ENCOUNTERS - GAME ON!

Comments

• Unable to resist the Adversary, the Queen will quash the Foe’s ultimatum instead.

• The foe reveals its 3rd emblem.

Dark Enigma
  • edited July 2023
    Edit: Never mind I didn't actually get hit with the huge zap. That's very convenient, thanks Cadstar! 

The Cryptid will play an 

And equips it with a second 

(Yeah I have multiple of this definitely very bad card in my admittedly very arbitrary and non-concrete deck, I think the art is very suitable for my monster boy.) 
  • (I have loads of removal hypothetically at my disposal but I don't know if the enemy even has any creatures that are causing all the problems, or if it's just sorceries, I don't know)
  • The foe sends out Deathbringer Regent
  • Does the board wipe trigger?
  • @KorandAngels
    Nope there's not enough creatures
  • Adversary will summon an infernal spawn to dispatch the Armored Oversized Gooman.

• LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    Hey Deathbringer Regent, you work for us now.

• I'll play the

Because it's best to get some feet on the ground before they outnumber us. 
  • edited July 2023
    The Foe, unfazed by the community's attempts to seize control of its creatures, retaliates with calculated fury. It plays:
    Sovereigns BiteDeadly TempestDoom Whisperer

The Foe demonstrates its mastery over darkness, dealing devastating blows to the community's forces and leaving them with a sense of impending dread.

It brings forth its fourth emblem.

Eternal Hunger
    Eternal Hunger by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
  • edited July 2023
    With nothing better to do, the cryptid will prepare to emerge and face the for personally, should they reveal themselves. But it also sends out a 
     In case it would be helpful. (Black is the most common colour for permanents I think)
  • Oh, the foe will reveal itself. It's only a matter of time and whether you draw it out before it gets its fifth emblem. Meanwhile, in response to the Tsabo's Assassin, the foe plays three cards:

Necrotic WoundEvolving WildsWall of Limbs

The Foe ends its turn, prepared for the community's response. The community now has a chance to play up to 4 cards each. What will they do?
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    Ok, heres my 4 cards and i play em in this order:
    Before playing humility i make sure i have enough mana to cast dovescape from mana in pool. And from then on i use island sanctuarys ability each turn ...
  • Ok so logically this would prevent all of us from having any mana too, but I'm going to ignore that because that would be ridiculous. 
  • Once again with my incessant desire to put "feet on the ground" as I phrase it, I will play a 
    I enchant it with the 

And also a second 

Then the Lamia will bite the Doom Whisperer, presumably destroying it. 
  • I don't know why black Auras from the Theros block have been so much of what I've been playing. That's strange. 
  • @KorandAngels your last three cards are countered because of Dovescape. You have your Lamia and eight Bird tokens.
  • edited July 2023
    That's not what I wanted but I can work with this...
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    Well, technically my "Lockdown" combo does this:
    I can only be attacked by creatures with flying or islandwalk and i dont draw cards anymore.
    All lands and all creatures lose all abilities and are 1/1. Lands dont produce mana anymore.
    All non creature spells are countered, and its caster gains a 1/1 flying for each point of mana cost. The 1/1 flying then becomes a 1/1 without flying.
    Since everyone still draws cards except me cause of island sanctuary the game ends when the opponent cant draw any more cards.

If you want to make the combo even more evil add a nether void and a titanias song before playing dovescape.
  • Just like that ! The foe has some competition. Will this last surge be enough to draw it out before it gets its 5th emblem?
  • edited July 2023
    I'm hoping I can scare it off after it gets the last emblem. My commander is very powerful, especially with so many useless birds walking around
  • The time has finally come, I'm going to blow the Engineered Explosives set at 2 to get rid of Island Sanctuary along with all other 2-cost permanents. Then I'll do this sequence of plays:

The Mockery trigger will target Dovescape to destroy it.

Forktail Sweep will kill all creatures controlled by the  community due to Humility.

Wipe Away will bounce Humility to restore all of the Foe's creatures to full strength. This is the fourth spell, so Erayo flips to Erayo's Essence. I'll also cast Fang Dragon from exile.

• edited July 2023
    @Jadefire you can’t cast Erayo because it’s legendary. Also, how do you intend to cast your spells without lands? (Since nobody has played nonland mana sources.)
  • This is why it's a bad idea to lock down your teammates' spellcasting as well as your own!
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    If everyone still has mana, Natures revolt makes no sense and i wouldnt have played it.
    But lets go on.
    Mockery of Nature destroys dovescape. 
    Erayo is a 1/1 without abilities because of humility.
    Fang Dragons instant adventure kills all our creatures and all our lands. But we dont need lands since mana is unlimited or so.
    Wipe away will not trigger Erayo, because the moment it is played, erayo is still a 1/1 without abilities. When Wipe away resolves and humility is gone the moment for Erayos trigger has already past. So no Erayos Essence.

• The Foe has awakened.

Shadowmaw of Desolation
    Shadowmaw of Desolation by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Undeterred by its inability to conjure all 5 of its emblems, it wipes much of the board. Leaving at least one opponent desolated. As the turn ends, it returns Chainbound Shadow from the dead.

Chainbound Shadow
    Chainbound Shadow by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

The Shadow Maw has returned.

The community can defeat the Shadow Maw once and for all since it didn't get all 5 emblems. Will you have what it takes? It's the community's turn. The Adversary (@Jadefire) has been consumed by the ShadowMaw and is now free of role. @KorandAngels cryptid must be revealed to fight the ShadowMaw.

Let the fight begin!
  • @jpastor the Shadowmaw’s board wipe doesn’t happen thanks to Humility. Also, Chainbound Shadow was exiled by Rest in Peace.
  • Surprise! I'm a chupacabra

If I can cast more spells still, I'll cast another Feast of the Unicorn on my boy, paying the life to give him the extra four counters (making him a 10/6)
This discussion has been closed.