze to keep the fighter at bay. In the next few minutes Aeryn changed her strategy and started jumping and stomping on the ground to raise dust, but the cloud was so light that it did not affect her vision at all. She hid a hand behind her back to forge something hidden, while taking some in the ribs and arms.
    Gradually, dodging and taking the blows, she made some rustic that was enough to launch a blast of air in the opponent's legs. Aeryn submitted with an armbar while the other fighter recovered from her sudden fall.
    Renain was happy and took the gold from the clerk.
    ''That was very good. You must be very hungry I ... '' Renain was cut off by Aeryn while putting on the gauntlets and sheathed the sword.
    '' And I know a place. It was already there on my first day here at an open-air restaurant ''
    They will leave the clandestine arena.

While Aeryn was again enjoying a plate of Sausages (horse meat and honey) with Vasjo Enja (Honey cream) is a beautiful glass of Wine, honey wine, she observed the movement of the streets.
    At one point she spotted Efilia and Jay passing by and talking about something, when they looked at Aeryn strangely, who seemed to be smiling with broken teeth at them.
    Aeryn soon turned her attention to Nyrea, who was resting on the other side of the table and emanating a blue aura, an aura of happiness. He soon realized that the sword had made an illusion in his face to show that he had broken teeth.
    ''I know what you did. The day I figure out how to punish you, I already have a list of punishments that I will make you pay, '' Aeryn said angrily pointing to the sword. Soon she realized that it would lead to nothing and Aeryn continues to eat and drink. Nyrea was enjoying the situation.
  • An enemy in Vosanova

The throne room was filled with people; nobles, officers, servants and soldier, that were feasting, chattering, drinking and celebrating. All leaders had been gathered, the generals and officers of all three armies, the hosts of the tournament and those who had made an investment in the game. 

The royal family, the king, his wife, his three daughters and two sons, sat at the front table. The king was drinking recklessly but with no smile on his face. His wife sat silent, watching their guests. The oldest child and daughter was chatting with her future husband, some noble man from Medirna. The heir, the oldest son sat with his wife, a woman of Gwendolyn. 
    The other children were still too young to be assigned a husband or wife. 

The main hosts of the tournament, Nadja and Daniel, sat beside each other at one of the tables. Even though their relationship had since long ago been dismissed, there were still some fire between them. 
    Them being the exception, everyone else sat with their own circle of people.
    The last main host, Vallerielle sat with what many would have considered, her friend. 
    General Mikuel sat with his officers and some captains of the Gwendolyn guard. 
    Denise stood in a corner, chattering with the chief of the royal guard. Denise kept pointing at the halberd which the guard held and he explained something while moving the weapon into different stances.

General Artiem sat with his own officers and Pjetro to his right. Artiem would very rarely socialize with someone that was not in the military, specially those egotistical nobles. Pjetro however was different in Artiem's eyes. He was calm, calculating and had a good sense for strategy and logistics. Since Pjetro had no important future in Moltava, Artiem saw a chance to take him under his wings as an officer. 
    While they discussed, a soldier approached.

"General, sir! A sky messenger have arrived with a message for you. She says it's important " Artiem nodded. The soldier made a short salute and walked back. 
    "I'll take my leave for tonight, officers. Have a fitting evening." Artiem left the table and walked to his chamber in the northern wing of the castle. 

Only a moment after he entered his dark chamber where only a single candle spread light, he noticed a messenger dragon on the balcony outside the room. It was a tiny dark brown dragon, barely larger than a horse, and on its back it had a saddle that was too small for a full grown human. 
    A small sound echoed the room from a chair followed by footsteps. From the shadows approached a woman of dwarf height, clothed in leather and fur. 
    She made salute. "General, good evening." she said. 
    "You had an important message for me?" Ariem said. 

"Yes, the king has called for action." She said as she handed forth a paper scroll with the royal emblem. Artiem unraveled the scroll started to read. 
    The message did not clarify anything directly but Artiem understood what the half-cryptic message meant. 
    When Artiem had finished reading the paper, the woman handed forth a few more scrolls. The scrolls had emblems of different houses, among them where Artiem's own emblem on one.
    "Was this really that important?" He asked. 
    "No." Said the woman and handed over a last letter.  

Artiem took the piece and unraveled it. It was empty. He took the paper and held it just before the candle, and the text began to reveal itself. 

Pontiff Cralmarov is believed to be in Vosanova.

Artiem set the paper on fire and then crushed the fire with his fist. 
    He looked at the ashes in his hand, silent for a moment. 

"What is the king's orders?"

"He trusts your decision to decide for yourself." 

"I assume Lionus has already been informed?"

"Yes, he has. He is already on his way here and he will act as if his assignment is to watch over some problematic tournament contenders."

"Maybe he won't need to pretend, if our subject is here in an attempt to recruit one of them. Messenger, I need you to send a message to Commander Ferrun in Kalm. He shall gather the brigades and march towards Kiserova as soon as possible." Artiem said as he took out a paper and a Quinn and inkwell. 
    Artiem, when finished writing, handed over the paper to the woman. She saluted him and walked away to her dragon. 

Artiem sat down on his bed for a short time, thinking, before he then stood up and walked out of the room. 

• edited July 2020
    Akuma was nervous. Really nervous. The first match of the tournament, so close as tomorrow, and of course she was fighting in it. She could be training right now, but she knew that at this point, it was either win or lose. 

She looked around her room. It was spartan, to say the least. her armor hung from a wooden rack in the corner of the room, and Naku Tsuki rested against it. A small white flower in a clay pot sat on the windowsill, and a small pile of books sat on a small table next to her bed. 

Akuma couldn't sleep. The night was hot and she failed to push thoughts of the tournament from her mind. A cool breeze blew in through her window, lightly teasing her hair around her face. She sat up and pushed off her duvet, lightly moving the flower aside and leaning her arms on the windowsill, relishing in the cool air. 

In one swift motion, she hopped up onto the windowsill, her legs dangling from the window. She looked out over the city of Kiserova. She had enjoyed her time here, that was for sure. Stop talking like it's already over! She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened her eyes and looked up at the roof, about four feet up, with a shallow overhang.

She carefully balanced on the windowsill and reached one hand up to grab the roof. She leapt from the windowsill, grabbing the roof with her other hand and swinging up over the edge, sprawling on the roof. 

The wind was wilder on the roof, blowing her hair and nightgown alike with a sense of reverie. She breathed in deep, smelling the sweet air as it washed over her. The city was alive below her, lights, sounds, smells, all drifting and intermingling, much like the citizens of the city itself.

Akuma smiled, thinking of the friends she had made. They all believed in her, didn't they. She should've been able to believe in herself, too, but found that she couldn't. The lingering doubt was still there. 

"Looks like the power of friendship can't save you" She said out loud. She found something about that innately funny, and stifled a laugh. She thought about it again and this time gave in, laughing out loud, the sound getting whisked away by the wind and dispersed among the stars.

She continued to laugh, settled by the pure catharsis of it all. How long had it been since she had laughed? It was a good feeling, laughing. Akuma yawned, and carefully climbed down from the roof and into her room, where she collapsed onto her bed. Although she was still thinking about the tournament, it wasn't a question. It was an answer. Who ever won wouldn't matter. She would fight, and god help her, she would fight as well as she possibly could.

Akuma fell asleep, smiling.
  • edited July 2020
    Valierielle's secondary hosts

The following morning, Valierielle had ordered three of her assistants, that actually had some enthusiasm for the tournament, to gather the contenders in small groups whenever possible and present themselves. They would fill Valierielle's roll outside of the matches and the official presentations. 

The three hosts are:

Name: Lady Miljivan
    Personality: Kind, close to earth, great interest in food, somewhat stubborn and not very sophisticated. Not very intelligent for anything but food and 
    Extra: Was born as a peasant of horse breeders  but because of her beauty, good care of horses, she was given a chance to climb the ladder.

Name: Sir Belsjian 
    Personality: Stoic, Strict, serious and mostly boring before he got a drink. Then he becomes the opposite. He rarely says no to a glass of wine, beer or mead. 
    Extra: Being the youngest son in a simple but noble family, he was trained in both combat and command from an early age. Since he quite quickly got an interest in drinking, he often socialized with the common soldiers instead of other officers during celebrations.

Name: Ialis the magus
    Personality: Not interested much in social interactions but have a good interest in magic, runes, enchantments, magical ornaments etc. 
    Extra: During young age when she was an mage apprentice, she would be assigned to work with cleaning the halls and chambers in the old temples in Ovan Nova. She would create different types of water spells and elemental that would clean for her. She would end up becoming so good with water magic that she could make new forms of elemental. Somehow, her magic had gathered "knowledge" from the old walls of the temple that she could make forms of ancient or even entities that were believed to be just myth. Many would say that she makes the forms based on myths and claim them to be real. 

These hosts can be used by you as a closer connection to the tournament and to ask questions which I can then answer through them. So they are our medium of easy negotiation. 
  • The morning had just arrived when a man was heard shouting in the streets. 

"The first match of the tournament will start in seven hours.
    The fight between Akuma, pride of Teknuma and Elos, the rising hero will take place in the central arena." 

• (sorry I haven't been able to do much of late. I promise I'll get on with a bit more story and a couple cards soon... I still need to even write up my companion from exploration.
  • The day of the match had already come. Elos rose early as the sun began to break the horizon. He donned his armor as he looked in a mirror, then shook his head.

"I don't think I'll be able to win," he said aloud.

SILENCE Daybreaker spoke from his sheath. FOR ONCE, I AGREE WITH THE GOBLINS. CONFIDENCE IS KEY HERE. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL LOSE, YOU WILL LOSE.

"And if I believe I'll win?"

THEN YOU COULD LOSE. BUT YOU COULD WIN.

Elos shook his head. "You really know how to give a rousing speech. Thinking confidently is easier said than done."

Elos strapped Daybreaker to his side and left the house, facing the rising sun. He drew Daybreaker, who gleamed in the sunlight. Then Elos turned to go to the Central Arena. As the sun rose and the time of the match approached, Daybreaker glew with excitement, and Elos's mind raced with apprehension.
  • Brynn paced the fort's roof. She didn't know why she was so energetic. Excitement, probably. The first match was today. Powers that be, the first match was today. She knew it had been today, but she was still a little shaken by it.

Breath, Brynn, she thought Calm down. You have to be presentable for this.

Brynn took several deep breaths, steadying herself. Then she stepped off the roof and took flight towards the arena. She took her time, enjoying the rush of air and the sight of Kiserova passing below her. Then she landed outside the arena. Drawing herself up, she walked in, leaving a note for Akuma that read, "Best of luck today. -Brynn"
  • @Usaername

Nilani was nervous. Today, she was going to watch her friend fight for her life.

This is crazy! I feel like our adventure together has only just begun.

She spotted her friend, Akuma, training nearby.

"Akuma!" the enchantress shouted.

The samurai paused and looked around. A smile came to her face when she found Nilani running to her.

"Are you nervous?" Nilani whispered.

"No- I mean, sort of- yeah..." Akuma stammered uncharacteristically.

Nilani nodded. "I know you'll do great," the enchantress said to Akuma, "I know you have what it takes. We've trained together and you've done even more by yourself. I know you can prove yourself worthy."

"Really?" Akuma asked.

"I'm sure of it," Nilani said, "Just think how much we've grown in just one week! I'll be cheering for you."

"Thanks," Akuma smiled.

"Now go defeat Elos! Do it for both of us!"

Both girls walked away, grinning.

Akuma...I believe in you. I really do. I know you won't let me down.
  • edited July 2020

@kandra127

Niran effortlessly flew through the streets, from the barren alleyways to the bustling market squares.  Keeping a firm grip on the hooded figure, she led him on a mad dash of twists and turns.  Lefts and rights, ups and downs, it all rushed past the figure’s head, forcing himself to keep a hold of it.  Following closely behind was Cirrina, Niran’s appointed “guide”.  She pursued them like a mad dog, fervent on catching its prey.  

“Get back here, you insufferable little brat!” Cirrina yelled.  Niran ignored her, focusing instead on a wagon ahead.  The wagon, parked in the middle of the street and set up as a stand, was filled to the brim with all sorts of melons for sale.  Seeing this as her chance to lose Cirrina, Niran briefly diverged from the figure, letting go of his hand and directing him to the right of the cart. In a fraction of a moment, Niran vaulted over the melon cart and returned holding hands with the not-so shadowy figure.  Cirrina attempted to keep pace with Niran, yet stumbled and crashed into the wagon.

“NIRAAAN!!!” Cirrina yelled fruitlessly, covered from head to toe in the most exotic of melon guts in Kiserova. Niran couldn’t help but give a little giggle as she turned around a corner, disappearing from her guide’s sight.

Niran led the figure underneath an interlacing network of ropes and strings.  Cloth hung from various angles, turning the entire street into a labyrinth of hemp and linen. Niran ducked underneath the cloth and pulled over a rather ratty looking piece of burlap, revealing a sizable crack in the wall.  As they crawled through the hole various objects could be seen littered about on the other side of the wall. A pile of ripped cloth resembling a makeshift bed was pushed to the side, creating a clean spot for both Niran and the figure to sit down.

“Welcome to my home. It’s not exactly the most comfortable of places, but it works.” Niran said, looking at the figure for any response.

“...” 

“I saw you at the Arena when they were calling the champions. What brings you to fight in the Tournament? You don’t seem like you want simple power.”

“...”

“You’re really not much of a talker, are you?”

“...”

“How about I put on a little show for you?”

Niran stood up and grabbed a worn down teddy bear; it was missing one of its eyes and stuffing could be seen falling out of its left arm as Niran picked it up. She placed it down in the center of the ground and began to play her violin. A beautiful melody formed within, breaking the silence of the street with her music. However, dark energies began to appear around Niran as her music grew twisted and vile, before coalescing into a body. The energies urged towards the figure ravenously, yet Niran held them back, forcing them to become a small spirit. 

The spirit picked up the teddy bear and began to dance with it, much to Niran’s delight. The figure watched blankly, his face as neutral as ever. 

The waltz continued for a few minutes, until a large horn could be heard from the distance. The apparition froze as Niran suddenly stopped playing, dropping the teddy bear on the ground. The two looked outside the crack and saw crowds of people walking in the direction towards the arena.  The figure began to follow them as well, but before he could get out of the crack Niran grabbed his hand and pleadingly asked:

“Before you go, could you at least tell me your name?”

This discussion has been closed.