Four Color Guild Design

2»

Comments

• Guys, I have a name for the set.

PRISMA

(ALternatively, Prism, Prismatic, Prismatrix, e.t.c.)
  • Oooooo! I like that one!

Perhaps the name of the plane?

"Armies of Prisma" has a hell of a ring to it.
  • @ErinsCards

So it's decided then! "Armies of Prisma"! :D
  • @HeroKP Perfect! I'm going to work on some noncreature spells, and then the cycle of 5 Generals.
  • @ErinsCards

For the WUBG, Should we make it be made up of 4 three-coloured Houses? That might be interesting. Like:

WUB: Regeol, the most noble one
    WUG: Civale, the most incorruptible one, but even they have to play the game of thrones once in a while
    WBG: Tuun, the one most connected to nature
    UBG: Lork, arguably the most sinister, responsible for the horrors inhabiting the swamps (including the deathfriend)
  • Is there any chance we could help with card design?
  • @ThatOneCat Of course!!! Feel free to submit cards!!!

@HeroKP Sounds good!
  • oooOOOOOooooo
  • edited August 2019

Inneum Zir. The Mage Mechanical. The Steelmind. The Deadheart.

Inneum Zir, determined to be left to his studies and ignorant of the world, created an army of perfect soldiers. He twisted the life from the soldiers of his army, making them each into monstrous geniuses obsessed with the arcane. Now they labor under him, each pursuing one of several magical fields in their quest for knowledge.
  • @ErinsCards Let's figure out the early history of the world. Is Inneum's rebellion separate from the other rebellion (that eventually created the WBRG, WURG and UBRG factions), or was he part of it, but then gone rogue?
  • Inneum's rebellion predated the rebellion of the other factions by a long shot. He discovered a kind of mechanical lichdom. With it, he was able to form his own sect of the peasantry, and dedicate all his time to his studies.

Speaking of liches...

Dedregol, the chief cabal among the Gimil, is a council of dark liches that lived through the rebellion and will live on now. They feed on the life of their citizens (cheaper if they have +1/+1 counters), promising the faithful and the rich life after death in exchange (can resurrect in exchange for +1/+1s).
  • @ErinsCard I’m currently designing a legendary creature with Grace. Is that okay?
  • edited August 2019
    @ErinsCard

Hey boss, what about this?

Flavor: "The Forever Serpent may have gone, so I alone shall shape this world at my whims, even if it's covered with the bones of my enemies."
  • @Sanjaya666, I like it, but may I suggest that it has a really powerful ETB ability, in exchange for causing you to sacrifice all your creatures?
  • edited August 2019
    [EXPUNGED]
  • @ErinsCard

What about this then?

• edited August 2019
    Another option for splitting colors is having each four-color guild have a core color pair that extends outwards around the color wheel. For example the WUBG guild's primary focus would be WU and is associated with GWU and WUB. That would allow for a smoother draft environment with more options.
  • I think WUBG should primarily be UB, but otherwise, if @ErinsCards don't mind, I'm all up for it
  • WUBR - WU

WUBG - UB

WURG - WG

WBRG - RG

UBRG - BR

How about?
  • Are cards with cmc 3 or less also 4 colored?(Like {w/u}{b}{r}?)

Random draught of inspiration I had. Do you think it has any legs to stand on?

• edited August 2019
    @HeroKP
    Good work, but it's too complex for a common card.
    https://mtg.gamepedia.com/New_World_Order
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/new-world-order-2011-12-02

In my opinion, 4 colored common card with cmc 3 or less is impossible. If we try to use at least one characteristic from each of its color, the card becomes too wordy.
  • Personally, while I understand the reasoning for it in Tarkir and Alara, I think it would be a mistake to favor any of the color pairs in these four groups. This hypothetical expansion would define the identity of four-color decks in modern forever, and having those decks skewed in favor of certain color pairs wouldn't be right.
  • And while Voltaic Serf is interesting, I agree with Tomigon that it doesn't belong at common, both because of complexity and power level issues.
  • Uncommon, then?
This discussion has been closed.