Battle Mystery Card: Create Your Own Weapon

12345679»

Comments

• @smax765
    Looks like TheKeefMan is unable to submit a card on the time (Ahem, for a month even after many mentions), the choice is yours; Wait a little more and wait to see if they will come back. Or, end this battle as the winner.
  • I would like a battle against @flatmap. Give an easy prompt and let’s see what our new mate can do.
  • @smax765
    I will see what can I do, but real question is: Will they accept the challenge?

@flatmap
    Welcome aboard! You been challenged by smax765, please accept this challenge within a week, Nov 28, 11:59 PM CST.
  • I accept your challenge!
  • (@smax765, @FireOfGolden, since it seems like at-mentions are the norm here)
  • edited November 2023
    @smax765 @flatmap @TheDarkKnight1234567

As Ethernal War rages...

(Has six time counters on it)

Having Two Minds are Better than just One...

TheDarkKnight1234567 been selected to be Smax765's teammate. They may not communicate each other in order to create a card until this battle ends.

Hardwork Journey Continues...

Smax765 will get a personal requirement.

* Your card type is creature.

* Its rarity will be rare.

* Creature must have exactly two colors in its mana cost.

Ethernal War - Your creature type will be either Zombie, Vampire, or Skeleton.

Ethernal War - The creature has a flavor text.
    Smax765;

* Your creature's power must be greater than 1.

• @smax765
    Before you do anything, tell me what would you do with that battle against TheKeefMan? Do you want to wait for them or end it as a winner?
  • I would like a tie.
  • @smax765
    Then so shall it be.

The battle ended as a time counter is put onto the Ethernal War. It has 7 time counter now. There are no winner but Smax765 and TheKeefMan gets a treasure regardless.
  • @smax765 @TheDarkKnight1234567
    You now have a month left to submit your card.
  • @FireOfGolden

I'm sorry, but I don't really feel like participating this time around - can you choose somebody else as smax765's partner?
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567
    Aight, you may choose someone to be their partner who played at least once BMC
  • Man, this battle might be unfair then.

@cadstar369, you are Smax765's partner now. You will create card according to requirements. The personal requirement will not apply you, fortunately.

You don't have any curses attached to you. You will be treated as if you challenged someone and is now in battle. Meaning you will be able to receive Treasure token when battle ends.

Happy cardsmithing!
  • Create a rare Zombie, Vampire, or Skeleton creature card that has flavor text and exactly two colors in its mana cost.
    Silumger Reaper
  • @cadstar369
    Saw on Mystery Box World, all I can say is two birds and one rock.
  • @smax765 @cadstar369 @flatmap
    Began judging your cards and you will get result perhaps within two days or less. Sorry to keep you wait.
  • Since Bonesprout was first to be submitted, it will be judged first.

It's a black/green 1/2 Plant Zombie creature. Plants, now, that's underrated when it comes to other color than just green. I can't say I see that creature type often, but they generally used to be a naturally defender. For only BG, when it dies, controller puts a land from their graveyard onto battlefield tapped under their control. While in graveyard, they may pay for just 1B to bring it back to their hand. This is my opinion, I would say Bonesprout is a little too overcost for its currently form. If its power would be increased to 2 then it would be balanced well.

In result, Bonesprout takes 11 damage from undercost, but could be Plant Skeleton rather than Plant Zombie to stay in flavor. 89 out 10.

Siliumgar Reaper is a rare Zombie Naga costs 3UB that kills everyone it dealt any amount of damage. Exploit is a keyword, I never walked to before and it's in MTG. Once a creature is sacificed, another creature gets -×/-× depending on sacificed creature's toughness 

I would say here looks in order and it is well balanced. Exploit ability itself could be abused easily, but it proved to be very weak to trigger because it requires creatures to fuel it. So, unless it is partnered with green, it is somewhat weak creature which has an only deathtouch.

It haven't took any damage, moving to Nightlighter Skaab;

It's a uncommon 3/5 black and blue Zombie creature, it has tidewalker which allows miller to reveal it then put it into their hand. Once casted for 3UB, its ability will only triggers when its controller draws a card. When triggered, instead of drawing, every player mills a card. Controller can cast milled cards only if they milled such this turn. Then they may put one of them into their hand next end step.

To start;

Rarity (21 damage) - The abilities together are too unqiue for rarity itself, to balance it out, increase its rarity to rare.

Wording (4 damage) - I beileve that second ability would go this way instead;

"When you would draw a card, each player mills a card instead." 

Gameplay (5 damage) - It could be hard to track what creature would do every turn when there are many enchantments, planewalkers, etc to watch out for. If you would make it;

"You may play cards you milled this turn from your graveyard. You may put one of them into your hand at beginning of your end step."

I am unsure how that wording works, but my intention was to only milled card this turn can be put into hand at end of turn.

The rating of Nightlighter Skaab is 70.

Hence, 70 plus 100 equal to 170, then divided by 2 is 85.

@flatmap won this battle, well done!

Ethernal War now has 8 time counters on it.

@Smax765 ; @Cadstar369 @flatmal gets a Treasure token. 

Sorry for long wait!

I will plan to close this discussion for another new discussion with a new challenge that appears every week - Inspired by Robo-Kitty - and whoever entered the challenge will get a random card. Let it be either curse or power-up... Or even enchantment!

• Cool, thank you for the feedback!