Arkanion - A RPG Campaign

Comments

• LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    Specters Curse is not countered by the Antimagic Rune.
  • edited October 2023
    Okay, five Illusions blocks boss monster instead for up to 25 damage. (10 damage to boss monster due to Adsorb 3)
  • edited October 2023
    @LvB why, exactly, wouldn't the Antimagic Rune counter Specter's Curse? It's a triggered ability from a non-Dwarf source (indicated by the use of 'whenever'), so it gets countered by the rune's ability.

Edit: Btw, why was the Antimagic Rune edited after the fact?
  • @cadstar369
    Gamemaster's word is law. If he said rune's ability don't counter specific triggered ability like Specter's Curse, then it doesn't counter that ability. ?‍♂️ but honestly I want to see his face when his rune actually helps the illusions stay alive while fighting.
  • edited October 2023
    @FireOfGolden the Rune of the End and Antimagic Rune have already sharply outlined the shape of a TPK (total party kill) that none of us can do anything about. If we let him rewrite his cards to his benefit (and/or our detriment) now, particularly in response to the players being clever, who knows how absurd it'll get in the future?
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    Well, maybe i chose the wrong wording, but the intention of it is, that spells and abilities that the adventurers willingly activate are countered until the rune is destroyed. It shouldnt affect passives. And i only edited it, to make clear what it exactly does, which apparently didnt work. So i ask for your help. The intention of the Antimagic Rune is that it counters spells and abilities that the adventurers activate, for example by tapping a character or by paying mana or something like that. Maybe you can help with the wording how it should be.

As the Dwarfen Paladin runs into the army of illusions, the last rune is triggered.

Before being exiled, the Dwarfen Paladin blasts Bragrack with holy Smite for 4 damage. The Paladin then becomes transparent like a ghost and starts watching the adventurers party. He is surrounded by an otherworldly glow and you can see how the deadly wounds that the illusions caused are slowly healing.
    If the Paladin returns to life, he will be at full life and full mana and who knows what other abilities he has, that he hasnt used yet. If you want, you can leave the prison area now or you can wait for the Paladin to respawn.
    A. - Lets leave. We could also activate the traps, should the paladin chase us. That will slow him down.
    B. - Lets wait. Its 4v1 afterall and that dwarfs deserves to die!

• Ah gotcha. @LvB

As Cadstar369 stated that Specter's Curse is a triggerable ability and when Illusionman attacks, it is triggered to force myself to sacifice it. However, when Antimage Rune is used, it counters everything that's triggered abilities and spells. Because of that, Specter's Curse been countered and I don't have to sacifice it at end of combat.
  • edited October 2023
    "Passive" is far from well-defined here. That aside, it looks like you're looking for something like this:
    Counter all non-Dwarf spells and activated abilities of non-dwarf sources.
    Being fuzzy with the wording here relative to existing cards to keep things concise. (This is how it might be written on something that isn't a permanent.)

~~~

Now what, we have 9 turns (including the current turn Rarg in which was trying to attack the Antimagic rune) to do whatever while we wait for the Paladin to come back into existence? If so, Duucxejial votes to stay with hardly a second thought.
  • Let's say we wait and I will bulild an army of illusions waiting for them.
  • edited October 2023
    Let me take stock of the party's condition:

Duucxejial – Currently 3/10 (-1/-1 counter, Gladewalker's Shroud); 11 mana
    Rarg – Currently 8/9 (Resilient Role); 0 mana
    Wenkman – Currently 2/11 (-1/-1 counter); 0 mana
    Bragrack – Currently 5/-1 (-1/-1 counter); 0 mana

Is there any status condition or damage I missed? (I've got a solid plan for these 9 turns in mind at the moment, but want to make sure I don't miss anything.)
  • Dang, Bragrack became weak, even afterlife.
  • edited October 2023
    Quick question: Does this moment count as the encounter ending (i.e. does Duucxejial's Gladewalker's Shroud fall off during the round Rarg destroys the Antimagic Rune)?

Edit: I've got another plan prepared, pending the party's approval.
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    No, the encounter is still active.
    The Dwarfen Paladin has exiled itself and its the first of 9 turns the adventurers have now before the Paladin comes back.
    And the dwarfen rune is also still there, but you can destroy it by attacking. Its 0/4
  • edited October 2023
    Here's our plan for the nine turns:

During the first turn, Rarg attacks and destroys the Antimagic Rune. After that, Wenkman uses his Energy Drainer on himself during each of the nine turns. Duucxejial does the following during each of the nine turns:
    1. Perform + Denkeeper's Boon x2 on Rarg
    2. Perform + Denkeeper's Boon x2 on Wenkman
    3. Perform + Denkeeper's Boon x2 on Duucxejial
    4. Perform + Offer to the Ancients on the Exhausted token, proliferating the party's +1/+1 counters.
    5. Perform + Gladewalker's Shroud on Rarg
    6. Perform + Gladewalker's Shroud on Wenkman
    7. Perform
    8. Perform + Offer to the Ancients on the Exhausted token, proliferating the party's +1/+1 counters again.
    9. Perform + Denkeeper's Boon on Bragrack.

This puts the party in the following position just before the paladin returns:

Duucxejial – 7/15 (3 +1/+1 counters, Gladewalker's Shroud); 5 mana
    Rarg – 12/14 (4 +1/+1 counters, Resilient Role, Gladewalker's Shroud); 4 mana
    Wenkman – 4/16 (3 +1/+1 counters, Drained, Gladewalker's Shroud); 9 mana
    Bragrack – 6/2; 0 mana

Duucxejial is tapped and has used 2 actions for the round. Wenkman is also tapped and has used one action for the round.
  • Rarg has 4 mana because of the restoration pot
  • On turn 1 Rarg will destroy the rune before any other thing
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    The rune is destroyed. If everone agrees to Duucxejial's plan, thats what the party does.
  • Raulus rejoins. 
  • "Suddenly the rift in space and time that the adventurers already know opens and Raulus jumps out of it!"
  • "Plan sounds good to me." Raulus says.
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    And so the turns pass and the Dwarfen Paladin, that was transparent at first, becomes more and more visible again until he is back in the physical world. But whereever he was in the meantime, that must be were he stores his stuff, because he comes back equipped and prepared for battle.
    Maybe he underestimated you at first, or maybe he wanted to give you a chance to escape alife but couldnt say so, who knows. But this time he is very serious.
    He is at 7/12 now and the moment he is back he prays:
    "Warriors of old, you who could not fullfill your oath to protect your brothers, rise again. Honor and Duty are calling one more time!", and casts:
    Creating three Warriors that look like Dwarfes at first, but as you look closer they seem to be a bit transparent and have a barely visible otherworldy glowing aura around them.
    Then he smashes his Hammer into the ground and creates an Emblem with "At the end of your turn this emblem deals one damage to each enemy creature."

And after that he hits a stone on the wall. That stone slides into the wall and then the wall slides aside, revealing stairs that lead up. And in addition, as the wall is sliding aside an alarm is activated that sounds like a really loud "GONG-GONG-GONG".

You can hear the echoes of shouts in dwarfen language that are coming from the stairs. Reinforcements are on their way and its only a matter of time before they arrive.
  • "Rarg, ignore the small fry and smash his face in for us!" Duucxejial shouts, beginning to intone an aria in preparation to support his allies.
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    As Bragrack sees the Dwarfen Spirits, he starts shivering and shows signs of fear. Seems like he is not only very strong, but also very superstitious and very afraid of ghosts.

Edit: The Emblem deals 1 damage to each adventurer and then/now its the adventurers turn.
  • Rarg casts second strike and attempts to attack the dwarfed boss.
  • The Dwarfen Paladin decides what to do, once he knows how many adventurers will attack him.

As soon as the Dwarfen Paladin Spirits see that you are about to attack they prepare to defend but something is strange. You have seen some fights now and gathered some experience about how attacking and defending works, but the way the spirits are moving, the stance they use and how they position themself, would only make sense if their intention was to not really hurt you, but still be able to defend the Paladin.

Bragrack, looking at the spirits, mumbles something like "The ghosts of the dead shouldnt be here. No one should fight the dead." and then he slowly retreats and leaves the room through the eastern door.
  • Duucxejial intends to not attack this combat, and he suggests Wenkman and Raulus also stay back for now.
  • Raulus leaves the room like through the same entrance as Bragrack, after whispering "I am not fleeing, but attempting to get into a more strategic position." 
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    As only Rarg seems to be attacking, the Dwarfen Paladin activates the "Deflect Damage" ability of his shield and choses Rarg.
    Then, if that works, one of the Spirit Tokens blocks Rarg.