Arkanion - A RPG Campaign

Comments

• The door is a boss door and as such immune to everything except damage. You cant drain it.
  • Rats. It would be funny, if Wenkman could make the door exhausted.

Oh well, can illusions go through, if they cannot be blocked? It's because of Illinkling.

• edited October 2023
    As with boss monsters, does this “boss door” count as a player for the purposes of spells and abilities? If it does, Duucxejial will lend Bragrack his Resonant Bident (before attacks) with a plan in mind.
  • By mercilessly questioning the door while bashing it you finally find out the true nature of that door.

• edited October 2023
    Then we can break down the door in 1 turn:

1. Bragrack goes into a rage, becoming a 9/6 with double strike.
    2. Duucxejial casts Gladewalker's Shroud and Denkeeper's Boon on Bragrack, making him a 10/7 with double strike.
    3. Bragrack, Rarg, and Duucxejial attack twice (via Warleader's Torch), then Bragrack uses his extra attack afterward. (Damage calculation below.)
    4. On the first attack, Bragrack and Rarg deal 10+8 first strike damage, then Bragrack proliferates his +1/+1 counter (11/8). Bragrack and Duucxejial then deal 11+4 damage, proliferating Bragrack's +1/+1 counter twice (13/10).
    5. On the second attack, Bragrack and Rarg deal 13+8 first strike damage, then Bragrack proliferates his +1/+1 counter (14/11). Bragrack and Duucxejial then deal 14+4 damage, proliferating Bragrack's +1/+1 counter twice (16/13).
    6. On the final attack, Bragrack deals 16 first strike damage, proliferates his counter (17/14), then deals 17 damage, proliferating one last time (18/15).
    This totals 4+4+8+8+10+11+13+14+16+17=105 damage, with Bragrack trampling down the door on his last hit. (111 damage if Bragrack can dual wield the Resonant Bident and Dwarven Axe.)
  • Wenkman is cheering for the party as the door is designed protected against mages like him.
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    Wow, that was actually quite impressive. You really showed that door who's boss.
    Such effort and passion must be rewarded.
    You may now use the Title "A-Door-Able" for your character!

"The Metal of the door screams as it is brutally bent under your strikes and the wooden parts of the door are sent flying in all directions until there is only the massacred corpse of a door left. You rush into the room behind the boss door and inside, behind a large table an old dwarfen paladin is already waiting for you. It must have been him who was praying and chanting.
    As he sees you he starts to speak: "So you monsters have come to kill me, like you did with my men and friends. But i promise you, i will not go out without a fight! Come on then you honorless monsters, lets end this!"
    - A. Die! (Attack him)
    - B. Wait! (Talk to him)
  • Duucxejial snorts. "If you truly believe those words, you're either a naïve fool or utterly beyond saving. Unfortunately, you only have about five seconds or so to convince us which one you are before one particularly angry prisoner tries to take your head."
  • Looking at Bragrack he replies "You released the frenzied butcher? How foolish of you. Only a matter of time before he goes mad again and starts slaying innocents. But i guess thats exactly what you hope for. Creatures such a you enjoy chaos and destruction!"
  • Duucxejial stifles a laugh. "You call that a frenzied butcher? Never mind. The only reason we're down here is because your people were being unreasonable to begin with; we just want our equipment back. If any of you were willing to explain anything, this whole debacle could have been avoided. Perhaps it still can be."
  • "If your equipment got confiscated, you probably caused trouble! But if you wanted it back, theres other ways. You couldve asked instead of breaking in here and killing people. But be that as it may, i will give you a chance. Surrender now and i will spare you. And i will promise that you will get a trial under dwarfen law, which is just and fair!"
  • Duucxejial sighs. As if minding our own business is causing trouble. "Naïve fool it is then. It might have been pleasant to meet under different circumstances; let's get this over with."

The dragonspeaker vanishes from sight via Gladewalker's Shroud, waiting for either Rarg or Bragrack to start the assault so he can support them.
  • "I don't think he will let us go that easy, he reminds me of Maxman, which is a greedy king who cares nothing but treasures. He also says his law is fair." Wenkman whispered to Duucxejial.
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    waiting for smax765
  • Then Rarg will lead the charge after drinking the regeneration pot.
  • Duucxejial intends to cast Denkeeper’s Boon on Rarg to make him a 9/9.
  • And so combat starts.
    Its the adventurers turn.
    - Rarg attacks
    - Duucxejial buffs Rarg
    - Bragrack attacks too (but is out of mana).
    - Wenkman?

• Wenkman casts two Illusionman. There are six now;

One of Illusionman attacks for 6/6. Because of Illinkling, it also cannot be blocked.
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    As you charge into the Paladins room, a rune you didnt see before activates. That must have been what the Paladin was creating with his chanting!
    Suddenly time stops for a short moment and everyone is turned to stone. The Paladin laughs and uses his holy smite ability on Bragrack, dealing 4 damage to him.

As you look closer, now you see that there are 2 more Dwarfen Runetraps in the room.
    But what will activate them youre not sure.

During his turn, the dwarfen Paladin throws a
    into the adventurers group and then attacks Wenkman.
    He saves his 3rd action and keeps his Holy Smite ready for the adventurers turn.
  • edited October 2023
    In response to the first trap triggering, Duucxejial will cast Offer to the Ancients on one of the remaining two, proliferating Rarg's +1/+1 counter. If it doesn't trigger, he will cast Offer to the Ancients on the other one at the end of the Paladin's turn, proliferating Rarg's +1/+1 counter again. (If it does, he'll do something else based on its effects.)
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    As Duucxejial tries to cast something another rune activates and counters Duucxejial cast.

(This Rune works like a Battle. You can attack it to destroy it.)

• Welp…looks like I'll be useless for the this round and probably the next. ??‍♂️
  • Rarg will then attack the rune to destroy it.
  • Before that, does Wenkman want to block the paladin's attack with any of his six 5/4 illusions? (They won't die because the antimagic rune counters Specter's Curse triggers.)
  • @cadstar369
    Actually, that would be in illusion's favor, somehow.

Six of them blocks Paladin at once, dealing for up to 30 damages.
  • (For your information, Wenkman is too exhausted to cast anything. He can only just drain a creature, if it's present.) His currently mana: 0
  • Remember that mana refills two points and health one at the beginning of each combat. I also forgot that before.
  • Oh, I didn't know about that.
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    Not in the prison. No Manareg here.
    And the passive ability of the illusions is not countered because only triggered and activated abilities can be countered.

So right now its the Paladins turn, he attacks Wenkman. Wenkman can block with one or more illusions if he wants to. One illusion already died at the end of the adventurers turns because it attacked.
  • That's true for "Illusions you control..."

However, Specter's Curse is triggered the moment illusion attacks. That Illusionman which attacked that turn was about to die; its triggered ability been countered by Antimage Rune. So, because of that, it actually helping illusions to stay alive and keep fighting. ?

In term of passive ability, Specter's Curse isn't passive ability.