Cardsmith League (Official)

Comments

• Join up if you have discord boys
  • I don't know what it's for
  • @jpastor, is the discord going podcast type like last time? When I joined the discord server, it said there was nothing available at the time.
  • that discord link doesnt work.
  • Discord removed the free ability to make kinks that last forever, he just needs to replace it every few days now. 
  • Hi guys - I can't make that crapshoot a podcast. I was soo disorganized since I didn't judge this past week. Also - next time. Also - the discord is just a way to get other people who can talk.. i record with Nvidia separately and turn that into an mp3 for spotify and youtube.

I'll have some time next week to get back into things.
  • I'd like to sign back into the league, if possible :)
  • @jpastor it was chaos wasn't it lol, but we had fun it though. Shame no one else gets to see it though.
  • Well, in that case, any insight on my cards @jpastor ?

• @ManInMaroon_948 I think I'd be best to wait till this league finished, cuz we're already more than halfway through.
  • @ManInMaroon_948
    I'll add you right away. Just make sure to kick @TheKeefMan into the ground
  • Well will week 7, or whatever week it is, schedule be posted?
  • edited August 2023

Cardsmith League - Judging Update (Revised)

1. I've cut back on the amount of time devoted to feedback and concentrated efforts of rating accuracy.
    2. I've added the CardsmithLeague account for favorites on cards rated 90+.
    3. Tune in to our podcast videos when I post them for in-depth looks at all new cards rated 90+ from the Cardsmith League.
    4. Old ratings are being re-evaluated with a new rating system, which I will discuss openly in the next podcast.
    5. Yes, I edited this post to make sure I don't scare anyone.
  • #2 to #4 seem pretty straightforward and distinct from one another.  It appears #1 and #5 may have some overlap in the department of novelty.  Would it be correct to say that #1 pertains to what a card is and #5 pertains to what the card does and how it does it (which I guess does bleed into #2 a bit)?
  • edited August 2023
    #5 seems straightforward yet vague. By "innovation," are you referring to the mechanic being used in a way that is unique, and meshes with the card well, or just implementing it well? Also would custom mechanics be scored differently/favored in this rating if done well?
  • edited August 2023
    Also when you say reevaluated cards have a drastic change in rating, how drastic are we talking? Like a 95 going to like a low 90/high 80, or like a 95 going down to like 85?
  • And how would enchantments, artifacts, instants/sorceries, planeswalkers and creatures be judged under all different methods for #5, because the way I think it's being done, it would take different styles of judging.
  • AS A BEASTIE BOY WOULD PUT IT...

1. THE GENERAL CONCEPT AND ALL THAT CREATIVE JUNKY STUFF 
    2. UNDERSTANDABLE ?
    3. THEME AND STUFF
    4. TECHNICALITIES AND ALL THAT
    5. DOES THE CONCEPT WORK MECHANICALLY, YOOOOOO, OR DOES IT NEED REFINING?
  • I liked it when the Beastie Boys said "SAY IT! LET IT OUT LET IT OUT"
  • PODCAST RECORDING ON THE DISCORD TOMORROW

*BE THERE OR BE SQUARE* :) xoxoxoxoxox
  • When will results get posted?
  • YES - RIGHT NOW ON DISCORD. JOIN THE LINK LIVE CHAT - JUMP IN ANY TIME FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIKE, MIC NOT REQUIRED.

ALL CAPS deactivated

https://discord.gg/2mP4gptH
  • I dont think I will join, sounds dumb
  • I've got sad news. Because of the above comment, I'm not posting this dumb podcast.

Actually, my voice didn't record. So, it's fine. We made amazing progress today, and it is for the better. 

The next podcast video will be a culmination of all the good from the past few weeks.
  • i mean uh- IN! division E pls :)