Arkanion - A RPG Campaign

Comments

• He didn't answer the most important question… Forget it, the others will probably release him anyway.

Duucxejial moves on to the next cell without responding to Yorn.
  • Wenkman moves on as well
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    You hear Yorn begging "Hey, let me out, please!", but you close the slideable window thing and move on to the next cell.
    As you take a look into it, you see a large very muscular creature inside that could maybe be an Orc, but you have never seen one that large and with that many tattoos. He's wearing clothes made of fur and pelts and looks weathered as if he had spent most of his life outside in the nature. As soon as he sees you he turns towards the door, his eyes glistening and with anger in his voice he barks at you: "You! What do you want? Youre no dwarf, so you better let me out here, or my vengeance will hit you too!"

A. - Question him or do whatever you want.
  • edited October 2023
    Duucxjiela chuckles. "Oh? Perhaps I might like to see that. Before any more talk of vengeance though, who are you, what skills or powers do you have, and what got you thrown in here?"
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    "Grrrrr, i'm Bragrack Son of Grabrock, a warrior of the bearskull tribe. And im here cause i deserve it. I was weak and stupid! Them dwarfs wanted my axe, so i told em to shove it where the light dont shine. And i also told em some "(%/&%//§(#§ about their mothers and fathers and that no warrior would give away his weapon without a fight. But them §(/Z§%T! dwarfes cheated and blasted me with a golem instead of providing an honest figth! I shouldve expected it, but didnt. So it was my fault. But i will not make that mistake again! And when i woke up i was here. But once i get out my vengeance will be bloody and brutal i swear! And if you dont wanna feel my wrath too you better release me! I'll show them dwarfs that they are nothing compared to a mighty bearskull warrior!
  • "Well, you heard him. Better release him, so he take many dwarves down, perhaps a few golem." Wenkman, then he would move to another prison cell.
  • edited October 2023
    Duucxejial stifles a snort at Wenkman's comment. He's clearly incapable of that, else he wouldn't be down here.

The dragonspeaker then turns his attention back to Bragrack. Hmm…he's not the brightest, but perhaps we can work with this. "Very well, perhaps we shall release you. If you assist us here, our employers may have work for you outside as well."

Duucxejial intends to release Bragrack, then continue to the last cell with Wenkman.
  • Bragrack spits on the ground. "Release me and i'll help fight those dwarfs. But unless i have met your emploayer and looked into his eyes i dont promise nothing."
  • edited October 2023
    On second thought, since none of us picked up what is presumably the cell key from the northeastern room, Duucxejial will wait until we check the last cell before going to retrieve it.
  • You move on to the last cell. But as you look inside, much to your surprise you see a little girl, cowering in a corner, as if it wants to hide. Its sobbing and hasnt realized that youre watching it.
  • If there is nothing differentiating the girl from an average human after a few moments' scrutiny, Duucxejial will leave this to the others and go retrieve what he assumes is the cell key.
  • Rarg wants to free Bragrack and the little girl. Anyone more?
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    So with Raulus still being gone to the strange dimension he sometimes disappears into, the majority of the group decides to free Bragrack and the little girl. Duucxejial gets the key from the room in the northeast and indeed it turns out to be the key to the prison cells.
    As Duucxejial returns, you open the cells of Bragrack and the little girl and while Bragrack storms out quite enthusiastic and vengeance-thirsty, the little girl carefully looks at each other with big dark and teary eyes and then decides to hide behind Rarg, who seems to be the one who's least frightening among this group of Draconids/Reptiles, Orcs and featureless Figures.
    But what now?
    A. - Lets go to the 3rd vault. Our Weapons should be there and we can arm Bragrack
    B. - Before we leave this floor, lets check out the rooms in the middle, where probably more dwarfes are.
    C. - Something else...
  • Let’s go to B. Maybe there are not so much dwarves.
  • edited October 2023
    Duucxejial would also like to check the central rooms before we go. Also, since Rarg is the only melee fighter here, does he want to give Bragrack one or two of his old weapons to arm the oversized maybe-Orc?
  • Wenkman also checks the center room out too
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    Btw. this is Bragrack. He is a level 6 creature and has chosen Way of the Body.
    (The little girl doesnt get a character sheet because she doesnt fight. Should there be a fight, she will hide or run away).
  • Ok, I’ll give him the dwarven axe:

• After giving Bragrack a weapon, you move to the door in the center of this floor and carefully open it. But much to your surprise the room is completely empty except for a torch on the north- and south-wall. But as you want to enter the room, Bragrack points to the ground "Trap!". And then you see it, a fine line going through the middle of the room where the trap can open into a pit with whatever harmful things inside.
    But since you have disabled the traps with the levers in the other room, you carefully step onto the trapped area, holding each other to make sure no one falls into the trap, should it still be active.
    But, as you already maybe expected, that trap is deactivated and so you make it through the room to the door in the west. Behind that door you can already hear Dwarfes talking dwarfish stuff you dont understand and you wonder how it is possible that they didnt hear anything of the loud fighting that happened here not long ago. Maybe the two doors and the corner of the corridor was enough to prevent them from hearing the fights sounds. Or maybe they wait with drawn weapons behind the door for a good chance to ambush you once you open that door. Who knows.
    A. - We will ...
  • edited October 2023
    He's probably going to do it anyway, so we might as well have Bragrack kick the door down and go in behind him. Just in case it is an ambush, Duucxejial will take a position where he'll be able to keep watch over any party member that goes in while nobody more than a few steps into the next room should be able to see him (when the fight starts at least).
  • Rarg will prepare himself to ambush the dwarves if they try to ambush us.
  • While youre waiting for Wenkmans oppinion on this, now is a good chance to prepare for what is likely to come. And this will be a good chance to impress Bragrack with your skills.

New Quest:
    Create a sorcery card named "Unnecessary Violence" with an effect that fits to the cards name.
  • Duucxejial sees no need to impress one such as Bragrack. Instead, he will cast Gladewalker's Shroud on himself and vanish from sight.

Quest Entry:
    Unnecessary Violence
  • Wenkman will have two Illusions ready.

(11 Mana remain)
  • LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    After you have prepared for combat, you kick in the door and storm into the room, or send your summons into the room. Inside you find this:
    The enemy is surprised, so its your turn! FIGHT!

• edited October 2023
    Does this round qualify as an ambush round?

Duucxejial will wait and see what Rarg and Bragrack do first, while strongly suggesting we start with the Cleric & Officers.
  • Bragrack uses his Rage ability and buffs himself up to 8/4 double strike while running into the room, but you cant really say who he will attack.
  • Wenkman casts Confused by Whisper on Dwarfen Cleric for 6 mana.

Wenkman will also wait for any people before he can drain anyone for energy.
  • @LvB
    Wenkman can react before Bragrack deals damage to anyone.
  • edited October 2023
    We don't have to worry about Bragrack when he can one-shot any of them. If Wenkman is willing to Silence one of the Officers, Rarg and Duucxejial can then take out both Officers and two other dwarves with a little coordination regardless of Bragrack's targets.