Old Circuits Die Hard 4: Back with an Uncommon Vengeance!

I am back from a bit of a rough week, ready to pick up where I left off with the circuit!

This weeks contest: Make an uncommon with a vengeance/payback/revenge theme.

As for the contest requirements - Do:

- Make an uncommon or two!

- Make the card somehow rely on the opponent "hurting" you (killing creatures, doing damage, destroying lands, anything.) and then "paying them back" - Example: Deal damage to target creature equal to twice the amount of damage you were dealt this turn by sources you don't control.

- NOT make a "commander" - Sorry to all the EDH'ers, but judging commanders (not necessarily cards "for commander") is a pain, especially considering the limited timeframe of the contest. You may make cards meant for the format EDH, just not "commanders".

- MAKE ONLY NEW CARDS! Every card submitted must be made for the purpose of this contest, to show off your innovative cardsmithing skills!

- Make "serious" cards - That means serious art, serious name, "serious" flavour text. No breaking the fourth wall.

- Make a maximum of two entries.

- Revise a card an endless amount of times and resubmit it if you want to. As long as it sticks with the concept of the original card entered.

- POST ENTRIES IN A SET, PLEASE. This means you can update the set instead of posting a new link every time you revise!!! I will flip my shit if people don't follow this rule (Not really, but it helps keeping the thread clean, making everything a lot easier for me to catalog!).

- The contest ends the 19th of February, 2 pm (CET). Winners will be announced some time the same day.
The contest will be a bit longer, but that is because the contest that will follow this one, will be a monthly contest with an epic conclusion!

Prizes, 2nd revision:

1st place: I am at your disposal for a week - This means you can message me freely about anything card-related, be it an "idea" that hasn't been made into a card yet, wording for a card, ideas for a set, help with lore. Anything. While I will not be a 24/7 instant-coffee (hue) I will do my best to be of help whenever I have time and energy for it :)!

Nominate five of your cards and I will put a favourite on at least three of them.

Two circuit points.

2nd place: You may nominate five cards with two guaranteed favourites. One circuit point.

3rd place: You may nominate five cards with one guaranteed favourite. One circuit point.

4th place: You may nominate five cards, though nothing is guaranteed. One circuit point.

Each prize goes to a CARD - This means you can potentially take both the 1st and 2nd spot, for example.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want a contest included in the circuit, let me know a bit beforehand; Every card-smith is allowed one contest per month in the circuit, but the contests must meet a "minimum-effort" criteria:
At least 1 week duration.
Must have at least 5 individual card-smiths participate.
Must have prizes. What they are is up to you, but "bragging rights" does not count, among other things.

Additionally, you must conclude your contest with winners; prizes dispensed.

I also ask to be allowed to co-judge - Not necessarily have any "actual" say, but I want to be able to look over the cards you intend to let win, just so I can check for broken interactions and such. I will do minimal to influence you otherwise, in order to keep the circuit as unbiased as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for one additional co-judge! The current crew is me and @Suicidal_Deity

I need you to be dependable on the day of judging. We judge and release the winners on the same day as the contest ends, for weekly contests. The monthly contests have a week for judging and considerations.

If you are interested in helping me judge (Permanently, or just this time), send a message to me on these forums.

Co-judges may participate but cannot vote for themselves (duh!). I will never partake in any circuit-related contests.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top8 people in the circuit will be invited to special contests once a month and the winner of said contest will receive a personalized tribute card made for them in my "Circuit Trophies".
Winning a weekly contest also givens an "emblem" token in my weekly-trophies set.

There will always be at least one contest a week in the circuit, starting mostly wednesdays (may wary) and lasting 7-9 days, depending on how things are going.

One "Circuit Cycle" is four weekly contests. Every Circuit Cycle ends with a monthly "Circuit Contest". So far, there is no planned date for a "reset" of the ladder, but it will happen eventually.

The current standings are as follows -

Shared first place
@Superman101 - 2 points
@fabiocbinbutter - 2 points
@Koover - 2 points
@Cadstar369 - 2 points
@Animist - 2 points
@DomriKade - 2 points

Shared second place
@kkarn - 1 point
@Mana_M0nger - 1 point
@Faiths_Guide - 1 point
@Cryptonight - 1 point
@AustinSmith - 1 point
@Tomigon - 1 point
@MrRansom - 1 point

I hope as many as possible participates so we can start seeing some more differing in the standings, haha.

Godspeed, everyone!

If I forgot something (circuit points, some rules) please PM me :)!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.