Battle Mystery Card: Create Your Own Weapon

Comments

• edited September 2023
    @TheKeefMan
    I was messing with ya. You simply been challenged by smax765, do ya accept it?

@TheDarkKnight1234567
    How do you mean?

@jpastor (This same goes for you as well, @ShadowReign)
    Your card is instant

Instant must deal damage to player and that damage bounces off same player to a creature under different player.

Your Instant's mana value can be only mono-red.

ETHERNAL WAR - Instant has devoid.

ETHERNAL WAR - "Sorcery" been removed from first requirement.
  • @TheKeefMan @smax765

Ethernal War rages...

(Has two time counters on it.)

@smax765, when this battle ends, you will be able to use a Treasure token.

However, out of blue, you and @TheKeefMan
     been cursed with;

(Don't worry, personal equirement is weaker than battle requirement. Through, they do damage same as battle requirement normally do.)
    Hardwork Journey will be triggered on next battle.

Your card is a Figure.

The rarity is uncommon or common.

Your creature cannot be black.

Ethernal War - Your creature also isn't green.

Ethernal War - Figure's power is greater than 4.

• edited September 2023
    ? I feel like I am being mocked, but I can't put a finger on why.
  • @FireOfGolden I’d like to use my mystery chest token 
  • Ahem.

@jpastor @ShadowReign
    Okay. I am not going to say how bad is "Ethernal War". I am going to let rating speak for itself.

"Ethernal War" is colorless rare instant and costs for single red mana. Once casted, target player takes 3 damage. If they don't want to take damage, they can redirect the damage to a creature under opponent rather than taking the damage, if they control a creature... If they do, that opponent sacifices a creature then same creature takes damage... in afterlife? That doesn't make sense at all AND it made the instant more powerful than it should be.

TOO LOW MANA COST - Try to increase mana cost to {1}{r} or decrease damage to player to 2 like Shock. Shock deals 2 damage to any target and it's instant. (31)

UNMATCHED COLOR and USELESS ABILITY - Black called. They said want "Sacifice a creature" back. Red doesn't have ability to force people to sacifice the creature. I would recommend;
    "The Ethernal War deals 2 damage to target player.

When player becomes target of this spell, they may pick a creature under opponent. If they does, Ethernal War deals 2 damage to chosen creature and another target creature instead."

According to your card, opponent sacifices a creature and that creature takes 3 damage in afterlife. Making bonuce damage ability useless; you can't kill something that's already dead. Even if they are undead which just died twice. (32)

WORDING ISSUE - Instead of saying "Ethernal War have devoid." Say merely "Devoid". It's a keyword that calls for card been revoked from color. (11)

APPEARANCE ISSUE - That custom border is only designed for colorless enchantment creatures. Use normal colorless instead. The flavor text is a little off the card, but it's small compared with others. (9)

So, ladies and gentlemen, "Ethernal War" is rated for 17 out of 100.

Now to Spill Blood. It's colorless common instant which costs a single mana like Ethernal War expect for rarity. It deals 2 damage directly to player, but if that is prevented, it deals 2 damage to a creature under different opponent instead. Taking a look at Needle Drop, that card and Spill Blood share most similar. The difference is the ability. Spill Blood is merged of between Shock and Needle Drop, all of them are common. Shock uses one red mana to deal 2 damage while Needle Drop uses a single mana to deal one damage to damaged creature and draw a card. Hence, I would say 2 damage and drawing a card would make it a little overpowered than it should be based on mana cost. Because of that, Spill Blood takes 22 damage. The wording looks good here.

The appearance of Spill Blood looks fine here, everything are in right place unlike "Ethernal War" anyway.

Hence, Spill Blood is rated for 78 out 100.
    @ShadowReign, you won the battle as jpastor is completely burned through to their bones!

@jpastor and @ShadowReign gets a free Treasure token

While jpastor can use two Treasure tokens now.

One time counter is added to Ethernal War. It now has three time counters.

• @smax765 @TheKeefMan
    Let me guess, ya guys want to redraw?
  • No, @FireOfGolden, I have the card except the art.
  • Ah gotcha. Take your time then.
  • Here is my card:

• @FireOfGolden I don't really have any idea regarding who to challenge but I'd love a game here.
  • In name of randomness, @cadstar369!

@jaceberlin is looking for someone to challenge but isn't sure. Would you allow them to challenge you?
  • Sure, why not.
  • @cadstar369 @jaceberlin

Tick... Tock...

@cadstar369, as you enter the battle, Ticking Time Bomb is now active. If you haven't submitted a card by Oct 5, 11:59 CST, it will explodes on you and causing you to lose the battle.

As Ethernal War Roars...

(Has three time counters on it)

Break this creature into parts and you must have a new card contain three parts from that card. 

Your card cannot be black

Card's mana cost will be greater than 3

Ethernal War - Your card also cannot be two or more colors.

Ethernal War - You must use "Fox Skeleton" as your creature type, if it's a creature.
    If you guys would like to redraw, please let me know so.
  • @jaceberlin for reference, according to a previous battle, “parts” includes Name, Color, Picture, Type, Subtype, Rarity, Ability text, and Flavor text. A part must also be used exactly as it appears on the original card for it to count. I'd like to redraw this one if you don't mind.
  • @cadstar369 Of course, we will have to wait for jaceberlin to approve this request.

May I ask why you would like to redraw? Did I made this requirements too hard?
  • While they aren't necessarily difficult, they overlap in a rather uninteresting way:
    • For a creature card, it has to be a nonblack Fox Skeleton, and there's only 4 nonblack skeletons in all of Magic (two of them are relatively new mythic rares, and another still has black in its color identity). While there's potentially plenty of freedom here (it's unclear whether using more than three parts is allowed, and two of them are fixed in this case), the result probably won't feel like a Magic card.
    • For a noncreature card, the Color, Type, and Subtype parts are all unusable. The Ability text and Flavor text parts also probably wouldn't work, which leaves Name, Picture, and Rarity. Thus, to meet the 'three parts' restriction, it'd have to be a common nonblack noncreature card named Fox's Afterlife using that exact image (presumably including cropping).
    Neither of these routes are particularly inspiring to me, and I even left out two of the restrictions. I don't want to just leave the challenge hanging for a week and take the auto-loss though, hence the redraw request.
  • @cadstar369
    Ah, I didn't think of that! I will tailor new requirements carefully next time. If you are unsure about a requirement, you can always ask me for that. I will be happy to explain it to you (and your enemy as well).
  • @cadstar369 @FireOfGolden I'd also like to redraw. There's not that much to work with.
  • @jaceberlin @cadstar369
    Your card is nonAura Enchantment.

Enchantment must be able turn into creature through triggering.

Enchantment cannot be green or blue.

Ethernal War - The creature type cannot be either Orc or Human.

Ethernal War - Rarity is uncommon or common.

• Hmm… as @TheKeefMan has not made a card, could you redraw, @FireOfGolden? That way maybe keef gets more inspiration…
  • @smax765 Sure, but we need @TheKeefMan to approve.

Usually when someone submits a card, it's not possible for both to redraw. Are you certain about that?
  • @FireOfGolden Does the game only end at the end of the clock or does it end by default when both players submit?
  • @jaceberlin ;
    We can go on this;
    Challenge Step (It's a step where a person challenges another person)
    Acknowledge Step (It's a step where challenged accepts the request. It's where Curses or any effect says "At beginning of your battle" will become active.)
    Battle Step (It's where Game starts and doesn't end until one of challengers submits a card. It's the step only both challengers may redraw to generate new requestments.)
    Judge Step (The Game ends the moment a challenger submits a card. Another challenger who haven't submitted may continue work on card then submit it or choose to drop this out. It's the moment I enters to judge it. It's like End Step, players can't do anything but wait it out. When I finished the judge and reveals the winner or tie, Battle ends.)

That means you guys are in Judge Step, and I am judging your cards. I gave a chance to @TheKeefMan and @smax765 to redraw because everyone haven't encountered this before. After this, no one will be able to redraw in Judge Step.

Also, sorry, give me some time to judge it. It's just that I am mostly busy on Halloween project.
  • @jaceberlin @cadstar369
    Sorry for delay! This Battle Mystery Card will be paused, hence, no one can challenge anyone until I resumes it. That way would give me some time on other area while busy working on Halloween project.

Right, Mother's Love. We will start with that.

Its rating is 89 rating, here's a reason;

SPELLING: One of weakest errors that deals the least damage to rating. On first ability, it should be "At beginning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life." Where there should be only single "g" rather than two. Your originally ability: [ At beggning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life. ] because of this, rating took 11 damage.

Otherwise, great card!

As for Opal Shinju, it's rated for 87. Here's reason;

WORDING: Your originally ability is [ When an opponent casts a creature spell, if Opal Shinju is a enchantment, Opal Shinju becomes a 3/2 Cat Beast creature with provoke. ] "Opal Shinju becomes..." is temporary effect and should go for "Opal Shinju becomes a 3/2 Cat Beast creature until end of turn. It's not enchantment." If your intention wasn't to make it temporary, then go this way instead; "Opal Shinju is a 3/2 Cat Beast creature."

Does new card type overwrite existing card type? Anyway,

After ability been triggered. It WILL keep trigger unless new card type overwrites existing card type. Otherwise;

"When an opponent casts a creature spell, if Opal Shinju isn't creature. It loses all abilities then is a 3/2 Cat Beast creature with provoke. It's not enchantment."

If you feel like this is unfairly judge, just say so. I will bring a few people to take a look at it and tell rating to me. (Then I will average it out to give you the final rating, not including my rating.)
    Winner cannot be declared until my judge been confirmed. @jaceberlin, if you feel like cadstar did it to benefit themselves, you can always ask for juries. ?

You guys are still in Judge Step, hence, the battle yet to end.

@TheKeefMan I am mentioning you to remind you that your enemy have submitted a card and is waiting for you. If you feel bored with your requirements, you may redraw as @smax765 already approved it. At same time, @smax765, you can challenge another person while you are waiting for them. Unfortunately, I paused Battle Mystery Card to give myself a some space to breath.