Arkanion - A RPG Campaign

Comments

• Okay, I will take Magic's Lift back. 10 mana remains.
  • Raulus leaves the room like through the same entrance as Bragrack, after whispering "I am not fleeing, but attempting to get into a more strategic position.

That clearly states Raulus did not say he won't attack. He devours the paladin's soul with his Morganti blade and gains 1 temporary HP.

• LvBLvB
    edited October 2023
    Ok, fine ill allow infight-RP, and picking up stuff, but only for those who have actions left. And it costs one action per item or "RP-Action". And if two people want to loot at the same time, everyone can pick up one item.

Actions used this turn until now and player state:
    Rarg: Cast Second Strike, attacked the Dwarf, attacked the dwarf, 3 Actions used.
    Wenkman: tapped himself to counter Eternal Duty, is tapped now, 1 Action used
    Duucxejial: No Action used
    Raulus: RP: "Left the Room" - cast Misty Disguise on himself- "RP: Chains Paladin to the wall with dungeon roots, gagging him, with souleating Morganti blade point at his throat - Uses Morganti Blade tap Ability to kill the Paladin - 4 Actions used.
  • Not tap ability, just a normal attack that exiles the paladin and gives Raulus +1 temporary HP.
  • @kaoz42
    You cannot exile a player, nor it cannot be destroyed. (Paladin is treated as if it's a creature and player at same time.)
  • edited November 2023
    At this point whether or not he’s exiled doesn’t really matter unless LvB wants to make the paladin a recurring character down the line. (Even then, LvB has already decided that “exile” in Arkanion doesn’t mean what it normally does.)

More importantly, what is Wenkman going to do with his remaining two actions? If he’s going to grab a piece of the paladin’s equipment, then Duucxejial will pick up the Runeforger, leave the room, and save his third action (in case someone has somehow already arrived mere seconds after the alarm went off).
  • Wenkman will attempt to pick up sacred runeshield
  • "You forgotten the spirits, Duucxejial?" Raulus says. Also @LvB I forgot that Misty Disguise gives Raulus a 1/1 Dragon Illusion every time Raulus deals damage.
  • @kaoz42
    Wait you own a dragon illusion creature? Funny, it has Ward 2 as well too, if you take a look at this;

• edited November 2023
    Duucxejial doesn't turn as he replies. "They are of minimal consequence. At least, they will be if Wenkman wouldn't mind getting out of here already. Our current priority should still be finishing what we came for, yes? Besides, if they manage to deal any lasting damage, I'll simply have to fix you on our way out."
  • LvBLvB
    edited November 2023
    Raulus kills the Paladin with a swift strike of his blade, while meanwhile Duucxejial and Wenkman pick up the hammer and the shield that the Paladin dropped. The Runes forged into these items glow with a soothing orange and the shield and the hammer feel hot to the touch. As you look at the Dwarfen Paladin you see that he was wearing gloves made of leather and metal. Maybe thats whats needed if you dont want to burn yourself. Or maybe dwarfs are more resilient to heat than other creatures. You've heard that they are able to forge items for days or even weeks while enduring the heat of the forge and that sometimes lava is running down the walls of the caves they build their cities in.
    But be that as it may, as you kill the paladin and pick up his items, the Dwarfen Spirits Eyes start to glow in a bright yellow white while they burst into flame. It seems that your actions have REALLY angered them.

The Spirits turn into this.
  • Getting out for some time. You can control Rarg for that time.
  • Going out of game as well.
  • edited November 2023
    @smax765 who is "you" referring to? (Asking for clarification because it has a massive impact on the party's options during the impending escape sequence. It may also change Duucxejial's plan for his third action.)

@FireOfGolden Wenkman is currently the only one with an unallocated action left. What does he intend to do with it?
  • @cadstar369
    I don't think we can defeat these angered spirits - as mage can't do anything, if creature is protected from its spell - We must escape right now.
  • edited November 2023
    "You go on ahead; I have to stay back in case someone goes down."
  • Wenkman flees the battle!
  • LvBLvB
    edited November 2023
    With "you" i think he means the players. If i controlled em, they would always do the intended things or just the opposide maybe xD
    But its much more interesting if player characters are always player controlled, so i'd say each of you controls one of the characters while the player behind that character is away. Oh and this time Raulus doesnt disappear into the portal/rift in which he vanished from time to time in the past.
  • Hey, when I leave the game, I mean it. What if I get hurt by the spirits just because I 'm busy?
  • LvBLvB
    edited November 2023
    For RP Reasons your character cant leave the game right now. Might have something to do with slaying the Paladin. And the characters are still in the middle of a fight. If you leave, one of the other players will control your character and decide for him in the meantime.
  • edited November 2023
    Huuurrrrgggghhh... Using up my spare time to say that Raulus will attempt to leave the room at the first opportunity. 
  • With Wenkman leaving the room, the party's turn ends.
    ~~~
    I'll borrow Raulus while kaoz42 is out.
  • So its the Dwarfes Turn. The Vanish counters drop down to 1.
    The Spirits of Vengeance, with fury in their eyes attack the adventurers.
    The first spirit attacks Raulus, while screaming "MURDERER!"
    The second and third spirit attack Duucxejial and Wenkman while screaming "THIEF!"
    With their double strike ability they hit twice for a total of 4 damage, and with infect they distribute -1/-1 counters. So Wenkman, Raulus and Duucxejial each get -4/-4.

Then the spirits end their turn.

And you can hear echoing noises like trampling coming from the stairs. Dwarfen reinforcements must be close now.
  • edited November 2023
    Before combat damage, Duucxejial casts Offer to the Ancients on Wenkman's Drained token, proliferating the +1/+1 counters on himself, Wenkman, and Rarg. That should leave the party like this after the spirits' assault:

Duucxejial – 4/12 (Gladewalker's Shroud); 3 mana
    Rarg – 13/8 (5 +1/+1 counters, Resilient Role, Gladewalker's Shroud); 1 mana
    Wenkman – 3/13 (Gladewalker's Shroud); 10 mana
    Raulus – 4/5 (4 -1/-1 counters, Misty Disguise); 4 mana
    Bragrack – 6/2; 0 mana
    ??? – Noncombatant

Duucxejial and Raulus both intend to flee back through the prison floor (and ultimately toward the vaults), Duucxejial murmuring an aria as they go so in preparation to mend wounds and/or ward off unexpected attacks. That said, it's pretty amazing that reinforcements can arm themselves, form up, and rush down the cramped stairs of a secret passage in only 10~20 seconds, especially when they're most likely coming from 3 floors above us.
  • Dwarfes are very discplined and probably have guards ready to react fast in such situations. After all the alarm came from the prison floor. Thats were most trouble is to be expected. And the reinforcements are not there yet, but you hear the echoes of them, trampling downstairs. Though its only a matter of time until they arrive. And as youre thinking about this, time is ticking, and ticking, and ticking ....
  • I'm back. "Well, I can probably kill off the spirits, but I don't know if I should do that. Might have to save mana for later. In the meantime, I agree with Duucxejial's plan." Raulus says.
  • The spirits will disappear during their next upkeep via Vanishing, so we don't have to worry about them.
  • "Alright then. Let's get out of this mad slaughterhouse of stout dwarfes."
    -----
    I was thinking I could kill of the spirits with two bladestorms since protection from everything is useless against "all" and "each" effects.
  • Protection would still prevent the damage if it weren't for Warleader's Torch. Even then, LvB decided early on that indestructible means "damage can't reduce your toughness below 1" in this universe, so Bladestorm can't kill them anyway. (Raulus also can't cast two spells in one turn in the first place.) The only way the party currently has to stop them (en masse at least) is Raulus's Viny Blades, since that doesn't deal damage.
  • LvBLvB
    edited November 2023
    Dont worry about the spirits. They disappear next turn anyway.
    Unless you want to wait for the Reinforcement, now would be a good moment to leave.