Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @CrimsonFox
    Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monowhite instant that targets a creature you control.
  • @jpastor That's fair, I remade the card and edited the previous post.

Is the Chupacabra duel still getting judged?  Links to the two entries below:
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/222567#Comment_222567
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/222612#Comment_222612

Also, just following up on the favourites, Silver Plaque, and solo Spotlight from my previous post:
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/222436#Comment_222436

• Mystery Challenge: Create a monowhite instant that targets a creature you control.

• Another box, please!

• If I don't understand my prize just yet, can I give it to someone who does?
  • edited April 2022
    @ouijaninja the prize list was reset recently, so none of us know what the prize you earned does. My guess is that you’ll get some number of additional challenges when you choose to activate it. (You can certainly still give it away if you’d like though.)
  • @Jadefire vs @cadstar369
    Chupacabra Challenge
    While I appreciate the realism of Jadefire's Chupacabra (truly, I feel this card wins on the capturing of the legend), ultimately, I think cadstar's beast is a neater concept for a magic card. So, Cadstar wins this tiebreaker duel.

@ouijaninja
    You can trade or gift to other cardsmiths any prize you earn or keep them until you're ready to use them [if they say activate at any time.] You can basically activate this prize whenever you want. When you do, the prize will be further explained. (I'm a master of mystery, so I try to keep the surprise as itchy as possible.) Think of it like a winning lotto ticket. Until you turn that ticket it, you won't have cash in your pocket.
  • edited April 2022
    @ouijaninja
    • Prize 51 - Discord Art Gallery Challenge: [Activate this any time you'd like by first, choosing: Gambit (Solo), Duel (1-vs-1), Moshpit (3+), or Draft (I'll handle draft.) 
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Aura with Ward in its name.
    @CrimsonFox
    • Prize 77 - Legacy Negotiation: Choose 1 of the 3 Volume 1 Negotiation prizes
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a blue creature with exalted.

• Can I get another box?
  • Ok, activate Zombies 
    Activate Discord Art Gallery Draft
  • ...and the first season 2 deadline has ended...

1. @CrimsonFox (5 DPs)
    2. @cadstar369 (3 DPs)
    3. @CrimsonFox (1 DP)

Leaderboards - All Time

Leaderboards - Season 2

Zombies are coming
  • edited April 2022

Zombies + Discord Draft

Each part of a card is a Zombie. Take out as many as you can on one card!
    - Mystery Challenges will be automatically assigned to this until we eradicate the enemy.
    - These are open to your interpretation. For example, Centaur could be in the card's name, subtype, and/or card text.)
    • Centaur
    • Threshold
    • Haste
    • Remove a +1/+1 counter
    • 0/0
    • Common
    • Gain 1 life
    • sacrifices a land
    • indestructible
    • (Reminder text.)
    • [Transforms]
    • "Reveal"
    • Instant
    • Gate
    • CMC: 1
    • Sunburst
    • Tutor
    • Simic Watermark
    • Flash
    • Mage
    • Disturb
    • Enchant creature
    • Red
    • Hour of Devastation Mythic Rare
    • Level 4+
    • creates a 1/1
    • Elf Druid
    • +3/+0
    • Legendary Artifact Creature
    • -N/-N
    • "attack," "block"
    • Strixhaven School of Mages Uncommon
    • Imprint
    • Flying, trample, lifelink, haste
    • Rightful - As long as one or more source you own haven't targeted anything this turn...
    • Human Barbarian
    • Vanilla
    • The Jungle Book Pangolin concept Michael KutscheArtwork by Michael Kutsche
    • Gator Bunny Jason Dobkin Artwork by Jason Dobkin
    • Pangolin Tom Lopez artwork by Tom Lopez
    • image artwork by Jakob Österbacka
    • Irri-Commission artwork by MikNic3
  • @Ashdust
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a commander card named after @Psyre.
    Mystery Challenge: Create a commander card that fits the Spring Cleaning theme.
    Psyre of the Heartwood Kazan the Raging Eruption

To clarify, we'll be making cards using the artwork provided that have any number of pieces from the giant list of Zombies?

Another Mystery box please. :)

Inventory
    • NULL

• @cadstar369
    No - those arts are Zombies themselves. You don't have to do them.
  • @cadstar369
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Exterminate Zombies.
  • edited April 2022
    I'll activate Prize 77 - Legacy Negotiation: Choose 1 of the 3 Volume 1 Negotiation prizes and I'll choose Pawn (Prizes). 

Mystery Challenge: Create a blue creature with exalted.

Another box, please! 

(P.S. Do we need to keep asking for boxes when there's an event like this? Or do we just do the challenges until there's none left?)
  • Also, do the cards need to have a Zombie subtype?
  • Keep asking @CrimsonFox - that way there's a delay so other cardsmiths have a chance before they're all swept up! 

Zombie type is NOT required
  • What does the empty “ ” between <base power and toughness> & <Legendary Artifact Creature> represent? Any text with quotes around it?
  • @CrimsonFox
    • Prize 76 - Social Experiment: (You and a cardsmith of your choice will create a card for the challenge in the box you activate this prize with. However, you won't publish your cards right away. Instead, you'll each send the image of the unpublished card and the artwork of your card in a message to the cardsmith. Then you'll create, publish, and post their card; they'll create, post, and publish your card.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Exterminate Zombies
  • Quotation marks in your card text. @cadstar369
  • Mystery Challenge: Exterminate Zombies

Another box, please!
  • @ouijaninja
    • Prize 56 - Piñata (You'll be given a series of 3-5 mystery challenges, originating with a lengthy challenge. Each sequential challenge will be a simpler and shorter version of the challenge before it.) [Activate any time.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Exterminate Zombies.
    @CrimsonFox
    • Prize 32 - Name Game (Choose Gambit, Duel, or Moshpit: A challenge to create a card with a certain name.) [Activate any time.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Exterminate Zombies.
  • Another box please!
  • Mystery Challenge: Exterminate Zombies.
    Kami of Shifting Stone

4 zombies down! Another Mystery box please. :)

Inventory
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]

This discussion has been closed.