Mystery Box World

Comments

• Can i have another mystery box challenge ?
  • @jpastor
    Would you respond to my most recent post with my entry and box with Binary Receptors active on it?
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare creature with conflux (This creature gets +1/+1 for each time counter on it.).
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/chronografter

I'm ready for the next ferris wheel challenge.  I'll also use my Prize 34 - Chest 'o Precious Brews.
  • I'd like to hurl the Poisoned Sphere at @LvB. For Master Jadefire's Codex Amplifier, I'd like to grab some Scallywag's Brew ? and a Subterfuge Suppressor ?.

I'd like to queue for a Rollercoaster please. ?⚙️?
  • @Robo_Kitty (3) vs (2) @jpastor

The cards you must favorite are in bold.

Robo-Kitty
    1. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/reflection-shards?list=user
    2. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/krazz-the-mischievous?list=user
    3. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/stone-protector?list=user
    4. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/eventide-being-of-everything?list=user
    5. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-golden-rider?list=user
    6. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-mana-burner?list=user
    7. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/artificial-hunter-1?list=user
    1. Reflecting Shards: 85
       - Balance: 80
       - Accessibility: 90
       - A delightful card, indeed. It strikes a harmonious balance between power and accessibility, making it a useful tool for any spellcaster. Even those new to the game can appreciate its elegance.

2. Krazz, The Mischievous: 70
       - Balance: 65
       - Accessibility: 75
       - An intriguing feline, Krazz. However, the cost for his mischief seems a bit steep. Managing the mana might befuddle the less experienced players. Nonetheless, a cunning addition to any deck.

3. Stone Protector: 60
       - Balance: 55
       - Accessibility: 65
       - A rather stony proposition, this one. The ability to redirect damage is intriguing, but its intricacies might elude the novices. And the cost for strength may deter even the most stalwart defenders.

4. Eventide, Being of Everything: 10
       - Balance: 5
       - Accessibility: 15
       - Behold, the embodiment of chaos! This abomination of complexity is as unbalanced as it is inaccessible. Even the most seasoned Planeswalkers would find it confounding. What a delightful mess!

5. The Golden Rider: 75
       - Accessibility: 70
       - A gleaming, yet humble creation. Its balance is commendable, and its design is accessible. The accumulation of treasure and power is a simple, yet effective concept. I can appreciate the elegance here.

6. The Mana Burner: 75
       - Balance: 70
       - Accessibility: 80
       - A subtle menace indeed. The Mana Burner offers a unique solution for leftover mana. Its accessibility and balance are commendable, though it may require some fine-tuning for the overall game environment.

7. Artificial Hunter: 80
       - Balance: 85
       - Accessibility: 75
       - An artifice of grace and power. The Artificial Hunter's balance is excellent, and its design, while not overly complex, supports artifact-based strategies effectively. A fine addition to any machination.

jpastor
    1. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/come-out-and-play?list=user
    2. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/undersea-marauder?list=user
    3. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/verdant-harvest-shaman?list=user
    4. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hornet-foil?list=user
    5. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/warmhearted-infuriation?list=user
    6. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/frostbinders-embrace?list=user
    7. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fleshgrasp-nightmare?list=user
    1. Come Out and Play: 35
       - Balance: 25
       - Accessibility: 45
       - An audacious ploy, but its power balance leaves much to be desired. Shuffling it into an opponent's library may sound intriguing, but the extravagant reward makes it laughably overpowered. Accessibility-wise, it threatens to confound newer players with its intricate interactions.

2. Undersea Marauder: 70
       - The Undersea Marauder, an aquatic marauder of mediocrity. Its equilibrium is merely acceptable, and the undergrowth mechanic injects a modicum of complexity without drowning players in confusion. A serviceable, accessible addition.

3. Verdant Harvest Shaman: 65
       - Balance: 60
       - The Verdant Harvest Shaman, a somewhat underwhelming investment for its cost. Nonetheless, it extends a hand of accessibility. The ascend and city's blessing mechanics, while not overly daunting, contribute a touch of complexity.

4. Hornet Foil: 40
       - Balance: 30
       - Accessibility: 55
       - This enigmatic equipment carries its own sting. The notion of self-inflicted damage is intriguing, yet it teeters on the precipice of potential problems. It offers a degree of accessibility but might lead to rulebook consultations for fledgling players.

5. Warmhearted Infuriation: 50
       - Balance: 45
       - Accessibility: 55
       - An intricate enchantment, offering a semblance of equilibrium in power. However, its multitude of triggers and the perpetual question of "whose turn is it" might leave players more bewildered than enlightened.

6. Frostbinder's Embrace: 75
       - A frigid enchantment, finely balanced. It confines a creature's mobility, providing accessibility and a straightforward approach. An exquisite design for connoisseurs of control strategies.

7. Fleshgrasp Nightmare: 70
       - The Fleshgrasp Nightmare strikes a harmonious balance, offering respectable accessibility. Its raid ability is a welcome touch, and the library search mechanic adds a layer of complexity without overwhelming the unsuspecting.

Entries earned for @Robo_Kitty ;
    Reflection ShardsThe Golden RiderArtificial Hunter
  • @LvB your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 23 - Seafarer's Emerald ? 2 favorites + 15 〽️
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-red Wall with flying.
    @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 120 〽️
    • Choose a prize - 
    • Prize 27 - Ornate Skeleton Key ⚙️ Post the ⚙️ when asking for your next box to get an undiscovered prize in your next box. You get 5 〽️.
    • Prize 100 ? Illegal Reliquaries? Choose any prize you find useful from a random page of Mystery Box Challenges.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a planeswalker native to the plane with unique abilities.
    @LvB - you've been poison spehered
    • Until end of deadline, whenever you post an entry, you lose 1 favorite.
    @cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 190 〽️
    • ? Choose one:
    • ⚙️ Prize 84 ? Battle Chassis ? You get 1 favorite and 20 〽️
    • ⚙️ Prize 38 ? Phantom Orb ☠️ Loot 1 entry. (It becomes yours.)
    • ? Choose one:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a black Legendary Instant.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a non-Mountain card with a Mountain in the artwork.
  • @jpastor I'll chill in the lounge and take another box please!
  • @jpastor, here's a werewolf for you! Can I have another box?

image image
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a non-Mountain card with a Mountain in the artwork.
    Moonlit Divination

I'll take the Phantom Orb and loot Chronografter, then queue for another Roller Coaster. ??
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-red Wall with flying.
    That was easy. Another challenge pls ^^
  • edited November 2023
    @Robo_Kitty your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 150 〽️❓??
    • Prize 33 - Navigator's Needle ? Reshuffle this box's challenge any number of times.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Human Warrior creature card with the golgari watermark on it.
    @Ranshi your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 30 〽️
    • Milestone 230 〽️
    • Prize 58 ? Hostile Deterrence Vocabulator ?️ Until end of deadline, you and your entries can't be targeted.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a common sorcery with mana value 5 or greater that creates a treasure token.
    ???@cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 200 〽️?❓??
    • Choose one:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Imp with flying and trample.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature called "Demon of ___."
    @LvB your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 30 〽️
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a white black Human that belongs to a Khan of Tarkir.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a creature called "Demon of ___."
    Moonlit Divination

For the ❓ I'll pick up a Lantern, and for the ? I'd like to add Gudul Warden to the queue.

I'd like to queue for another Roller Coaster. ???
  • @jpastor I'm stuck on my next entry so I'm going to have to keep myself well stocked with entries in case the deadline ends.  I'm going to cash in one of my old prizes of choice for Malaksai's Prize 2 - Ghostly Sphere and use it to take back the Chronografter, Ferine, the Dodgy Saleswoman, and Crystalline Trove.

I'll also choose the Illegal Reliquaries and activate it to choose A Scratch-off from page 43.
  • I'll activate the Scratch-off choosing: Ghostly Sphere, Spectral Sphere, Phantom Orb, Drowsy Sphere, Cap'n Jadefire's Macaque, Master Jadefire's Codex Amplifier, Electrocutor, Memory Wiper, Diplomatic Manipulator, and Subterfuge Suppressor.
  • @Jadefire - Scratch off result: Spectral Sphere
  • @jpastor i'd like to use Navigator's Needle to reshuffle my challenge
  • @Robo_Kitty
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Serpent.
  • LvBLvB
    edited November 2023
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a white black Human that belongs to a Khan of Tarkir.
    That should do it ^^
    More Boxes please ;)

• @jpastor I'll shuffle again
  • ???@cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 210 〽️ (10 Zib)
    • Milestone 680 〽️?
    • Choose one - 
    • Prize 25 - ? Swashbuckler Steins (x2) ? Choose a Scallywag to receive a mystery box filled with treasure!
    • Prize 45 - ? Matey Macaw (x2) ? Until end of deadline, choose the mystery challenge you'd like from the post you're in.
    • Choose one -
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that partners with a specific creature.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that can optionally be cast as an X spell.
    ?@LvB your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a new quote from "The Invokers' Tales" in the flavor text.
  • @Robo_Kitty
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Dragon for the Ojutai.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that partners with a specific creature.
    Gozuki

I'll take the Matey Macaw, then queue for another Roller Coaster. ???
  • Challenge: Create a Dragon for the Ojutai.
    Ojutais Emissary

Another box pls! :)
  • @cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 220 〽️〽️??
    • Choose one:
    • Prize 75 - Projected Photosensory Opticator ? Video feedback from a character of your choice.
    • Prize 31 ? Mystic Amethyst Sphere ? Choose 1 or more. Random mystery challenges in the next posting will have challenges that include the chosen: Choose a color, P/T, Rarity, Type, Subtype, Mana Cost, Mana Value, and/or Name.
    • Choose one:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Elf with skulk.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Jund Dragon with a helping hand for dragons.
    @Robo_Kitty your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 84 - Battle Chassis ? You get 1 favorite and 20 〽️
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Wurm with a custom ability that starts with a "W".
  • @jpastor

Here's my entry for leg 2 of my quest:

Wildwood Nexus

Also, I'm not sure if I can do other stuff while I'm on a quest, but if I can, I'll hop on the swinging ship.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a Jund Dragon with a helping hand for dragons.
    Ragemount Tyrant

? ~ I'd appreciate feedback from Leonitus Magnus on Yoran, Frenzied Reveler.
    ? ~ I'll choose mana cost {u/r}{u/g} and mana value 0.

I'd like to queue for another Roller Coaster. ??
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a planeswalker native to the plane with unique abilities.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/evrim-scholar-of-forms

A shapeshifting druid scholar seems like a good fit for Edralore. I'm ready for the final ferris wheel challenge.
  • Hey @TheDarkKnight1234567, Seems Like You've Entered the Quest Labyrinth! ?️?
    ? Guidance Review: Navigating the Quest Circus - 120% ?
    • Quester's Quandary: Oh dear, @TheDarkKnight1234567, it looks like you've taken a detour in the dazzling maze of Step 2! Don't worry; even the best adventurers get a little turned around now and then.
    • Attractions Unleashed: So, here's the scoop – completing Step 2 is like being the star of your very own carnival. It's not just about walking through the entrance; you've got to dive into more than one attraction and hit some milestones to truly steal the show.
    • Carnival Strategy: First up, figure out the magical mystery of which attraction to tackle first. But here's the catch – the first one isn't open yet. It's like waiting for the grand unveiling or finding the secret switch. Patience is a virtue here! Meanwhile, the second attraction is all dressed up and ready to party, but you can only admire it from a distance until you conquer the first.
    • Hint Hoopla: Don't worry, I'm not leaving you stranded in the funhouse of confusion. Here's a hint: the first attraction is still taking a beauty nap. Either patiently wait for the opening or get your detective hat on to discover the magic word.
    • Quest Break Secrets: Feeling a bit like a questing cat chasing its tail? No worries! Take breaks, my fellow adventurer. Sometimes the quest just needs a little breathing space. You might stumble upon a solution while you're sipping on a quest potion (or your favorite beverage).
    • Professional Difficulty Bonus: Now, here's the real kicker – you're rocking the professional level of difficulty by not asking me for hints! Kudos! It's like bringing a sword to a juggling contest. Fear not, for at the end of this questing rollercoaster, your rewards will be as grand as the quest itself.
    So, @TheDarkKnight1234567, gear up, grab your map, and let the quest circus continue! ?✨?️
  • edited November 2023
    Well, brace yourselves, you ungrateful bunch, for the Zee has been coerced into delivering what some might call "good news." Can you believe it? Now, onto the name-calling and gift-giving festivities:

@TheDarkKnight1234567, what a snoozefest of a name. Can't we trim that down to something more fitting, like BooHooMcGoo? Here's your swinging ship mystery box, though it makes me cringe that you opted for the favorite pastime of that bewildering skeleton in the park. Oh, and brace yourself, an old villain is making a comeback in your hometown. The horror! 

• The Gargoyle of Subterfuge, a devious creature that preys on the minds of its opponents, unraveling their plans. It has a thing for devouring city foundations, growing stronger as it feasts on the land. Now you get to initiate an encounter with this cunning foe. Enjoy the mind games and strategic challenges this new adversary brings. 
    • As a bonus, here's a Mystery Challenge for you: Create a monogreen non-Aura Enchantment with mana value 0.
    @cadstar369, oh, you hoosy doosy rambler. Why'd you consult the fluffy cat for his thoughts? Choosing him over me makes me feel like a furball in his throat. I hope he coughs one up mid-thought. Your mystery box contains a choice:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-red enchantment with one sentence and no flavor text.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with mana cost {u/r}{u/g} using Minecraft art.
    @Jadefire, hope you didn't get stuck up there. That wheel has a way of making you feel like you've aged. Your mystery box contains
    • A Special Challenge: Create a mythic rare card with Transcendence <i>(This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with transcendence).</i> May your creativity soar higher than that confounded wheel.
This discussion has been closed.