How to play MTG Dragon's Maze RPG (JUDGING STAGE)

So... I just made this: http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/1787/design-the-dragon-s-maze#latest. In here, it is a custom RPG map that I had people make cards to go with. I've now made an RPG to go along too.

First, make yourself a mtg creature. Of course, this game is played by yourself, so make your card with the difficulty you want to play with. Try to include some basic mana abilities too (like 1-2 mana). Do not make any booster side effects, because the creature is you and the only thing thing you will control.

You start off in Room 1. You can move through hallways, rooms, anything you want, but if there is something in there, you may stop. If there are creatures, your creature fights them, 1 at a time. The fighter fights first, dealing the damage to the defender. Then the defender deals damage to the fighter and it continues. How your creature fights is you roll a d6, and add it to its power, then they fight. If you lose, you die, but you may respawn. All damage dealt is permanent. If you see an enchantment or equipment attached to a creature you killed, you may equip or enchant yourself. Then, you may keep walking. You win when you kill everything. I suggest you play with teamates. While fighting, the creature in the room can activate the ability of the land in there. If you activate a mana ability of a land, you may keep the mana permanently to activate abilities. You may only activate a land's ability once.

Other things you are can do:
Perception Check: You can only "see" an equipment or enchantment if you roll a d8 and it is higher than the permanent's mana cost.
Stealth Check: You can sneak past a creature if you roll a d8 higher than its power.

Changes in wording:
Can only be blocked by 1 creature, means that it can only fight 1 of your creatures at a time.
Trample means the amount of damage it deals to a creature deals that much to all other creatures in that room.
Flying means it can only be dealt damage if a d6 was rolled higher than its power.
Lifelink means the amount of damage it deals adds to the creature's health
Defender means creature cannot deal damage. I recommend using this and then adding an alternate ability, where is they can deal damage the second round.
Enter the battlefield means when the room is entered.
Instants and Sorceries are activated when the room is entered. A D8 is rolled and if it is higher than the mana cost, it succeeds.
Sacrificing is NPC sacrifice.
Return from graveyard is return to battlefield. You can return a dead creature from another room into there.
Creatures with vigilance can fight while blocking.
To untap allows a creature to fight a second time.
Haste allows a creature to always attack first.
Abilities allowing your creature to be destroyed... Will destroy it.
If a deck can have any number of one card, the amount of that card is picked at random.
Player means your character

I will keep posting more as we go along.

The first map has not been finished yet. Once finished, I will post it here so everyone can play it.

Someone give me an idea of what putting a card from exile into graveyard would do.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.