Transforming Planeswalkers

Magic Origins added an interesting mechanic through which we see characters igniting their planeswalker spark. Each of these cards (Nissa, Liliana, Chandra, Jace and Kytheon) enters the battlefield as a creature, and only when certain conditions are met do they transform into planeswalkers.

In this contest I'd like to see you build on this mechanic, creating cards (probably creatures, but not necessarily) which transform under certain conditions to become planeswalkers!

Submissions
Each submission will contain a link to each of the cards, along with any other comments you need to make (whether this is specifying the planeswalker's colours or outlining the backstory).

Timing
The deadline is provisionally 12 noon UK time (UTC+1) Saturday 12th September, but I may extend this if appropriate.

Judging
I'll be judging on a combination of factors, including how interesting your card is mechanically (this might mean new things, or it might just mean elegant use of simple effects), and how the two sides work together thematically. To a lesser extent I'll consider balance (but ultimates require a lot of set up and are appropriately powerful) and artwork (you won't win on the art but it might give you the edge). As long as the intention of the card is clear I won't penalise for wording errors.

Example
Here's my example pair: Memory Sliver and Transcendent Hivemind.
I envision the Memory Sliver as a key (but non-legendary) part of the hive, staying put at the core and curating the thoughts of the other slivers in order to help the hive evolve as a whole. Eventually the hivemind may develop sentient thought, sufficiently advanced to ignite a collective planeswalker spark! This hivemind becomes capable of travelling around and organising slivers, and with some experience, learns to open pathways between planes for the entire hive to follow.

Well then, have fun!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.