Cardsmith League (Official)

Comments

• edited March 2023
    @sp1derclaw got ya marked down for next season - (starts in 2 weeks)
  • Nice!  Will the established judging team have the availability to provide any feedback on the matches outside of just the results?  Or, if the goal is to help improve people's cardsmithing, the feedback can be just for the losing cards/cardsmiths, since the winners are clearly doing something right.
  • Division B - Winter 2023

SpellPiper2213 (3036)
    @feralitator (2976)
    @balloonnation (2970)
    FangQuil (2928)
    cadstar369 (2851)
  • Division C - Winter 2023

@Korora12 (2441)
    @MarvelousHavel (2223)
    StuffnSuch (2096)
    Hinges (2093)
    stijnhommes (1978)
    TGBC_Verdania (1970)
    spookoops (1764)
  • Division D

@LordArcadian (1546)
    SPyBondPlays (1489)
    @FireOfGolden (1460)
    minouchen (1420)
  • @Jadefire
    It's still a bit of a challenge to provide reviews from multiple sources, simply because it's not the easiest task to collect responses from everyone timely as is - or consistently for that matter. Nonetheless, I'll make an announcement that should someone have a question about a specific card of there's, I could probably spitball an objective review of their card - this could potentially help those that lose a match 4-0 who may wonder why nothing won that week. - of course, that's a little better than "your cards were good, but there's were better."
  • Championship Matches Preview

Good luck to all! It will be fun as can be to judge championship matches.

Division A (@12SidedGuy vs @Jadefire)
    Division B (@feralitator vs @balloonnation)
    Division C (@Korora12 vs @MarvelousHavel)
    Division D (@FireofGolden vs @LordArcadian)

• Reinstating the following cardsmiths back into the league for next season:
    @Elyas_Sterling (1237)
    @Tonysparks (1916)

@TheGamingBolasChannel do you have an active account now that you're done with them sets?
  • Just missed the Champion Match, dang!  But, can't complain, I finished the season with my first time breaking 2000 points.
  • I forgot how to sign in. Anyone know how I can make a saga card?
  • I forgot how to sign in. Anyone know how I can make a saga card?
  • @Hinges You can always make a saga on another platform (MTGNexus has a pretty straightforward Saga design tool).  Alternatively, you can make a saga just by making an enchantment with the type saga and make the text something like:

I - First Chapter Ability

II - Second Chapter Ability

III - Third Chapter Ability

It won't be formatted like a saga, but it will still be functionally equivalent.  It's like when they made retro planeswalkers and had their abilities all spelled out in the text box.  It's not as cool looking, but it still works.
  • @jpastor ; I still have two sets to go before I finish, but my plan is to write up my stories before I get to work on them.  Technically, my main account should be considered my active account for now.
  • I'd like to invite the following cardsmiths to join the Cardsmith League for next season. I think you'll enjoy this!

@Castiel_Demiurge
    @CosmicElder
    @Creid233
    @kennyboy23
    @LvB
    @Sweda
    @TheKeefMan

• edited March 2023
    New season starts April
  • @jpastor with it judged, things being made as of now get counted toward the next season, yes?
  • yeah - i mean always - whatever your most 7 recent cards are is what we judge weekly
  • edited March 2023
    @jpastor, I mean counting towards the quota for the finals the next season; the time to actually be creative has been quite limited this semester for me, and furthermore, the time to actually refine any design I do come up with is more limited. As such, my card production is (quite clearly) at a snail's pace, and I'm hoping that if I hold out before posting more things, I might at least qualify for the next season's finals!
  • @jpastor, if I were to publish a card tonight, would it count towards the quota to qualify for the new season's finals?
  • @Ranshi I think the seven that qualify you for this round of playoffs also qualify you to be active next season and then you'd need to create a new seven during that season to qualify for that season's playoffs, which then qualify you to be active for the following season, etc. Just do what you need to satisfy this season's seven and save the rest for after next season begins.
  • Right! Essentially 7 Cards across april-june qualify you as an active cardsmith
  • Ok so I'll be back in a few days then to share what I've made! (I've got finals in that time and need all the cards I make to count if I want to be considered "active")

@jpastor, am I still registered in A-League, though for the opening of the season?
  • @jpastor
    Sounds interesting, I'll join in. Does the next league begin in April? (Your announcement link seems broken.)
  • Yes - it begins next week @Creid233
  • Championship Matches

Division A (@12SidedGuy vs @Jadefire)
    SCORE: 3-4
    Division B (@feralitator vs @balloonnation)
    SCORE: 3-4
    Division C (@Korora12 vs @MarvelousHavel)
    SCORE: 2-4
    Division D (@FireofGolden vs @LordArcadian)
    SCORE: 4-1

January-March 2023 Champions

Division A: @Jadefire
    Division B: @balloonnation
    Division C: @MarvelousHavel
    Division D: @FireOfGolden

• @Ranshi - you're not active enough to start the season
  • @Robo_Kitty
    Incidentally - i forgot to invite you to join this league. Our new season starts next week if you're interested!
  • Wow, what a crazy close contest.  Could've gone either way.  Great match @12SidedGuy!

Congratulation to all of the division champs!  See you in Division A @balloonnation.
  • How many more cards do I need to make the start, @jpastor?
  • I also made this card on my alt, if that can count toward the things:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/thalassic-overhang?list=user