ENCOUNTERS - GAME ON!

Comments

• The foe plays:

Vortex Elemental

The community has played one card and the foe has played one card. It's the community's turn.
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    Hihi, jpastor, a great idea. :D
    But maybe Wizards of the Coast will see it and then they make Dueldecks again and sell em for 1000 € each as a special limited Edition 00001/10.000 full Foil Dueldeck "Sticks vs Snails" where every card is treated with a special snaily sticky foil and has a serialized number on it.
    But anyway i say its time to go rogue!
    And i level it up to level 2!
    On the foes Turns upkeep the underwater explorer uses its ability and taps one of the 8/8 tokens and explores. It has now two +1/+1 counters on itself.
  • The Vortex Elemental sacrifices itself to shuffle Overtaker into its owner's library.

From the Tidal Wave, the Tidal Wave Kraken is brushed aside by a larger and more forceful wave.

The foe: 
    The Submerged Leviathan by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

The Submerged Leviathan
    The foe untaps the tapped 8/8 Octopus. 

The foe has successfully established its offense:

Foe's Board

Undersea Serpent
    Tidal Wave Kraken

The Submerged Leviathan

Community's Board

Let the final battle commence!

• edited July 2023
    Nigredo is still on the board since the board wipe couldn’t kill him (he regenerated), and we’ve also got some vehicles lying around.
  • The underwater explorer is also still there, with two +1/+1 counters on it, but its enchanted by oceans embrace.

• @cadstar369
    @LvB ;

with no combat phases in this game, i've removed those cards from the gamestate, implying they've blocked and died with no regeneration or ability to change their fate.
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    I see. Well, i think its time then to hide a bit from those really big seamonsters. For example in a cave with a really small entrance.

And i level up the rogue class to level 3.
  • It would have been nice to know that beforehand, as my plays were made under the assumption of at least an unspoken combat step (since combat has been present in previous encounters and most creatures are meaningless outside of it), but okay. ? I’ll toss this guy out there:

• Let's try this. My vote is for condemnation.

• @cadstar369
    @Jadefire
    @LvB
    @Robo_Kitty
    @KorandAngels
    @smax765

You've defeated The Submerged Leviathan. You've each earned 3 favorites of choice.

With a tied vote, condemnation enacted, and the Magister of Worth is victorious. The foe has no plays left. 

Encounter - Below Sea Level: Complete

• @jpastor
    That would be interesting there! I think I can pull some stickmen or make a new one from my set to this special contest and see what happens!

What are some rules?
  • @FireOfGolden
    you post cards to defeat the foe. sometimes, you have a role like in a boardgame, where you can only play certain things. 

You can only play one card per turn. No legendary cards unless you have a special role.
  • Encounter - Pagoda Grove

Format: Simulation
    • The foe has 20 life. Reduce it to 0 to earn a favorite.
    • Defeat the foe by overcoming key plays until the foe is left with nothing to play or is thematically defeated.
  • Wohooooo BOMBER
  • Aight, what's my role for this?
  • Let's just go for the throat right off the bat.

• @FireOfGolden
    You're the ROGUE - so you are neither on the community's team or the foe's team, so you're just posting whatever you want (which causes the foe to become slightly confused with its tactics)

• edited July 2023
    Nice! Imma put an inkling on here and it's looking for a host to use.

ExoParasitic [X] (You may pay [X] to activate this ability. If you do, attach this creature to another creature that's blocking this creature, is blocked by, or you control. This ability costs [X] less to activate, if target creature is under your control. Treat attaching creature as if it's an equipment and the attached creature is the host of this creature.)
  • In response to Biorhytm i play
    Guess i have won then ?

• I'll hang around for a bit and wait for a moment to use this. 
  • Also I will not accept the offered favourites since I didn't contribute to the previous encounter at all and I don't deserve them. 
  • @LvB - don't forget, I'm the foe, you're responding to my cards. Jadefire is on your side! As the trickster, you are allowed to play similar cards to what I play. In this case, snails. Which is why I made you the trickster for this special encounter!

@KorandAngels
    Those favorites are for your participation in this encounter. You can gift to another cardsmith if you'd like.

(-1-) Biorhythm reduces foe's life total to 4 

(-2-) Slimeball Barrage creates 6 Snails. Foe has infinite mana, but 6 is the highest mana value I've cast so far.

(-3-) Snailbinder's Charm taps Arms Builder, it doesn't untap next turn. 

(-4-) Pagoda Devastation will destroy your second Plains. Until you play a land that generates {w}, you'll be unable to cast spells that cost 2 or more {w}. I get a 1/1 snail. 

(-5-) I attack with 6/6 Trample. Celestial Crusader flashes in to block the 6/6. 4 damage goes through.

(-6-) Eye for an Eye deals 4 damage to foe. Life total = 0. Everyone gets a favorite. 

(-7-) Using Slime Trail, I create a 1/1 Snail.

(-8-) I finish the turn with Slow Slumber, which gives you a 0/1 Snail on your upkeep, triggering me to sacrifice it, and I get a 3/3 Trample Snail.

The Snailemental responds with three cards of its own:

Slimeball Barrage
    Slimeball Barrage by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Snailbinder's Charm by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Snailbinders Charm

Pagoda Devastation
    Pagoda Devastation by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Slow Slumber by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Slow Slumber

Community Board:
    - 0/1 Snail
    - Arms Builder (2/2 at upkeep)

Snailemental Board:
    - Snailemental (6/6 Trample, Proliferate)
    - Pagoda Protector (2/2 Vigilance)
    - 3/3 Green Trample Snail
    - 1/1 Red Snail
    - 1/1 Blue Snail
    - - (7) 1/1 Green Snails

The encounter continues with the community and the Snailemental locked in a snail-infested battle for control of Pagoda Grove.
  • edited July 2023
    I am going to attach Arms Builder to Snailemental. - It makes a perfect host for this inkling.
  • assuming that a turn ended for the community. I get to put a card to here and try to increase inklings' strength.
  • Yes @FireOfGoldenit is the community's turn until I play stuff.

Remind me what reduce does?
  • Assuming I have no role this time around (I didn’t see my name in the video), I’ll slam this down to stem the tide of snails.

• edited July 2023
    @jpastor
    ExoParasitic [X] (You may pay [X] to activate this ability. If you do, attach this creature to another creature that's blocking this creature, is blocked by, or you control. This ability costs [X] less to activate, if target creature is under your control. Treat attaching creature as if it's an equipment and the attached creature is the host of this creature.)

ExoParasitic costs more when attracting to target creature that's not under your control. The cost is reduced when attaching creature UNDER your control. In case, Snailemental will be still under your control, but it's infected and will get weaker slowly and I get to make more new inklings.

• @FireOfGolden so arms dealer is now an equipment ,it doesn't get -1/-1 counters and the host does instead, but it still gets age counters. Got it. Then when it has 4 age transform it and I sac the Snailemental but get this wonder AirForce DownTaker
  • @cadstar369 what a play! And no role yes
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    As the trickster i bring in an army of doomed pirates that have been harrassed by snails. Unfortunately, their ship is kinda infested at the moment, so they wont make it in time. Therefore i cast this on the snailemental:
    Creating six 0/1 snail tokens.
This discussion has been closed.