ENCOUNTERS - GAME ON!

Comments

• edited July 2023
    Welp, I’ll flash this in to prevent the ETB.

• Removal is not difficult. I am getting the impression that this card may be quite overpowered. If this is the case, and my judgements were wrong, then I could replace it with good old Maze of Ith, which will be less useful but still would function well enough at not letting me die. 
  • Xavian, caught off guard by the community's swift response, finds their plans disrupted as Hushwing Gryff neutralizes the devastating entry of Desolation Incarnate. To further complicate matters, the community plays Pillars of Apocalypse, a foreboding land that holds immense power.

Pillars of Apocalypse, upon entering the battlefield, offers a choice to its controller. They must pay a steep cost of {3} and 2 life or face dire consequences—exiling the Pillars and suffering a significant amount of damage. This reflects the volatile nature of the land, where its immense power demands sacrifice.

Additionally, Pillars of Apocalypse grants its controller the ability to exile a target creature upon its entry to the battlefield. This further highlights the destructive capabilities of this mysterious land, as it erases creatures from existence without a trace.

Xavian must now find a way to counter this unforeseen obstacle and regain the upper hand in their relentless pursuit. The battle for dominance intensifies as both sides strive to outmaneuver and outwit their opponent.

Xavian, Unpredictable Conjurer

Let's battle!

• I guess the stack is the only place where Xavian is still vulnerable.

• edited July 2023

Encounter - Xavian: Completed

Xavian has been defeated. What a brutal match. Xavian thought he had you in his clutches. Turns out this community is really good at magic: the gathering. Let's turn it up a knotch shall we?!

@Jadefire
    @cadstar369
    @Robo_Kitty
    @KorandAngels
    @smax765

Encounter - Below Sea Level (Video Reveal)

Submerged Leviathan

Submerged Leviathan by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith 

The community plays first!

• I’ll start by introducing the General:

• I’m going to send down my own mysterious sub as well. However I’m going to back off and watch both the community and foe to see their moves.
  • We will start calling a  special friend:

• LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    I'm back in if thats ok for you.
    If we are going to the Ocean, we should bring our own base of operations first.

• The foe responds with three cards:

Kraken Leviathan by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Kraken Leviathan

Undersea Marauder by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Undersea Marauder

Churning Tides by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Churning Tides

The tension rises as the encounter between the community and the lurking foe intensifies. What will the community's next move be to counter these formidable opponents?
  • @LvB - yes of course!
  • Hmm, this situation is looking dangerous, let’s do some damage control in the only way I know how… EXPLOSIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

• Things are getting a little clogged up on the board, let's clear some space.

• With the board cleared, I’ll prepare more defenses for future encounters.

• LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    As the plague wind wipes away the carrier, its crew is trying to escape the sinking ship, but only some make it. They use this vehicle to escape drowning.

• I play this to my fish:

And then I attack with it and we get this:

• I think everyone else has this covered and I don't really need to help
  • @KorandAngels
    NO problem, but the foe can handle any number of players. So, jump in anytime if you'd like. Even mid-encounter.
  • edited July 2023
    @smax765
    No worries - I'll take both cards this time, but keep in mind only one card per play unless you have a special role!
  • The foe responds with four cards:

Deep Sea Devastation by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Deep Sea Devastation

Leviathan's Grasp by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Leviathans Grasp
    on Engineered Explosives

Ocean's Embrace by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Oceans Embrace
    on Underwater Explorer

Undersea Serpent by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Undersea Serpent

The battle beneath the waves grows fiercer as the community and the lurking foe clash with powerful spells and creatures. What will the community do to turn the tides in their favor?
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    The underwater explorer, being 0/2 now safed the lives of some of the carriers crew. Heres a survivor that made it into the underwater explorer.
    During the enemy turn, Klaas crews the underwater explorer, making it 1/5 then the underwater explorer uses its ability and taps the enemy undersea serpent during upkeep, exploring (and probably probing the serpent), puts the explored card back on the library and puts a +1/+1 counter on the underwater explorer who becomes 2/6 then.
    And the enemy creates a 1/1 blue snail creature token (with menace and fear because of Klaas).
  • There’s only one thing that seems fun right now… Let’s boil this ocean!

• Welp, with the Lookout gone (Nigredo survives via regenerate), I’ll play this card:

• Hmm, since Boiling Ocean only destroys islands, i guess the oceans water is still there, only that its boiling now ...
  • Let's keep the Spellshaper theme going and put the screws to blue.

• @Jadefire we can’t use Jaya because she’s legendary.
  • @Jadefire - where did you get th nerve to cast a Legen... hey....!!!!!! @lvb played one too but took the Legendary tag out... you sly dogs... I'm going to have to counter both of these with imaginary spells and exile them with split second. 

The foe responds with two cards:
    Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave Kraken by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Tidal Wave Kraken

The battle beneath the waves intensifies as powerful creatures and spells continue to clash. What will the community do to overcome the opposition and secure victory in this underwater encounter?
  • The only legendary thing about Klaas is his snailophobia :D ;) o:) But ok, no Klaas then. And no snail with menace and fear for you, ha!
  • Ah, my bad. Here's the replacement Spellshaper.

• Am I going to need to create a special contest where everyone has to design stick figures and snails? @FireOfGolden @LvB ;

That would kind of be fun - yet it might defeat you when you see how good we are at drawing stick figures... I bet @Corwinnn can draw some real preposterous figures.. In fact, I bet @Sweda could come up with some pretty sick Snail cards... all biohazardous and whatnot.
This discussion has been closed.