Rashura (Action/Adventure Hybrid; LAST DAY TO JOIN IS NOVEMBER 22ND!)

Comments

• edited November 2019
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/enter-a-new-world

As Avariel wakes up from the fall, he feels a blade of grass blow in the wind next to his hand, not a sharp rock like what he thought he was going to feel. He opened his eyes for the first time in this world, and saw this new world. As he stood up, he saw a small stream just a little walk away. And right on the bank of that stream was his staff. As he picked it up, he continued to look around. To what he assumed was the north was a mountain, not a jagged one like what he fell from. No, this one had a calm angle in it's rise. To his east and south he saw mighty rolling plains and hills, similar to the one he had crossed to get to the mountain he fell from. To west, he saw a forest. A small forest, but one that had many trees close together, not unlike what he passed when going to the mountain he fell from.

As he walked towards the mountain, he remembered something. He knelt down and started tracing out a pattern in the sand. As he got up, the sand refilled the pattern, and then a small dot of light glowed in the middle of where the pattern was.

"Now I'll always know where I came from." Thought Avariel as he continued to the mountain to look for a cave to be his temporary home for now.
  • edited October 2019
    "Great Acyn, what happened?"
    Arcur wakes in a wasteland, darkened by thick clouds.
    Arcur isn't a meteorologist, but he's pretty sure this is the very edge of a massive storm. To the north, even darker clouds lie with almost constant lightning flickering beneath them.
    Arcur hurries south. After almost an hour, he climbs a small hill and sees a small valley with a pleasant farm on the shores of a small lake.
    Arcur knocks on the door of the small farmhouse. "Excuse me, but I need shelter from the coming storm. Could you please shelter me until it passes?"
    The person who opened the door is a young woman. She lets Arcur in and shows him to the main room, were an old but clearly strong man, and a boy a few years younger than the woman are eating.
    "Who's this, Danta?" Asks the old man.
    "He's asking for shelter from the storm. I don't think he means any harm." Answers the woman who is clearly Danta.
    The man examines Arcur. "I suppose he can stay the night here. Can you work?" The last remark was addressing Arcur.
    "A little" Replied Arcur. "At home I was a knight."
    "Good. You could help me with the firewood in the morning, to make up for your stay."Said the old farmer.
    "Of course."
    "My name is Ranti. This is my family." He gestures at the younger people. "Danta and Rati."
    "Thank you for your hospitality." Says arcur.
    (Isolated farm is my entry. Ranti is just for reference.)
  • Serf is a real type, but so far it only appears on tokens.
  • @Tommia Did I miss the train ?
  • @ASubtleGhost We're still accepting entries!
  • *Updated Erixmethane, card coming along
  • I'm not really a good writer so I thought I would just jot note the chain of events
    - The monster wakes up realizing it's in an unfamiliar world
    - It realizes it had been impaled by multiple spears protruding from it's torso and the men who did it attempting to burn it with fire
    - It shape shifts into a gelatinous form to escape the spears and then devours the men
    - Realizing it does not know the power and circumstance of man in this world it seeks out a pack beast as too offer it shelter from an unknown world and time to think
    - In it's search it finds a pack of wolves, of which it mimics to gain entry into their den for protection from the coming storm
  • @Tommia Can I switch the character I’m using?

Ruins, why ruins you'd say. Well, to her they were perfect, for Myrca, in some twisted way they represented home. She wasn't sure if this was her human or her dragon side talking, but in the end, all that mattered was to have a place where she could make herself feel safe and secure without the pestering outsiders being a nuissance to her.
  • @shadow123 I'll give a pass for now, but once you reach round 1, all characters are final.
  • @Tommia Thanks! I just found Aditi surprisingly hard to work around.

The name Yadgar means remembrance, I chose this name because I liked how Yadgar created the opposite: stealing memories.
  • edited October 2019
    Yadgar woke up breathing heavily. He assessed his surroundings. Yadgar was in a large, dimly lit library with oddly shaped shelves. Ancient books were scattered all over the floor, the open ones glowing with a mystic blue light.

Yadgar picked up one of the books. As soon as his hand touched it, the mage realized it wasn’t any ordinary book, these were memories, or short stories perhaps. Each book manifested an illusionary reality that illustrated a memory.

“Where am I? What is this place?” Yadgar asked himself, “Why am I in a library full of magical books containing ancient memories.”

Yadgar playfully tested out his own magic on a book. The mind mage’s hand glowed light blue and a memory from one of the books zoomed towards him. He closed his fist around the blueish memory and it disappeared inside his palm.

At least my magic still works... It would probably be best for me to camp out here until I know why I am here. Everything in life has a reason, and it is my job to steal them.

• edited October 2019
    Slefa suddenly awoke on a field of grass near the base of a mountain. This was strange because she didn’t remember falling asleep. The familiar surroundings of the court were not present, and neither was its magic. The form Slefa had been using, that of a young scholarly noble man, began to slowly deteriorate. Her memories began to fail as fast. Soon Slefa was left with only the knowledge of herself. Not sure of what to do, she felt for beings like herself, for magic like hers. Something pinged. She followed it to a nearby cleft of stone. While the cleft appeared to be empty, the kin magic that had drew her was easy to unravel, seemingly not built to dissuade minds like hers. Its dissolution revealed a strange stone tower. Slefa approached searching for answers and a footing in this new location.

• @Tommia are you still accepting contenders?
  • @sorinjace Yup! Until Round 1 begins, you can still enter.
  • Sweet. What are the requirements @Tommia?
  • @sorinjace I have them posted on the front page. At this point, you will need a legendary creature, CMC 6 or less, whose identity has no more than three colors. Then, make an artifact, enchantment, or land CMC 4 or less that depicts where your character wakes up in this new world, and/or where they will take shelter from the incoming storm. (No auras or equipment for this one, but fortifications are fine, if anyone's even interested in their existence.)
  • hmm. ok. I have a character I just made for my tmnt contest, could I use it for this contest @Tommia?
  • @sorinjace You can use any card you've made in the last 2 weeks.
  • Character and support card:

Lilac woke up dizzy, her head ringing. Looking around, she didn't recognise her surroundings. Moments earlier, she was charging towards a formation of soldiers of the Amber Order, Zircon's greatest enemy, alongside her brother Sirius. The two armies had clashed ferociously, and in the heat of battle, something happened. Lilac couldn't remember anything of it, only a blinding light followed by an abyss of darkness.

She stood up, and checked herself for wounds. She still had her armor, and, more importantly, her weapon.

The land surrounding her was completely alien. She was on the side of large valley of grey stone, with scarce shriveled shrubs as only vegetation, and a shallow stream snaking at its bottom. Not a sound could be heard, not even birds in the distant. Only the discreet sound of the rushing water below. She tried to get her bearings, but low clouds covered the valley, hiding the sun. From the lumonisity, Lilac estimated it was around midday.

Peering at the sky, she realised darker clouds were amassing at on end of the valley, and were converging towards her. Telltale thunder shattered the silence, announcing a storm. Lilac looked around for a refuge, but the meager vegetation had none to offer. She began to run away from the storm, looking left and right for a rock formation or a cave of some sort. In her haste, she tripped over a dusty stone, and almost fell. Looking back, she realised the stone was in fact carved: it was the corner of a constructed structure, peeking from beneath the grey earth. Curious, Lilac pushed some rock and gravel aside, partially revealing an entrance. Hopeful, she dug further, until she could squeeze in the small horizontal opening. And just in time: the rain came, crashing down. Lilac could feel it beat on the earth above; it was one hell of a storm. The dim light revealed a stairway heading down: she followed it, eager to escape the storm.

She thought she would need to find a source of light to go any futher. But to her surprise, small crystals studded in the stone walls lit up in her presence. She could see the stairs ending only after going down a few meters, before a gaping door. Drawing her blade, she edged forward, the rainwater creeping after her down the stairs. Beyond the doors, she found herself in a massive room, full of starnge and intricate arrays, bookshelves and alchemical contraptions. Lilac had no idea where she was; but at least she would be dry. She decided to wait out the storm by exploring the abandoned place.
  • When Brion first woke up she thought she was dreaming, the last thing she remebered doing was falling asleep in a abandoned farm, the next thing she knew she awoke in the middle of a forest a full moon overhead, after finding her bearings she began to explore the forest and quickly found that it was not the one she had fallen asleep in.

After about an hour of aimless wandering she heard the rumble of thunder in the distance, "Well it's time to find shelter" she thought to herself picking up her pace, she started looking out for a place to rest through the rain. Brion moved over to a fallen tree, she climbed under it moving into the cramped but sheltered grove underneath it to wait out the rain.

• edited October 2019
    Soloman wakes up in a forest swamp, head throbbing and muscels sore.

"Oh dear, seems I overworked aga... wait, this isn't my laboratory? Well, this is not time to rest, got to keep working hohoho"

He pulls a small cube from his pocket, twists and turning its faces with a calculated speed and throws it onto the ground a few metres away.

The cube begin to unravel itself, growing tall and wide until a tower stands in the middle of the wood. Solomon walks through the quante little door to continue his work.

• @IzItTru Hopefully. I like this.
  • @Tommia When will Round 1 commence?
  • edited October 2019
    Montague woke up with a massive headache. That wasn't unusual. What was unusual, however, was where he awoke. Montague was lying on a cobbled road freckled with cracks and potholes, his weapons and the hard ground making his current position very uncomfortable. He stood up and found himself in the middle of some kind of village. The place looked as though it was once a place of commerce, but now it sat, long abandoned. A nearby sign gave the name of the forgotten city. "Loftvale, huh?" Montague said, his words echoing off of the rotting townhouses that surrounded him. Just then, he heard a crack of thunder in the distance, signifying what Montague assumed was a raging thunderstorm coming his way. Unfortunately, the only place that didn't have a caved in roof was a stone building that looked like a small church.
    Loftvale Cathedral
    Montague stepped inside the crumbling place of worship. Apparently the place was called the "Loftvale Cathedral", even though it definitely wasn't one. Montague sat down, really more confused than anything else, and contemplated his situation.
  • Heat 3 will begin tomorrow
  • @Tommia are you continuing this?
This discussion has been closed.