Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL

Comments

• @joemamajoe "Yeah, so now I’m going to forge..." "What does that mean?" "It means I get another Forsaken Monument." "Nooooooooooo"
  • @LordTachanka123 Lol. I would not want to go up against that.
  • @LordTachanka123 But we all know it would become its own deck archetype, like landfall or cycling. People would have as much artifact synergy as possible coupled with tons of forge cards. It might end up getting played as much as four-color Omnath.
  • I guess I need to add this in here...

Descend (If you have ten or more creature cards in your graveyard, you get the crypt's blessing for the rest of the game.)
  • Colorful N (This creature gets +N/+N for each color among permanents you control beyond the first.)

Salvage N (When this permanent is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile it. If you do, return target artifact card with converted mana cost N or less from your graveyard to your hand.)
  • Resend - When this card leaves your graveyard, [effect...].
  • Spooky (Spooky is a card supertype like Snow. Also, like snow, it doesn't do anything but it is sometimes affected by other cards.)

Example:

Head O Jack Lantern Man

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/head-o-jack-lantern-man
  • edited October 2020
    @RandomFandom, I know. Most of those are from when I just started making cards over a year ago, and some of them were simplified versions of other mechanics. I know they are bad.
  • @JayfeatherMTG33 They are not bad, it’s just that they already exist.
  • Lifesteal (Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, you gain that much life). A variation of lifelink that only gains you life when you deal damage to players.
  • Ultra Miracle (As you draw this card, you may cast it for {0} if it's the first card you've drawn this game.)
  • Legion N [Cost] (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay [cost]. If you do, reveal the top N cards of your library. You may put a card with the same name as this from among them into your hand. Put the rest onto the bottom of your library in any order.)
  • Just wondering, did anyone on MTGCS make this before:

Prismatic (This card is all colors.)

Because I made it back in June but didn't want to post because I thought somebody made it before.
  • edited October 2020
    Strength N (Whenever this creature attacks or blocks, put N +1/+1 counters on it. At the beginning of the end step, remove N +1/+1 counters from it.)
  • @joemamajoe probably, but it really doesn't matter if two cardsmiths happen to make the same thing! I would say it becomes proof of a cool concept instead.

One cardsmith copying another without permission is what I think is not good.
  • @RandomFandom, for Forge, you can't get a Forsaken Monument. It is only equipment. I suggest reading it fully.
  • @joemamajoe Ah. I could have sworn it said artifact. Sorry.
  • @RandomFandom, that's ok. Sorry if I sound rude.
  • Paradise - ... [As long as/if] you control four or more lands with different names ...
  • Perfection N [Cost] (When this permanent becomes untapped, you may pay [cost]. If you do, draw N cards.)
  • edited October 2020
    @joemamajoe Paradise is actually a really cool mechanic! It encourages some cool decks! Perfection might be too narrow/powerful to be keyworded though.
  • edited October 2020
    NEW VERSION/WORDING OF BOMBARD:

Old: Bombard N (Discard N cards, Reveal this card from your hand, and Remove an unblocked attacker you control from combat: You may cast a copy of this card without paying its mana cost.)

NEW: Bombard [Cost] ([Cost], Reveal this card from your hand, Remove an unblocked attacker you control from combat: You may cast a copy of this card without paying its mana cost.)
  • edited October 2020
    NEW VERSION/WORDING OF ROIL:

Old: Roil N - [Cost] (Whenever you discard a card, you may pay [cost]. If you do, exile this card from your graveyard with N roil counters on it. You may pay {2} anytime to remove a roil counter from it. When the last is removed, put it onto the battlefield. It gains haste.)

New: Roil N — [Cost] ([Cost], Exile this card from your graveyard: Put N roil counter(s) on it. You may pay [2] anytime to remove a roil counter from it. When the last is removed, put it onto the battlefield.)
  • edited October 2020
    Warcry N (This creature gets +N/+N as long as an opponent has more creature cards in their graveyard than you.)
  • edited October 2020
    Assimilate (Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put an assimilation counter on this permanent.)
  • edited October 2020
    (Redacted)
  • edited October 2020
    [ Remake]
  • edited October 2020
    NEW WORDING OF RITE MECHANIC

Old: Rite N — {cost} (If you cast this spell for its Rite cost it enters the battlefield with N time counters. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When you remove the last, return it to its owners hand.)

New: Rite N — [Cost] (If you cast this spell for [cost], it enters the battlefield with N time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, return it to its owner's hand.)
  • @CassZero, it should say:

Hitman (Whenever a nontoken creature an opponent controls dies, you may create a treasure token. If you don't, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)