The Great Designer Search (by LordTachanka123)

Comments

• @Temurzoa and @The-DM, you are eliminated

• @ningyounk, you got a perfect score on this one, Congrats!
  • @TheEnderDragon

Ooh, thanks! \o/

I'm a bit confused with the rules of challenge 3, are you looking for any kind of effect or do you specifically want a keyworded mechanic? If so, do you specifically want a keyword ability (like Mutate or evergreen keywords) or would you be ok with ability words (like Constellation and Adamant) and more out-of-the box mechanics?
  • We aren't looking for keywords @ningyounk, just new abilities, like @shadow123's new enchantment creature mechanic.
  • edited June 2020
    @LordTachanka123 @TheEnderDragon Am I allowed to use my enchantment mechanic or should I create something else?
  • I'd be fine with you using the mechanic as long as you make a new card @shadow123

• Ok. Cool!
  • edited June 2020
    So you still want a mechanic? Let me clarify, among the following cards, could you please point out which one would be valid entries if they weren't real cards and if what they are doing was something completely new in their colour:

• Is that a trick question @ningyounk?
  • @LordTachanka123

No I'm genuinely confused XD

Because Aven Gagglemaster does have an ability (in this case, a triggered ability), and it's also doing something a bit unusual which is caring about flyiers (it's not completely new, but not every set does it). 

The examples you gave (mutate, evergreen keywords, ...) are all mechanics, so I'm wondering if that's what you mean by abilities. This is why I added Aven Gagglemaster, to see if you meant "ability" or "mechanic.

Through the same examples, I felt you were looking for a keyword mechanic specifically, which is why I added Constellation to see if that was ok with you (I assume Convoke is fine?)

You also mentioned enchantment creatures which is a mechanic but not keyworded, so I added Food and Sagas to see if that still counted in your book.
  • Sorry, it seems to me that keywords are fine, I didn't think it through @ningyounk. Lemme post @shadow123's enchantment creatures here @ningyounk...
  • edited June 2020
    @LordTachanka123

Ok, so no keywords are needed ^^ That answers my question, thanks!
  • "each a new ability that will be unique to them. It should be relatively simple. A bit more complex than the evergreen keywords and less complex than mutate."

@ningyounk, It can be a keyword, but doesn't have to. I was commenting about the complexity not the type of ability
  • For the ability on Aven Gagglemaster, other cards may have "do_____for each creature you control with flying"
  • edited June 2020
    Deleted. Invalid entry.
  • @TheEnderDragon can you please elaborate more on why I and @The-DM got eliminated this round?
  • edited June 2020
    Also, what happened to the people that forgot to post their card last round?
  • edited June 2020
    Here, a mechanic that causes a creature to drop an equipment that gives bonus equal to its base P/T and its static keywords, with the cost that is equal to the creature's converted mana cost. It should be mainly for white, although another colors can have it too secondarily. Despite that I am not really sure about this tbh. 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hopeful-knight-2
  • @shadow123, these are mono-colored
  • @Temurzoa, you and @The-DM scored the least amount of points
  • @TheEnderDragon I thought hybrid could be okay because it fits in both colors by itself because hybrid cards can be played in a mono black deck or mono white deck. Is that okay, or should I change it?
  • No, I want new abilities that will be used by only one color, so that that color is required to use that ability.
  • Ok. I'll make a new card.

• Sacrosanct is a monowhite mechanic designed to protect from edicts that allows for some shenanigans with sacrifice effects
  • edited June 2020
    Hopeful Knight

Taxes is a white mechanic meant to act as a sort of alternate hexproof.
  • I find it interesting that every entry so far is white
  • @TheEnderDragon Another white card coming right up! lol

Here is the new version. The mechanic I created earlier (the one that I'm using here too) was more white new design space anyway that could fit in black because of its reanimation possibilities. So this is the monowhite card I created:

Most white cards do reanimation effects with a restriction, unlike this, which can target anything. In addition to that, token enchantments are a new thing to mtg, and this utilizes them in a different way than one would expect. What this effect is supposed do is return the abilities on creatures to the battlefield without having a huge creature return to the battlefield, if that makes sense. I hope you enjoy this and sorry for the confusion earlier, @TheEnderDragon!
  • @TheEnderDragon it's cuz white sucks and needs all it can get
  • @Usaername It’s really because white is the most flexible color. It has access to effects of each different color, but it isn’t super good with any one of them. Here is an example- black is very efficient when it comes to creature destruction. White also has access to destruction, but it is worse at it. See what I mean? Because of this, white can accommodate more different types of effects which is why all the cards have turned out to be white so far.
This discussion has been closed.