ENCOUNTERS - GAME ON!

Comments

• edited July 2023
    Ooh, with everything reset we need to find a new way to win this. 

I’ll +2 Vraska and give all our creatures +1/+0.
  • aint this some ... crud muffins ... 

Firstly - in response to the Obliteration of everything... I'll flip Gandalf!

Gandalf the Ancient
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gandalf-the-ancient?list=user

To respond to the Infernal Debt play, I'll snap this right back at ya losers!

Grave Consequences

HAHAHAHA

I draw a card.

Next I'll send out 

Thunderstriker
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pikachu-the-electric-hero?list=user

Dealing 1 damage to the Phoenix - then I'll alter ego it:

Electric Hero
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pikachu-the-electric-hero-1?list=user

With haste, I'll activate its ability and thunderpunch that Phoenix back into a 1/1 Birdie...

Since I drew an extra card, I'll take the liberty to play one more spell:

Forbidden Love
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/forbidden-love-20?list=user

Let's make sure we punch you while we can! I'll draw another card unless you decide to block with the 1/1 baby phoenix... brutal card by the way!

END TURN with a vengeance!
  • If I'm not mistaken, that was 10 damage to Vraska that turn...
  • edited July 2023
    Alright, Vraska may be dead, but it’s time for my last stand! I’m going to cast—

I’m obviously going to target Vraska. 

Alright everybody! I’m ready to ult Vraska! We need a way to hit Jpastor!
  • We have the baby phoenix and the titan's tokens so...
  • Before Vraska ultimates let's widen our side of the field.

• we can also use some "moonfolk" to increase the power of the attack.

• Alright, I’ll ult Vraska and we’ll all swing out, if a single creature hits Jpastor, we win.
  • I've got nothing.

I seem to be overwhelmed!

I concede, but I'll be back like Eggman in the Sonic franchinse!

Boss Encounter (Complete)

• Encounter - Chaotic Conjurer

inspired by @cadstar369's entity

Introducing your new opponent:

Opponent: Xavian, the Chaotic Conjurer

Description: Xavian is a mischievous and unpredictable spellcaster who delights in causing chaos and mischief on the battlefield.

Roles

@cadstar369 - No role
    @Jadefire - Entity plays the role of a potential future Foe, but fights the current foe
    @smax765 - Zookeeper can only play WotC cards with animal subtypes or custom creature spells with any subtype
    @Robo_Kitty - Mystery Prize: Jewel Scepter: Any spell you play with mana value 8 or greater gets a fave.

With a penchant for powerful and unusual creatures, Xavian unleashes a barrage of spells and summonings to disrupt and overwhelm the community.

Heckling Harriers
    Heckling Harriers by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Infernal Debt
    Infernal Debt by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Xavian, the Chaotic Conjurer is a formidable opponent who revels in the chaos of battle and will stop at nothing to secure victory. Beware their unpredictable tactics and relentless assault!

Format Natural: Let's just see where this goes.
  • edited July 2023
    Hope you guys dig this - I had more free time today than I needed: 
    Encounters Tutorial
    Chaotic Conjurer Thematic Introduction
  • We will start by using that mill effect on our own advantage:

• I've not been here for ages, but I would like to do one of these next time there's ever an opening. 
  • Jump right in @KorandAngels what would you play based on the two cards I played?

Post your card! (1 card)
  • Not that hard to be honest. 
  • (Probably, if this was a real game, I would wait a few turns to get milled more if I didn't already have several dead creatures)
  • If the Foe only has a limited number of cards in reserve, let's attack that in addition to his permanents. Enter the God-Eternals will target Heckling Harriers and Xavian.

• edited July 2023
    Xavian plays:

Consuming Madness
    Consuming Madness by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Targeting the Wolf. Returning Heckling Harriers to my hand with Infernal Debt.

I'll play the Harriers again
    Heckling Harriers

then play

Goblin Slingshot

I'll swing with the 2/1. 

@Jadefire - the card you played was late to the party! My dude died thanks to the other creature. We'll assume that will be the milled card if there's no blocks. Otherwise, the creatures trade.
  • The Heckling Harriers are gonna go down again and Xavian will have to mill.

• Ouch!
    Xavier sends out:
    Ogre-Head Helm
    and 

Xavian the Chaotic Conjurer
    Xavian, the Chaotic Conjurer by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Then Xavier concludes his turn by playing:

Hellbound Summoning

The saga forces Xavier to sacrifice the Ogre Equipment.

It's the community's turn!
  • edited July 2023
    Well this isn't a very good situation, but a little targeted board wipe is convenient. 

Naturally, kicking it and targeting Xavian himself
    This is, however, obviously, very expensive..
  • Xavian is displeased with the last play. With his board wiped, he starts afresh with a new outlook on things. This time, he won't be so kind.

Xavian Ruthless Conjurer
    Xavian, Ruthless Conjurer by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

The disfigured tyrant continues his crusade.

How will the community respond?
  • Let's keep going mill for mill.

• Xavian responds by playing:
    Carnage Ritual by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Carnage Ritual
    With Carnage Ritual, Xavian unleashes a devastating spell that inflicts damage to all creatures and players. The more cards in Xavian's hand, the greater the damage dealt.

Xavian: Cards in hand (5) - Cards in Library (5)
  • edited July 2023
    Hmm…that looks intense. Time to get out of dodge.

(To confirm, at the moment there’s only Kraul Harpooner & Necron Deathmark on the board?)
  • @cadstar369
    Hell if I know. I'm just the puppet for this conjurer guy - he's wacko! Let me tell ya. 

Xavian, determined to thwart the community's efforts to escape unharmed, plays:

Fiery Confluence

Xavian aims to unleash a devastating burst of fire and destruction upon the community. With Fiery Confluence, Xavian can choose three modes, each inflicting damage or destroying artifacts. The community must brace themselves for the incoming flames and find a way to withstand the onslaught.

• edited July 2023
    Which modes does Xavian choose? (They’re chosen on cast, so we’ll know what he’s trying to do if anyone wants to respond.)
  • We've got a defence against too.

• Xavian, frustrated by the community's ability to shield themselves from harm, decides to switch tactics and unleash a different kind of threat. Xavian plays:

Desolation Incarnate by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    Desolation Incarnate
    The community must find a way to overcome this overwhelming force and protect what remains of their resources.
This discussion has been closed.